Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Strong Desire
Review of my taper program?
    painkillerfree2003 is offline Junior Member

Default Review of my taper program?

First thing, I am so grateful for the help this message board has offered me. I don't really post, but I am amazed how caring the people around here seem. Just reading the kind words offered to people struggling has given me hope that I can get through this. Second thing, if I post my rought draft of my taper plan below, could I get some feedback as to whether or not I am on the right track? A little background information: I started with 28 Suboxone 8mg/2mg. This is all i have and cannot get anymore. Its a long story, but my doctor just wanted to throw pills at everything, so we parted ways. I will post below what I have taken and what I plan to take to minimize the w/d symptoms. I take one dose in the morning and one dose in the evening until later in the taper program (approx. 12 hours apart), so that is why I list 2 doses below. Robert_325's program was extremely helpful, but I still like to get some assurance that i am on the right track. Thank you ahead of time for any feedback or help you can offer. I already feel better being off those sh**ty pills lol. Sorry for such a long post.

FYI: 1/2 film=4mg; 1/4 film=2mg; 1/6=1.33mg; 1/8 film=1mg; 1/16 film=0.5mg; 1/32 film=0.25mg

July 25: 1 film PM (1st dose; probably wasn't inducted properly, but I feel ok)
    July 26: 1/2 film AM, 1/2 film PM
    July 27: 1/2 film AM, 1/2 film PM
    July 28: 1/2 film AM, 1/2 film PM
    July 29: 1/2 film AM, 1/2 film PM
    July 30: 1/2 film AM, 1/2 film PM
    July 31: 1/2 film AM, 1/2 film PM
    August 01: 1/2 film AM, 1/2 film PM
    August 02: 1/2 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 03: 1/2 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 04: 1/2 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 05: 1/2 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 06: 1/3 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 07: 1/3 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 08: 1/3 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 09: 1/3 film AM, 1/3 film PM
    August 10: 1/3 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 11: 1/3 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 12: 1/3 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 13: 1/3 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 14: 1/4 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 15: 1/4 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 16: 1/4 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 17: 1/4 film AM, 1/4 film PM
    August 18: 1/4 film AM, 1/8 film PM
    August 19: 1/4 film AM, 1/8 film PM
    August 20: 1/4 film AM, 1/8 film PM
    August 21: 1/4 film AM, 1/8 film PM
    August 22: 1/4 film AM, 1/16 film PM
    August 23: 1/4 film AM, 1/16 film PM
    August 24: 1/4 film AM, 1/16 film PM
    August 25: 1/4 film AM, 1/16 film PM
    August 26: 1/4 film AM, 1/32 film PM
    August 27: 1/4 film AM, 1/32 film PM
    August 28: 1/4 film AM, 1/32 film PM
    August 29: 1/4 film AM, 1/32 film PM
    August 30: 1/4 film AM
    August 31: 1/4 film AM
    September 01: 1/4 film AM
    September 02: 1/4 film AM
    September 03: 1/6 film AM
    September 04: 1/6 film AM
    September 05: 1/6 film AM
    September 06: 1/6 film AM
    September 07: 1/8 film AM
    September 08: 1/8 film AM
    September 09: 1/8 film AM
    September 10: 1/8 film AM
    September 11: 1/16 film AM
    September 12: 1/16 film AM
    September 13: 1/16 film AM
    September 14: 1/16 film AM
    September 15: 1/32 film AM
    September 16: 1/32 film AM
    September 17: 1/32 film AM
    September 18: 1/32 film AM
    September 19: 1/32 film AM
    September 20: JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Per my calculations, this would have me using 25 of my 28 Suboxone strips, plus I lost 1/2 b/c it didn't set right, so I panicked and pulled it out of my mouth. So total used is 25 1/2 strips. This leaves me 2 1/2 strips to adjust my taper per any recommendations, or I will have those as a padding in case I mess some up again or if the drops in mg don't sit well. Again, thank you so much for your help!

surfdog is offline Senior Member

PK I know Robert's plan calls for 5% reduction every 4 days. I am not that familular with subs so I can't really offer suggestions other than support. I am sure there will be others along soon who can give you more valuable info than I can. Don't want to mislead you in anyway Dog

Thank you surf dog for the response. I've seen your posts around here and you sound incredibly knowledgeable. Robert_325, after reading some of your other posts, I'm concerned I mis-interpreted your taper schedule and now I am concerned I am taking to much. Could I trouble you to take a look at my sub schedule and advise if I should adjust? Or anybody who has used his program, can you take a look at it? I really can't thank you enough for any help you can offer.
    Last edited by painkillerfree2003; 08-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by painkillerfree2003 View Post
    Thank you surf dog for the response. I've seen your posts around here and you sound incredibly knowledgeable. Robert_325, after reading some of your other posts, I'm concerned I mis-interpreted your taper schedule and now I am concerned I am taking to much. Could I trouble you to take a look at my sub schedule and advise if I should adjust? Or anybody who has used his program, can you take a look at it? I really can't thank you enough for any help you can offer.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I will provide you with the link to Robert's sub therapy plan. Read it through as it gives you ALL the information you will need to successfully taper from the subs. I tapered myself and the plan worked as advertised for me. Others with more experience will stop by to offer you some suggestions and advice. I wish you the very best.

Karen

Sub Therapy Plan
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Thank you StrongDesire for the link. A big question for me is, how in the heck do I get my film cut so small? lol. I have a very small pair of tweezers and a sharp razor blade, so I assuming that will do the trick? Because I only have the 8mg/2mg strips, I'm assuming the drug is evenly distributed, so when I cut it really small I will be ok?

bppb is offline Member

If you can stop taking everything and withdrawal until you score a 26 on the COWS sheet. I'd highly recommend it. If you truly want to get off of these I bet you could do it alot faster and using alot less of the suboxone that you have so you dont have to scare yourself towards the end worrying about if your going to have enough. I'd guess close to half of what you have left would be used if you did it right. Completely your call, I believe you can definetly reach your goal and jump per your timeline (others would have to properly give you advice on that) it would just take a little longer since you are starting at a very high dose. Roberts plan suggests that you shouldnt need anymore then 3mg to even start out at. Also if your going to dose twice a day, I have read many posts on here suggesting that you take an even dose twice a day(EX: 1 mg in the morning, and 1 mg in the evening) You want this to be an easy process for you, especially if you arent really feeling like doing much let alone cutting up your next doses. Luckily you have about 4 days before you taper to the next dose but I know in my personal experience during my taper I have had very little energy to even get out of bed most days. But I pushed and I made it, and it paid off in the long run.

I personally was inducted at 1.5mg since I had some rough feelings throughout it I extended my 4 days at a dose to a couple extra days a few times.. making my process a little longer but I still was able to reach my goal. Monday I will take my last dose and jump! You can do it anyway you'd like, its up to you.. Robert's way was simple, and stress free in my opinion. It's easy to forget if you took a dose or sort of hard to keep cut up pieces separated and labeled so you know the correct measurements, especially when you get down to tiny tiny pieces and you have to start using a razor blade.

Best of luck! We are all here rooting you on

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Thank you StrongDesire for the link. A big question for me is, how in the heck do I get my film cut so small? lol. I have a very small pair of tweezers and a sharp razor blade, so I assuming that will do the trick? Because I only have the 8mg/2mg strips, I'm assuming the drug is evenly distributed, so when I cut it really small I will be ok?
    I had the 8mg pills myself, but I do have a friend here at home that finally decided to get clean and does use the film. She holds the film with a pair of tweezers, and cuts them with a pair of ladies cosmetic scissors. They are very small and work PERFECTLY to cut the film with.

She hold the film and cuts it in half. Then those 2 pieces in half again, and then in half once more. With an 8mg film if you cut it in half the 3 times as I said, she ended up with (8) - 1mg pieces. Then she cuts those pieces in half again for (16) pieces of .50mg each. And she can even cut those in half again for (32) pieces of .25mg each. She uses a magnifying glass sometimes because the pieces are so small. But she can do it so I'm sure you can too. Just go slow and be very careful is my suggestion. Hope this helps.

Karen
    painkillerfree2003 and bppb like this.

First thing, bppb, I have been following your thread where you are tapering using Robert_325's plan, and I must say, I applaud you sir. Simply reading your thread has given me hope that I can be painkiller free. I know it won't all be symptom free, but b/c of you and your experience, I have hope, and I thank you for that.

I guess it would have helped if I gave some background to my situation . I started Suboxone July 25, 2012 after waiting until I was in full withdrawal from pain pills. I began the first day per my Dr's prescribed orders, and continued that way for a few days, but after reading Robert_325's plan, I am worried I am taking WAY TO MUCH! I sat down and put together a taper plan, but after reading about your experience (bppb), I figured I needed to get down farther than what I am on now (which, is 1/2 film am, and 1/3 film pm of the 8mg/2mg). That just seems like a lot of Suboxone.

So my question is, should I go ahead and drop down to approximately 1mg dose twice a day (totaling 2mg/day), and do my taper from there?
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-04-2012 at 10:17 AM.

bppb is offline Member

First thing, bppb, I have been following your thread where you are tapering using Robert_325's plan, and I must say, I applaud you sir. Simply reading your thread has given me hope that I can be painkiller free. I know it won't all be symptom free, but b/c of you and your experience, I have hope, and I thank you for that.

I guess it would have helped if I gave some background to my situation . I started Suboxone July 25, 2012 after waiting until I was in full withdrawal from pain pills. I began the first day per my Dr's prescribed orders, and continued that way for a few days, but after reading Robert_325's plan, I am worried I am taking WAY TO MUCH! I sat down and put together a taper plan, but after reading about your experience (bppb), I figured I needed to get down farther than what I am on now (which, is 1/2 film am, and 1/3 film pm of the 8mg/2mg). That just seems like a ???? load of Suboxone.

So my question is, should I go ahead and drop down to approximately 1mg dose twice a day (totaling 2mg/day), and do my taper from there?
    To properly know where you need to start out at you would need to w/d and print out the COWS worksheet and score a 26. If you are currently taking over 4 mg. it is not a wise idea to completely cut over half. You have two choices, either continue your taper like you are, you will get there just alot longer and I cant say taht you will have mild symptoms. I have never tried to get off of them before I found Roberts taper. Roberts taper is amazing. If you can w/d and start fresh, I'd do it. If you can't and choose not to then continue where you are at, I dont think cutting over half your currently dose is a good idea especially since you are probably on way too much to begin with. Its your call, I will offer me support and helping hand.

There is hope! Keep your head up

Thanks for the reply bppb. I'm not sure I want to feel those horrible feelings again of getting to 26 on the COWS worksheet lol. I am going to start stepping my dose down and get to a mg starting point around where you were (or where I feel comfortable), then start the 25% reduction every 4 days. I agree, I really think Robert's program has been proven successful, so I would like to follow it the best I can. My dr. prescribed me WAY to big a dose.

Thank you for your kind words.

Painkiller, all docs rx way too much they are uneducated about subs or just not sure what they are doing . some have been started on 32 mg which is way too much. You can do this and thanks for the kind words Dog

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    PK I know Robert's plan calls for 5% reduction every 4 days. I am not that familular with subs so I can't really offer suggestions other than support. I am sure there will be others along soon who can give you more valuable info than I can. Don't want to mislead you in anyway Dog
    just as an fyi dawg, its 25% every 4 days not 5%.... ok. just wanted to clear that up.

my bad still can't type should have edited thanks Kiwi wad up with you

PK please ignore that post from me that typo could have sent you in the wrong way apologies for that it is 25% not 5% every four days. Cheeky knows way more on the subs than I do, she will not send you in the wrong direction trust her on the taper Dog
    Last edited by surfdog; 08-05-2012 at 06:34 AM.

It's all good surfdog! I saw that it said 25% on Robert's taper plan. I'm just glad you took the time to respond. I'm slowly reducing my dose to get in line with Robert's plan. Droping to 1/4 strip 2 times a day starting tomorrow.