Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
Robert can you help me I am so screwed!
    soscrewed is offline Member

Default Robert can you help me I am so screwed!

Hi all, I think I am so screwed. I was on the suboxone program. My doctor got irked that I started reducing my dose on my own and kicked me out of the program. I am curretly taking 16mg. As of tomorrow I will have 13 8mg left. Can you tell me the best way to use these. There is no way I can get anymore. Can any tell me what to expect once I am out??? Please, please help.

thalia45 is offline Member

Just want you to know I have read your post, but know nothing about subs (just bumping this up); someone will be along soon to help-hang in there!

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

Someone will be here to help you in the meantime, go to
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html and read Robert's protocol.
    I'm sure he will be here to help you soon.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-16-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by soscrewed View Post
    Hi all, I think I am so screwed. I was on the suboxone program. My doctor got irked that I started reducing my dose on my own and kicked me out of the program. I am curretly taking 16mg. As of tomorrow I will have 13 8mg left. Can you tell me the best way to use these. There is no way I can get anymore. Can any tell me what to expect once I am out??? Please, please help.

You aren't TOTALLY screwed, maybe a little screwed! How many days have you been at 16mg? If you have 13 8mg left, and you are willing to deal with a little discomfort I can get you through this. Won't be "mai tais and yahtzee" but we can pull it off together!!! LOL No time for playing games though, we need to ROCK on this!!! You got it in you? I can get you through it if you do EXACTLY what I say. God bless.
    iloerose likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank God! Thank you! I will do EXACTLY what you say. I have been reading this site and am horrified at what I am learning. I have been at 16mg four days. I was inducted at 24 two weeks ago. One week ago I began to move down each day to 16mg. You tell me what to do and I will do it.

Thank God! Thank you! I will do EXACTLY what you say. I have been reading this site and am horrified at what I am learning. I have been at 16mg four days. I was inducted at 24 two weeks ago. One week ago I began to move down each day to 16mg. You tell me what to do and I will do it.

Cool! Drop your dose TOMORROW to 12mg. Take half when you get up, the other half about 5:00 or so in the afternoon if you're on a daytime schedule daily. Take the same dose, at the same time every day as we taper down whether you feel like you need it or not. Need to keep an even flow of meds in your system. IF you start holding off taking a dose because you're trying to stretch out your meds it will bite you. Again, do this just like I'm telling you and we'll get you through it. You don't have enough to make this a cake walk, you may have to suck it up a little along the way, but we'll get you through it without having to miss work or anything like that. That's a guarantee! Talk with me daily so I see how you react to the reductions as we are all a little different. I've done this a LOT of times so I know what I'm doing. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Okay, I will set dosing times and do it as you say. After reading this site, I can see there is no question you know what you are doing. The more I read here, the more I realize I was clueless. The end result is what I care about. I can handle whatever I need to do to get there. Talk soon. Thank you!
    Robert_325 and Strong Desire like this.

Save the thanks until we're done. LOL There may be a few rough days, but we'll make it! God bless.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

WOW! What a jerk! I got the feeling a couple times my Doctor wanted to boot me too for tapering. He gives me a hard time whenever I talk about it. Just to share a quick story: I'm 7 months pregnant. The previous OB-GYN I was seeing made me sit down with a Social Worker three different times for an hour because I told them I was cutting my Sub dose down...I switched Ob Gyn's! I don't have to deal with that, and neither do you! Glad you found Robert and the forum.

Basically my friend, they're mad because they were losing a PAYING CUSTOMER, not a PATIENT. Screw them!

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    WOW! What a jerk! I got the feeling a couple times my Doctor wanted to boot me too for tapering. He gives me a hard time whenever I talk about it. Just to share a quick story: I'm 7 months pregnant. The previous OB-GYN I was seeing made me sit down with a Social Worker three different times for an hour because I told them I was cutting my Sub dose down...I switched Ob Gyn's! I don't have to deal with that, and neither do you! Glad you found Robert and the forum.

Basically my friend, they're mad because they were losing a PAYING CUSTOMER, not a PATIENT. Screw them!
    K
    You know your body, not them. Our situation doesn't give the medical community the right to treat us like dirt. I am glad you found a better ob! Keep looking out for yourself.!

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Okay, I will set dosing times and do it as you say. After reading this site, I can see there is no question you know what you are doing. The more I read here, the more I realize I was clueless. The end result is what I care about. I can handle whatever I need to do to get there. Talk soon. Thank you!
    Hi and welcome to the forum! I am Karen and Robert is helping me with my sub experiance! This man knows his business like no other person! You have the exact attitude that you need to have to accomplish what you really want! Keep posting often so that Robert knows your condition at ALL times. He WILL get you through this one way or the other!

My thread is in the "Need to Talk" section here if you care to take a look at it. There is also a thread there for "Taper Buddies" started bt RxQueen that has posted to you here. Take a look at that one also and post there for so much support as you go through this. We are with you ALL the way here! Many of us will be in your corner. I have so much support here I just can't hardly believe it and I'm just beginning myself! This is my first week!

So very nice to meet you and just do as you're asked by Robert. You will see and you have already read around so that is awesome! Post to me anytime you can and I will do the same in return. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Save the thanks until we're done. LOL There may be a few rough days, but we'll make it! God bless.
    Okay, I took 6 at 8:00 and 6 at 5:00. Those will be my set dosing times. I am getting ready for the rest spiritually, mentally and physically. I am pumped today and looking forward to talking to people on the forum side. Everyone is so nice. Robert, you have helped so many people! I am glad to be one of them. I am ready. What dose should I take tomorrow?

Nice to meet you Karen. Congrats on your journey. Glad we are doing it together. I will check you out on your forum post. Thank you for the info. See you there.

Nice to meet you Karen. Congrats on your journey. Glad we are doing it together. I will check you out on your forum post. Thank you for the info. See you there.
    That's just great! You are really getting the hang of it and doing so well right now! And you mentioned taking your dose and doing so at the same time each day.....that's what it takes!

I know that Robert hasn't checked in on me as of today to this point (he has been so busy lately), so it may take some time before he gets to us. So please do your best to remain patient and he will get here when he can. He never lets us down!

I look forward to seeing you on the other section when you get some time. Lots of support here and that makes such a difference! You will see what I mean real soon. It has been kinda slow here this weekend and it's a Holiday weekend also. But hang tight and we'll be just fine! Talk to you again real soon! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    That's just great! You are really getting the hang of it and doing so well right now! And you mentioned taking your dose and doing so at the same time each day.....that's what it takes!

I know that Robert hasn't checked in on me as of today to this point (he has been so busy lately), so it may take some time before he gets to us. So please do your best to remain patient and he will get here when he can. He never lets us down!

I look forward to seeing you on the other section when you get some time. Lots of support here and that makes such a difference! You will see what I mean real soon. It has been kinda slow here this weekend and it's a Holiday weekend also. But hang tight and we'll be just fine! Talk to you again real soon! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    No worries on my end. It really helps to know someone is out there. Great to hear from you. I look forward to talking soon.

No worries on my end. It really helps to know someone is out there. Great to hear from you. I look forward to talking soon.

Stay on that same 6mg twice daily today and if all is well drop it to 4mg twice daily tomorrrow. God bless.

Stay on that same 6mg twice daily today and if all is well drop it to 4mg twice daily tomorrrow. God bless.
    Hmmm, I got a call from another sub doc that had cancellations tomorrow. He knows I was kicked to the curb from that other ?????. While he won’t pick me up as an ongoing patient (after his later week inductions from his waiting list he will be maxed), he will see me for an apt. so I can probably get some additional subs. I don’t want to rush through this taper process only to find myself in a relapse. But I also don’t want to have more subs on hand than needed (feels good to say that, like I am on the road to recovery, again). My thought is that it would be best to –not- go to the apt. I want to run it by you. Are we okay on our current taper or would getting additional subs be wise? I am not confident with my decision making right now. If you have anything to chime in I would appreciate.

Changing your name to: "You're NOT Screwed! HaHaHa! You got it really going now! Very proud of you! Hopefully your appt. with the new doctor will work out ok for you and he/she will give you the amount of subs you need to finish! Hope so anyway!

And you're right.....no need to rush things! Just doing the right thing is all it takes! And you are to this point! I'm with you all the way and we will get our lives back to US right?! So just keep doing what you're doing and everything will work out right. Robert has you on the right track....as usual! Talk to you soon. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hmmm, I got a call from another sub doc that had cancellations tomorrow. He knows I was kicked to the curb from that other ?????. While he won’t pick me up as an ongoing patient (after his later week inductions from his waiting list he will be maxed), he will see me for an apt. so I can probably get some additional subs. I don’t want to rush through this taper process only to find myself in a relapse. But I also don’t want to have more subs on hand than needed (feels good to say that, like I am on the road to recovery, again). My thought is that it would be best to –not- go to the apt. I want to run it by you. Are we okay on our current taper or would getting additional subs be wise? I am not confident with my decision making right now. If you have anything to chime in I would appreciate.

I seldom tell anyone to go back to the sub dr. But in all honesty, you only had 13 pills a couple days ago and you've been on 16mg. If you could pick up even 20 subs from this new dr I could walk you through this with you not having to suffer. If you can get in and get out without having to slam a big dose again and just get another script then I would say that you'd be foolish NOT to go!! It would make this so much easier on both you and me to get you through this with you not having to suffer. That is my best advice. Just don't let this new dr lure you back into the trap of making you think you need a pile of meds on a maintenance plan so he can milk you for money. Get a script, get out of there, and never go back again, PERIOD!!!! Do that and I'm behind you all the way! God bless.
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

I seldom tell anyone to go back to the sub dr. But in all honesty, you only had 13 pills a couple days ago and you've been on 16mg. If you could pick up even 20 subs from this new dr I could walk you through this with you not having to suffer. If you can get in and get out without having to slam a big dose again and just get another script then I would say that you'd be foolish NOT to go!! It would make this so much easier on both you and me to get you through this with you not having to suffer. That is my best advice. Just don't let this new dr lure you back into the trap of making you think you need a pile of meds on a maintenance plan so he can milk you for money. Get a script, get out of there, and never go back again, PERIOD!!!! Do that and I'm behind you all the way! God bless.
    I am set on getting sober, that part isn’t negotiable. I would like to do it right, if possible. Heck, I didn’t even have a clue what the right process looked like until I found this forum. Now, I am glad I got booted from the docs office/ sub program. Otherwise, I would be taking two 8s a day thinking I could jump no problem at any time. I can’t imagine that now.
    Robert, you must be exhausted keeping up with this forum. It is hard for me to do and I barely post! I hope you drop out of “site” and have time for Robert enough! Saving lives and dealing with addicts has got to be tough. I can’t tell you have much I appreciate your help though. I was really lost. Now, if I can get more subs then hopefully I will be able to follow your reduction plan as you have it laid out and not be as bothersome. 
    Strong Desire likes this.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Hey there not screwed!
    I noticed u stopped by my thread to give Karen a holla n ur more than welcome to post there anytime. I noticed I was able to chat w more ppl in the need to talk section...should b called love to talk section for me, hehe. Seriously though listen to Roberts advice on this...u don't wanna b like me n get stuck on a high dose of subs forever...some of these drs seem to only want a returning "customer". I also had a dr a few years ago refuse to drop my dose n wanted to keep me on 32 mg a day!!! Outrageous, ey? So do as Robert says, get some extras to make your taper smoother, n only take what amount he suggests to u. Ur going to do great, so don't stress. Also check out Toni, she successfully tapered n jumped n is feeling great jumping a couple weeks previous! Such an inspiration, along w so many others on the need to talk section. So much to learn from everyone! Keep up the great work, big hugs, crystal

Thank you for your post. I will listen to Robert. It sounds like that man has it down. Sorry I had your thread and not karen's I am still learning to navigate. See you in the Need To Talk
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

Thank you for your post. I will listen to Robert. It sounds like that man has it down. Sorry I had your thread and not karen's I am still learning to navigate. See you in the Need To Talk
    How's it going today? Just checking on you to see what's going on with you? Post when you get the time and let us know how things are shaping up! See ya soon!

Hugs,
    Karen

Okay with 6/6 dose yesterday. I went down to 4/4 today. I did wake up with a horrible headache, muscle cramps, watery stingy eyes, and what-not. I don’t mind that if it is what is needed. Just curious, w/ds or still on too much sub for me maybe? After I took the morning dose things were a bit better. I got 10 more 8mg. at doc. office. It isn’t 20 but I am hoping that will make my step down schedule a bit better. I turned all the docs words into bla, bla, bla. He wanted me to take 2/3 8s in the office. That way, he would give me script for 60 8s, pass on that. <LEGAL DEALER> I am so glad this wasn’t a real bad day! Today, I have a firm conviction not to step back into that or any other sub office. I will hang on 4/4 until I don’t have those symptoms or I hear otherwise. Thanks, Blessings. E.M.

Okay with 6/6 dose yesterday. I went down to 4/4 today. I did wake up with a horrible headache, muscle cramps, watery stingy eyes, and what-not. I don’t mind that if it is what is needed. Just curious, w/ds or still on too much sub for me maybe? After I took the morning dose things were a bit better. I got 10 more 8mg. at doc. office. It isn’t 20 but I am hoping that will make my step down schedule a bit better. I turned all the docs words into bla, bla, bla. He wanted me to take 2/3 8s in the office. That way, he would give me script for 60 8s, pass on that. <LEGAL DEALER> I am so glad this wasn’t a real bad day! Today, I have a firm conviction not to step back into that or any other sub office. I will hang on 4/4 until I don’t have those symptoms or I hear otherwise. Thanks, Blessings. E.M.

You'll have enough to make it with the extra ten. We just have to keep on track. Glad you didn't take what he wanted you to do! God bless.
    soscrewed likes this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

So you have the right attitude which is extremely important, follow directions you will do fine inyour corner and pulling for you Dog
    soscrewed likes this.

So sorry to hear you had those symptoms. Hopefully they won't last long. Just wanted to tell you how well you are doing! A really awesome job! You have a great attitude like Surfdog said and that makes all the difference in my opinion.

Good job at the doctors office getting out of there with the 10 subs. Hopefully that will be all it takes to finish the job! Robert will do it if there's any way possible! So keep on the right track and know that I'm with you all the way. Have a great day and we'll talk again soon I hope. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hang at the 4/4 dose for a couple days. Those symptoms are too strong to jump again like you just did. Get as close to stable as you can, then we'll have you drop again. Remember that at the end you'll just be taking little tiny doses, so those 8mg pills go farther at that point. However you do go through them quickly where you are now. I totally understand the dilemma, but I won't allow you to get so sick doing this that you can't handle it. Cut yourself some slack a couple days where you are and let's talk again before you drop more.

You can also take advil or whatever for body aches, even a muscle relaxer like a soma or flexeril for a few days wouldn't be the end of the world. Benadryl is good for watery eyes, sneezing and will even help some with sleep. You can even take a Tylenol PM or the equivalent if that helps. Keep me posted. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-20-2012 at 11:38 AM.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

So listen to robert he won't let you suffer, good man there trusted him with my son you're doing well in my prayers Dog

Hang at the 4/4 dose for a couple days. Those symptoms are too strong to jump again like you just did. Get as close to stable as you can, then we'll have you drop again. Remember that at the end you'll just be taking little tiny doses, so those 8mg pills go farther at that point. However you do go through them quickly where you are now. I totally understand the dilemma, but I won't allow you to get so sick doing this that you can't handle it. Cut yourself some slack a couple days where you are and let's talk again before you drop more.

You can also take advil or whatever for body aches, even a muscle relaxer like a soma or flexeril for a few days wouldn't be the end of the world. Benadryl is good for watery eyes, sneezing and will even help some with sleep. You can even take a Tylenol PM or the equivalent if that helps. Keep me posted. God bless.
    Hello, I was just checking in to say that I was fine after taking 6/6 yesterday. I took my 6 this morning. I would like to drop again if possible tomorrow? I was hoping I could keep on dropping quicker on the higher doses and then take the appropriate time on the smaller doses. My thinking behind dosing smaller again was that maybe this way I could keep some of the higher dosing out of my system. My head doesn’t like the subs… Your call though, you know what you are doing. I will hang at this dose until I hear different. Thank you for being there. You are amazing!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast