Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
Officially 3 days, 12 hours.....SUB FREE
    dsac6060 is offline Member

Smile Officially 3 days, 12 hours.....SUB FREE

Hey guys so I decided to jump as we all know on Thurs morning after I took my dose. Its been around 85 hours or so and i have been sub free. I went through some wd symptoms like: Upset stomach, bloating, anxiety, nervousness, sweats(minor), little trouble sleeping but the ativan worked, and a little achy at night to the point where Ill wake up. I feel like I've handled this all very well so far, DAGO said in my other thread that he felt it was more MENTALLY draining than anything, and boys and girls, I have to fully agree with him!!!!!!

Ive been doing anything I possibly can to stay busy and my mind of this matter. Sorry I didnt respond sooner, DDAVE or others, and Robert kinda wish you were along with me but haven't heard from you in the past 4 days. My appetite is low so i try to eat/drink smoothies with fruit, yogurts, and I buy those Fruit drinks that are packed with nutrients. Forget the name, lol. Im staying positive which is definitely helping and my gf now knows and is supporting me. I felt that was a definite cause of some of my anxiety, having to act normal around her when I was in WD. Def some weight off my shoulders. Been getting to the gym and exercising, nothing crazy but putting my time in and sweating if i can lol. You know how it goes, its nearly impossible ot break a sweat if i tried but moving around actually helps me. The only supplements im taking are fish oil, super b complex, and a probiotic. Oh yea, pepto bismol tabs are a life saver. My stomach gets nauseaus at certain points, i eat two of them it helps for a while. I do whatever i can to get by. I've only taken 1 ativan a day just before I lay down at night to ease me. Ive tried valerian root which to my surprise has also helped me. I hope my positive progress continues at 86 hours in and it doesnt hit me tomorrow.

I have gotten emotional a few times also lol but it felt good. Listening to music gives me chills and little things make me so happy, I love it!!!! I seriously want this and am on a good path. Love everyone on here for their support, this forum is the only reason I decided to taper and do this. W/o that I may still be taking 8 mg a day. PHewwwwww. Each second, minute, hour, day that passes Im that close to being normal!!!!
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

DDAVE45 is offline Member

dave..........sorry man been real busy with work lately......your doing awesome man!!! im so happy for you. You've gone through this process so fast ....im just glad i could be a part of it. Your another success story man ......you should def. be proud of urself.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Thanks bud. I def am feeling a lot better, but trust me I have strange moments at times.

you'll make it through this man dont even sweat it ......your 4 days now ...just keep up with your exercising and reg routine man.

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    you'll make it through this man dont even sweat it ......your 4 days now ...just keep up with your exercising and reg routine man.
    4 days and 5 hours in.......Its def a mental battle but Im keeping busy and about to head to the gym to sweat a lil.

u still working ...or did you take off a few days?

u still working ...or did you take off a few days?
    I took today, Monday off of work just to have a day for myself. I have to go back tomorrow. So since, Thurs morning 7am, I been done ...that leaves Fri, Sat, Sun, and Monday clean so far. About 110 hours in to my jump!!!!!! I am managing, this is more nagging than anything. My stomach is constantly upset, popping pepto bismol like skittles, and no appetite. Im forcing smoothies and protein shakes down my throat since I know i hve to eat somehow. Either way im getting nutrients lol. I seriously could probably look at a reeses peanut butter cup and be disgusted by it. Hopefully, I slowly get the appetite back. I also feel so bloated, guess this is a symptom????? Went to the gym on Sat and Today and felt good while there. Sweat somewhat and trying to get all these EVILS out of my body!!!

