Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
A positive "getting off Suboxone" experience
    Anonymous Guest

Default A positive "getting off Suboxone" experience

Hi to all..... I am new here as a poster, but I have been reading other's experiences for quite sometime now. A little background on myself - I am a 36 year old, relatively in good shape/health, female with two children and a long time boyfriend who have been non the wiser to my story. I am also a full time student (RN) so I have a pretty busy life. I was a heavy user of Vicodene, Percocet, & Roxy's for about 3 years, and then I started mixing in Aderall and Methadone for about another 6 months. Then I started on Suboxone. That was about 3-1/2 years ago. I was induced at 24mg's a day and stayed there for about a year. I switched Dr's about half way through and he insisted that I start weening and get off them. I, of course, didn't follow his advice. I wound up, about a month ago, making a decision to get off Suboxone - for good. I got myself down to about .5mg a day for a week, I skipped 4 days, had to take .25mg for 3 days, skipped 3 days, and then 14 days ago took my last dose of approx .125mg. It has been kinda rough, and it's not a method I would recommend, but I have to say it really hasn't been terrible. I had a few days where I thought there is no way in hell I can do this, but with kind words of encouragement from Robert and other's on this forum I have so far suceeded! I still don't sleep worth a darn and there are times when I just don't feel right, but overall I am ok :-) I have not missed any school/clinical time because of this, I have been able to take care of my family, and I have found support and courage from various sources when I need it.

I do not handle wd's very well, it's my least favorite thing in the world, although as many times as I have sufferred through them some might think differentI have to say that your frame of mind really impacts your experience. At times I felt very discouraged or anxious (which I have never experienced before so I have a whole new outlook on anxiety!) so it was hard for me to deal. My first instict was to call the dr., but I knew that was not the road I wanted to head down, so I reached out and found the support I needed. I wish anyone who is weening, stopping, or starting Suboxone all the best wishes! If you use it correctly, and stop it correctly, it can be a life changing experience. It has really put things into perspective for me

Good luck to everyone and God Bless!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

You did awesome! So proud of your accomplishment. Congratulations and God bless.
    Bean222 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Default Dear Suboxone - I bid you adieu

Well it has been 20 days since my last dose (God it feels good to say that - my last dose!), and I feel great! I find that I am able to take pleasure in so many things that I have been just going through the motions with, and I love it. I shaved my legs today and for about 5 seconds, until I got goose bumps , loved the way my skin felt all nice and smooth. Later while I was sitting on the couch my youngest son came and sat next to me and touched my face and I almost cried because it was like I was feeling his tiny hand on me for the first time. Life is so beautiful and precious! I am happy to say I finally have mine back.

Sleep is returning to me slowly but surely, and it is truly a wonderful thing. A wise man once told me, “Stay positive and one morning you'll wake up realizing you actually slept and didn't pass out. That is when you are at the end of all this.” And positive I am a staying! Each day gets better and better, sweeter and sweeter!

I won't be so bold to say never again, afterall, never again is what I swore the time before, but I can definatively say not for now! Good luck and God Bless to anyone who is tapering or going cold turkey. Just remember you too can do this!

Proud of you my friend! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Proud of you my friend! God bless.
    You have been instrumental in my sucess so thank you from the bottom and top of my heart! You are a wonderful person and I am indebted! God bless you and your wife. You both provide much needed wisdom, support, and kindness for which I am grateful! Thank you again, and I'm glad you feel better :-) Hope you have a wonderful afternoon!
    Bean222 likes this.

sookie3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunwithitall View Post
    Well it has been 20 days since my last dose (God it feels good to say that - my last dose!), and I feel great! I find that I am able to take pleasure in so many things that I have been just going through the motions with, and I love it. I shaved my legs today and for about 5 seconds, until I got goose bumps , loved the way my skin felt all nice and smooth. Later while I was sitting on the couch my youngest son came and sat next to me and touched my face and I almost cried because it was like I was feeling his tiny hand on me for the first time. Life is so beautiful and precious! I am happy to say I finally have mine back.

Sleep is returning to me slowly but surely, and it is truly a wonderful thing. A wise man once told me, “Stay positive and one morning you'll wake up realizing you actually slept and didn't pass out. That is when you are at the end of all this.” And positive I am a staying! Each day gets better and better, sweeter and sweeter!

I won't be so bold to say never again, afterall, never again is what I swore the time before, but I can definatively say not for now! Good luck and God Bless to anyone who is tapering or going cold turkey. Just remember you too can do this!
    Dunwithitall...thanks for posting this today.. It's brought tears to my eyes.
    I don't know why I'm feeling so flat and sad today ( well there's a few reasons) usually I'm better equiped to cope but I seem to have a crack in my armour today.
    I'm sooo pleased to hear life is good and getting better each day!
    You are so positive and thats so important, look forward to hearing more from you.
    My regards and kudos to you...Sookie
    Kiam87 and Robert_325 like this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sookie3 View Post
    Dunwithitall...thanks for posting this today.. It's brought tears to my eyes.
    I don't know why I'm feeling so flat and sad today ( well there's a few reasons) usually I'm better equiped to cope but I seem to have a crack in my armour today.
    I'm sooo pleased to hear life is good and getting better each day!
    You are so positive and thats so important, look forward to hearing more from you.
    My regards and kudos to you...Sookie
    Thank you Sookie for the kind response. I'm sorry you are/were feeling so down. Just keep telling yourself that this too shall pass. Temporary loss of coping skills is perfectly normal :-) recognizing the situation and how you go about "fixing" the problem is what counts. You are doing a great job!
    I am not usually an emotional person, but during parts of my taper and even when I stopped completely I cried for days at a time. My boyfriend kept asking me if I was pregnant becuase he has never seen me so emotional.
    I'm learning that it's perfectly normal to feel which is kinda new to me since I have been so numb for so long. It's wierd, but in a good way, and sometimes embarassing since I can't control my emotions yet (like when I'm listening to a song that touches me and either I get teary eyed or I get goose bumps on top of goose bumps and everyone around me is looking at me like what is wrong with you :-)) but I would rather let them in, feel them, and then process them later if I have to rather than not feeling anything at all. You are a strong person I can tell from your posts and you have a great attitude which makes a difference. You also have lots of people rooting for you and in your corner so you are not alone! And if there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask! I'm here for you and I'm proud of you!
    Robert_325 and sookie3 like this.

Anonymous Guest

Default Just a thought

I was thinking about writing a nursing care plan. There are three things you have to do in order to formulate a goal for your patient while keeping their well being in mind, and in order to be successful. The goal must be time measurable, realistic, and attainable. It’s so funny how hard formulating these three things can be. Putting a time frame on some things is impossible so a good rule of thumb is keeping it short. Some long term goals are measured in 20 minute increments while others are measured by the end of our 12 hour shift. It’s hard not to get ahead of yourself sometimes. And this is even truer when it comes to you. Also you have to realize that everyone is an individual so what worked on patient A probably won’t work on patient B since we are all so different. So you have to be realistic based on their history, overall health, and their frame of mind. Lastly it has to be attainable by that person. So telling a historic COPD patient that they are going go up and down the hall three times without having to stop and catch their breath is a little ridiculous.
    I found this funny because I now have 3 weeks clean and I have read stories of people who have tried to get clean, but wind up going back to their drug of choice because they don’t feel right or normal as many refer to it. I don’t know about them, but I’m pretty sure my normal is very different from other people’s normal. Normal is so individual. At first when I stopped my meds I felt very abnormal. And unpleasant! But I realized as the days passed and I was able to stop thinking about how I should feel or how someone else felt when they were where I was, I could let how I was feeling be my normal for that moment and it didn’t suck half as bad as what I thought. I am not a high energy person to begin with so lethargy is pretty normal for me. Now I just work at my own pace, walk at my own pace, and listen to my body. When I’m tired I rest. After all, when I think about this is not the hardest thing I have ever done.
    When I was younger, around age 12 or so, I started drinking and smoking cigarettes. By the latter part of 13 I was smoking pot everyday (even though I didn’t really like it – all my friends did it and you know how that goes), and eventually started using cocaine. I stopped using all drugs when I was 15 because my mother and father moved us to this God awful place out in the boonies and I didn’t know anybody. Boy did that change fast. I fell in with “druggie” crowd fast and before I knew it I was back on the fast track. Ecstasy was becoming popular so of course I tried it and fell in love. By the time I was 16 I got my ass beat by a man twice my size and he also raped me. My parents divorced and my mother moved us back to the city. I dabbled here and there, but was always able to stop when I had enough or didn’t have the money so I never considered myself and addict. When I was 19 I joined the military and graduated boot camp with honors. I put on 4 strips in 4 years and then got out. I found a job quickly and met my now ex-husband. We were married for 7 years during which he broke my arm, beat me up several times, held a knife to me and our newborn son, chocked me until I was unconscious, and threatened endlessly to kill me. I now have full custody of our two beautiful sons so I got the last laugh! And the reasons that make all that worth it. Needless to say once we got divorced I fell in love again only this time with roxy, oxy, Methadone, Adderall, and whatever else I could get my hands on. It all went down hill from there and about 4 years ago I started taking Suboxone. I changed my life, ditched all my old “friends”, and started a new life.
    I am now less than 6 months away from graduating school, and for the first time in almost 7 years I can say I am clean! I have a strong will, and as I think back on all the ???? I have done, whether it has been to myself or by someone else’s doing, I have been through tougher times and have prevailed each and every time. This time will be no different! If anyone out there reads this please know that we are all individuals, no two of us the same, so focusing on how another felt when they were where you are may bring nothing but disappointment and feelings of doubt. Try focusing on you, and take it slow. If you have to take a step back, well then do it - regroup, and press on. One day at a time works, and remember we didn’t get where we are now overnight so getting back to our normal won’t happen that way either Good luck to you all and God Bless! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Talking to my older, life is what you make it, and if you make it death well rest your soul – Andrew Wood (Mother Love Bone)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunwithitall View Post
    Thank you Sookie for the kind response. I'm sorry you are/were feeling so down. Just keep telling yourself that this too shall pass. Temporary loss of coping skills is perfectly normal :-) recognizing the situation and how you go about "fixing" the problem is what counts. You are doing a great job!
    I am not usually an emotional person, but during parts of my taper and even when I stopped completely I cried for days at a time. My boyfriend kept asking me if I was pregnant becuase he has never seen me so emotional.
    I'm learning that it's perfectly normal to feel which is kinda new to me since I have been so numb for so long. It's wierd, but in a good way, and sometimes embarassing since I can't control my emotions yet (like when I'm listening to a song that touches me and either I get teary eyed or I get goose bumps on top of goose bumps and everyone around me is looking at me like what is wrong with you :-)) but I would rather let them in, feel them, and then process them later if I have to rather than not feeling anything at all. You are a strong person I can tell from your posts and you have a great attitude which makes a difference. You also have lots of people rooting for you and in your corner so you are not alone! And if there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask! I'm here for you and I'm proud of you!
    Dunwithital......Such a beautiful statement!! I don't know where I'd be without you guys..This morning has been a little challenging following on from yesterday I guess.
    You are so supportive of me and that is priceless...I'm so glad you continue to post It's such a help for me at the moment you don't even know how much...Sob..
    You are a gem.....I wish I could hug you right now!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sookie3 View Post
    Dunwithital......Such a beautiful statement!! I don't know where I'd be without you guys..This morning has been a little challenging following on from yesterday I guess.
    You are so supportive of me and that is priceless...I'm so glad you continue to post It's such a help for me at the moment you don't even know how much...Sob..
    You are a gem.....I wish I could hug you right now!
    Mental hug!!!! And you are doing beautifully, just put one foot in front of the other and before you know it you will be running ;-) My thoughts and prayers are with you and if I can offer up any encouragement please don't hesitate to ask. Sometimes having someone else tell you it's going to be ok goes a long way, so I am here to tell you it is going to be more than ok! Your going to be more than ok! Keep it up Sookie!
    sookie3 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

WOW!

That is amazing and brought tears to my eyes! So proud of you! I am working with Robert and he is an amazing man and he is helping me so much! I trust him more than i may have trusted anyone in my life. He is really helping me through this and i too feel indebted to him! Thanks for all your encouragement and i think you have done a wonderful job. I want to be where you are. I am going through with this taper and it will not be long and i will be clean and sober. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THAT DAY!!!! God Bless

Anonymous Guest

Keep me posted on how the sleeping goes, it seems like everything is coming back right on time for you! Good Luck!

Buttercup79 is offline New Member

Amazing story! It must feel amazing to be where you are now -- congrats!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bean222 View Post
    WOW!

That is amazing and brought tears to my eyes! So proud of you! I am working with Robert and he is an amazing man and he is helping me so much! I trust him more than i may have trusted anyone in my life. He is really helping me through this and i too feel indebted to him! Thanks for all your encouragement and i think you have done a wonderful job. I want to be where you are. I am going through with this taper and it will not be long and i will be clean and sober. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THAT DAY!!!! God Bless
    Thank you for the positive response and the kind words. Just take it one day at a time and you will be here before you know it. Robert is wonderful and the service he provides is invaluable! Trust in yourself too becuase afterall you are the one doing the work while Robert is your guide. It's a beautiful process! Be proud of yourself as well, you are doing a fantastic job! Hope you have a wonderful day and God Bless!
    Bean222 likes this.

K_34 is offline New Member

Default Brand, BRAND new

we have A LOT of similarities! I LOVE this forum. have been following it for a while and was too afraid to join but finally did when I read what you wrote. It's so good to hear so many success stories written somewhere bc so many things you read just make you even more scared. I am currently tapering of suboxone and I can't wait to be done with this stuff. I hate it. I too have been on it for three years and am just so over it. I KNOW I can do this....it's just that fear thing that kinda starts to derail me but I know that is just what our brains do. It's crazy. This is like my dirty little secret. SO many ppl would be shocked if they knew I was taking this stuff. Reading all the different experiences that ppl on here write helps immensely Congrats on your accomplishment of getting done and thanks so much for posting your experience. Know that you have touched someone all the way out in california
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-30-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by K_34 View Post
    we have A LOT of similarities! I LOVE this forum. have been following it for a while and was too afraid to join but finally did when I read what you wrote. It's so good to hear so many success stories written somewhere bc so many things you read just make you even more scared. I am currently tapering of suboxone and I can't wait to be done with this ????. I hate it. I too have been on it for three years and am just so over it. I KNOW I can do this....it's just that fear thing that kinda starts to derail me but I know that is just what our brains do. It's crazy. This is like my dirty little secret. SO many ppl would be shocked if they knew I was taking this ????. Reading all the different experiences that ppl on here write helps immensely Congrats on your accomplishment of getting done and thanks so much for posting your experience. Know that you have touched someone all the way out in california

Welcome to the forum. You can do this too! Just post often, be honest with yourself and your commitment to be clean. Don't use no matter what .... there will obviously be temptations. Don't give in, but post BEFORE you ever use! Ask for help. Someone is always here to help. God bless.
    Bean222 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Smile

K,

So glad u posted. I am currently tapering as well and start my .95 dose tomorrow. Robert is wonderful and he has been helping me with this taper. I so understand the fear and no body knows about me as well but two people. Just try to stay positive amd keep yourself in a good mental frame of mind. If tapering properly you should e a success. Robert tells me that all the time. You will get a lot of support amd encouragement from this site. It's been such a blessing for me to read and have people comment to me. I am pulling for ya. You can do this. Keep your head up.

God Bless

Gina

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by K_34 View Post
    we have A LOT of similarities! I LOVE this forum. have been following it for a while and was too afraid to join but finally did when I read what you wrote. It's so good to hear so many success stories written somewhere bc so many things you read just make you even more scared. I am currently tapering of suboxone and I can't wait to be done with this stuff. I hate it. I too have been on it for three years and am just so over it. I KNOW I can do this....it's just that fear thing that kinda starts to derail me but I know that is just what our brains do. It's crazy. This is like my dirty little secret. SO many ppl would be shocked if they knew I was taking this stuff. Reading all the different experiences that ppl on here write helps immensely Congrats on your accomplishment of getting done and thanks so much for posting your experience. Know that you have touched someone all the way out in california
    K,

I'm very happy that you have decided to join, and just remember that no matter what you read anything you put your mind to and commit to is possible! Any time you feel alone just sign on and post, and you will realize that you have all the support you could ask for right here. My father told me once that compulsive self disclosure was never a good thing and it took me awhile to realize what he meant by that. I thought that if I couldn't share everything with the people around me, the one's that I was supposed to have this wonderful and all forgiving relationship with, well then I didn't need them if they couldn't handle it. I was wrong. My point is even if you don't have people around you that you can share your secrets with for fear of whatever there are people who care and can give you the support and guidance you need to be clean and live clean! Keep us posted on your taper, and good luck!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bean222 View Post
    K,

So glad u posted. I am currently tapering as well and start my .95 dose tomorrow. Robert is wonderful and he has been helping me with this taper. I so understand the fear and no body knows about me as well but two people. Just try to stay positive amd keep yourself in a good mental frame of mind. If tapering properly you should e a success. Robert tells me that all the time. You will get a lot of support amd encouragement from this site. It's been such a blessing for me to read and have people comment to me. I am pulling for ya. You can do this. Keep your head up.

God Bless

Gina
    Hey Gina,

Just wanted to let you know I'm pulling for you! I have been reading your posts and your doing great girl! Keep it up, your almost there! Hope you have a safe and happy new year! God Bless!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You can do this too! Just post often, be honest with yourself and your commitment to be clean. Don't use no matter what .... there will obviously be temptations. Don't give in, but post BEFORE you ever use! Ask for help. Someone is always here to help. God bless.
    Hey Robert,

Just wanted to let you know that it finally happened! I drifted off to sleep and slept and entire night last night! Wooohooo! I feel great for the most part. It has been 32 days since my last dose ;-) I still have lingering symptoms, but nothing I can't handle! I love it.... this is the first year in a long time where I get to make a true fresh start! Thank you for everything and I hope you and Melinda have a wonderful and blessed new year! God Bless!
    Denny_D likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Dun,

Thank you so much! that means more to me than you know. Just took my dose of .95, under 1mg!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I appreciate ll your support and encouragement! It means more to me than you know! Have a safe and Happy New Year also. God Bless
    Denny_D likes this.

jaypbarb666 is offline Member

For everyone here that is so scared to face their suboxone "withdrawal" this is a good story. Thanks for sharing that with us!

I got another one. Actually 2. First off, I got off it myself and can tell you it wasn't that bad. I was constantly a little chilly although a little sweaty, and I had trouble sleeping and restless legs. That was it. I only tapered down to .5mg for a while before jumping to 0 without skipping days or anything. It was mildly uncomfortable but everyone on suboxone likely knows how terrible withdrawals from short acting drugs are.

The second story is my friend. We both began using junior year of high school and continued for years. He was much worse than me though in terms of amount (by the way I'm talking >>>>>>). He was the kind of guy who shot 3-4 packs at a time many times per day. He couldn't get out of bed in the morning without shooting a large dose. Anyway, he eventually got caught and went to rehab. He did subs for a while but didn't take as many as his doctor gave him and ended up relapsing within weeks. He entered inpatient rehab, and this time lasted much longer, probably a year, before relapsing. He went to inpatient rehab a 2nd time, his 3rd in rehab overall, for the final time. This time he had to do it for himself as he had completely exhausted every possible source of money, legal and illegal, that he could.

Anyway he had been on and off of subs for years before stopping for good. His final stint on subs he stayed on them for about 2 years before stopping. He went from 16mg for a few months to 8mg for a few months, to 4mg for a few months and finally, yes finally, 2mg for a while. He jumped off from 2mg every single day for months and was absolutely fine. He was the heaviest user I ever knew, stayed on subs for years, and was taking 2mg of subs every single day. His only complaint was diarrhea, but he also told me he got the runs a lot even on suboxone just because he doesn't eat healthy foods at all. Other than that, no flu of death, zombie lethargy and insomnia for 6 months like some of the b.s. horror stories out there. Just stay positive, eat healthy, stay very hydrated, sleep when you can, try to exercise and take comfort knowing simply that if you tapered at all less than 2mg or were able to skip days of doses you will be free before you realize.
    sookie3 likes this.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Dear Jay, I think your story is really very positive and I'm glad you and your buddy were able to get off sub with little problems. That is wonderful. I have to take issue with one thing you said though. You mention "b.s. horror stories" and that, I think, is not fair at all. People are different and process w/d differently. People come here for help and if they feel "horrible", they mean it. It is not B.S. That does not mean they can't get off sub but I just think you can't belittle how someone else feels going through it.

Again, kudos to you and your friend on your successful tapers.
    Denny_D and sookie3 like this.

soundboy1 is offline Member

I personally am having terrible withdrawals from suboxone. 32 days later and still some lingering effects! That scares me. right now I'm on 2mgs a day for 2 more days then I move to 1.5. I am so ready to be done with this part of my life... And a question.... where should I post when I'm feeling tempted. There are a lot of narcotics in this house that I can't control and I definitely will get tempted when I'm off the subs...
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-02-2012 at 04:50 AM.

I'm not sure I understand soundboy..Do you mean you've been on subs for 32 days and have been withdrawing the whole time. What are the lingering effects?
    Sookie
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-02-2012 at 04:50 AM.

jaypbarb666 is offline Member

Well I guess I didn't have to say "bs horror stories" but I think a lot of people are highly exaggerating how bad their experience is while they are going through it and/or make things worse by thinking it will be worse. Just think of all the studies out there that have been done where a person was given placebo and yet it "worked" just cause the person believed it would - or the opposite which is when there were given an actual drug and it didn't work because they didn't believe it would. I really think a lot of people don't understand the power of the mind. Another thing I should point out is a lot of these people who say they hate suboxone are absolutely insane talking about how they take in 12 hours before and/or after doses of illegal narcotics to stay high. Well if you are doing that you deserve an unpleasant time.

I know the people on this forum aren't doing that because this forum is for getting and staying clean and not how to get high. But still, a lot of the stories out there about 4 month long withdrawals (which I will say actually is b.s.) and the like shouldn't be believed because it probably means the person didn't use subs properly. If you taper very slowly and stay positive and do everything right when you stop to stay healthy and happy then you should have minimal discomfort, and that minimal discomfort in nothing compared to what most of us have experienced at some point.

Ranger_2012 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaypbarb666 View Post
    Well I guess I didn't have to say "bs horror stories" but I think a lot of people are highly exaggerating how bad their experience is while they are going through it and/or make things worse by thinking it will be worse. Just think of all the studies out there that have been done where a person was given placebo and yet it "worked" just cause the person believed it would - or the opposite which is when there were given an actual drug and it didn't work because they didn't believe it would. I really think a lot of people don't understand the power of the mind. Another thing I should point out is a lot of these people who say they hate suboxone are absolutely insane talking about how they take in 12 hours before and/or after doses of illegal narcotics to stay high. Well if you are doing that you deserve an unpleasant time.

I know the people on this forum aren't doing that because this forum is for getting and staying clean and not how to get high. But still, a lot of the stories out there about 4 month long withdrawals (which I will say actually is b.s.) and the like shouldn't be believed because it probably means the person didn't use subs properly. If you taper very slowly and stay positive and do everything right when you stop to stay healthy and happy then you should have minimal discomfort, and that minimal discomfort in nothing compared to what most of us have experienced at some point.

Hey my experience is not exgerrated or what you say is BS.

First time I was taking suboxone for 2 years, inducted at 14mg and worked my way down to 4mg of subutex which I stayed on for most of the time.

I tapered what you say really slowly and I went really low to 0.125, actually even lower then that, I stayed there until I was stablised, well at least I thought I was stablised but anyway I tapered long enough and slow enough.

I STILL HAD withdrawals for 4 months and these horrible paws for a further 5 months. Altogether 9 depressing horrible months.

I relapsed again, went back to suboxone.

Stayed for 6 months, again did a slow taper and jumped from 0.1, couldnt get a accurate dose but it was the tiniest piece possible, same taper as my on my first stint.

AGAIN I was in HORRIBLE withdrawals for a long sickenng 4 months followed by 4 further months of paws, the worst part was the horrible sickening DEPRESSION. So please do not undermine us. Suboxone is EVIL, is the DEVIL. I did everything what I could have done. I could not do any more then a slow taper, I took my time and even had no desire to do opiates to help my withdrawals because I was dead set on getting off the sub yet I STILL suffered terribly for so many months.

I could not do anything. I went to the gym for 3 to 4 days a week and made NO DIFFERENCE, made me feel worse and am young healthy individual. So many guys have the exact same experience. I did not want to face the world or socialise.

There is no hiding from suboxone withdrawals and paws, man the extreme depression I got hit with was the MAJOR issue for me and many folks. You know I never been depressed prior to suboxone. When I was on opiates I always fixed myself up for in a matter of days, I never had paws from opiates like I had from suboxone or depression. I thought about suicide but not enough to actually do it if you know what I mean.

In my experience tapering doesnt make any significant difference, the half lives of this devil is still the same if you been on it for more then a 1 month. I so called properly tapered slowly, first time it took m 7 months from 4mg to 0, second time 5 months from 3 to 0 STILL had the same side affects.

Ranger_2012 is offline New Member

I also did methadone before suboxone and hand on heart that was NOT bad as suboxone. I was fine by 1 month from methadone, but suboxone is some next evil am telling ya folks STAY AWAY from suboxone. If you only been on it for a short while 2 weeks or 1 month then GET OFF NOW I BEG YOU.. Dont suffer. You can taper down as much as you want and slow as you want but for some people like me it doesnt make a difference, you will suffer withdrawals which are soooooo long and the horrible depression which comes with paws.

Am happy for those who claim they got off easily I really am, but many guys like me suffer and its HARD...My experience is REAL. All the withdrawals and paws were from suboxone. I switched to subutex at the lattar stages but like hell made any difference. I never experienced so long horrible symptoms for half a year like I did with subutex or suboxone.

Am sorry if this a downer but I felt I needed to give my experience so there is no misinformation and folks do not feel alone. Sad thing for me is I did not even wait to see if I feel get better, I just relapsed back on subutex and now methadone. Please do not undermine our experienced and stories. Horror stories are REAL. I really feel for the folks who have be on suboxone for over a year I really do. I do not know what to say.

I wish there was something to shorten miserably withdrawals and paws. I hope all yours experience is better then mines and you can get off. Am not even a chronic relapser, hell I was only on opiates for 2 years, what I would say on and off addiction but was never a typical junkie. I was working I was playing ball and had a very good uplifting social life, but the evil sub took that away from me took that away. I went to my doc and she said herself in her own words its all related to the suboxone. She made me scared one time by telling me suboxone can affect your liver enzymes which in turn make withdrawals long, which could be true, but all I know is so many go through what I went through..

Suboxone withdrawals last a very long time, look out of the miserable depression. DO NOT take any ADs they wont make an a bit of a difference because they were not made for sub related paws and depression. Seek alertnatives then suboxone people please. If there were more success stories then horror stories then you could be on to something but the fact of the matter is there are NOT. Most are horror stories.

Am a young health fit dude yet I suffered terribly, Lord knows how I would have coped if I jumped off from 2mg or higher, probably would not have made a difference, I did go off sub a few times from 3 mg and 0.5mg and couldnt breath I was exhausted only lasted 5 to 6 days but going off tiny doses I did not feel that much different, hell no way should withdrawals of any drug last for half a year or longer, not like I was on opiates for long or was on suboxone for long, the maximum was 2 years, still DO NOT be on i for long please take my advice.
    Last edited by Ranger_2012; 01-04-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Anonymous Guest

So,

What u r trying to tell people on her that are doing the suboxone taper is to just jump off at the dose that are at?????

Everyone is different and i am so sorry you had just a horrible struggle.

I just want to know what u r thinking? I have a wonderful guy who i follow is guidance and i am down to .70 on the subs and i feel very confident about it. I have had zero problems for the most part and within a few weeks i should be done. I am just curious what the message you are trying to get across.

I do hope u r better and things have fallen into place for you as we all want for our lives.

God Bless

Anonymous Guest

Dun,

Robert always tell me to stick to my thread because everyone is different. help me here on this person's last response????

It would make anyone tapering off subs nervous and i am under 1mg. I just friended you so i could write to you. U have gotten sober and i need your input!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast