Robert_325, Starting Sub Taper...Help/Support?
    almost_there212 is offline New Member

Exclamation Robert_325, Starting Sub Taper...Help/Support?

I am new to this site, but was given the link to your tapering formula. I would like to start it, but would like to see if you'd help along the way? Currently I am on 2-3mg of Suboxen/day. I usually take my dose when I wake up, and it last throughout the day, I do not dose again at night time.
    So, if I begin tomorrow....I'll take my 2 mg dose for 4 days straight. As long as I have no w/d, then I would decrease that by 25%? Which wold be a dose of 1.5mg...stay on that dose for 4 days? and continue...?
    My other question is, how can I be sure of exactly what dose I am getting? Right now I break my subs in 4ths, but some of the quarters are smaller/bigger....how do you remedy that problem?

Thanks in advance for ay advice/support you can offer! I heard your the one to come to with this stuff!

why am i not gettin any responses? any support and advice is needed/appreciated

amac68 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by almost_there212 View Post
    why am i not gettin any responses? any support and advice is needed/appreciated
    Hi there, I am on my fourth day and I hope someone like Robert or cheeky will respond soon to your posts. But I don't mind helping in any way I can. Most likely that will be support and encouragement!! I am not for sure about the taper thing, meaning I too just started Robert's plan and I think I do not have the experience or knowledge to help with taper.

Not saying I won't give it a try if you would like. I'm going to post this real quick just so you know that I am here, come on here like 40 times a day and feel like I am always talking to myself, well 90% of the time!! LOL

amac

amac68 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by almost_there212 View Post
    I am new to this site, but was given the link to your tapering formula. I would like to start it, but would like to see if you'd help along the way? Currently I am on 2-3mg of Suboxen/day. I usually take my dose when I wake up, and it last throughout the day, I do not dose again at night time.
    So, if I begin tomorrow....I'll take my 2 mg dose for 4 days straight. As long as I have no w/d, then I would decrease that by 25%? Which wold be a dose of 1.5mg...stay on that dose for 4 days? and continue...?
    My other question is, how can I be sure of exactly what dose I am getting? Right now I break my subs in 4ths, but some of the quarters are smaller/bigger....how do you remedy that problem?

Thanks in advance for ay advice/support you can offer! I heard your the one to come to with this stuff!

I got my husband to use a razor blade and I guess he can cut pretty straight! Because I can't even draw a straight line or cut straight with scissors!

But yes you have the genral idea right. Reduce every 4 days as long as you are stable. I was reading on Suzie's thread about how she crushes the whole pill and makes the piles that way. Sounds like a great way except I can't leave mine on a glass/plate with kiddos in the house so I am thinking of crushing them but putting those 4 days of doses into wax paper, kind of like bc powder.

Anyways hope you are doing well and I am here, even if it's to talk/listen.

Thanks,

amac

Quote Originally Posted by amac68 View Post
    I got my husband to use a razor blade and I guess he can cut pretty straight! Because I can't even draw a straight line or cut straight with scissors!

But yes you have the genral idea right. Reduce every 4 days as long as you are stable. I was reading on Suzie's thread about how she crushes the whole pill and makes the piles that way. Sounds like a great way except I can't leave mine on a glass/plate with kiddos in the house so I am thinking of crushing them but putting those 4 days of doses into wax paper, kind of like bc powder.

Anyways hope you are doing well and I am here, even if it's to talk/listen.

Thanks,

amac
    Yeah, Robert gave my the same advice of crushing them, and seperating...but I can't leave powder lying around my house, I have three children 5 and younger! But I will figure it out as I go along...I ended up taking another 2 mg dose this afternoon, so tomorrow I am going to try to go to 3mg, but splitting it up once in the AM, once in the PM. I've ended up speaking a little with Robert. How'd your induction go if you don't mind me asking? What have you been on/for how long prior to getting on the program? Sorry If I am too nosy, just happy to have someone to talk to and we can support each other. What dose are you on right now?