So basically I'm almost 5 days in, 5 days tomorrow mornin at 7am. Im determined and not looking back. Its mentally draining on me but def not close to cold turkey wow!!! This taper plan is the real deal. Anyone looking to do this I HIGHLY recommend it! You basically feel slight wd symptoms through parts of the taper but its not anywhere near cold turkey wd. I didnt feel any symptoms tapering down from 8 mg until around .5mg a day. But everyone is different! Depends on how long you used drugs and how long you've been on suboxone. For me I used oxycodone blues (1-2 a day) for 6-8 months steadily, meaning every day haha. Then suboxone for about 3 months, 2 months at 8mg a day then the last month and change tapered down to .325 mg for 3 days then .25 mg for one day and said IM DONE!!!!! Most ppl tend to go lower than this but I could not stand how I was feeling anymore. >> actually feel worse taking my sub then not taking it lol. PLEASE follow the taper like stated, and yes if you slip up take a small small sliver then do your 4 days again and repeat. Slow and steady wins the race, my body was just different at this bc of my drug use /duration.

Ive used Ativan .5 (lorazepam) a few times now, my primary doc not my sub doc only gave me 10 which Im glad bc I didnt want another addiction. Just my type of personality. I've used these a few times later in the night before bed, it def helped me. Im hoping that my stomach issues calm down as i feel bloated all day like ive eaten so much food but yet have not. In reality im only taking in liquids lol.

Thanks for asking DDAVE!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    4 days and 5 hours in.......Its def a mental battle but Im keeping busy and about to head to the gym to sweat a lil.

You have become a new person since you got here dude! I couldn't be happier for you. You never have to use again! And that is an awesome feeling to know when you get up each day that you don't have to count pills, chase after anything, hide from people, you can live your life like an "earth person" from now on! Love to see success stories like yours! God bless.
    dsac6060 and gunnawin like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Talking Thank you sir!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You have become a new person since you got here dude! I couldn't be happier for you. You never have to use again! And that is an awesome feeling to know when you get up each day that you don't have to count pills, chase after anything, hide from people, you can live your life like an "earth person" from now on! Love to see success stories like yours! God bless.
    Thank you so much Robert!!!! I was just thinking about you lol, weird!!!! and then I look back on the forum and you posted under my thread. Seriously, you helped me big time....along with DDAVE, DAGO, SJAN, SUBOXOWNED, and others. If I left any out I am sorry, im so excited right now its hard for me to keep still lol.

I love it that I wake up and dont have to think about taking my medication. NEVER ever! Yes, I have anxiety, Yes I have WD symptoms but nothing crazy. Its very manageable ppl. LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!!! Do the taper right, and you are set with minimal wd symptoms. I hope that i get closer each day to feeling normal and my stomach goes back to normal.
    Robert_325 likes this.

dave....i can tell your excited man...and u should be. This is such a huge weight lifted off ur shoulders.......no more worrying about dosing lol. I know subox has saved many lives (including mine) but i couldnt wait to get off those damn things.....i can tell you felt the same way. Feels good not to worry about taking a med everywhere you go.....it basically controls your life.
    Robert_325, dsac6060 and gunnawin like this.

dave....i can tell your excited man...and u should be. This is such a huge weight lifted off ur shoulders.......no more worrying about dosing lol. I know subox has saved many lives (including mine) but i couldnt wait to get off those damn things.....i can tell you felt the same way. Feels good not to worry about taking a med everywhere you go.....it basically controls your life.

I am so glad to see you've hung around and are helping people. We always need positive encouragement for people struggling and you've paid it forward every day since you jumped dude! You've been awesome! Thanks and God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert ..........least i can do man...this site has helped me in ways that i cant even explain. Mentally these subs really took a toll on me ....and after reading and lurking for awhile.....i realized i wasnt alone. People like you have really inspired me to be a better person. Even though im sub free 52 days now....people like fed up and Dsac have also inspired me. Like i have said b4.....there are such high caliber people here.
    dago77, Robert_325 and dsac6060 like this.

You're a winner my friend! God bless.

You guys are awesome...Ill be honest with you's ...I am going to be looking on the forum every day even when I am clean just to try to help ppl as well! Least I can also do for such good ppl.
    dago77 likes this.

yea man i felt the same way......def some good people here. Its not easy to find people that have been where you are and have gone through what your goin through.....and this site allows us to help eachother and motivate one another. Hope you do stick around .....you can def help a lot of people.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

You guys are awesome...Ill be honest with you's ...I am going to be looking on the forum every day even when I am clean just to try to help ppl as well! Least I can also do for such good ppl.
    Hey Man pulling for you, you can do this and have done well congrats! You have my full support Life is good man and it just keeps getting better
    Surfdog
    dsac6060 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by surfdog View Post
    Hey Man pulling for you, you can do this and have done well congrats! You have my full support Life is good man and it just keeps getting better
    Surfdog

Surfdog ... what is up with your son?

Thanks Surfdog, its nice to have shout outs from ppl. Keep my confidence and morale up.
    dago77 likes this.

yea man i felt the same way......def some good people here. Its not easy to find people that have been where you are and have gone through what your goin through.....and this site allows us to help eachother and motivate one another. Hope you do stick around .....you can def help a lot of people.
    And I mean I can only offer my experiences and tales of survival so far lol. Many ppl's taper varies but generally its all the same. >> be glad to help anyone along the way. See I'm even checking the site now, and its been officially almost 132 hours clean!!!!

Suboxowned is offline Member

Default Dsac

I'm so proud of you (like you're my little brother or something) lol. It must be the best feeling in the world to not have to chase ANYTHING anymore. Proud...Proud...Proud!
    Now, all I need to do, is follow suit. I ordered my treadmill yesterday. Hoping that by the time it is delivered I am all heeled up. Today is my first day without the ski boot. Its like learning to walk on my left foot all over again...ha ha. Once I get back on both feet...I'm off to the races again. Maybe having a treadmill in the house will help with passing some of this poison out of my body. The weather has been beautiful here. 80* weather during March in Chicago is unheard of! Enjoying as much of it that I can because it might snow next week. You never know.
    I am so happy for you and am glad your GF knows now. It does feel a lot better knowing you don't have to hide any little secrets from your loved ones. You can focus and heal much easier that way.
    You better stay in touch...I'm gonna need you for support!!

Congratulations DSAC!

Aud
    dago77 likes this.

dave..........how u doin man???? feeling any better??

suboxowned..........thats awesome you have a treadmill on the way....once you get going you'll see just how important exercise is and how much better it will make you feel
    dago77 and Suboxowned like this.

dago77 is offline Senior Member

Dave,

Man I hope your just at the gym killing it and that's why your not posting

I hope your well bro...let us know what's up.
    DDAVE45 and dsac6060 like this.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Thanks Surfdog, its nice to have shout outs from ppl. Keep my confidence and morale up.
    Hey Dsac, thanks,however I am on the sidelines cheering, you are the one putting forth the effort. Anything I can do more than willing. I remember how good it felt when one of the old heads would walk by in a meeting and tell me I was better. Can't buy that feeling. We all need encouragement, and imo we all need to know it can be done, and not just somebody blowing smoke about "what we should do". Now that one used to fire me up.lol Amost as badly as "this too shall pass" my first thought then"F@#$ you when damnit"lol. Man willing to give you all the support I can.
    And firmly believe that we NEED to laugh, especially at ourselves, which isn't hard to do when one looks at some of the foolish stuff we did.
    Shark fishing one night in Feb, years&years ago, got cold so we built us a fire in a barrel, no problem, right. Wrong, rusted out bottom on a wooden pier over the Gulf,smoked up, drunk and all of sudden our fire barrel was in the Gulf of Mexico. Now ain't that smart!l lol
    Hang in there man you can do this! God Bless Surfdog

Quote Originally Posted by dago77 View Post
    Dave,

Man I hope your just at the gym killing it and that's why your not posting

I hope your well bro...let us know what's up.
    I have been hurtin the past two days bad, last night i kept waking up with the WORSE RLS I have ever experienced. It wasnt just my arms or legs, it was my whole body aching. Terrible....Bad anxiety on top of that with my stomach jacked. I dont know what the .... is going on????

My body is just lethargic all over and i have bad aches.

fedupnow is offline Member

Hang in there dsac6060! It's definitely a bumpy road with good and bad days. This will pass soon, During my jump day 3,6,9,12..all kinda sucked and felt like I was still on a taper but nothing like some of my low dose tapers.. I feel great now around 34 days!

You will turn a corner soon where you will start to feel great all day! Put on some Music when you can't sleep or do something to keep you somewhat busy, a low dose of Imodium will help your stomach, just use when needed.. For sleep i use Melatonin, Valerian root and sleepy time tea about an hr before i lay down. Also some clonidine at night here and there worked a bit..

Your doing awesome and come so far, this will all be past you soon
    Last edited by fedupnow; 03-23-2012 at 11:18 AM.
    dago77 likes this.

Ashleyy is offline Member

dsac

I am so proud of you! I have been out of town and just back on to check around and saw this thread. I know you are experiencing some tough symptoms. They always seem to flare up at night for me when I am in any type of withdraw.

Hang in there, and a big pat on the back to you for how far you've come now!!
    Ashley

Hey everyone. Thank you all for the support. Yes it's def been a bumpy road lately. Today is day 7. I just don't get it. My anxiety is bad buyin trying to keep mind away. Also feels like someone is grabbing my insides and twisting them all up. This is terrible and know I will never touch a drug again. I don't know how I even went back to using, just 1 right??? Never the case. Before ya know it you're back on the train only to be going through the same old story again!!!!

I've never had any rls like last night. My whole body was aching and twitching. Before when I quit it was just my legs. Took 1000 mg tyrosine this morning and forced a yogurt down my throat. Literally no appetite. Trying to stay positive over here but things are getting in my way. Just don't get why now????

Hey everyone. Thank you all for the support. Yes it's def been a bumpy road lately. Today is day 7. I just don't get it. My anxiety is bad buyin trying to keep mind away. Also feels like someone is grabbing my insides and twisting them all up. This is terrible and know I will never touch a drug again. I don't know how I even went back to using, just 1 right??? Never the case. Before ya know it you're back on the train only to be going through the same old story again!!!!

I've never had any rls like last night. My whole body was aching and twitching. Before when I quit it was just my legs. Took 1000 mg tyrosine this morning and forced a yogurt down my throat. Literally no appetite. Trying to stay positive over here but things are getting in my way. Just don't get why now????

Just so you know that L-Tyrosine is for energy and it CAN cause anxiety in some people and add to your RLS. You may want to back off that now for a few days. When you settle down and need more energy, but the RLS lets up, you can pick back up on it then. Hope that helps.

Is there anything going on you can tell me about where I may can help you? What has happened? I haven't followed you for a couple days you were doing so well. God bless.
    dago77 likes this.

Dave,

I know it sucks man! Just hang on and it will get better. I went through all that too. Your gonna bounce back soon. It's the best feeling man. You just can't give up before it happens!

One thing I think helped me...I cut all my supplents for a while. Adding all the tyrosine and energy stuff just made me worse. I felt like my body was going through enough. The only thing that really helped me was adding up the days and letting all that sub wear off.

I'm like a new man on day 11/12. The only issue is my energy dies out half way through the day. But all the bad stuff is gone and I feel great. You will get there! I started all the supplements again and now they actually help. Once all that anxiety and everything dies off from the detox you will feel so much better.

Don't even waste your time asking why this takes so long..or why your getting whatever symptom. It's all from the drugs coming out of you. Just try to keep your cool and think positive. I know it's hard now, believe me. A few more days and it will all happen.

Your getting better brother..even when you can't feel it. It's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Just so you know that L-Tyrosine is for energy and it CAN cause anxiety in some people and add to your RLS. You may want to back off that now for a few days. When you settle down and need more energy, but the RLS lets up, you can pick back up on it then. Hope that helps.

Is there anything going on you can tell me about where I may can help you? What has happened? I haven't followed you for a couple days you were doing so well. God bless.
    Exactly. Use the supplements when you need them after the heavy stuff is gone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast