Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Halloweenhead
Robert I remember you from three years ago, I need help again
    william777 is offline New Member

Default Robert I remember you from three years ago, I need help again

I read your info from 08, and my question is, the dr. gave me 3 subutex # 8 did 4 mg last night after waiting 12 hours from my last oxycodone (270mg per day) 12 hours later split the dose 2mg tonight i will take 2 more mgs to night and so on till the dr. see"s me friday at 4 If the oxys are out of my system in 4 or 5 days, why cant I just quit before I get hooked on the subs, do they hook us that quick 4 or five days? Good Job Robert, nice to see you still doing this work, there are so many of us out here and we are scared yes!!!s

Halloweenhead is offline Member

Based on my experience, you'll need some more time on the sub to give your brain the opportunity to start "re-wiring" itself and to start producing natural endorphins again...it is used to having an artificial source of pleasure, so to speak. It is true that you may be free of oxy in 4 or 5 days, but your brain will not be much better off. Chances are, after only 5 days, you'll still have symptoms (anxiety, etc) that could set you up for relapse. The odds of success are not in your favor with only a 5-day run. In my opinion, your brain cannot start healing unless you are on a very low dose of sub (a good bit less than what you have taken). Tapering down from that low dose should take 4-8 weeks which will allow some healing time. The lowest effective dose is essential for success...most people don't realize that they can get by with far less than what is prescribed if the induction is done properly. Robert will be along soon but he will probably recommend adjusting your dose ASAP and stretching things out some. I can tell you that if you commit to following his suggestions, you can achieve success. If for some reason you don't hear from him before your doctor's appointment, I suggest going ahead and getting another script filled and then wait for his instructions. Chances are, the doc will want you to take way more than you need. I wish you the best. If you are mentally and spiritually ready to break your addiction, you can do it. Stay around and keep posting!
    Robert_325 likes this.
    Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just an addict who knows a little about drugs.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

The above post is totally correct. Yes, you can stop subs after a week, but the relapse rate it horrible doing it that way. We have the best results doing this taper over about a sixty day period to allow the brain receptors to start functioning properly again without getting into a bunch of scientific, medcal mumbo jumbo. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.