Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes
Please i Need help getting off suboxone?

Default Please i Need help getting off suboxone?

Hello everyone im new to all of this I've never done anything like this or talked about my addiction to anyone I've Been addicted to pain pills since I was 17 years old I'm now 35 I've been in and out of rehab 8 times and on the 7 th time in rehab I stayed clean for 5 years until I went to my doc for the pain in my back so he prescribed me tramadol for the pain and didn't tell me that I would be hooked on them I told him I wanted a non narcotic because of my past and that's what he gave me and after 4 mon I was back in the same situation I was in before and back in rehab and after rehab again but this time I couldn't do it so I went to a sub doc and he put me on 16 mg a day and after 6 mon I went down to 12 mg and that's what I'm on now but some days I only take 8 mg but I want off all together I don't like how it makes me fill its made my hair fall out and I've put on a lot of pounds and now I fill dizzy all the time I'm so over it I want off ASAP and I heard of Robert325 and his taper but I can't find him on here an I would like his help I don't want to start the taper without his help so if anyone knows how to get a hold of him please let me know I would like to start the taper in march when my 4 girls are out of school for spring break so I'm asking if anyone can me please thank you.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Honeylove92077 View Post
    Hello everyone im new to all of this I've never done anything like this or talked about my addiction to anyone I've Been addicted to pain pills since I was 17 years old I'm now 35 I've been in and out of rehab 8 times and on the 7 th time in rehab I stayed clean for 5 years until I went to my doc for the pain in my back so he prescribed me tramadol for the pain and didn't tell me that I would be hooked on them I told him I wanted a non narcotic because of my past and that's what he gave me and after 4 mon I was back in the same situation I was in before and back in rehab and after rehab again but this time I couldn't do it so I went to a sub doc and he put me on 16 mg a day and after 6 mon I went down to 12 mg and that's what I'm on now but some days I only take 8 mg but I want off all together I don't like how it makes me fill its made my hair fall out and I've put on a lot of pounds and now I fill dizzy all the time I'm so over it I want off ASAP and I heard of Robert325 and his taper but I can't find him on here an I would like his help I don't want to start the taper without his help so if anyone knows how to get a hold of him please let me know I would like to start the taper in march when my 4 girls are out of school for spring break so I'm asking if anyone can me please thank you.
    Welcom to the forum Honey.Robert has retired but theres plenty of people here that can help you with a sub taper. I have been off suboxone a little over 2 months now and was able to wean off using roberts taper plan. It calls for a reduction of 25% every 4 days. 4 days is not set in stone. I myself reduced mostly every 6 days but that was just me. Other people will help you along as there are plenty of careing people on this site who will be glad to share with you. Post back please what your current dose use is at now and then we can get you started on a taper plan.
    Alex
    Honeylove92077 and Kikker like this.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

welcome to the forum. Robert 325 has retired and has not been around for a while now, but most everyone here uses his sub therapy plan. i will give u the link to it below.....

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

u have done a great job reducing the dose, but u certainly need to keep reducing it further. the less sub u take the better u will begin feeling. click on the link and read the plan over carefully. i would be glad to help u and so would lots of others here that are all familiar with the plan and have used it themselves as i have also.

the 8 mg ur on now SOME days is still a very high dose of sub as it's extremely strong and powerful. u could reduce that 8 mg dose by 25% right away to 6 mg and that is still plenty of sub to be taking. it's also very important to be taking the same amount of sub at the same time each day. u need to get the dose real steady at this point. don't be jumping around and taking different doses one day to the next.

keep posting ur progress and ask any questions u may have. i wouldn't wait til March to begin the taper, i would begin it right now. i promise u will not even feel the dose reduction to 6 mg at this point.
    Honeylove92077 and alexnt like this.

My daily dose is 12mg on some days I would take 8mg but yesterday i said to my self Im just going to do it I starter taking only 8mg and today I will do the same so i need to take them at the same time every day if I take 4mg at 5:30 am what time do I take the other 4mg. Im just so afraid because my life is just so busy I have 4 girls 3 of them are in school and I drive them 30 min away from my house do to we're I live and schools suck around here and my oldest daughter just had a baby I take care of my mom a lot and I am just worried I won't be able to do what I need to do on a daily bases but i want off this stuff so badly and thanks for replying back

u will be able to do anything u want on 2, 3, 4 mg of sub that u can at 8, 10, 12 or more mg of sub. that's a fact many have found out after they had gotten their dose lower. it's basically just a waste of sub, and money, to take doses that are so high. it is just not needed by anyone.

it's great that u want to reduce to 8 mg right away. i bet u will not even feel the reduction and if u do it's just a mental thing, or head games on the part of ur mind and body. u want to be taking the doses about 8 hours apart from each other. if u take 4 mg at 5:30 am then take the other 4 mg about 1:30 in the early afternoon. by taking the sub at the same time and amounts each day keeps a steady flow of sub in ur system at all times.

like i said before the LOWER u get in dose the BETTER u will begin feeling. i hope u read thru that sub therapy plan that was written by Robert 325. all the info u need is contained in that plan. once u get to 8 mg each day remain there for 4 days or so and then reduce again by 25% down to 6 mg of sub. listen to ur body and it will always let u know when it's time to reduce. everyone is different and some people may need more than 4 days on each dose. some like Alex took about 6 days on each dose before reducing, and i have heard of some that may need only 3-4 days before reducing. u will know when it's time.

don't go too fast, but don't get "lazy" in reducing, or become too complacenent either. u want a slow, steady, controlled taper. and ALWAYS remember that ur getting off drugs and it's NOT suppose to be extremely easy or a cakewalk. u SHOULD be feeling a few minor symptoms as u reduce the dose. those symptoms IF u have any, should be well handled by u. be positive as u possibly can be at all times.

u sound very commited to the program and seem to want to be clean and that is exactly what it takes to be successful. u have to WANT THIS more than anything else. u can do this like hundreds, perhaps thousands have done before u. keep posting ur progress. use this thread as ur journal to document the progress u make. hopefully others will jump in here and offer other suggestions and support.

sorry this is so long but i want u to understand that the dose ur on is too high and u need to be reducing immediately. ur gonna do great if u stick to the plan. click on the link, print it out if necessary and read it a few times. like i said, it's all there what u need to do. take care and have a great day.

Thank you kikker for your support and I will keep posting my progress thank you

And thank you to Alex

And thank you to Alex
    You are more then welcome Honey. As you start to taper here are a some things that you might want to consider taking and also doing along the way. I took the following as i tapered off. A multi vitamin daily along with extra potassium balanced b vitamin complex and L-tyrosine with b6 in it. Also i dont know how much excersize you get daily but adding even a little extra excersize daily will pay off in the long run.It looks like you have your hands pretty well full with 4 kids and your mom but even a 12 minute walk a day if possible would help. As hard as it is to explain people actually start feeling better as they lower there doses. I think i can recall Robert as stating that the highest amount of suboxone he ever inducted at was at 6 mg and that was a rarity. He inducted literally i would guess over 1000 people thru the years here and it was at levels of 4mg tops usually and many many more at lower levels then that. Almost all Drs over prescribe it and most i beleive are totally clueless about it. Not even a hard core >>>>>>e user of many years needs 16 mg a day of suboxone. Im no sub expert by any means but i can tell you i have spent literally hundred of hours readin threads of people on being put on suboxone and it is just as clear as day it is over prescribed. I told you i used the 6 day schedule but a few of my drops were just spent on 4 day doses befor dropping and i was fine with those. I actully got stuck on the 6 day drops when i reached the 2.66 dose and stayed there at 6 days thru rest my taper. If your at 8 mg a day right now then your next drop will be to 6mg followed by 4.5. Im betting you will be feeling better at 4.5 a day as you are feeling at 8 mg. And will continue to feel better as you get even lower. My best wishes to you Honey and please keep posting daily as how things are going with you. You may not understand this at the moment but by trying to help you you yourself will be helping me even though ive been off suboxone for over 2 monts ago. Talk with you agaian Honey.
    Alex

Thanks alex for taking the time to talk to me because my husband doesn't understand how hard it is to get off this stuff or any other thing and don't he understand my addiction he thinks I should just be able to stop so I don't talk to him about it the only person I can talk to is my mom because she understands she's been on methadone for 13 years now so she knows what he'll this stuff is and it fills good to have someone else to take to and to help me get through this because I started filling like I had no way out until I found this site and know there is hope and the fact that you have done the taper it makes me fill a lot better.and one quick question can I just go from 8 mg strate to 6mg or would that hurt me because I just want off the subs ASAP.

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

Thanks alex for taking the time to talk to me because my husband doesn't understand how hard it is to get off this stuff or any other thing and don't he understand my addiction he thinks I should just be able to stop so I don't talk to him about it the only person I can talk to is my mom because she understands she's been on methadone for 13 years now so she knows what he'll this stuff is and it fills good to have someone else to take to and to help me get through this because I started filling like I had no way out until I found this site and know there is hope and the fact that you have done the taper it makes me fill a lot better.and one quick question can I just go from 8 mg strate to 6mg or would that hurt me because I just want off the subs ASAP.
    Ok, first off, that was the longest sentence that I have ever read..I kid, I kid...

You should be able to go to 6mgs from 8mgs. That should be very little discomfort for you, but everybody is different....

Everytime you reduce, you are getting closer to the ultimate prize...

I too had to do it without the support of my spouse. I went from 32mgs a day, to clean and making the jump in about 5-6 weeks. You don't have to rush it (take your time), but reducing is what brings in the light at the end of the tunnel. It can be done, and if you want it bad enough, it will be done...

Good luck to you. I'll follow your progress and try to help out in any way that I can..

-Buck

Thank you buck its good to know there are still good people in this world that are willing to help others.

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

Thank you buck its good to know there are still good people in this world that are willing to help others.
    It can be extremely tough to go through this without a support system at home, but I'm living proof that it can be done...

I'm really busy too, I have a boy that just turned 3, a 1 year old crazy little girl, and another baby on the way in about 2 months...

It's not easy, but if you want it bad enough, you can beat this..

I'm on day 41 or 42..

6 weeks tomorrow!

Stay strong and join me on the flip side of this...

-Buck

Thank you kikker for your support and I will keep posting my progress thank you
    u are very welcome. the thing about this forum is the fact that nearly everyone here has been where u are right now at one time or another and truly understands just how it is. not everyone has used subs of course, but nearly everyone has come here with addcition problems and needs help or support that they just can't get at home. it is a great place to vent ur frustrations, ask questions, and have someone that really understands what ur going thru get right back to u. at most any time night or day there is someone available to chat with. u just can't get that kind of help any where else.

there are many members that have lots of experience with subs. Buck and Alex are two of them. they both have excellent insight about subs and can be of great help to u at any time as u go thru the experience. i have used them myself several times in fact. got clean and relapsed. that repeated a few times as i just didn't "want it" bad enough. had over 4 years clean and relapsed for one week. knew i had to stop for good. never stopped going to NA/AA , but got heavily involved in the meetings and have now been completely clean since Oct. 2012. that one week relapse cost me nearly 5 years clean time and i know i'm just one pill away from putting myself right back to day one. never want to go thru that again.....ever!

anyway we're happy ur here. let Buck, Alex, myself, or any other member know how we can be of help. ask any questions u have at any time. or just get on here and post away any thoughts u may be having at the time. it really does help to get all of it out and down so u can see how u progress thru this stage.

good luck and i'll keep checking for any udates u may provide.

Yes Honey your next drop would be straight from 8 mg to 6mg. Just make sure you are comfortable at 8 mg befor dropping to 6 mg. I know you want off ASAP but please dont rush this. A slow steady wean to down to a low dose is how this will work best. Youve spent 18 years of your life being an addict and have been in and out of treatment centers.Whats 3 more months compared to all those years. By doing this the rite way im just guessing it will take about 3 months total. Might be a little less or maybe a little more. But if you do this rite the first time you will never have to do it agaian and the end result will be quite a reward. Best wishes and keep posting your process.
    Alex
    Honeylove92077 likes this.

I take the strips is that the same as doing it with the pill just asking because my doc had me 1/2 strip 3x a day. I thank I am cutting them right I'm cutting them in = parts this is how I'm doing it please let me no if I'm doing it wrong I've pree cut them for the amount I need each day I've cut 1 8mg in to 4 parts to make 2mg strips to make it easer to taper so I can take 3 parts to make 6mg then after 4 days take 2 to make 4mg then after that I don't know if I take 2mg or will that b to much please let me know I don't want to mess this up and by the way my name is Felicia.

yup, ur cutting them right Felicia. if u keep cutting the strips into halves u can get almost any dose u will be needing by doing it that way.

and the dosing schedule of reducing by 25% each time would be....

8 mg...
    6 mg...
    4.5 mg...
    3.375 mg...
    2.50 mg...
    1.875 mg...
    1.40 mg...
    1 mg...
    .75 mg...
    .60 mg...
    .50 mg...
    .375 mg...
    .25 mg...
    if u go lower...
    .187 mg...
    .14 mg...
    .10 mg...

some of the doses have been "rounded off" to make it easier which is perfectly ok to do. this is a 25% taper as per the plan and u don't want to be skipping over any of the doses in the schedule.

when u get to .25 mg u can either jump from there, reduce lower, or begin a day skipping process where u dose and skip 1, 2, 3, and 4 days and ur finsihed. up to u at that point and we can discuss it further when u get there.

just keep doing what ur doing. seems to be going well for u. if ur completely stable on the 8 mg after 4 days then go ahead and reduce down to 6 mg. if ur NOT stable after 4 days then go ahead and give it another day or two and see how u feel then. point is to reduce only when ur fully ready to do so. not too fast as it's no race like the others have said. but don't get too complacent on each dose either. listen to ur body.

and like i told u earlier, ur getting off strong drugs so u should be feeling a little minor symptoms as u reduce. but ur getting ur life back so the trade-off should be well worth it. have a great day.

Sorry to keep bothering u about the dose but how do I cut the strips into (4.5mg)(3.375mg(2.50mg)(1.875mg)(1.40mg)(.60mg)(.5 0mg)(.375mg)(.25mg)and if I go lower (.187mg)(.14mg)(.10mg) I would add it but I'm not that good with math and I want to do everything the write way.
    Felicia.

i was just giving u the 25% dose reductions all the way down as u reduce each time. u go from 8 mg to 6 mg to 4.5 mg and so on. u don't have to worry about that right now Felicia. it's really easy to get each dose cut when u need it and i or someone else will always let u know how to cut it when the time gets here ok. just relax for now and concentrate on getting stable on the 8 mg for now.

oh and ur NEVER bothering me or anyone else for that matter. that's what the forum is for, to ask as many questions as u need to ask. never worry about that. always happy to help in any way i can.

Thanks I will do that I'm just a worry wart I guess I think I should know everything all at once but I will focus on what I no and the rest when the time comes thank u so much.
    Felicia.

JayOmatic is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    welcome to the forum. Robert 325 has retired and has not been around for a while now, but most everyone here uses his sub therapy plan. i will give u the link to it below.....

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

u have done a great job reducing the dose, but u certainly need to keep reducing it further. the less sub u take the better u will begin feeling. click on the link and read the plan over carefully. i would be glad to help u and so would lots of others here that are all familiar with the plan and have used it themselves as i have also.

the 8 mg ur on now SOME days is still a very high dose of sub as it's extremely strong and powerful. u could reduce that 8 mg dose by 25% right away to 6 mg and that is still plenty of sub to be taking. it's also very important to be taking the same amount of sub at the same time each day. u need to get the dose real steady at this point. don't be jumping around and taking different doses one day to the next.

keep posting ur progress and ask any questions u may have. i wouldn't wait til March to begin the taper, i would begin it right now. i promise u will not even feel the dose reduction to 6 mg at this point.
    I can agree with not jumping around changeing your dose times or amounts. I was a mess by doing this...really dont mess about with dosses....take yur time. No need to wait till some spring break week as that 1 week meens nothing really...its gonna take a while. Trust the people here...they have been there.....some a few times so just make the decision and do it and welcome the help here. I am on day what 6 or 7 since I quit......I will make it and so will you! Just follow the plan.

I hope it goes well for you....and also wish you a speedy recovery and painless tapper. I will pray for you Honeylove..right now.

Jay

JayOmatic is offline Member

Look here at post #6....it has a pic of how to cut the sub strips.

Jay

http://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-...per-62547.html

Well I'm dropping to 6 mg today I think if I stay buzzy I won't fill the change I think if you sit and wait for symptom to come you start to think you are having them and really your not are mind will play tricks on us if we let it so I'm not going to let it I hope today is a good day.

ur exactly right Felicia. staying as busy as possible is key in this. don't sit around and overthink the situation. take ur dose for the day and forget about it. the mind is very powerful and u can make urself believe all kinds of things. by remaining as positive as possible while u go thru this gives u the very best chance for success.

i personally don't believe u will even feel the drop to 6 mg. that is still a very hefty dose of sub. people just don't realize how strong this drug really is. u'll find that out when u get to the tiny doses of the taper. u will find that very small amounts under 1 mg will hold u from withdrawing. it's very powerful stuff....

take 3 mg am and again the the pm like u have been doing. don't rush it now and make certain u are stable on the 6 mg BEFORE u reduce again. if u go to fast and taper because u want off it so bad it's possible u will have problems all the way down in dose reductions. don't want that to happen so take it slow and easy, but steady.

ur doing great. u have a plan now and all u have to do is follow it. take care and have a great day.

I won't taper to fast i promos you that I don't want to be sick no time soon so I will follow the taper plan to a T and if I fill that I'm not stable i won't go down until I am. I'm just thankful that I finally have people who I can talk to about all this and that I found this site I fill so relieved that now I can do this on my own with with the help of you guys because I never want to go to another rehab center and leave my kids again I would rather be at home with my family.
    alexnt likes this.

Felicia im glad to see you plan on following the taper plan to a T. Sounds like you have a good game plan here by saying if you dont feel stable you wont drop. Your dropping from 8 to 6 and that was a drop that really sticks out in my drops and heres why i remember that one. Like yourself i had very little outside support. I kept my addiction secret to almost everyone. I had years of alcohol abuse and that was well known by everyone. I lost track of how many treatment centers detox centers hospital stays etc because of alcohol. I finally quit drinking in Nov 2005 and have never had a drink since. Alcohol was DOC for many years but i also used other drugs since 1970. My opiate use was recreationally at first then became more frequent as time went by then i crossed the line and at some point in 2007 or 2008 it became everyday use. So while everyone was patting me on the back and telling me what a great job i was doing staying sober i was living a big lie. I ended up at the methadone clinic in Aug and was put on suboxone. I have no insurance so it was all pay out of my pocket. I had done some reading on suboxne prior to my first visit to the clinic so my plan was get as much as i could and wean off of it. The reason i remember the 8 to 6 drop so well is because i had built up a stash of suboxone and the day i dropped to 6 was the last day i ever had to go back to the clinic and i knew i had enough to not have to go back. I was so happy to know i didnt have to go back there and risk having someone see me there. I also recall that my drop from 8 to 6 was very smooth. Didnt notice it at all as all my drops from there out went smooth. I wish i could guarantee you 100% that this will be the same that happens with you. But i cant 100% guarantee anybody anything. But i am almost certaian that you will find dropping from 8 to 6 no problem. Ive read hundreds and hundreds of thread of people weaning off suboxone. Mostly from what ive gathered is almost everyone using Roberts taper plan and not dropping till there stable at current dose befor dropping have very minor problems or no problems while dropping down to 1 mg. Some people when they get below 1 mg a day seem to run into little roadblocks at like .50 a day and have to slow down there taper at real small amounts. Others dont have any problem at small amounts. But thats way down the road for now. Just like Kikker mentioned dont sit around and overthink. When i was dropping >> just dose for the day and go about my buisness as usual and never did i feel any different. Im glad you came across this site Felicia because by being able to share here you will find that it will be very helpful to you as you go along. You dont have to do this byself now because you have friends now here that are here to help you along. Hope you have a nice weekend and i will talk with u later.
    Alex

Thanks Alex I know I'm a very strong person when I was 17 i took every pain pill there was out there at that time and when I was 19 I quit cold turkey I went through he'll but I did it and I did it again when I was 27 but that time with the help of a rehab center I couldn't do cold turke that time because I had 4 girls to take care of but the first time I did it I only had 2 and they didn't go to school or any of that stuff so I no I can do it now I have faith in my self I can do anything if I put my mine to it and with the help of you guys on here so thanks to all of you and I will talk to you later.

I was needing to ask a question I was supposed to take my dose of 6mg at 5:30 this morning but over sleep an I took it at 10:00 is that ok or what should I do

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

Hi, Felicia, just read your thread. It sounds like you are at 6mg.i once a day. It's o.k. that you took it later than normal, so don't panic. Just take your usual dose at the usual time tomorrow. Subs are strong opiates and have long half life, so that little bit of time should not make any difference at all. Let me know if I'm not correct that you are taking 6 mg. once a day at 5:30 am.

You are doing well and will beat this thing, you've to great people helping you: Alex and kikker.

Peace,

Iloerose

Thank u Iloerose for your support we'll I'm taking 6mg a day 4mg at 5:30 am and 2mg 1:30 pm and I was worried if I took it at a deffernt time it would mess my whole taper and by the way I'm filling ok on 6mg at this point and I hope it stays this way praying that it does thank you all

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

You are going to be fine. Right now you are on a high enough dose and with the long half-life of the subs, a few hours do not matter. I'd druther see you on a three and three farther apart, but if it's working for you, then fine. Did you take your 1:30 dose? If you are late with one dose, just do the other at your same time. I'm glad you're feeling o.k. As they say, this too shall pass. You are going to do this once and do it right, so no worries. You've got the best in your corner so far. I'm sure alex and kikker and buck will check on you as well. You will get lots of support. I'm rooting for this to be your last time ever. No more pills! Just keep your eyes on the prize and you will be just fine. And you're welcome. That's what we do here help people get clean by seeing that they can do this: the reward? Someone free from pills. Hang tough.

Peace,

Iloerose

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast