Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
Paging Robert!!
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bppb View Post
    Thank you! I greatly appreciate it. It is very nice to know that there are so many good people out there seeking support. This site has really opened my eyes and I am so glad that it is available. I thought I needed to seek doctors watch to properly taper and thankfully my girlfriend found this and we were able to get a hold of Robert. Without having access to talk to him, and read others inspiring stories, I am not sure where I would be right now, probably on a much higher dose then I originally was before I went to the doctors. I will be sure to chime into the other treads, I dont miss much. Everyones story touches me, and it's inspiring. I started out at 1.5mg with Robert, and the only discomft that I seem to have had so far is a couple mornings I woke up feeling like i was withdrawing. But this whole tapering process so far is a shock to me, because I am starting to feel my body again, and I feel normal all day, and have been sleeping all night! When before I got on this site, everytime I started to feel a little ?????? I took a little piece of my sub. Which made is impossibly to even know how much I was getting. Thanks for checking on me and letting me know your there. I appreciate it! Keep up the good work yourself. It will all be worth it. When you get uncomfortable, just remember to hang in there a little big longer and soon you will feel normal! We can all do this. I know we can!
    You're so right about feeling "normal" all day! I was a complete mess most of the time always looking for pills and feeling withdrawals when I couldn't find any or get some. Just felt horrible most of the time. Even when I did get some it really didn't do anything for me....just kept me going a bit.

But I read here for a long time before I joined and it seemed as though the subs were what was right for me. I read that many people on them reported that their "cravings" virtually ended the moment they took them! And they were right, at least in my case! From the minute I took that first induction with Robert I have had zero cravings! None! I even had this friend/dealer show up at more door without prior notice and said: "surprise...here are some pills". Actually made me madder than anything else! I was so proud of myself for booting him to the curb and telling him in no uncertain terms to NEVER call or come back again!

So as of today I could not be happier on this med. I know it's ONLY a tool to get clean, and I will certainly use them that way. Don't want to get addicted to the very medication meant to get me free from the other! So on we go my new friend! We will both be clean in short order! Highlight of my life it will be! To be free! We CAN do this! We ARE doing this!

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    soscrewed and surfdog like this.

Halloweenhead is offline Member

Hi Karen - thanks for responding to my other post. I'm glad to see you are doing well. Yes - I have been following your story! After a short while, isn't it amazing to compare yourself to where you were before induction? For me, every drop (I've been doing them about every 7 days) has resulted in about two days of some discomfort, followed by some stability. I have found that staying busy and doing some exercise has really helped. I started on a low dose that never curbed my anxiety but that has now slowly but surely improved. It's funny how we expect our brains to just be normal in a few days (we ARE used to instant state of mind change aren't we?). I wish you a steady recovery...keep your guard up and remember that this is only the beginning to the change that we both need!
    Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm just an addict who knows a little about drugs.

bppb is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    You're so right about feeling "normal" all day! I was a complete mess most of the time always looking for pills and feeling withdrawals when I couldn't find any or get some. Just felt horrible most of the time. Even when I did get some it really didn't do anything for me....just kept me going a bit.

But I read here for a long time before I joined and it seemed as though the subs were what was right for me. I read that many people on them reported that their "cravings" virtually ended the moment they took them! And they were right, at least in my case! From the minute I took that first induction with Robert I have had zero cravings! None! I even had this friend/dealer show up at more door without prior notice and said: "surprise...here are some pills". Actually made me madder than anything else! I was so proud of myself for booting him to the curb and telling him in no uncertain terms to NEVER call or come back again!

So as of today I could not be happier on this med. I know it's ONLY a tool to get clean, and I will certainly use them that way. Don't want to get addicted to the very medication meant to get me free from the other! So on we go my new friend! We will both be clean in short order! Highlight of my life it will be! To be free! We CAN do this! We ARE doing this!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

That is great that you were able to boot him to the curb and not give in. Kuddos to you! I am working on my friend/dealers to stop calling me and asking if I want any of I can get any. My solution right now, is just to not answer them because I honestly can say I do not want or need anything from them. I am hoping that one day they will just get the picture and stop contacting me. My girlfriend hates when they call because they aren't calling to say hi and be a good friend. I guess more importantly she's afraid its going to interfere with this whole process of trying to get off of suboxone and my successful recovery. I told her I can keep the two balanced but its just to the point now where it's not even worth fighting about so i just try to ignore them. My girlfriend and I had a nice conversation this weekend, talking about how this whole site has brought us a lot closer and we agreed that it is important that we talk to each other about everything because she gets frustrated alot because she's never taken anything or been addicted to anything so she asks alot of questions and tries to understand them more but i get so annoyed like she is nagging me about, my short fuse switches and it sucks. she gets mad that I see things only in an addicts way and that its my way or no way, she tries to see things my way and she expresses her view so that way we can hopefully meet in the middle with a happy conversation. I would be lost with her, she really does mean everything to me. It's crazy how she helps me stay strong, and she pushes me to do the best that I can through all of this. She is the most patient person ever with me, even when I wanted to give up and eat some more pieces. I can't wait for this part of my life to be in the past so we can move on to our future happily together, she deserves it. I deserve it after abusing my body and brain for the past 10+ years. I owe it to myself to prove that I am able to stay clean and that I don't need anything to "get me through the day"

That is great that you were able to boot him to the curb and not give in. Kuddos to you! I am working on my friend/dealers to stop calling me and asking if I want any of I can get any. My solution right now, is just to not answer them because I honestly can say I do not want or need anything from them. I am hoping that one day they will just get the picture and stop contacting me. My girlfriend hates when they call because they aren't calling to say hi and be a good friend. I guess more importantly she's afraid its going to interfere with this whole process of trying to get off of suboxone and my successful recovery. I told her I can keep the two balanced but its just to the point now where it's not even worth fighting about so i just try to ignore them. My girlfriend and I had a nice conversation this weekend, talking about how this whole site has brought us a lot closer and we agreed that it is important that we talk to each other about everything because she gets frustrated alot because she's never taken anything or been addicted to anything so she asks alot of questions and tries to understand them more but i get so annoyed like she is nagging me about, my short fuse switches and it sucks. she gets mad that I see things only in an addicts way and that its my way or no way, she tries to see things my way and she expresses her view so that way we can hopefully meet in the middle with a happy conversation. I would be lost with her, she really does mean everything to me. It's crazy how she helps me stay strong, and she pushes me to do the best that I can through all of this. She is the most patient person ever with me, even when I wanted to give up and eat some more pieces. I can't wait for this part of my life to be in the past so we can move on to our future happily together, she deserves it. I deserve it after abusing my body and brain for the past 10+ years. I owe it to myself to prove that I am able to stay clean and that I don't need anything to "get me through the day"
    Oh jeezzz....I had to DELETE ALL of the numbers I had on my phone. Even got a new phone with a DIFFERENT phone number so they couldn't get in touch with me! A few knew where to find me around town and I had to "educate" them in person to NOT be around me EVER again! Believe me when I tell you they got the message loud and clear!

You say your girlfriend hates it when they call, well my boyfriend is/was the same way. He would answer the phone if he was home and would tell them he was a cop and the line was recorded. They eventually stopped calling, but a few never would give up. So hence the new phone and new number! Maybe you could do the same???

Your girl annoys you and nags you because she LOVES you and wants you with her and clean! Same with me here and my boyfriend! Works both ways! Remember that please! You've got a great one there....I can see it from here!

You are really doing AWESOME and I am so glad we met! Nice to have many friends I believe! And having them here makes ALL the difference! Thank you for your posts. Means so much to me. Everyone here I have met has just been great....really great! Talk again soon! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Oh jeezzz....I had to DELETE ALL of the numbers I had on my phone. Even got a new phone with a DIFFERENT phone number so they couldn't get in touch with me! A few knew where to find me around town and I had to "educate" them in person to NOT be around me EVER again! Believe me when I tell you they got the message loud and clear!

You say your girlfriend hates it when they call, well my boyfriend is/was the same way. He would answer the phone if he was home and would tell them he was a cop and the line was recorded. They eventually stopped calling, but a few never would give up. So hence the new phone and new number! Maybe you could do the same???

Your girl annoys you and nags you because she LOVES you and wants you with her and clean! Same with me here and my boyfriend! Works both ways! Remember that please! You've got a great one there....I can see it from here!

You are really doing AWESOME and I am so glad we met! Nice to have many friends I believe! And having them here makes ALL the difference! Thank you for your posts. Means so much to me. Everyone here I have met has just been great....really great! Talk again soon! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

I agree with changing YOUR number, but in all honesty, I can say that even after ten years I can still remember my old dealers phone numbers, at least the main dealers! You could drop me off out of an airplane with a parachute on a dirt road where I had never been before and I would be able to score in two hours if I wanted to. A REAL addict like me can always find a way to score FAST if we want to. Deleting dealers' numbers is fine, but face it, you know their numbers by heart. Eliminate them from your life, but deleting their phone number seldom does the trick. I always used to tell them if they called or ran into me that maybe I would use tomorrow, but not today. Then when they called me the next day I would say the same thing again. Pretty soon I pissed them off enough that they quit calling me and left me alone. Choose your battles and fight them with your brain. Moving, deleting phone numbers, things like that seldom make us successful. It has to come from the heart, and I always knew that I could outsmart them playing head games with them instead of them playing headgames with ME!!!! I am smarter than they are! But I STILL can ratttle off a bunch of their phone numbers by memory to this day. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 06-18-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I agree with changing YOUR number, but in all honesty, I can say that even after ten years I can still remember my old dealers phone numbers, at least the main dealers! You could drop me off out of an airplane with a parachute on a dirt road where I had never been before and I would be able to score in two hours if I wanted to. A REAL addict like me can always find a way to score FAST if we want to. Deleting dealers' numbers is fine, but face it, you know their numbers by heart. Eliminate them from your life, but deleting their phone number seldom does the trick. I always used to tell them if they called or ran into me that maybe I would use tomorrow, but not today. Then when they called me the next day I would say the same thing again. Pretty soon I pissed them off enough that they quit calling me and left me alone. Choose your battles and fight them with your brain. Moving, deleting phone numbers, things like that seldom make us successful. It has to come from the heart, and I always knew that I could outsmart them playing head games with them instead of them playing headgames with ME!!!! I am smarter than they are! But I STILL can ratttle off a bunch of their phone numbers by memory to this day. God bless.
    You're right of course and I agree 100% with what you said. I was just giving bppb a place of beginning with regards to the friends/dealers. I can certainly remember the numbers also, and probably always will like you! What I was getting at, and probably didn't or couldn't say it well enough was that if you are doing your best to get clean and change your life it might make you feel good to delete the numbers, and to maybe change your own number. Kinda like flushing the pills! Felt sooo awesome as you said it would!

Also the fact that if you are really doing well with whatever clean program you are on and doing your very best to stay that way, and then the phone rings and you see that it's one of THOSE calls, it might just make someone that is really struggling, or having a weak moment, to pick up and answer that call. Then they may make a horrible mistake and set up a time to score! That's what I was attempting to get across, but clearly didn't!

I really like your comment about telling them that you may use tomorrow, but NOT today! That's the perfect thing to say! Thank you for that line! So you can fully see that I am learning as I go and appreciate comments like yours so much Robert. Will make me a much wiser person someday soon.....I hope! LOL.

Take care my friend and have a great day! Bless you Robert.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

bppb is offline Member

Greatly appreciate it. Love the saying Robert. I might use tomorrow, but not today! Luckily I have someone willing to stay by my side through all of this and hold my hand every step of the way. She keeps me going. Which helps me stay strong and know that I can overcome this. I will survive, I might not feel so good some days but at least I know over time it doesn't have to be like this anymore, and it will all be worth it in the end.

bppb is offline Member

Today is day 3 at .844mg! I felt good all day yesterday, and slept all night! Today is supposed to be really hot, so now my count down is for work to end!! Hope everyone is doing well!

Today is day 3 at .844mg! I felt good all day yesterday, and slept all night! Today is supposed to be really hot, so now my count down is for work to end!! Hope everyone is doing well!
    You're really sounding great my friend! So awesome really! You're doing it! Down to the low doses now. You will be completely clean in a very short time. Has to be the best feeling in the world! Keep doing what you're doing. Talk to you soon.

Hugs,
    Karen

bppb is offline Member

You're really sounding great my friend! So awesome really! You're doing it! Down to the low doses now. You will be completely clean in a very short time. Has to be the best feeling in the world! Keep doing what you're doing. Talk to you soon.

Hugs,
    Karen
    It's not over yet, but so far I am starting to feel normal again. It's crazy when you start to feel things! Im excited to see how the next month goes with this low doses. Can't wait for them to be over, as I am sure you are too!

PatrickB is offline Member

I've listened to a lot of people share their experience at meetings and read a lot of posts on this forum now. It's nice to see that you're keeping a positive attitude. In my experience the right attitude / mindset makes all the difference. Stay positive and I'm glad that you've got the support of your girlfriend and this forum, it's much easier than trying to do it on your own.

bppb is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
    I've listened to a lot of people share their experience at meetings and read a lot of posts on this forum now. It's nice to see that you're keeping a positive attitude. In my experience the right attitude / mindset makes all the difference. Stay positive and I'm glad that you've got the support of your girlfriend and this forum, it's much easier than trying to do it on your own.
    I coulnd't agree with you more! I've always told myself that eventually I will cut back or stop taking them but the years just kept going by and I was still getting them. If it wasn't for my girlfriend really I'd probably still be eatting them. She helped me find all the information that I needed to get on this forum and get the appointment to get my own script. It is great having support and not having to hide it from the one I love, but sometimes I do things without thinking from habit and she has to remind me that she exists and she wants to be in the loop! Everyone that I have talked to on here, or read their posts are great! Yeah everyone has their good days and bad days but it seems like everyone else helps support and cheer them up and keep them on the right path. Im glad I am involved now!

bppb is offline Member

Today is day 4 of .844mg! Tomorrow I will taper to the next dose of .633mg. I am feeling good! Another hot day here though, ughhh dreading work already! Hope everyone has a good day!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Today is day 4 of .844mg! Tomorrow I will taper to the next dose of .633mg. I am feeling good! Another hot day here though, ughhh dreading work already! Hope everyone has a good day!
    Hi there bppb! You are really doing awesome! So happy for you really! I was at the .63mg dose a few days ago and did extremely well on it. I'm certain that you will too! Keep doing just what you're doing. Well on your way to freedom! Take care and have an great day! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

bppb is offline Member

Hi there bppb! You are really doing awesome! So happy for you really! I was at the .63mg dose a few days ago and did extremely well on it. I'm certain that you will too! Keep doing just what you're doing. Well on your way to freedom! Take care and have an great day! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Congrats on doing well at .63 that is great! It's exciting to know there are others stuck in the same boat as me that are already a success story as well! Keep up the good work!
    Strong Desire likes this.

bppb is offline Member

Today is day 1 at .633mg!

Congrats on doing well at .63 that is great! It's exciting to know there are others stuck in the same boat as me that are already a success story as well! Keep up the good work!
    Thank you but I am on my 3rd day of .5mg twice per day. Tomorrow I will reduce my dose by 25% to a new dose of .75mg and take that once per day!

Congratulations to you for getting down to the .633mg dose! That is really awesome! Hope it goes real smooth for you! We are doing it! I'll talk to you later. Take care and have a great day!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

bppb is offline Member

Usually I take my dose first thing in the morning but today I wanted to drink my coffee first so I decided to take my pill to work and take it once I got there. When I got there and went to take it out of my pocket, i dropped the case picked it up and realized my pill was no longer in the case. I searched everywhere on the ground but wasnt able to find it. Some how I was able to keep it off my mind until my lunch break until I was able to fly home and take my .633mg dose for today. Not only did I not have any before lunch I was feeling ?????? from that and because it is so hot outside today. My girlfriend was mad that I lost the dose and I have no idea where it could be so she is going to insist that I take it first thing in the mornign I am sure to prevent lost doses at work again. Does anyone know if after you take a dose if you shouldn't drink anything for 15 minutes or just wait for it to dissolve? I am not even sure where I even heard of that but I always thought you were supposed to wait 15 minutes, but when my girlfriend started asking me why questions I started to question myself! If someone could help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Drink a glass of water BEFORE you take the dose and it will dissolve more easily.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

bppb is offline Member

Drink a glass of water BEFORE you take the dose and it will dissolve more easily.
    Thank you!

bppb is offline Member

Today is day 2 at .633mg. I woke up feeling tired and sore my entire body aching. It's manageable but not a good feeling. It would be so much easier to be able to just be at home feeling liek this and getting through this whole process but unfortunately I can't miss work. I am trying to stay positive and not let this interfere with my daily work life. I feel normal, I can feel my body more and feel my brain working. My job makes me miserable, and I feel bad because when my girlfriend gets home she knows she know I hate my job, and I am working on a normal feeling with these pills and she is so patient and nice about it but I find myself getting so frustrated and irritated not with her, but i end up talking/yelling about things to her to vent. She listens and tries to calm me down and make me see things a different way, but ughhhh i hope this feeling goes away also!

Today is day 2 at .633mg. I woke up feeling tired and sore my entire body aching. It's manageable but not a good feeling. It would be so much easier to be able to just be at home feeling liek this and getting through this whole process but unfortunately I can't miss work. I am trying to stay positive and not let this interfere with my daily work life. I feel normal, I can feel my body more and feel my brain working. My job makes me miserable, and I feel bad because when my girlfriend gets home she knows she know I hate my job, and I am working on a normal feeling with these pills and she is so patient and nice about it but I find myself getting so frustrated and irritated not with her, but i end up talking/yelling about things to her to vent. She listens and tries to calm me down and make me see things a different way, but ughhhh i hope this feeling goes away also!
    Hi bppb,

Sorry to hear of your symptoms. Not any fun for sure. And to be at work with them is also a lot to overcome. But just know that you are improving everyday. You will be one step closer to your ultimate goal after today! You can do this! You ARE doing it.

I really think that being at work may actually be a good thing. It may help if you stay real busy to keep your mind off those symptoms, if only for a short time. So try to make it out as a positive experience if you can. I know you are doing your best and trying to remain positive as you said, and that is really great! Keep progressing each day and soon those symptoms will be less and less I'm sure. You take care and try to have a great day! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

bppb is offline Member

Hi bppb,

Sorry to hear of your symptoms. Not any fun for sure. And to be at work with them is also a lot to overcome. But just know that you are improving everyday. You will be one step closer to your ultimate goal after today! You can do this! You ARE doing it.

I really think that being at work may actually be a good thing. It may help if you stay real busy to keep your mind off those symptoms, if only for a short time. So try to make it out as a positive experience if you can. I know you are doing your best and trying to remain positive as you said, and that is really great! Keep progressing each day and soon those symptoms will be less and less I'm sure. You take care and try to have a great day! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Thank you! It is rough but I do sweat and keep myself busy the entire day. So as much that I suffer now I think if I did get to lay around and do nothing all day and night, it probably would be worse because I'd be thinking and driving myself crazy!! I appeciate the support. I am working very hard on being positive and having a better attitude. Keep up your hard work as well!

bppb is offline Member

Day 3 of .633mg. I slept alot yesterday after work. I feel sore, anxious, miserable when I am awake. I wake up in the mornings feeling like my body is freaking out like I want to jump out of a window. I am told I have an attitude, and I jump down peoples throats. I can't have a normal conversation without getting irritated. I dont care to think before I say things. I think I need to stay at this dose for more then 4 days because I am miserable and sore. I feel like a big piece. Staying positive isnt an option anymore. Will it help if I stay at this dose for a couple extra days and hopefully I feel "normal" before i taper again?

bppb is offline Member

Today is day 4 of .633 mg. I dont feel normal on this dose so I am planning on staying on this dose for hopefully just a few more days. Robert, Do you recommend that I just stay on a dose until I stabalize before I taper or should i stay at the current dose for a week before switching to the next dose?

Today is day 4 of .633 mg. I dont feel normal on this dose so I am planning on staying on this dose for hopefully just a few more days. Robert, Do you recommend that I just stay on a dose until I stabalize before I taper or should i stay at the current dose for a week before switching to the next dose?

I think you should take one extra dose of .25mg today, right now, then go back to .633 mg per day tomorrow and see how you feel in a couple days. Sometimes that little extra for a day will pull you out of this funk. I'm hoping it works for you. Going to be gone for a while today, will check in on you later. That .25mg should help you, take it right now. God bless.

bppb is offline Member

I think you should take one extra dose of .25mg today, right now, then go back to .633 mg per day tomorrow and see how you feel in a couple days. Sometimes that little extra for a day will pull you out of this funk. I'm hoping it works for you. Going to be gone for a while today, will check in on you later. That .25mg should help you, take it right now. God bless.
    I just took a .25mg dose. I got my .633mg dose ready to go for tomorrow. I hope this helps!

I just took a .25mg dose. I got my .633mg dose ready to go for tomorrow. I hope this helps!

If you don't mind just drop me a line in a little while and let me know if it helps you tonight. I am hoping it will. God bless my friend!

Best wishes my friend! Hope it works out for you! Robert really knows his business. I hope that .25mg dose pulls you out of it. Take care and blessings to you.

Hugs,
    Karen

bppb is offline Member

If you don't mind just drop me a line in a little while and let me know if it helps you tonight. I am hoping it will. God bless my friend!
    That actually really helped! I feel better. I dont feel irritated or on edge anymore. I actually feel normal like I could just go to sleep now. I was planning on taking .633mg tomorrow unless you dont agree, please let me know.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast