Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 96
Like Tree38Likes
Robert, looking for input from you and anyone else
  1. #1
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default Robert, looking for input from you and anyone else

    I am new here and posted this in the wrong place so I'm putting it here too. Sorry, just trying to figure out how to navigate at this site.

    I am going into day 5 without suboxone. I started taking it 3 years ago to help with pain pill withdrawal. The sub dr. I went to was like a drug dealer. Each appt. lasted 10 min. and he didn't care about me at all. He does nothing else but write prescriptions for suboxone in a small non medical office and wants all his patients to be on it for life. He even wanted us to start using Skype instead of coming to his office. He is only in it for the money. I started on half of a pill, so 4mg. but the very next day I took myself down to 2mg. and it was actually better. I took 2mg. every 12 hours. After 2 years I quit going to the doctor because I really started resenting him... oh, I forgot to mention that I didn't tell the doctor that I wasn't taking 4mg.'s so when I stopped going to him I still had enough medication for another year.

    I never meant to take it for so long but the reason that I kept taking the suboxone was because I have Crohn's disease and I found that it really helped with the symptoms more than any medication I have ever taken before, especially the chronic diarrhea but also the cramps and pain from the Crohn's. I decided to take myself off suboxone just to see how my body is doing without any drugs. I have read on the internet that there are withdrawals so I slowly tapered down to just a crumb. btw, I only today found out about the strips. Mine is the crumbly orange pill.

    I have been reading on this site today and noticed people mentioning side effects and that is my question. What are the side effects? Because I did not notice any except that if I missed a dose I started to feel tired and a little achy. The reason I ask is because I loved the way this drug helped with the Crohn's and I was thinking that I might get back on it sometime in the future just for that reason. All the medication for Crohn's has horrible side effects including depressing your immune system all the way to death. I'm curios what side affects others experienced. For me, it helped me to sleep deeply.. maybe too deeply because I did notice from day one that my body hardly moved during the night and since I stopped 5 days ago I have barely slept at all. During the day it gave me energy. I never took more than a 1/4 pill twice a day. Is Suboxone ever prescribed by doctors for pain management?

    On day 3 my body ached so badly that I had to take a pain pill which worked very well. I figure if I have to take a pain pill now and then to help with the withdrawal it should be ok because it takes more than a little bit to get addicted. I hope I'm not just fooling myself but I want to get through this and see what it's like to not be on any kind of meds. I've taken strong opiates for a week before when I had a Crohn's attack and was hospitalized and it was not a problem to stop. That is what I hope will happen now too.

    I honestly don't think I am an addict. Even though I have been addicted to drugs at times in my life (I am 62) once I get off I am never tempted to go through the hell again. I was never in it to get high but too take away the pain. That's what I liked about Suboxone was that it didn't get you high but just took care of the pain. I tapered for 2 months and during that time I got a couple different pain pills to help me through the w/d's when I jumped off. I have no desire to get hooked on pain pills or anything else for that matter.

    I have read Robert's formula for getting off Sub but I only found this forum today and I'm already on day 5 without it. Sleeping has been hell but as soon as I get up my legs feel better so I have to conclude it is about circulation. Is this right? Before I came here I thought I would be over it in a week... after reading here I see that was just wishful thinking, lol Have to admit I am nervous and I have to be careful not to take too much opiates or it will be a vicious circle, ugh!

    I would appreciate any input and advice. How long before my body feels better? This forum is very friendly and supportive and I'm lucky to have found it.

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Some pain drs use subutex for moderate chronic pain, it's been around in other countries for a LONG time as a generic buprenorphine. The leg thing is more likely w/d than circulation. As long as you used subs RLS is not uncommon which can keep you from getting comfortable in bed trying to rest. Considering the amount of time you used subs, even in a somewhat low dose, you could expect to feel w/d symptoms of some kind for a month or two honestly. I don't recommend taking pain pills for relief from w/d symptoms for someone who had a dependency to pain pills to begin with. Doesn't sound like you're abusing them but it's a slippery slope what you're doing. Keep us posted. God bless.
    SuzieOf likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #3
    dsac6060 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    My friend quit two months ago and used one pain pill on day 6 to help and after that he said it was cake. Is this possible Robert. I mean it was an opiate so would it respark those receptors n bring back some WD? I think he quit CT from oxy blues and day 6 took a 30 to help. Then he states that he was fine
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

  4. #4
    dago77 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    702

    Default

    I have done that many times. The problem is you never really get better until you eliminate all the opiates and get them out of your system. Taking a Vic here and there definitely takes the edge off and you get alittle break. All you really accomplish is sticking another opiate to your receptors. When it wears off your right back into wd. Not back to square one but it's like a 4-6 hour time out almost. You end up dragging things out even farther. Actually doing that used to end up driving me nuts. I would start to think I'm feeling better, how could one pill break through the sub I had built up. That little vic isnt making me feel like this. Then it would pop back in and tell me...yeah right buddy! In and out of detox is all your doing.

    I know you had a long run with the subs and its hard. it's easy for me to say this now that I feel well, I know. I just know how that goes because I've been there so many times, doing that. There really isnt any trick you can do besides excersise and time. The fastest way to feeling better is to leave all opiates alone. You have to get those receptors clean then you will start coming out of it. It takes alittle time but it happens.

    You did a good job tapering down on your own. You can handle this!

    Ryan
    SuzieOf likes this.

  5. #5
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    I used to take a BIG dose of whatever I was trying to taper off at the time for a break once in a while and it ended up costing me being a space cadet for 35 years. That's just me, my DOC was more! I am not a good example. Some people can do that, take a pill and pull it off, I couldn't. It was either get it on full blast or nothing for me. That's how I try to advise others so they don't relapse like I did so many times. God bless.
    dsac6060 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  6. #6
    dsac6060 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Oh ok I was if what he did makes sense that's all. I just know he took it day 6 ct from blues and then was fine for the rest till this day he was prob doing 4 blues a day for about a yr
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

  7. #7
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Thank you guys for your responses. Since I wrote the above post I have learned so much by reading here. Especially the long thread where Elyse comes to the board on the second day after her doctor gave her way too much Sub and told her she had to take it for a year. It's so amazing how little doctors know about this drug. After spending the day yesterday reading Robert's advice to Elyse and how she got off of sub so successfully I've come to realize that if I take opiates I am just prolonging getting to where I want to be which is opiate free.

    Today I woke up feeling terrible just like all the other days but instead of taking a vicodin I started slowly working out and felt so much better... when I sit down the aches come back so today I am going for a long walk instead of taking any drugs. That Elyes thread was so inspiring it has changed my life already because I know I can get to where I feel good if I stick it out and concentrate on what my body is saying instead of numbing it and trying to take short cuts, lol. I've also noticed that a hot bath will make my body feel as good as a vicodin!! which is so great!! excersize and hot baths!! It's great to have tools and not feel like a victim. Thanks again for the input and am so grateful for the good info. on this site. Suzie

  8. #8
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    Thank you guys for your responses. Since I wrote the above post I have learned so much by reading here. Especially the long thread where Elyse comes to the board on the second day after her doctor gave her way too much Sub and told her she had to take it for a year. It's so amazing how little doctors know about this drug. After spending the day yesterday reading Robert's advice to Elyse and how she got off of sub so successfully I've come to realize that if I take opiates I am just prolonging getting to where I want to be which is opiate free.

    Today I woke up feeling terrible just like all the other days but instead of taking a vicodin I started slowly working out and felt so much better... when I sit down the aches come back so today I am going for a long walk instead of taking any drugs. That Elyes thread was so inspiring it has changed my life already because I know I can get to where I feel good if I stick it out and concentrate on what my body is saying instead of numbing it and trying to take short cuts, lol. I've also noticed that a hot bath will make my body feel as good as a vicodin!! which is so great!! excersize and hot baths!! It's great to have tools and not feel like a victim. Thanks again for the input and am so grateful for the good info. on this site. Suzie



    Suzie .. this is why we do all this on a forum and don't usually work via email, facebook, etc. Only do that in extreme circumstances. Glad you read Elyse's thread. She did EVERYTHING I asked her to do, exactly as I said. It's amazing what results are produced when people do the right thing and do it properly. Elyse has inspired lots of people here! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  9. #9
    micronurse is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    26

    Smile Encouraged too Suzie by Elyse and Roberts advice!

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    Thank you guys for your responses. Since I wrote the above post I have learned so much by reading here. Especially the long thread where Elyse comes to the board on the second day after her doctor gave her way too much Sub and told her she had to take it for a year. It's so amazing how little doctors know about this drug. After spending the day yesterday reading Robert's advice to Elyse and how she got off of sub so successfully I've come to realize that if I take opiates I am just prolonging getting to where I want to be which is opiate free.

    Today I woke up feeling terrible just like all the other days but instead of taking a vicodin I started slowly working out and felt so much better... when I sit down the aches come back so today I am going for a long walk instead of taking any drugs. That Elyes thread was so inspiring it has changed my life already because I know I can get to where I feel good if I stick it out and concentrate on what my body is saying instead of numbing it and trying to take short cuts, lol. I've also noticed that a hot bath will make my body feel as good as a vicodin!! which is so great!! excersize and hot baths!! It's great to have tools and not feel like a victim. Thanks again for the input and am so grateful for the good info. on this site. Suzie
    Hi Suzie, I have a thread somewhere here about coming off ER Morphine 480 mg a day. I see a new doctor for the first time tomorrow who I am asking to help me get off it after my doctor who prescribed it was asked to leave his practice and left me enough scripts for just 3 months. Don;t know if that guy uses Subs or not and he has a few good review and more bad reviews so very nervous about tomorrow. However, I too was so inspired by reading about Elyse and have talked with Robert too. Good for what you are doing! Keep it up! I hope to be the one inspiring people some day that there is life after opiates!

  10. #10
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micronurse View Post
    Hi Suzie, I have a thread somewhere here about coming off ER Morphine 480 mg a day. I see a new doctor for the first time tomorrow who I am asking to help me get off it after my doctor who prescribed it was asked to leave his practice and left me enough scripts for just 3 months. Don;t know if that guy uses Subs or not and he has a few good review and more bad reviews so very nervous about tomorrow. However, I too was so inspired by reading about Elyse and have talked with Robert too. Good for what you are doing! Keep it up! I hope to be the one inspiring people some day that there is life after opiates!
    hi micornurse, wow, that's a lot of morphine.. I hate morphine so much! It feels like a big weight pushing me down and I have no energy and it makes me feel annoyed all the time. I had to take it for a short time and told the dr. I could not do it and that was only 15mg. Wish all pain pills made me feel that way, lol. Well good luck tomorrow and please come back and tell what happened. I will look for your thread now

  11. #11
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Last night was the hardest of all so far, I actually felt like I was dying. I thought I couldn't do it and it was scary. I took Ibuprofen and got in a hot bath and it was much better. I actually slept more than before so that was good. Today my body just feels so exhausted and it is so mentally draining to be suffering this long... mostly because it seems like it will never end and to be honest that is the scariest part of it, to feel like it will never end... but that is what is so great about coming here and reading posts by people who were in the same place as me not long ago and it did end and they are so happy now. Tomorrow is day 8 for me and I'm hoping I will turn a corner soon.

  12. #12
    dsac6060 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    It will end...thats the best part. Look forward to it but take it day by day. I drove myself nuts thinking about it, you have to stay busy and not think. Very key!
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

  13. #13
    Ashleyy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I wish I could help you and let you know how long the symptoms would last or give you advice.

    Others here definitely can and are ... you are truly doing AMAZING and I wish you the BEST.

    We are all here for you ... anytime!
    Ashley

  14. #14
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy View Post
    I wish I could help you and let you know how long the symptoms would last or give you advice.

    Others here definitely can and are ... you are truly doing AMAZING and I wish you the BEST.

    We are all here for you ... anytime!
    Thanks Ashley... I've been thinking of how happy I'll be when I wake up and all the aches are gone but mostly I can't wait to see how my life will be when there is no drug influencing me. Until I found this forum I thought it had no side effects but now I wonder if my being so unsocial could be a side effect. It's so easy with Suboxone to think you are clean. I didn't even know it was an opiate until I came to this site!!!

    When a drug doesn't get you high it's easy to think that it is no different than taking a vitamin, lol. The only other forum I've ever been to was not specifically about Subs but more about people wanting to come off all drugs mixed with a few drug seekers and on that forum those who took the Sub route claimed it was a magic pill and defended being on it for life passionately. If someone came along and talked badly about Subs everyone would immediately jump on them.

    Yesterday I took 4 hot baths.. the bath tub is my best friend right now.

  15. #15
    Ashleyy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Suzie You are not alone thinking that Suboxone isn't an opiate. You are right... the way it helps with withdraws, but does not get you high- makes most people feel as though they aren't on an opiate. However, is can be so helpful to get your life in order and avoid extreme withdraws that can keep you from even doing day-to-day tasks. I know you aren't feeling well right now and you have my love and sympathy. Before too long I will be here completely off my taper and jumping. I am happy you found this forum for support. This place is nothing short of amazing.

    Hang in there dear and keep us updated always.

    Also... Kellennn has told me that he would take very warm/hot bathes at night right before bed and it helped so much for the night time. It is worth a shot.
    Ashley

  16. #16
    ClassiqueMom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default

    hey suzie..
    read some of your posts over on charlestongirl's thread..

    didn't want to interrupt it.. but wanted to say you're doing
    an amazing job..

    since i happened to your post here, (and it's NOT on
    the Need To Talk portion.. i may not see your response)

    just wanted you to know that i wish you alllll the best
    in your road to victory!

    God Bless!
    Classique MoM

  17. #17
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    I don't think I can continue like this. It is day 9 of hell and all I can think about is ending it. Today I realized that while I thought I had jumped off at 1mg. I was taking it twice a day so it is actually 2mg's. I just can't take this pain anymore. Just realized that next week is Easter and I have been hiding from friends and family but can't continue much longer and what if I'm still feeling like this on Sunday? Grandma is dope sick? No, can't continue like this. On one hand I was proud of getting this far. I can't tell anymore what is rationalization and what is good sense. I found a bottle of 2mg.'s that I got specifically for tapering but it was two years ago and my memory has gotten so bad I forgot about it. I'm so mad at myself that I didn't taper better and all I could think of yesterday was cutting the 2mg. down to .50 and starting a taper from there using Robert's plan. I thought of nothing else... but a small voice kept saying just wait until tomorrow and see how it is, but now it is tomorrow and it is hell.

    Also, I'm starting to really feel the pain from my chronic condition which started me on pain pills in the beginning. I honestly feel I could live with that if only I could function and have energy to do things. In other words not be in withdrawal. Don't know what I'm going to do... hate to throw away 9 days but what if I'm suffering for nothing? What if I can taper painlessly? My body has been through enough and I'm officially a senior citizen. I don't need the pain to help with relapse because there is no relapse for me. I hate pain pills and I hate being high from them. So confused right now. Will try stretching exercises and hot bath. Would love input from Robert. Maybe I am suffering for no good reason. I have enough to do the taper properly and I long to be one of those who got through it without this hell.

  18. #18
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    I don't think I can continue like this. It is day 9 of hell and all I can think about is ending it. Today I realized that while I thought I had jumped off at 1mg. I was taking it twice a day so it is actually 2mg's. I just can't take this pain anymore. Just realized that next week is Easter and I have been hiding from friends and family but can't continue much longer and what if I'm still feeling like this on Sunday? Grandma is dope sick? No, can't continue like this. On one hand I was proud of getting this far. I can't tell anymore what is rationalization and what is good sense. I found a bottle of 2mg.'s that I got specifically for tapering but it was two years ago and my memory has gotten so bad I forgot about it. I'm so mad at myself that I didn't taper better and all I could think of yesterday was cutting the 2mg. down to .50 and starting a taper from there using Robert's plan. I thought of nothing else... but a small voice kept saying just wait until tomorrow and see how it is, but now it is tomorrow and it is hell.

    Also, I'm starting to really feel the pain from my chronic condition which started me on pain pills in the beginning. I honestly feel I could live with that if only I could function and have energy to do things. In other words not be in withdrawal. Don't know what I'm going to do... hate to throw away 9 days but what if I'm suffering for nothing? What if I can taper painlessly? My body has been through enough and I'm officially a senior citizen. I don't need the pain to help with relapse because there is no relapse for me. I hate pain pills and I hate being high from them. So confused right now. Will try stretching exercises and hot bath. Would love input from Robert. Maybe I am suffering for no good reason. I have enough to do the taper properly and I long to be one of those who got through it without this hell.



    Opiate dependence is painful in itself. If you don't dose every four to six hours you go into w/d. So in essence the pain meds make the pain worse after a period of time. I think you owe it to yourself to get clean, then reassess your pain when you are not dependent on RX opiates.

    Most people who do this find they actually feel better once they follow this process. There is nothing to be ashamed of if, in fact, you are a true chronic pain patient needing medication. But you should make that determination while not under the influence of narcotics. You CAN'T make an objective decision until you've gotten clean first. I promise that is the truth, I'm not playing games with you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  19. #19
    Ashleyy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Oh Suzie ... Bless your heart.

    Yes, I think Robert should be able to help you here. You were taking 2 mg, and that is a higher jump than the taper plan calls for, of course.

    I just want you to know my heart goes out to you through this pain and suffering. I know I did 5.5 days before I got inducted on Suboxone, but that is NOTHING compared to your 9 full days.

    ((hugs)) for you Suzie... You are in my prayers and I will pray that you make the right decision in this time of need.
    SuzieOf likes this.
    Ashley

  20. #20
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Opiate dependence is painful in itself. If you don't dose every four to six hours you go into w/d. So in essence the pain meds make the pain worse after a period of time. I think you owe it to yourself to get clean, then reassess your pain when you are not dependent on RX opiates.

    Most people who do this find they actually feel better once they follow this process. There is nothing to be ashamed of if, in fact, you are a true chronic pain patient needing medication. But you should make that determination while not under the influence of narcotics. You CAN'T make an objective decision until you've gotten clean first. I promise that is the truth, I'm not playing games with you. God bless.
    I'm sorry if I was not clear but my head is so fuzzy. I have already made the decision to never use pain pills again no matter what the chronic pain does or doesn't do. When I said I can't take this pain anymore I meant the withdrawals, not the chronic condition. That is very doable.. the w/d's are hell!! It is the realization that I did the taper so poorly and am now suffering for it that I question. I'd like to start the taper over and do it right this time. It was stupid to jump at 2mg. and I wonder if I'm not suffering for nothing. All I want is to get clean but just because I didn't know how to taper until I had already jumped.. does that mean I have to suffer for a couple of months maybe? Because there is no way I can take this for much longer. Would it be wrong to start over at .50mg? and then taper until I am completely clean? I see posts by people who tapered correctly and are not going through this. I want that to be me so badly!!
    Last edited by SuzieOf; 04-04-2012 at 02:38 PM.

  21. #21
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Then let's get you on a stable dose and taper off properly. This is about the rest of your life. What difference does it make if you made a mistake and it takes a little longer. There is NO reason to be miserable. Let's get to a small dose that you are stable at and move forward slowly. Doesn't that make sense?

    Don't pick .5mg. Let's take .25mg, wait for two hours and post back to me. That may be enough, but regardless I'll get you stable on the lowest effective dose. That is a guarantee. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 04-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  22. #22
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Then let's get you on a stable dose and taper off properly. This is about the rest of your life. What difference does it make if you made a mistake and it takes a little longer. There is NO reason to be miserable. Let's get to a small dose that you are stable at and move forward slowly. Doesn't that make sense?

    Don't pick .5mg. Let's take .25mg, wait for two hours and post back to me. That may be enough, but regardless I'll get you stable on the lowest effective dose. That is a guarantee. God bless.
    Thank you so much for your help Robert. A short time ago I took Ibuprofen 800mg. and a muscle relaxer and I need to wait until those wear off and the true w/d's are strongest. I have a hard time with the numbers so I'd like to double check with you. A 2mg. pill cut in half is 1mg. obviously and then the 1 cut in half is .50. At this point the pill is very small so I crush it and divide it into two equal piles to get the .25. Is this correct? Then transfer to a business card folded in half.

    Ashley honey, thank you for keeping an eye out for me and for your support xoxox

    I'm actually really proud of my self control for these 9 days and especially the last couple of days and even now I want to wait until I am truly in w/d. But when I realized I had jumped from 2mg. and therefor might have to deal with w/d's for weeks more it just seemed too much. I can't wait to be free of opiates. I thank God every day that I found this forum. I took Subs for 3 years and didn't even know it was an opiate until I came here. I already feel better knowing I have a plan and there is hope for the future
    Last edited by SuzieOf; 04-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.

