Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
Robert_325- I need help on sub Induction Please!
    Icculus83 is offline New Member

Exclamation Robert_325- I need help on sub Induction Please!

Hello Robert325 and others.... I want to jump back on suboxone but I am kind of weary to for one reason: precipitated withdrawals... I've been using a significant amount dope (several bundles daily as of recent) and the last 2-3 times I have tried to induce subs on my own, I have thrown myself into withdrawal and it was totally excruciating to say the least, as many of you well know....

First time I did subs too early was b/c of methadone...learned my lesson quick on that one... But the last two times I've tried to induce the subs, I was only using dope. Both times when I took my first dose of sub, I was experiencing a decent amount of withdrawal- enough to where I thought I could take it and not go into PW's. I've been a user for years, was once clean for almost 2 years, one of those years being on suboxone, the other clean from everything after tapering from subs... After reading many posts on this site from Robert325 and others, subs seem to work best being used for the shortest amount of time possible, and tapering quickly, as to not gain a dependency on subs as well- makes perfect sense to me. But as I said earlier, i am literally scared to induce subs again because of the last couple of times I've induced and what's happened to me. It was so bad I ran out and blew all my money to get dope to feel better and bring myself out of the PW's...which kind of worked but not fully. I'm sick of using now and it's only getting worse and I want to get back to where I used to be and not be dependent on any drugs at all- it's the best feeling ever

SO, Robert325 - if you could help me induce I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to induce tomorrow, as I've used today....but not if it's too early, of course. I am familiar with the COWS test, and I did not use it the times that I was thrown into PW's. Should I just follow the COWS test to a tee for my induction? Also, after reading your induction scenario several times robert325, I sill don't understand it fully for some reason- the dosing amounts are a little confusing to me in the induction stage.

I've read a lot of your posts, and it seems as if you've had great success in inducing ppl on subs and I would GREATLY appreciate any help that you're willing to provide me during this tough time I'm having with induction. I just want to stop using dope and start the subs and do a quick taper and be done with it with experiencing as little discomfort as possible.

Let me know if you can help- Thanks and God bless

Also, I am welcome to any and all advice that anyone would think that could help me out

Thanks

I should have also mentioned that I am interested in doing the quickest taper possible...like a week or so. Years ago, I went into inpatient rehab and they did a three day taper for most people there...I believe it was six mg first day, four mg second, then two mg on the third day....I experienced a little discomfort for a couple days after of course, but it really wasn't too bad. I have a total of six 8 mg tabs of sub and would like to use those and be done with them...I don't want to go back to the doc to get more because they are ridiculously expensive...

Any methods are welcome in your replies....I'm just trying to get some good advice!
    Last edited by Icculus83; 05-02-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Icculus83 View Post
    Hello Robert325 and others.... I want to jump back on suboxone but I am kind of weary to for one reason: precipitated withdrawals... I've been using a significant amount dope (several bundles daily as of recent) and the last 2-3 times I have tried to induce subs on my own, I have thrown myself into withdrawal and it was totally excruciating to say the least, as many of you well know....

First time I did subs too early was b/c of methadone...learned my lesson quick on that one... But the last two times I've tried to induce the subs, I was only using dope. Both times when I took my first dose of sub, I was experiencing a decent amount of withdrawal- enough to where I thought I could take it and not go into PW's. I've been a user for years, was once clean for almost 2 years, one of those years being on suboxone, the other clean from everything after tapering from subs... After reading many posts on this site from Robert325 and others, subs seem to work best being used for the shortest amount of time possible, and tapering quickly, as to not gain a dependency on subs as well- makes perfect sense to me. But as I said earlier, i am literally scared to induce subs again because of the last couple of times I've induced and what's happened to me. It was so bad I ran out and blew all my money to get dope to feel better and bring myself out of the PW's...which kind of worked but not fully. I'm sick of using now and it's only getting worse and I want to get back to where I used to be and not be dependent on any drugs at all- it's the best feeling ever

SO, Robert325 - if you could help me induce I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to induce tomorrow, as I've used today....but not if it's too early, of course. I am familiar with the COWS test, and I did not use it the times that I was thrown into PW's. Should I just follow the COWS test to a tee for my induction? Also, after reading your induction scenario several times robert325, I sill don't understand it fully for some reason- the dosing amounts are a little confusing to me in the induction stage.

I've read a lot of your posts, and it seems as if you've had great success in inducing ppl on subs and I would GREATLY appreciate any help that you're willing to provide me during this tough time I'm having with induction. I just want to stop using dope and start the subs and do a quick taper and be done with it with experiencing as little discomfort as possible.

Let me know if you can help- Thanks and God bless

I'll be happy to help you. If you use the COWS worksheet it's the only totally foolproof method to do a sub induction. It's very easy to cut ourselves slack when we are suffering in w/d so it may be a good idea to have an extra person with you when we do the induction who can score you and be objective about it and not cut you too much slack. You need to be sick as a dog when you reach a 26 score. If you've been through the precip w/d then you know that you don't want that to happen again. Get someone to sit this out with us that you trust and I'll do it with you. Promise we'll get it right. I NEVER blow an induction. God bless.
    Icculus83 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.