• 1 Post By Tarheel23
PLz help i need advice on sub use Robert
    Tarheel23 is offline Member

Exclamation PLz help i need advice on sub use Robert

I last used thursday night at 9 pm
    started subs on friday night around 8pm
    Sat 2mg morning then 2mg at 8pm
    Sun 1 mg 7am then took oxy at 8pm
    now is monday morning at 9am and i just took 2 mg of subs i really want this i just nee some help !!
    God Bless and thank you !

P.S.
    my oxy use has been for a year starting at 10mg a day then 30 then 100 for last three months up to 260 last few weeks .

I also want to know since i messed up and took some oxycodone ... will that set me back since the subs should have been blocking it ?

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel23 View Post
    I also want to know since i messed up and took some oxycodone ... will that set me back since the subs should have been blocking it ?
    Hi Tarheel,

Welcome to the forum! You had a little mistake, but it doesn't sound too serious. Robert should be here soon and will advise you as to what you can do at this point. He is helping me with the subs and it's going great! Just listen closely to what he tells you and everything will work out fine! I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that you have come to the right place. You will get lots of support here. Nice to meet you and I'll be following along also. Take care and please be patient as Robert is very busy. Have a great day!

Hugs,
    Karen

Thank u so much I am so happy you replied i just want to do the right thing .

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Thank u so much I am so happy you replied i just want to do the right thing .
    You need to stop everything and let me induct you properly on the subs if you want to go the sub route. Here is a link to my protocol. Pay close attention to the INDUCTION section and look closely at the link in that section to the COWS worksheet for scoring your w/d symptoms prior to induction. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

i don't have much subs left, i waited 24hrs since my last dose of percocet to start the sub . do u think i even need to go the sub route since i have only take 60mg of oxycodone since thursday ? I have only taken around 8mg of sub since starting friday night as stated above . I am not trying to question as i know u have been so helpful to people . I just only have time and enough sub to use it for a couple more days maybe 10mg left.
    i know u don't agree with a really short term detox but since my use was short and relatively not to high for a long time i need a different route for maybe a few more days to just get past the worst of the withdrawals . As i posted above my short term sub use has been
    Fri night 9pm 24 hrs after last oxy dose 4mg
    sat moring 2mg then sat night 1.5mg
    sunday morning 1mg nothing sunday night except some oxycodone
    monday morning 2mg of sub

Sorry for second post but will i be withdrawing from a small amount of the sub or the percocet if i stop everything. i really would like to try a 4 -5 day detox . again aim not trying to question you i just don't have enough sub and am scared to death of subs

I always say to do a cold turkey first if you can. If you can do this and get it over in a matter of a few days successfully then you don't need subs. Good luck. God bless
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you so much for your response... will this be a cold turkey completely since i havent had much oxy since thursday ? am i at square one ? i just want to be prepared as much as possible . i have a full time job and family and was just trying a short term sub route......
    something like i have already done and then just stop ?

Thank you so much for your response... will this be a cold turkey completely since i havent had much oxy since thursday ? am i at square one ? i just want to be prepared as much as possible . i have a full time job and family and was just trying a short term sub route......
    something like i have already done and then just stop ?

You've used subs, then you took some oxy, then subs. I can't really put a name to that program calling it anything specific. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but you've got no business taking oxy while you're taking subs, now you're about out of subs. You can break them into little pieces and stretch it out several days if you want but I don't know exactly what kind of taper to call what you've done. Sorry I can't do better.

10 days clean !!!
    its tough but aim determind
    Robert_325 likes this.

now 12 days clean its been tough! my anxiety and depression is pretty hard!!!!
    I've been praying, exercising 2-3miles jogging every day but everything seems dull to me and its hard to stay motivated . how long does the depression usually last ? i know everyone is different but i don't every want to go back to where i was . Any advice is much appreciated .
    Last edited by Tarheel23; 07-04-2012 at 06:09 PM.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Keep on doing what you are doing. Drink plenty of fluids, stay active. Try some St. John's Wort for depression. Try to eat well. The depression will go away in its own time, as you build up clean time, you should feel better and better. 12 days off of subs and oxy isn't much clean time. So take it day by day and minute by minute and whatever you do, don't use. Post here, gripe, whatever you need to do to get stuff out! Stay well! You made it past the using part! That's not easy in itself. So, just Hang Tough!

Iloerose

PatrickB is offline Member

For me the depression lasted about 3 weeks give or take. Some lingering bad days. Hang in there, it will only get better.

Thanks everyone ! Its hard each day but way better than the alternative! i have a high stress and physical job(climbing trees) so the lethargy and motivation has been hard .
    Thank you all for the support !!!

Now fifteen days clean and its been hard but i am still determined ! i am curious ... you said don't even use one time ? i know that it would be playing with fire again but what would happen even taking a small dose say 20 mg (wich i have a script for for degenerative disc ) i know it wouldn't send me back into acute withdrawal but i just wanted to know from a medical standpoint how much it sets u back from healing at a small does , and also how many days of reg use at a small does would it take to get physically addicted again ?
    thnx and God Bless !

Now fifteen days clean and its been hard but i am still determined ! i am curious ... you said don't even use one time ? i know that it would be playing with fire again but what would happen even taking a small dose say 20 mg (wich i have a script for for degenerative disc ) i know it wouldn't send me back into acute withdrawal but i just wanted to know from a medical standpoint how much it sets u back from healing at a small does , and also how many days of reg use at a small does would it take to get physically addicted again ?
    thnx and God Bless !

I am not judging you, I won't do that. But on June 25, post #1 above, you said that, and I quote,"I last used thursday night at 9 pm, started subs on friday night around 8pm, Sat 2mg morning then 2mg at 8pm,
    Sun 1 mg 7am then took oxy at 8pm, now is monday morning at 9am and i just took 2 mg of subs i really want this i just nee some help !!" That was using oxy twice from Thursday through Sunday and that is NOT getting clean.

If you want some help leave the freakin oxy alone. That's the bottom line, but do as you choose. ONCE YOU'RE A PICKLE YOU CAN NEVER BE A CUCUMBER AGAIN!!! I won't comment on this any longer, it's your call if you want to be clean or not. Can't try to talk you into it on a weekly basis. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-07-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Sunny mom likes this.

Robert i am not trying to justify taking any meds but it has been 12 days clean from anything for me and I'm just trying to educate my self on what would happen if i did slip .... i am still trying with all that i have in me to do this ! The feelings of anxiety and depression are very difficult and i am doing the best i can , not trying to justify taking any .
    Thx for your support

thnx and God Bless !
    Once you have been an addict it is exactly playing with fire to think that you can even use 1 20mg. oxy. The saying 1 is too many and 1000 isn't enough is only too true. You are truly playing with fire if you think you can take just one occasionally, you'll soon find yourself not getting that "buzz" you were looking for and go "Hmmm. just this once I'll take one more". Escalation happens. It doesn't matter how many or how long. You can't use period. No sense even thinking about it. Hope you stay your course and make up your mind, as someone says: "how many more day 1's do you have in you?"

Peace,

Iloerose
    Sunny mom likes this.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iloerose View Post
    Once you have been an addict it is exactly playing with fire to think that you can even use 1 20mg. oxy. The saying 1 is too many and 1000 isn't enough is only too true. You are truly playing with fire if you think you can take just one occasionally, you'll soon find yourself not getting that "buzz" you were looking for and go "Hmmm. just this once I'll take one more". Escalation happens. It doesn't matter how many or how long. You can't use period. No sense even thinking about it. Hope you stay your course and make up your mind, as someone says: "how many more day 1's do you have in you?"

Peace,

Iloerose
    Hey Tarheel,

Iloerose gave you just about the best explanation and advice possible! I heard that saying my 2nd day at NA that 1 is too many and 1000 is never enough! And that makes perfect sense to me!

And what she says about you using or thinking of using just 1 single pill is right. That first pill will not give you the feeling you are looking for, so you will most likely think it's perfectly ok to try another one right then and there. And then it's game, set, and match! You're right back at it!

If you're going to all the trouble to get clean and change your life, then why even think about maybe using again??? Doesn't make any sense to me. Not judging you at all, it's just that this time I have been there.....and been there many times too! It's EXACTLY as Iloerose says it is!

12 days clean is absolutely great, but it certainly isn't enough time to consider maybe what would happen if you did "slip" again. There is no time to make that situation work if you REALLY want to remain clean. Think it over real carefully and please make the right decision. It's so clear if you have been reading some of the posts on this forum!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

I flushed those bastards !!!! Im just mentally struggling!!!
    Thank you all!
    Strong Desire likes this.

I flushed those bastards !!!! Im just mentally struggling!!!
    Thank you all!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! God bless!

Thank you guys i understand all of your points and advice, although taking one once in a while would not bring me back to square one it would just LEAD me right back to square one and allow me to make excuses until i was right back to where i was before.
    THANK YOU ALL AGAIN !!!!

Getting clean is just one step, and you've made it this far which is amazing! The next step is the mental one, and that's the tough one. Karen mentioned NA, you might want to look into a group like that to help you over the rough times. You can also always post here to get support. Just Hang Tough:

Peace,

Iloerose