Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By inri
Robert_325...Need your help...
    inri is offline New Member

Default Robert_325...Need your help...

Robert,

This is going to be very hard for me to write, but I need help getting off subutex. I have never talked about this with anyone, besides my doctor, who I am convinced could care less. I honestly have no idea what to expect, or how to do this. I do know I feel like I have lost myself, and more importantly, I feel like I have lost any relationship I had with God. This hurts me the most, because its like I could feel Him there before all this started, and now it's just like nothing, like He is gone. Which I can totally understand why He would be.

I went on this stuff for an opiod dependence that started after I had two knee surgeries. I was on suboxone for about a year and a half, and have been on subutex now for about six months now. Since December, my subutex dosage has been between 2 and 4 milligrams a day. I am sure there has been a day or two I have gone over that , but literally probably only one or two times. I have read your thread regarding the taper, but am unsure where to start, or what to expect in terms of withdrawals.

So, you see, I have been on this ???? for two years. Whats worse is, my doctor likes to tell me that I need to stay on the stuff, which I know is wrong. I had a bad feeling about the guy from day one, so I should have known better. That being said, none of this is his fault, it is all mine, and I have to change it.

I need your help, which is really hard for me to say. I'm 31, and my whole life I've been able to overcome anything. Except this. This feels totally impossible. I have a wonderful wife, who deserves better than this. I have a son who will turn one this month, and he deserves a good, strong father. Neither of which I am at the moment. On top of that, I just graduated from the Police Academy, and I don't feel like its even close to responsible of me to even apply for any departments while I am taking this stuff.

I've got to fix this...thanks for your help...

INRI

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by inri View Post
    Robert,

This is going to be very hard for me to write, but I need help getting off subutex. I have never talked about this with anyone, besides my doctor, who I am convinced could care less. I honestly have no idea what to expect, or how to do this. I do know I feel like I have lost myself, and more importantly, I feel like I have lost any relationship I had with God. This hurts me the most, because its like I could feel Him there before all this started, and now it's just like nothing, like He is gone. Which I can totally understand why He would be.

I went on this stuff for an opiod dependence that started after I had two knee surgeries. I was on suboxone for about a year and a half, and have been on subutex now for about six months now. Since December, my subutex dosage has been between 2 and 4 milligrams a day. I am sure there has been a day or two I have gone over that , but literally probably only one or two times. I have read your thread regarding the taper, but am unsure where to start, or what to expect in terms of withdrawals.

So, you see, I have been on this ???? for two years. Whats worse is, my doctor likes to tell me that I need to stay on the stuff, which I know is wrong. I had a bad feeling about the guy from day one, so I should have known better. That being said, none of this is his fault, it is all mine, and I have to change it.

I need your help, which is really hard for me to say. I'm 31, and my whole life I've been able to overcome anything. Except this. This feels totally impossible. I have a wonderful wife, who deserves better than this. I have a son who will turn one this month, and he deserves a good, strong father. Neither of which I am at the moment. On top of that, I just graduated from the Police Academy, and I don't feel like its even close to responsible of me to even apply for any departments while I am taking this stuff.

I've got to fix this...thanks for your help...

INRI

I'll be happy to help you. First off, you can't be jumping around from one dose to another. You're not taking an extremely high dose, so let's pick a dose where you know that you're stable at. Stay at that dose for a few days, and tell me what dose works for you. If it's 4mg then it is what it is.

Stay in touch with me and I'll help you taper down after you are totally stable and not changing doses from day to day. You can't do that. Here is a link to how I do this taper. Read it and let me know where you are stable. Then we'll move forward when you're ready. I know how to do this. In a couple months or thereabouts we'll have you totally clean. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I'll be happy to help you. First off, you can't be jumping around from one dose to another. You're not taking an extremely high dose, so let's pick a dose where you know that you're stable at. Stay at that dose for a few days, and tell me what dose works for you. If it's 4mg then it is what it is.

Stay in touch with me and I'll help you taper down after you are totally stable and not changing doses from day to day. You can't do that. Here is a link to how I do this taper. Read it and let me know where you are stable. Then we'll move forward when you're ready. I know how to do this. In a couple months or thereabouts we'll have you totally clean. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Good deal! Thank you so much for your response! I took 2 milligrams this morning, so I think I will try it at 2 for the next 3 days! I will let you know how I'm feeling at that point. I am accustomed to only taking one dose per day in the morning, is that ok?

Thanks again! This is starting to feel slightly possible! I will do my best, I promise you! Should I contact you via this thread with my results later this week?

Good deal! Thank you so much for your response! I took 2 milligrams this morning, so I think I will try it at 2 for the next 3 days! I will let you know how I'm feeling at that point. I am accustomed to only taking one dose per day in the morning, is that ok?

Thanks again! This is starting to feel slightly possible! I will do my best, I promise you! Should I contact you via this thread with my results later this week?

Taking it once a day is fine if that is what you're accustomed to. I have subscribed to this thread so I'll see every time you post. I'm on and off the forum daily, so if I don't reply for a couple hours don't worry, I'll be back. Stay in touch, let me know if you have any problems at 2mg. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

yes its ok to dose once a day. plenty of us have had to. and it still works...
    good luck.

i was on subs for a year and 3 months, and im clean now over a year...

stick with the taper and its do able. i didnt even take time off work....

good luck

Thanks cheeky! Congrats on sobriety, my friend!

-Robert, I will update Friday or Saturday on where I'm at!

You have all my gratitude!

INRI
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert -

Ok, here it is Friday afternoon, my fourth day at 2 mg a day! I have to say, I feel pretty good! There's little to no withdrawal symptoms at all. The only thing I've noticed is I had a little trouble sleeping last night. Nothing major at all, though!

So, where do we go from here?

INRI

Robert -

Ok, here it is Friday afternoon, my fourth day at 2 mg a day! I have to say, I feel pretty good! There's little to no withdrawal symptoms at all. The only thing I've noticed is I had a little trouble sleeping last night. Nothing major at all, though!

So, where do we go from here?

INRI

Tomorrow drop your dose to 1.5mg which is a 25% reduction. That is the key, sticking to that 25% reduction every four days or so depending how you feel. Keep me posted over the weekend. Other than church on Sunday I'll be on and off the forum all weekend. God bless.

Ok, things are a little rough today! I suppose that's normal though. Hope you had a good Easter, Robert!

Ok, things are a little rough today! I suppose that's normal though. Hope you had a good Easter, Robert!

Subs have a half life of up to about 72hours, so that is understandable. The half life is catching up with itself. Let's give it a day or so to get you smoothed out before we do anything else. You didn't get in this place overnight, if it takes a little time it's okay, you will only have to do this once if we do it properly.

I had a great Easter, thanks for asking! It's a huge day for me! Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.