Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rxqueen83
Pregnant and need off subs. Someone please help ASAP
  1. #1
    Mommy2B is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Exclamation Pregnant and need off subs. Someone please help ASAP

    I've been on subs since January after a lengthy percocet addiction. I just found out I'm 10 weeks pregnant and want desperately to get off this stuff I'm down to 1 or 2, 2mg strips a day. Can someone please guide me from here?! I have a brand new box of 2mg strips (30) and need to be off by the end of this box. Thank you all in advance for reading this far and God bless you
    Last edited by ddcmod; 05-24-2012 at 07:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2B View Post
    I've been on subs since January after a lengthy percocet addiction. I just found out I'm 10 weeks pregnant and want desperately to get off this ????. I'm down to 1 or 2, 2mg strips a day. Can someone please guide me from here?! I have a brand new box of 2mg strips (30) and need to be off by the end of this box. Thank you all in advance for reading this far and God bless you


    I can help you but you need to get off the suboxone IMMEDIATELY and use subutex. Suboxone has naloxone in it and is not good for the baby. I promise you that I am right. You need to call the dr immediately, tell them you need the subutex, which also comes in a generic, it's very inexpensive, and let me know when you get the subutex. I would NOT use anymore of the suboxone. Any sub dr that knows what he/she is doing knows subutex ONLY should be used for pregnant ladies. Keep me posted. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #3
    Mommy2B is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I have the phone in my hand calling right now. I thank you so much for you response and more importantly the help you've offered. I will let you know when I have the subtex. God bless you.

  4. #4
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2B View Post
    I have the phone in my hand calling right now. I thank you so much for you response and more importantly the help you've offered. I will let you know when I have the subtex. God bless you.

    The generic is buprenorphine and it costs about $2 a pill vs $8-$9 a pill for the name brand. The generic works just fine!! And ask for the 8mg generic pills unless you have great insurance that will pay for all the 2mg pills. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  5. #5
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    So please update me! Did you get the dr to prescribe the subutex instead of the suboxone? Talk to me. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  6. #6
    Mommy2B is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Yes, at first he tried telling me to stay on the subs but after a bit of back and fourth he agreed. My insurance will only accept it through the mail order so I'm now waiting for them to fed ex it. Funny thing is the dr. Had a problem when I told him I want off and was adamant that staying on is better for the baby?! This can't be true can it? He basically told me after writing the script I'm on my own. Do you think I should find another sub doctor or do you think I can be off them in a month? God bless you Robert for all you do.

  7. #7
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2B View Post
    Yes, at first he tried telling me to stay on the subs but after a bit of back and fourth he agreed. My insurance will only accept it through the mail order so I'm now waiting for them to fed ex it. Funny thing is the dr. Had a problem when I told him I want off and was adamant that staying on is better for the baby?! This can't be true can it? He basically told me after writing the script I'm on my own. Do you think I should find another sub doctor or do you think I can be off them in a month? God bless you Robert for all you do.



    Your sub dr obviously doesn't know what he is doing and he is pushing this off on you so he doesn't get himself involved with any liability with you being pregnant. Sounds like a heck of a guy, the kind of dr I would want my daughter or wife to stay away from!

    I can line up the girls I have tapered off subutex while pregnant if needed and they would post to you. The other people on this forum will back me and assure you that they've witnessed me doing this perfectly safely numerous times, three in the last month alone!

    We can work together and if you'll do exactly what I say I'll have you totally subutex free in sixty days MAX, probably sooner, and your baby won't suffer, plus you'll deliver a perfectly healthy baby that won't be addicted to any drugs. That is of course assuming you have no unrelated issues that I'm unaware of. Is everything else okay so I know what we're doing?

    I promise this is totally safe and I don't even know how many moms I have done this with. I don't mess around with the safety of a baby! You can trust this will go just fine, and I would stay away from that dr. How many pills and what dose of pill did he prescribe for you? God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-25-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  8. #8
    rxqueen83 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Mommy,
    All my Doctors and OB GYN tried to pressure me to continue on subutex as well. It's for mixed reasons but none of it is in your best interest or your baby's best interest. All they care about is their liability and their pockets. They gave me such a hard time at my OB GYN they forced me to talk to a social worker and finally last week I switched OB GYN's! You'll be fine but yes you should be on subutex not suboxone.
    Robert_325 likes this.

  9. #9
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Mommy,
    All my Doctors and OB GYN tried to pressure me to continue on subutex as well. It's for mixed reasons but none of it is in your best interest or your baby's best interest. All they care about is their liability and their pockets. They gave me such a hard time at my OB GYN they forced me to talk to a social worker and finally last week I switched OB GYN's! You'll be fine but yes you should be on subutex not suboxone.


    rxqueen .... if I can help you in any way with your taper down let me know. I'm pretty good with these subs! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22