  23. #23
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    Thank you so much for your help Robert. A short time ago I took Ibuprofen 800mg. and a muscle relaxer and I need to wait until those wear off and the true w/d's are strongest. I have a hard time with the numbers so I'd like to double check with you. A 2mg. pill cut in half is 1mg. obviously and then the 1 cut in half is .50. At this point the pill is very small so I crush it and divide it into two equal piles to get the .25. Is this correct? Then transfer to a business card folded in half.

    Ashley honey, thank you for keeping an eye out for me and for your support xoxox

    I'm actually really proud of my self control for these 9 days and especially the last couple of days and even now I want to wait until I am truly in w/d. But when I realized I had jumped from 2mg. and therefor might have to deal with w/d's for weeks more it just seemed too much. I can't wait to be free of opiates. I thank God every day that I found this forum. I took Subs for 3 years and didn't even know it was an opiate until I came here. I already feel better knowing I have a plan and there is hope for the future



    Ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer won't hurt you doing this. I commend your commitment to doing it properly though. Let's go for it.

    Take a 2mg pill, crush it into powder, divide it into quarters by eyesight, that is close enough for our purposes. You can use a single edged razor, a card, whatever to divide it. That will give you four .5mg piles. Cut one pile in half, which will be two .25mg piles, scoop one of them up with a creased business card and pour it under your tongue. It will dissolve so quickly you'll wonder if you even got it but it will help you I promise.

    Let's allow it AMPLE time to work to it's full potential, hence the two hour thing. I have a little after 2:00 where I am in Texas. Post back to me in two hours and we'll decide together what to do at that time. I'll be looking for you! It's going to be fine, don't worry! God bless.
    Ashleyy likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  24. #24
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Robert, the muscle relaxer knocked me out and i just woke up. In more w/d than before so that is good. Going to take the .25 now and check back in two hours.
    Robert_325 likes this.

  25. #25
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    Robert, the muscle relaxer knocked me out and i just woke up. In more w/d than before so that is good. Going to take the .25 now and check back in two hours.



    That's fine. I was embarrassed because after I told you to post to me in two hours I fell asleep on the couch watching tv! I just woke up, looked at the clock, and realized I was an hour late looking for your post. Must be something in the air! lol Talk with you soon. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  26. #26
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    I feel so much better I can't stop smiling!! What a relief this is I have so much hope now!! I'm not sure what we are going for. To totally not feel w/d's or to get to the point where you can live with it. It is like 75-80% better and I can live with this very happily. I'm not mad at myself anymore for not knowing how to taper correctly. I don't think I would have appreciated how I feel now as much if I hadn't been through the 9 days, ha ha. Feels so good to laugh again.
    Ashleyy likes this.

  27. #27
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    I feel so much better I can't stop smiling!! What a relief this is I have so much hope now!! I'm not sure what we are going for. To totally not feel w/d's or to get to the point where you can live with it. It is like 75-80% better and I can live with this very happily. I'm not mad at myself anymore for not knowing how to taper correctly. I don't think I would have appreciated how I feel now as much if I hadn't been through the 9 days, ha ha. Feels so good to laugh again.



    That is awesome! It's amazing what a .25mg can do. It's okay to feel a "little" something as you are tapering off subs and they are an opiate. But I don't want you feeling like you're in misery ANY MORE!!!! Plan on staying there for a few days. I want you to feel totally stable and then I'll walk you right down off the rest of the dose. And you won't have to suffer! Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.
    Ashleyy likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  28. #28
    SuzieOf is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Yay!! thank you so much!! God bless you Robert for all the good work you do, you are an angel and a life saver.
    Ashleyy likes this.

  29. #29
    dsac6060 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    You wer 9 days in n jumped at 2mg??? I give u credit bc I jumper Fromm ont day of .25. The wd still sucked lol. Good thing I'd that it was not as intense as full blown WD
    SuzieOf and Ashleyy like this.
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

  30. #30
    dsac6060 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    You wer 9 days in n jumped at 2mg??? I give u credit bc I jumped From one day of .25. The wd still sucked lol. Good thing ....it was not as intense as full blown WD.

    Day 9 or 10 for you? I wouldn't goback girl. Honest but that's my opinion. I would not have suffered that many days n go back. Last weekend, there were drugs in front of me and I turned it down. Prob the hardest thing I ever had to do.
    Ashleyy and gunnawin like this.
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22