Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By SuzieOf
  • 1 Post By Gracie2012
Robert & Melinda please?
  1. #1
    Gracie2012 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Robert & Melinda please?

    Dear Robert & Melinda,

    New to this forum and have read some of your very wise posts. Am on day 3 of the horrific w/d off of Subutex & Suboxone.

    I just got out of rehab on 4/2/12 (I think) to get off opiates (60mg/Oxycontin/day & about 250mg/Percocet/day) which I have taken for many years for severe back pain issues. As my tolerance to these meds increased the doses got higher and higher until finally they stopped working no matter how much I took.

    I was put in rehab to get off the opiates... the rehab put me on Subutex for 11 days and tapered daily from 24mg/day down to 4mg/day... my insurance ran out and I sent directly to my regular Kaiser doctor that same day, who game me 2-1/2 more 2mg. tablets (one more for that evening, one 2mg tab for the next day and 1/2-1mg for the 3rd day), but this time they game me Suboxone to finish the taper.

    The rehab place that I was in was reducing the Subutex by 2mg/day.

    As I mentioned above, my doc, switched me to Suboxone for the last 2.5 days and I took my last 1mg dose on 4/3/12 and 2 days later the withdrawal started... it is hell! Legs aching to the bone, anxiety through the roof, and now restless leg and arm syndrome when I am trying to sleep, weepy eyes, you know the usual opiate withdrawal nightmares. The rehab said I would not have any withdrawal problems at all when they let me go because they tapered me... what a joke... how long does this withdrawal from the Subutex/Suboxone go on?

    I hope to hear from you as I am at my wit's end.

    Thank you and take good care, Gracie

    P.S. Too bad the drug they use to get you off the drug you were using has a worse w/d than the original one??? Does that make sense to anyone? I think not.
    P.S.S. Sorry this post is so long.

    http://www.drugs.com/answers/robert-...ne-541857.html

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie2012 View Post
    Dear Robert & Melinda,

    New to this forum and have read some of your very wise posts. Am on day 3 of the horrific w/d off of Subutex & Suboxone.

    I just got out of rehab on 4/2/12 (I think) to get off opiates (60mg/Oxycontin/day & about 250mg/Percocet/day) which I have taken for many years for severe back pain issues. As my tolerance to these meds increased the doses got higher and higher until finally they stopped working no matter how much I took.

    I was put in rehab to get off the opiates... the rehab put me on Subutex for 11 days and tapered daily from 24mg/day down to 4mg/day... my insurance ran out and I sent directly to my regular Kaiser doctor that same day, who game me 2-1/2 more 2mg. tablets (one more for that evening, one 2mg tab for the next day and 1/2-1mg for the 3rd day), but this time they game me Suboxone to finish the taper.

    The rehab place that I was in was reducing the Subutex by 2mg/day.

    As I mentioned above, my doc, switched me to Suboxone for the last 2.5 days and I took my last 1mg dose on 4/3/12 and 2 days later the withdrawal started... it is hell! Legs aching to the bone, anxiety through the roof, and now restless leg and arm syndrome when I am trying to sleep, weepy eyes, you know the usual opiate withdrawal nightmares. The rehab said I would not have any withdrawal problems at all when they let me go because they tapered me... what a joke... how long does this withdrawal from the Subutex/Suboxone go on?

    I hope to hear from you as I am at my wit's end.

    Thank you and take good care, Gracie

    P.S. Too bad the drug they use to get you off the drug you were using has a worse w/d than the original one??? Does that make sense to anyone? I think not.
    P.S.S. Sorry this post is so long.

    http://www.drugs.com/answers/robert-...ne-541857.html




    They tapered you TOO quickly especially off such a high dose. Can you obtain any more subs? If you can that would be ideal. If you can't then you should follow up with the Thomas Recipe. Here is a link just in case. God bless.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

    This is the way subs should be used. I've done it this way here on the forum for years.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 04-09-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #3
    thu062012 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi

    I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

    Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

  4. #4
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thu062012 View Post
    Hi

    I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

    Pls use search box to find this questions with comments




    I can handle this just fine thank you.
    Gracie2012 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  5. #5
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Wow, Gracie I feel so bad for you honey. I can't believe that a place that specializes knows so little what they are doing. I hope you can get some more subs and let Robert show you how to taper the correct way. If you have not been on subs a long time like you then it can be done with much less pain and it makes me so mad that a rehab place does not know that they are playing with people's lives and playing with fire. I wish you all the best and know that you are in my prayers.
    Gracie2012 likes this.

  6. #6
    Gracie2012 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    They tapered you TOO quickly especially off such a high dose. Can you obtain any more subs? If you can that would be ideal. If you can't then you should follow up with the Thomas Recipe. Here is a link just in case. God bless.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html

    This is the way subs should be used. I've done it this way here on the forum for years.

    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Dear Robert, thank you so much for your reply... I am resisting getting more subs because I am afraid I will have to go through this again (w/d)... I'm on day 4 of w/d, do you think it w/end soon or should I do as you said and do it the way your link said to do it???

    I am printing out the two links you created and shared with me and I am so grateful.

    Thank you again and God Bless You, Gracie
    gunnawin likes this.

  7. #7
    gunnawin is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Gracie......I feel for ya too!!! I jumped off at 1mg. But, I also had taken subs for two years. I'm not sure but I do believe that makes a difference. Well, the only reason I'm replying is because like u I felt bad at first but didn't know about the taper Robert_325 recommends. I suggest u deff listen to Robert. He knows alot. I'm at 16 days. I feel bad some still but I couldn't afford to go back and do the taper. I can tell ya.......Even though I have bad days still. They are way milder than b4. At first, I thought I would never feel better. Reading these success stories on this website has really gotten me through the worst. Even though I know it's just a waiting game now, I still am drawn back here every single morning. Good luck to ya and EVERYONE!!!!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-09-2012 at 11:32 AM.

  8. #8
    london2012 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    hello robert, i am after some help from overseas if you would be so kind,
    many thanks

  9. #9
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london2012 View Post
    hello robert, i am after some help from overseas if you would be so kind,
    many thanks



    I posted to you on the other thread. Try to keep all your posts to me on one thread so I can see them more easily. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22