Robert_325, Suboxone Day 26,taper Guidance please!!!
    John78 is offline New Member

Default Robert_325, Suboxone Day 26,taper Guidance please!!!

Hello all!!!
    I wanted to start my first thread by saying I admire everyone on here who spends their valuable time helping people in need. I am on my 26 day off suboxone and have tapered fairly well until yesterday. Unfortunantly,I did not stumble upon this site until about 5 days in to my induction.I started out on 12 mgs(strips) days 1-4 and Thank God,I ran across Roberts taper plan and i gradually decreased down to 1mg.I had been at the 1 mg mark for about 5 days taking .5 at around 10am and .5 around 5pm.I then started to dose only in the morning at 1mg and did that through this past weekend,It was really hard for me to only take the sub in the morning even though I knew it was all I needed.I really started feeling very tired by 6pm and needed to just go to bed.I roughed it out and by Monday I felt pretty good so I decided to jump down yesterday to .75.Last night was horrible!!!I woke up about every 30 minutes and could not get comfortable so at about 4am I decided to take a rescue sliver about (.25)It seemed to help but this morning I have had diarrhea and sweats and I am at work.I took .5 today and hoping that I can just take another .25 tonight if I have too and get through it because I don't want to go back up the dosage ladder.My goal after reading all the inspirational posts on here was to be off in 1 month and I am so close!!Any help would be welcomed and I thank god I have somewhere to turn where I am understood.God Bless!!!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Default Need Help With Subs

I'm not anywhere near an expert in subs. The lower doses are the hard part from what I've read of other people's stories. Perhaps you should have stayed on the 1, not just one day, but a few more, until you were sure you were stable and then cut to the .75. I know that some people do dose twice a day. How did you do with the .5 and then the .25? I'm not sure that that's protocol, someone should know. But I do know that if you went to .75, which is the 25% cut that's recommended after you stabilize on 1 mg., you should stay at that. I'm saying that because you said that you took .5 this morning and that you would take .25 tonight if you needed to. I don't think you should cut to .5. If you took .5 this morning you need to take the other .25. You need to stay at your .75, at least. I'm really writing this to put you back at the top of the list here and hoping someone will get to your post to help you get through the lower doses. Good luck! Robert or someone who has had this experience should be along to help you. Bless you, and I hope you get over this "bump" in your road.

Iloerose

Hi, thanks for the support.I was actually on 1 mg for about 7 days.I started with .5 twice a day for five days and then 1mg in the morning(only one dose a day)for two days.I had a hard time with the only once a day dosing but I need to get myself ready for the day where I wake up and do not depend on anything,so dosing twice a day is the kind of behavior that got me here in the first place.I only took .5 this morning because I took a .25 dose at 4 in the morning and surprisingly,I feel o.k..I am going to stick at .75 for a few days and hopefully get down next week.I really had a goal of only one month on the subs but this isn't a race and I want to do this right.Long day of work in the morning and god willing,I get some sleep.I post when I get time tomorrow.Thanks again for the encouragement!!

SuzieOf is offline Member

hi John.. I too am tapering and also had a hard time at night when I switched to once a day... was at .50mg. After a week it didn't get better for me and I was up every hour on the hour so I am now taking .25 at night before I go to bed and .25 in the morning. I was finally able to get a good night's sleep. Good luck to you, sounds like you are doing everything right. Just listen to what your body tells you and don't decrease until you are stable at the amount you are on as the w/d's will follow you if you are not stable.

Well I made it through to the weekend and I am having a tough time at the moment.I was pretty good all the way from 12mg to 1 mg through my taper,but now I am feeling pretty horrible today.I have no energy and my stomach is in knots.I cannot sleep more than a couple hours.Could it be possible to feel some paws at a dose of .75 sub??I am drinking water and trying to stay positive but I have way to a busy life to lay in bed all day.I have kids and they are bouncing off the walls wanting daddy on his "day off" to go do stuff with them,but I am tired and weak.I am praying I can last it out and on monday continue my quest to freedom.

P.S. Does anyone have a better way to cut sub strips other than a big clunky pair of kitchen scissors.I also tried with a razor blade this morning but that didn't work as good as I thought it would.I think that could be part of my problem as maybe I am not getting a correct dose.Any input appreciated

Anonymous Guest

go to cvs or somewhere and buy some TINY scissors... also, i found when i was at .5mg or lower, (for me) it was easier to dose at night, so i got a good nights sleep. and then at work during the day i was too busy to worry about being tired or in wd... sometimes this is mind over matter. and for me as long as i got a good nights sleep, the rest fell into place...

stick to .75mg, try and get to one dose a day... dont drop your dose till you are stable....
    a few more days or couple of extra weeks is not going to matter as long as you get clean...

yeh get those scissors tho, thats your first priority, that way you know you are getting the correct dose...
    keep it up. you are nearly there, it is sooo worth it to be free.

jeffrey123 is offline Junior Member

If you are using 8 mg strips a pair of tweezers to hold the strip helps. I was lucky enough to have two 2 mg strips I saved till the end.