Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Halloweenhead
Robert's sub taper help I'm stuck!!! n inspiration
    Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Robert's sub taper help I'm stuck!!! n inspiration

Hi there,
    I really need your help with tapering off subs this time around...just a little background before I hopefully can have your guidance... I've had chronic pain w/ fibro the last 7 years and was on one form of opiate for most of that time. My tolerance is horrible, and I was taking such high doses I decided to go on subs. I successfully got off these subs after a year and a half on 32 mg per day, but i had horrible wds for a good month (i jumped at .25 mg of subutex, and never had difficulty tapering until after getting down under 4mgs). I dont remember my tapering plan but i do remember that i never tried skipping days at the end. Well after going thru that i promised myself >> never go there again! I absolutely loved myself off subs, clear minded, less depressed, more like the old me! I started "feeling" emotions that were suppressed and i loved that part. Well dumbie me I couldnt deal w/ the pain after a few months (while trying every alternative treatment possible) and got back on my pain meds. Well I started building up tolerence fast so I told my dr I wanted to go on subs for a bit then go back on my pain meds, which he agreed to do.

Long story short, after about 6 months on 24 mg of suboxone films, I asked to go back on my pain meds and he said no, and I need to get off the subs too. If I knew that to begin with, I would have done a much quicker taper grrr

Ok so this is where i could really use some help because I really dont want to experience the hell I went thru before (bad anxiety, sweats, goosebumps, very achy, crawling outside myself. He Started me off on 32 mg/day (I have a very high tolerance to subs), Then 2 weeks later I dropped to 24, stayed there for around 6 months, then recently tapered down to 16, to 12, to 8 without any problem in the last few months...now after two weeks on 8 (usually dose once a day not at an exact time)...I really wanted off n haven't had any probs so I tried going down to 4mg. After a couple hours I felt bad anxiety, restless so I decided to take a little more, landing on 6mg, but still have all the same symptoms. I need help and want to taper properly so I dont feel terrible while tapering and can jump off more successfully. Also I need to get my mind right because this wasn't my decision so that part of it makes things difficult (last time around I was READY and was mentally prepared). So where should I go from here? Not feeling good on 6 after spending 2 wks on 8...should I go back to 8 or stick thru the wds and stay on 6? I don't want to b miserable all weekend!!! I could use your expertise, guidance and support because I feel like going from 8-6 shouldn't be that difficult and I'm worried that this time around will be even worse than last time (I remember I didn't previously have trouble getting down to 4ish mg/day). I really appreciate what you do on here and I really hope to get your help! Big hugs

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Crystal, Robert should be on shortly I don't know to give any advice on subs except follow Robert's instructions to the letter and he will get you off these things Good Luck you can do this Surfdog

Thx for support. The worst part for me is the anxiety, which is also increased by some other serious health scares and probs recently. Also I never told my significant other that I decided to go back on opiates cuz he was so proud of me, n he doesn't no I'm wding which makes things harder too. Sigh I really got myself into it this time! Well I really appreciate you responding. Nice to know there's someone in my corner.

More in your corner than you think. Everyone here is supportive there will be more hang tight help is on the way Surfdog

Default Plz def need a strategy tonight n over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    More in your corner than you think. Everyone here is supportive there will be more hang tight help is on the way Surfdog
    I hope to hear back w some feedback soon. It's really been one of those days...waiting to hear back from another if I have cancer or not...I'm not sure if I should stay at 6 (which I started yesterday afternoon) and feel ????ty now but at same time maybe that's one day closer to feeling better or because of my emotional state n how im feeling go up a little bit and stabilize there.

Well u have a great weekend Surfdog xo

Crystal go to "need to talk"" start a thread asking for Robert325 to help you I think he is online now dog

Halloweenhead is offline Member

In my opinion, the hardest part after a long-term high dose is getting down to 2 mg. The 32 mg he started you on was WAY too high, regardless of your "tolerance" (the dumb doc had you beyond the effective level of sub). I've been through something similar...you can and will do this. Robert is very experienced and I'm sure he will respond soon. Be patient and don't feel like you're doomed...you are just feeling the taper. I have a feeling that you may be going a little too fast. Follow Robert's instructions - he will get you stable and feeling better as you continue the taper. Hang in there...
    surfdog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Halloweenhead View Post
    In my opinion, the hardest part after a long-term high dose is getting down to 2 mg. The 32 mg he started you on was WAY too high, regardless of your "tolerance" (the dumb doc had you beyond the effective level of sub). I've been through something similar...you can and will do this. Robert is very experienced and I'm sure he will respond soon. Be patient and don't feel like you're doomed...you are just feeling the taper. I have a feeling that you may be going a little too fast. Follow Robert's instructions - he will get you stable and feeling better as you continue the taper. Hang in there...
    Thx man I apprec the words, xoxo

Crystal go to "need to talk"" start a thread asking for Robert325 to help you I think he is online now dog
    Sorry I'm on my cell acceccing this where do I find need to talk under?

click on community at top of page the forum discussion boards scroll down to need to talk click there new thread will be at the bottom of that page dog

click on community at top of page the forum discussion boards scroll down to need to talk click there new thread will be at the bottom of that page dog
    Thx for help finding it, no response back. I guess since I've made it two days I'll try again for the third n c if he finds me soon for some advice going forward. I prob did taper down super fast from 24-6 in actually 2 months but now I'm feeling it n wonder if I should start slowing down. Btw because of my other health issues I feel I'm super sensitive to detox which doesn't help. Sigh, looking forward for some success stories n advice from Robert. God bless to u all have a good night

Anonymous Guest

its obvious you only want to hear from robert. thats all good. you had a ton of support from others here too, but sometimes people 'need to hear from robert.' if you look around on all of your threads you have advice, taper plans and the whole deal needed to succeed. but hey if it takes hearing from robert. good on ya...

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    its obvious you only want to hear from robert. thats all good. you had a ton of support from others here too, but sometimes people 'need to hear from robert.' if you look around on all of your threads you have advice, taper plans and the whole deal needed to succeed. but hey if it takes hearing from robert. good on ya...
    No I love hearing from others n I'm not just interested in his expertise. I guess I'd like to hear others' stories n how they got thru it. I've been posting on this thread too since I've gotten more feedback under need to talk:
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...ack-61808.html

Like I said I'm just here for some moral support during my own unique experience n can use everyone's help, not just Roberts. N by any way I don't mean to come across like his opinion only matters, I really do appreciate all the kind wOrds of encouragement n help. I'll never turn away someone's help during this tough time in my life. Xoxo
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 06-04-2012 at 01:53 AM.