Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Paging robert_325
    Anonymous Guest

Default Paging robert_325

Hello,

My husband has been addicted to suboxone for years. He wants to get off them. He was taking roughly 3-4 mg a day(not really sure because he was cutting up the pill and it would crumble) Recently he went to a local suboxone clinic because I didn't know where else to call and they prescribed him the 8 mg film strips, but they want him to take 2 strips a day(one day and one at night). He thought that was insane to make himself addicted to a higher dose and was afraid the process would be even longer and he wouldnt get off them because they want to take a long taper process. So he immediately began cutting the strips into 1 mg pieces and taking a pieces when he felt bad, and he has spend the last 5 days trying to get adjusted to the film strips and says he feels ok for the last 3 days at 2mg durig the day and 1 mg piece in the evening(he said it helps his leg cramps and helps him sleep). Do you recommend that he takes this twice a day or take 3 mg once a day and taper from there. I was all for the clinic because he said he wanted a doctor to help him do it right but when they told him to take 2 a day and this would be a long process, he started cutting and said he can get off himself just like he did with all the other drugs he took 10 years ago. He's been clean from them for 10 years, but after a surgery he got addicted to the pain killers, which is why they prescribed him suboxone, and here we are. I don't know how to help me, or what to recommend. I have been reading alot of your posts and other sites and thank you for being so driven to help others. I just want to be the biggest support system for my husband. But I also dont want to the be one who doesnt understand beacuse I've never been addicted to anything. What would you recommend as a plan for tapering for us?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Here is how I do the whole process. It really helps if I can induct him myself. Will be away from the forum for a while today, back later today. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Here is how I do the whole process. It really helps if I can induct him myself. Will be away from the forum for a while today, back later today. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

yes please induct him yourself! He will be on after work today to check and follow through. Thank you! Thank you!

Anonymous Guest

Hello, I haven't taken anything since yesterday. I am definitely going through withdrawal. Now im just waiting to score myself again on that chart.

Anonymous Guest

I was at 26 on the chart so I took .5 mg at 7:40am and Im going to try and wait 2 hours before i take another piece.

Quote Originally Posted by p.bucuren View Post
    I was at 26 on the chart so I took .5 mg at 7:40am and Im going to try and wait 2 hours before i take another piece.

That is perfect. I hadn't slept the last couple nights and finally got some sleep last night, just woke up. It's almost 8:00 here. Let me know how you feel before dosing again. We want to keep you at the lowest dose possible. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Glad you got some sleep finally then! I took a tylenol PM last night and it helped me a good bit considering the circumstances. It's been almost 2 hours and i feel terrible. I am sweaty, and my nose is running, I feel jittery almost like im going to jump out of my body. My stomach feels like its in a knot. 10 min i cant take the next .5 piece or is it ok to take now?

Glad you got some sleep finally then! I took a tylenol PM last night and it helped me a good bit considering the circumstances. It's been almost 2 hours and i feel terrible. I am sweaty, and my nose is running, I feel jittery almost like im going to jump out of my body. My stomach feels like its in a knot. 10 min i cant take the next .5 piece or is it ok to take now?

Give it another 30 minutes and post back to me. You could have taken that first dose too soon as we tend to cut ourselves slack when we score ourselves on the COWS worksheet. I want to be sure you are not putting yourself into precipitated w/d. That .5mg dose will be easy to overcome if you took it too soon, but if you add more it will be much more difficult to overcome. I'll look for your reply in a little while. Hang tight with me and we'll do this right I promise. I NEVER blow an induction! God bless.

Anonymous Guest

I ate breakfast even though i didn't want to eat at all. I feel shaky and I need more and i just feel sluggish and sick
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-06-2012 at 10:19 AM.

I ate breakfast even though i didn't want to eat at all. I feel shaky and I need more and i just feel sluggish and sick

Just make sure you were IN FACT a 26 on that COWS worksheet. If you go into precipitated w/d it's hard to help you. Go ahead and take 1mg, wait a couple hours and post back to me. If you've done this right you should start feeling better soon. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Just make sure you were IN FACT a 26 on that COWS worksheet. If you go into precipitated w/d it's hard to help you. Go ahead and take 1mg, wait a couple hours and post back to me. If you've done this right you should start feeling better soon. God bless.
    will do. Thank you!
    Robert_325 likes this.

will do. Thank you!

I know it's only been an hour since the last dose but I have some things I have to do. Tell me how you're doing at this point please! Want to make sure we don't need to make any adjustments. God bless.

I am about to leave for a bit. Will check back on you within the hour. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

I am about to leave for a bit. Will check back on you within the hour. God bless.
    I was feeling really good actually and just this past 15 minutes or so I've started to feel hot and an uneasy if that makes any sense. I dont feel like im edgy or ready to jump out of my skin so I think I can hold off a little longer until another dose.

See that is what I was concerned about with you REALLY being a 26 on that COWS worksheet. There is NO room for error on that deal, you don't just decide you're ready, you have to be at the right score or it's problems every time. That's why I emphasize it SOOO strongly. Don't take ANYTHING else until we talk. Give me reply back in thirty minutes and give me an update. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

See that is what I was concerned about with you REALLY being a 26 on that COWS worksheet. There is NO room for error on that deal, you don't just decide you're ready, you have to be at the right score or it's problems every time. That's why I emphasize it SOOO strongly. Don't take ANYTHING else until we talk. Give me reply back in thirty minutes and give me an update. God bless.
    I feel the same, not worse and not better.

I feel the same, not worse and not better.

Go ahead and take .5mg again. Then wait a good couple hours. If you were going into precipitated w/d you would be feeling it by now, but I still want to keep these doses small and considerable time between them so you don't have problems. Trust me, I'm looking out for your best interests!

Reply back to me in a couple hours again. Some people take a little longer to induct properly and you could be one of them. It doesn't mean you'll have problems, I just want to take it slowly to prevent any problems for you. We will have you stable today, I promise that, just bear with me and be naive enough to do what I ask. Talk in a little while, have some yard work to do and I'll be back. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Go ahead and take .5mg again. Then wait a good couple hours. If you were going into precipitated w/d you would be feeling it by now, but I still want to keep these doses small and considerable time between them so you don't have problems. Trust me, I'm looking out for your best interests!

Reply back to me in a couple hours again. Some people take a little longer to induct properly and you could be one of them. It doesn't mean you'll have problems, I just want to take it slowly to prevent any problems for you. We will have you stable today, I promise that, just bear with me and be naive enough to do what I ask. Talk in a little while, have some yard work to do and I'll be back. God bless.

Ok, taking the .5 now. Will check back in about 1 hour and 45 mins to let you know my status.. I leave work in 2 hours.

Enjoy your yard!

Anonymous Guest

Ok, taking the .5 now. Will check back in about 1 hour and 45 mins to let you know my status.. I leave work in 2 hours.

Enjoy your yard!
    I know it hasnt been a full 2 hours but Im feeling good right right now and just wanted to post an update because I am going to be leaving work in a half hour. And will have to post later from my phone until I get home to my computer.

Anonymous Guest

I know it hasnt been a full 2 hours but Im feeling good right right now and just wanted to post an update because I am going to be leaving work in a half hour. And will have to post later from my phone until I get home to my computer.

If I start to not feel right anymore, do you suggest that i take .5 next time and wait a couple hours again or just take 1 mg and let that be it for the night?

If I start to not feel right anymore, do you suggest that i take .5 next time and wait a couple hours again or just take 1 mg and let that be it for the night?

So how much total have you taken today? Remember that was all during the day, so you'll likely need another dose tonight. Tell me exactly what you've taken so far today and then I'll let you know what to do tonight and first thing in the morning. You've done well! I am very pleased so far. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

So how much total have you taken today? Remember that was all during the day, so you'll likely need another dose tonight. Tell me exactly what you've taken so far today and then I'll let you know what to do tonight and first thing in the morning. You've done well! I am very pleased so far. God bless.
    I have taken a total of 2Mg today

Anonymous Guest

I have taken a total of 2Mg today
    I want to take more. I hope to hear from you soon

Molly Azbell is offline New Member

I'm looking for Robert_325 to answer me back. I have been off Suboxone for over a week. The only thing I had to relieve the withdrawals was pot and prayer. My whole body is just wretched from all the nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. This is my first opiate withdrawal, as I just got it in my head that I'm too old for this. I'm done, I'm really done. I followed your prior to another individual. I've had no Tylenol, Advil or anything else that might hinder my getting where I need to be. It has been over a week and I'm still unable to function. My current symptoms are cramps, lethargy and just a complete lack of motivation. My husband is 4 days behind me just starting to get sick. He had a graduation to attend, so he had to be dosed after me for functioning purposes. How can where I need to be so I can take care of him? I'm looking for expertise and support. My name is Molly. Thanks

Anonymous Guest

Hang in there Molly he should be here soon. Robert I took another .5

Anonymous Guest

I still feel ok!

I still feel ok!
    Try to ride it out at that that dose, you can always take 1mg more if you have to. Take 2mg again in the morning and let' see how you feel then. Keep me posted. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

Try to ride it out at that that dose, you can always take 1mg more if you have to. Take 2mg again in the morning and let' see how you feel then. Keep me posted. God bless.
    Will do. I feel good though. Hopefully I make it through the night withoutanother dose but I will let you know. Shower and bedtime for me. Night Robert. Thank you again.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Molly Azbell is offline New Member

Robert_325, I know you're busy. I have seen what you have done for others and would gladly accept support as well as any suggestions you might have. I have followed you you enough to know how to score myself on COWS. I've had no Tylenol, Advil or any other pain relief. I have smoked pot for the nausea. I took Melatonin with some benefit for rest. It's been a week and I'm still sick. Why? I have no access to xanax. Stuff like that is hard to get in my little town. I've been trying to go as au natural as possible. I'm getting sick of being so tired and miserable and cranky. My bones are cold and it feels like my head weighs a ton. What's wrong with me. I have gone through symptoms I've not heard. Two days ago, I thought my eyeballs could pop from the pressure behind them. I had the worst migraine of my life the next day. My headache is gone, but I wouldn't want to be around me. I am miserable and irritable. How much longer til I feel better? If I hadn't read and researched so much, I wouldn't be bothering a stranger. However, you're a stranger to whom I've given my trust. Oh, and my addiction is your specialty, Suboxone. Thanks for any support.

Anonymous Guest

Whoo hoo I made it all night with that last dose of .5 around 7:30pm. I am not sure if i was having trouble during the day yesterday because i was at work and thinking about it all day, but after work I went to a new store and walked around to kill time, and drove around and visited some family members. I felt off but still ok. I dont know if it was because my mind was off things and I was keping busy I was able to go all evening with .5 mg or because i didn't have any on me to take while i was out and about. I actually didn't fall asleep until about midnight cause I was watching tv and talking with my wife, but I did sleep all night without the help of tylenol pm. I woke up this morning really tired, little leg and stomach cramps and feeling a little off but not too bad that i couldn't force myself to get out of bed. I just took 2 mg for today and just got to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast