Roller Coaster Ride.. 2nd day of induction????
    powerless is offline Member

Default Roller Coaster Ride.. 2nd day of induction????

Day 2 on my sub, and I feel very anxious and kind of sad today. I'm stable though. Meaning I don't feel the need to go find drugs or use and I'm not experencing any withdrawls symptoms now. But, seems like I feel very very anxious. I guess this is to be expected? I mean I'm getting clean and maybe I'm expecting to much. I'm hoping as I get more stable my emotions will level out also? I've been through I know that it's going take some time in my recovery. But, I'm not a crying type of girl. Even before the prescription drug abuse I was never one to cry. I gues I'm just venting here and maybe putting it out there will help me who knows? And after being numb for close to five years with pain pills maybe I'm just feeling stuff. Weird. Just kind of wanted to know if anyone else felt a little emotional in the beginning and then it got better? If this is normal?

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hi powerless,
    VERY normal. I was a wreck when I was first inducted onto sub. Granted I was inducted on wayyyy too much, but I was a wreck physically and mentally, and I didn't stabilize for about a week. Are you keeping busy? Try watching a funny movie! Read the forum, continue posting, join an NA group and tell them what your going through. Some might read you the riot act cause they believe a "drug is a drug", others will be helpful and friendly. Hang in there, you'll make it.

powerless is offline Member

I love your name, those were my favorite btw. Yes, I'm staying very busy. I guess because I had such a good day yesterday I was expecting to wake up and everything go perfect today. WRONG. Woke up with stomach cramps, and running to the bathroom on numerous ocassions. Thought I dodged that bullet. If someone read me the riot act about going this route to get clean I would flip. I've tried several times to get clean only to relapse within a week or a day or two. I have NO disire to ever take a pill again and that stopped about 2 weeks before I started my inducement. At that point, I was maintaining with my usage to not go into withdrawal until I could start the sub., and I actually tapered my usage down to almost nothing(well nothing for someone who was use to taking anywhere between 80 to 200mgs a day).

Thank you for replying. I think for now my induction dosage is good(following Robert's plan) got stable yesterday with only .50. Then in the evening I took less than .25 so I've been so lucky with that thus far. And have had minimal w/d side effects. I didn't get induced by my clinic, I couldn't wait that long to get clean. But, I'm going to the clinic today so I don't have to get the subs off the street and to be in group therapy.

I'm glad to hear this is normal. One day at a time right? Sometimes one minute at a time... Just weird to be having feelings after being numb for so darn long...