Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NoFear23
Question regarding sub withdrawals
    NoFear23 is offline Junior Member

Default Question regarding sub withdrawals

Alright before i post what im bout to write it might sound dumb but if i dont clear my head of it ill be thinking about it... I been on subs for a lil while now. been clean from my DOC (OCs) for over 90 days now. about 4 weeks ago i tried getting off subs completely. went a week without them and it seemed like it was only getting worse. at that time i stopped at about a 1 mg an jumped from there. went back on subs for about 2 weeks but this time was able to take much less of the sub while feeling no withdrawals. was most likely at .50 mgs. mabye a lil more. so after 2 weeks i decided i built up enough strength to do it again but not look back this time. i wanted off everything. didnt matter to me i wasnt getting high for awhile now i wanted no substance to make me function. so its day 7 again. an the withdrawals at this time i jumped were alot more manageable. after about 4 days i started feeling better each day an new it wouldnt be much longer. im at day 7 an still feeling better everyday whereas for a couple hours i wont feel anything an then ill get a very manageable wave of chills an aches for an hour or 2. ive drank enough water in these past 7 days to detox my body for a 30 day span it feels like. all day i drink water an ive stayed away from slow processing foods as well. but today since i started feeling really good when i woke up i got a bagel. i got a egg everything an as i kno this is probably placebo and a dumb question but will the poppy seeds on the bagel setback my wtihdrawals. ive looked up that there was opium in poppy seeds but will be enough to really set me back? just trying to clear my head.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Don't worry about poppy seeds from a bagel after what you've done! Just hang in there. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

thanks man. i appreciate that. really do. never got any credit for what im doing. everytime i pass a drug test my dad would say something like its ridiculous he has to waste his time doing this. call me a drug addict and then complain some more.. i try an tell myself its his way of pushing me for me to succeed by myself but i dont kno. done this all on my own so far an givin it all i got. just a relief to hear it wont set me back in days of recovery though. wouldve been demoralizing if a bagel was to set me back. thanks again. cleared my head. now i can go about my day without thinking about that bagel every 5 minutes as dumb as that sounds..
    Robert_325 likes this.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hey NoFear
    I'm sorry to hear your feeling alone and others seem to not be noticing. We sure are noticing! I am very, very proud of you man. Seriously. Remember your Dad is (assumingly) not an addict, and just plain doesn't understand. Give him a little slack, he doesn't know any better most likely. And your right, it is his way of pushing you because he doesn't truly know what your going through. Most loved ones have to attend Al-Anon meetings to just begin starting to understand addiction. That's one of the reasons we group together as addicts because non-addicts are typically not empathetic to our situation. Not to step out of place but I'm sure he probably loves you and just wants the best for you. Keep up the good work.

And no, I wouldn't worry about the poppy seeds

thank you. i appreciate it. day 13. goin strong. longest ive been off any drug in 5 years. not 100 % yet but damn close. working out again. feeling better everyday. if you would have asked me a year ago i wouldve told you i was content with being on OCs the rest of my life. then when i got on subs i was content i'd be on those for the rest of my life. but here i am. a better man. almost 100 days off OCs. an 13 days off subs. life is good

day 18. still goin strong. but i got to say it feels like ive been in same spot for past 5 days. i mean its manageable. want to be 100% already though.. its got to be any day now.

day 21 is almost over. really is frustrating. where i feel normal for 3/4s of the day. an think its over only to be dissappointed with the chills appearing out of no where. that an insonmia is the last to symptoms. i can deal with the insonmia. i cant take the chills though. even though they aint bad its still annoying. out of all the symptoms the one i hated the most was the irregular body temperature. its ight though. praying that its over any day now. i havent gotten high in months so doing drugs isnt even a thought in my head really. even when im sick i dont think of doing drugs to help them. i just tough it out and keep telling myself one more day. hopefully ill be right and tommro is that last day. been running a mile a day to sweat everything out. been drinking water like crazy and also been eating like 5 times a day with drinking 2 protein shakes a day as well. been back to normal with almost everything jus this last symptom is lingering and wont go away. like i said hopefully tommro it will be over. regardless im going to fight it out till its over

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

Hi Nofear, It took awhile to put you where you were at, don't know how long you used, but it's going to take awhile to straighten your body out again. Get good exercise as well as drinking the water. Watch processed foods and eat well. The exercise will help your natural endorphins kick in. You will get through this, just hang tight. Subs take awhile to get over. You will get where you need to be!

Peace,

Iloerose

thank you. day 29.. done withdrawing with the exception of insomnia but thats nothin. been waiting for this day for awhile now. feels good. been a long 5 years. but almost 4 months off OCs and 29 days off subs. can now say im out the game. an i aint goin back.. life is good