• 2 Post By BugnOut
  • 1 Post By Buttercup79
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By BugnOut
no more oxy addiction...now its suboxone
    BugnOut is offline New Member

Default no more oxy addiction...now its suboxone

I live near Tampa, Fla. It has to be one of the worst places in the US for opiate addiction. Not >>>>>> either, Oxycodone (Roxies). I guess to get to the point I became HEAVILY addicted to Roxies. For about 2 years I was using 10 plus Oxycodone 30mg's a day, basically as many as I could get my hands on. What made matters much worse was that I chose to start IV'ing them mainly with-in the last year of my use. Brilliant, I know. Nobody needs to tell me how stupid that was, believe me.

Then along came that one morning that nearly EVERY recovering opiate addict I have spoken to has. I woke up, SIK AS "F", of course and I said to myself, I have had enough of this. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired (sorry for the cheesy cliche). I decided that that morning I wasnt going to play darts with my arm anymore. Now why I woke up and had enough of that particular day, I dont know. It wasnt becasue of people telling me I need to quit or anything like that. It was simply me saying thats it, NO MORE. I wish I new what made my mind go that direction that morning so I could share it with all who still are suffering but I simply dont know. But I can guarantee you this, if you are still using you will have that one moment, that epiphany, that you say enoughs enough also. I wanted to quit for along time prior to this specific morning but couldnt. I told myself over and over that I was done with this and tried and tried but always failed. *On this morning I didnt tell myself that I had enough MYSELF TOLD ME that I had enough*....ha...take a second to read that last sentence again if you have to because I feel that is VERY important to ANYONE trying to recovery. Until that happens your chance of recovery is minimal (my opinion only).

I called a Pain Management Clinic in my area (one of the many local clinics that were over prescribing EVERYONE with Roxies) and asked for help. I had read about Suboxone and had several friends that recommended it. Imade and appointment and they saw me with-in 3 hrs of me calling asking for help (Suboxone). I went in the dr's office VERY SICK. He immediately asked me if I have heard about Suboxone and I said yes and he explained a few things to me and gave me a script for 16mg's and day. I was prescribed the Suboxone films. The highest mg they come in is 8mg, so I was prescribed 2 8mg's films a day. He told me I would be on them for approx 7-9 months. I said ok, whatever, just so I wasnt sick anymore. So with-in 6hrs of waking up that morning I was already on Suboxone. Just some info for anyone who doesnt know Subs act VERY QUICKLY. As soon as I got them at the pharmacy I put 2 under my tongue in the car, in the parking lot at the pharmacy. It didnt take but 15-20mins for my with-drawl symptoms to subside %100. I mean I felt like I had NEVER ever been sick that day. That absolutely blew my mind that I hadnt done this prior to this day.

So lets fast forward to today, Dec 22, 2011. I am now ADDICTED to Suboxone. Suboxone is an amazing drug, at first. I swear you will think they are GOD SENT. But there is a down side with Suboxone. I wish my story could continue the was you have been reading it, however things have changed.

First of all I feel the doctor WAY over prescribed me. Comparatively, to other cases similar to mine I know he over prescribed me. But anyway, my doctor never once told me that I should start tapering down the dosage. For about 5 months I was simply so satisfied with what they were doing for me that I didnt think about how or when I was going to quit them. I was still on 16mg's a day that whole time. So one day I really started feeling a financial stain from buying these every month. I dont have insurance.

Doctor visit: $150 pr mo
    Suboxone: $360 pr mo
    Total: $510 pr mo

So I started researching myself before my next Dr's visit how the hell am I going to quit these now. To make my already too long of a story shorter I am down to 8mg's a day instead of the ridiculous 16mg's a day. I have been down to 8mg's for a month now and when I take half that (4mg's) a day I feel, well just bad. I cant really explain the feeling. I get depressed and extremely irritable. Some people say that they had no detox or with-drawl effects from Suboxone and some people do. Of course Im in the group "of some that do". One thing that I can say is that the with-drawls arent as bad as what I was going through with the pills but dont get me wrong this is no walk in the park either. Its a completely different with-drawl feeling which is a very ugly feeling also but there is not as many physical with-drawl issues. (like the runs, shakes and that sort) Its more mental.

There are so many conflicting reports people are giving about how to taper off, and what to do and what not to do. I guess that stems from some people feel a with-drawl and some dont.

I guess that what Im looking for is someone who has had or is in a similar situation that I am in right now so I can learn what they are doing to get off or if I can help them in anyway I would be glad to. I want to quit taking these things EVERYDAY.

I also want to say that if your still using and your wanting to quit and you are reading this your mving in the right direction....keep walking the path your walking and it will come. Dunno when or how long it will take but hang in there it will come.
    Buttercup79 and lmc8883 like this.

Buttercup79 is offline New Member

Hi! I'm in the same boat as you - similar story. I am in the process of tapering off these things. I'm down to .49 mgs, and on the third day of this dose. I am experiencing minimal withdrawals with each reduction, but nothing compared to full blown WD, and I'm hopeful about the future. There is a man in this forum named Robert who can help you with a taper schedule. Mine in based on his suggestions. You can do it. Stay strong and if you need a buddy while tapering, I can be your girl
    BugnOut likes this.

Oh, I think why you feel so at 4mgs is because that is a huge jump (8 to 4). I think it's key to reduce your dose by small amounts. Robert suggests tapering down 25% every 4-5 days. I was staying on each dose for a week and a half, but am now only staying on the dose for 5 days and then reduce by another 25% and see how I feel. So far so good. I would think that you should try taking 6 mg for a week or so to get stabilized, and then start the reductions at 25% every 4/5 days. I could be wrong, but ask Robert for help to double check

Thats awesome! Thanks for the reply. I have a few questions for you....

How many mg's were you started on and how long have you been on Subs?

Just curious

In the very beginning when I was taking the subs incorrectly (bouncing between subs and oxy, using it more as a crutch when I couldn't get pills) I was taking 4mgs. That didn't last long. When I got serious about really quitting Oxys and using subs the right way, I started with 2 mgs, then fairly quickly down to 1. Stayed there for a while... Then started tapering about a month ago. When I went from 1mg to .66mg I felt pretty ?????? for a few days, but I stayed on .66 for almost 2 weeks, now I'm on day 3 of the .49 mgs.

When I was using oxy, I was at 120/130 mgs daily at my worst. If you have to do a slow taper, just go with it. Listen to your body. Yu don't have to rush this, and you will be free of subs soon! This board has been helpful in keeping be motivated even when I feel bad. Check out my posts, it will sum up my story. I just joined here recently myself

I have about 50 8mg's films left. I plan on these being my last also. I know with 50 left I have enough to do this correctly. I will find Roberts post that you where talking about and try it.

You where the first person to respond to my post and you seem to have completely understood what I was rambling on about and what I want (need) to do. I sincerely appreciate your responses.

Thank you!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BugnOut View Post
    I have about 50 8mg's films left. I plan on these being my last also. I know with 50 left I have enough to do this correctly. I will find Roberts post that you where talking about and try it.

You where the first person to respond to my post and you seem to have completely understood what I was rambling on about and what I want (need) to do. I sincerely appreciate your responses.

Thank you!

I will be happy to help you. Here is the link to follow that explains the entire process from start to finish that I've used here for years. I used it and wrote it myself after using opiates 35 years. I have almost ten years clean today so it works! LOTS of people have been successful with this protocol. Read it carefully and let me know how I can help you. The 50 filmstrips you have left will be plenty to do the whole thing right here. There is no reason to have to go spend a ton of money at the dr for this ever again. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Robert_325; 12-22-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Good Luck to you! Robert is amazing and he is helping me tremendously. I taper down tomorrow and my dose will be 1.7 for 4 days and if all goes wel, which i anticipate it will i will drop another 25% to 1.27.

Again, Talk to Robert. He has literally saved my life. Good luck and if i can help please let me know. God Bless

Gina

Anonymous Guest

Buttercup,

I have added you as my friend but have a question to ask you. I guess we need to be friend before i private message you something. I did just ask you to be my friend. Look forward to talking to you! God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Bean222 View Post
    Buttercup,

I have added you as my friend but have a question to ask you. I guess we need to be friend before i private message you something. I did just ask you to be my friend. Look forward to talking to you! God Bless
    Hi Bean! How do you 'accept' friends? I can't find anywhere on my profile/account where to do this? I have yet to navigate this board effectively! Haha

Buttercup79 ...I cant figure out the friend thing either. Have you figured it out ?

Anonymous Guest

I think you should get an email. I just need to ask you something and i would like to do it by private message. Have u received and email from me because i know i asked to add you to my friends contact? Let me check again! I am still learning too!

Gonna look now and see if i asked you right and u check your email!

Buttercup79 I added you to my contacts but I dont think there is anywhere to private message...is there?

Anonymous Guest

i have added you to and that is so weird. U are not coming up on my friends list either. I even searched buttercup79 and it came up no member results. WEIRD

OK, i was just gonna ask how long have u been on subs? Also i see you say u re down to .66, is that correct? I also think you said u are using Robert's taper plan as i am. He is awesome. I started a little higher than i would of liked to with tapering down on my dose. If i would of had Robert induct me i would of never started my taper process at 4mg. BUt as of tomorrow i taper down to 1.7. I taper every 4 days just as Robert says to do. If i have anything come up i know he is always there to help me and will make an adjustment. So far so good..

I am nervous the lower my dose gets i may feel so discomfort and i am prepared for that because i am so ready to be clean off the subs and have my life back. How did you start your process? Really was just curious and also how low are you tapering down until you start skipping days if you are even going by Robert's process or close to his process?

Good luck but i read a post or 2 of yours and just wanted to ask you a few question.. Look forward to hearing back from you

Anonymous Guest

Buttercup79 I added you to my contacts but I dont think there is anywhere to private message...is there?
    Hey Bugn,
    Just wanted to say hi and welcome. You have come to the right place to get clean. I too live in your vacinity and know all too well how accessable those things are! I fell into their trap and went down the Suboxone road (almost 4 years ago) too. The Dr's have a nasty habit of inducing you at a rediculous level and then they keep you there for way too long! It's all about the benjamins. I tapered from 24mg's down to about .25mg's over the years, and my final dose was around .125mg's. I have now been clean for 25 days. It is possible, and pretty tolerable as long as you taper and listen to your body. Also being on here for support is wonderful as well! Robert is awesome, and if you follow his advice and plan (and of course put in the work) you have a receipe for success ;-) Good luck and God Bless!
    Bean222 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Dun,

I totally agree with you! So proud of you. That is a long time to be on subs. You are def a success story. I am working my way towards that. I do a dose drop today to 1.7. Was a touch nervous about it because of the holidays but i just need to stay positive and as Robert tells me do not let the anxiety get the best of me. So i am pretty calm this AM.

I believe if i stay calm and relax all will workout I have only hit one little snag last week and Robert had me fixed up in no time. He is a great guy and helps so many people. So B i do suggest you get in touch with Robert. He is the man with the plan.

Dun, i hope you have a Merry Christmas and i always love your uplifting post! God BLess

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bean222 View Post
    Dun,

I totally agree with you! So proud of you. That is a long time to be on subs. You are def a success story. I am working my way towards that. I do a dose drop today to 1.7. Was a touch nervous about it because of the holidays but i just need to stay positive and as Robert tells me do not let the anxiety get the best of me. So i am pretty calm this AM.

I believe if i stay calm and relax all will workout I have only hit one little snag last week and Robert had me fixed up in no time. He is a great guy and helps so many people. So B i do suggest you get in touch with Robert. He is the man with the plan.

Dun, i hope you have a Merry Christmas and i always love your uplifting post! God BLess
    Hey Bean,

Thank you so much, you're really sweet! You're doing awesome! Keep up the great work and you will be there in no time. I agree with Robert on not letting the anxiety get the best of you. When you feel it creeping in get busy and get your mind off of it, and your chances for being successful will increase exponentially! It is serious mental work, but it is worth it! I hope that you have a Merry Christmas as well, and remember I am in your corner rooting for you. YOU CAN DO THIS! Take care and God Bless!
    Bean222 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Dun,

Thank you so much! That means more to me than you know! I will keep you posted and a positive attitude is def the way to go!!!!!!

Dun,
    I appreciate ur response. Every positive response I get really inspires man.
    I am going to get in touch with Robert tomorrow if he is around. I have already
    read his plan. It sounds VERY workable. I only took between 4-5 mgs today.
    The film was ripped so I couldn't tell exactally how much but it was around that
    amount. I am not touching anymore until I talk to Robert and make sure I completely
    understand his plan. This is my last chance at getting this right. I simply can't
    afford buying Subs anymore. I will say one thing though, since I have joined this
    board and talked with people on here my feelings towards quitting these things
    has completely changed from being very apprehensive about trying to quit to
    looking forward to starting this program to quit. That's not bs either. I'm truly
    looking forward to this because I have so much more knowledge about how these
    things (Subs) work and what to expect while quitting them doing it the right way.

It's been a long day, I'm going to sleep early tonight. Very tired.

Robert if u see this I'm coming to find u in the morning man (if u r
    around). I just don't know how many mg's to take tomorrow. I took 4-5mg's
    today and feel fine. I could probably take 2-3mg's and feel ok but havnt
    tried that yet. I just want to simply get with u to get started right and
    The rest of your plan make complete sense to me so I should be
    Ok once I get started correctly. But trust me I will stay in touch for the
    complete journey and let u know what's up.

Anyway y'all... Good night! I'm falling asleep typing this.
    Bean222 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Dun,
    I appreciate ur response. Every positive response I get really inspires man.
    I am going to get in touch with Robert tomorrow if he is around. I have already
    read his plan. It sounds VERY workable. I only took between 4-5 mgs today.
    The film was ripped so I couldn't tell exactally how much but it was around that
    amount. I am not touching anymore until I talk to Robert and make sure I completely
    understand his plan. This is my last chance at getting this right. I simply can't
    afford buying Subs anymore. I will say one thing though, since I have joined this
    board and talked with people on here my feelings towards quitting these things
    has completely changed from being very apprehensive about trying to quit to
    looking forward to starting this program to quit. That's not bs either. I'm truly
    looking forward to this because I have so much more knowledge about how these
    things (Subs) work and what to expect while quitting them doing it the right way.

It's been a long day, I'm going to sleep early tonight. Very tired.

Robert if u see this I'm coming to find u in the morning man (if u r
    around). I just don't know how many mg's to take tomorrow. I took 4-5mg's
    today and feel fine. I could probably take 2-3mg's and feel ok but havnt
    tried that yet. I just want to simply get with u to get started right and
    The rest of your plan make complete sense to me so I should be
    Ok once I get started correctly. But trust me I will stay in touch for the
    complete journey and let u know what's up.

Anyway y'all... Good night! I'm falling asleep typing this.

Bug .... I will be on the forum tomorrow on and off while I'm working on my lasagna sauce for Christmas, so if it takes me a few minutes to reply that is the reason. I make a big deal out of my lasagna, it's an obsession with me doing the sauce perfectly. Guess I'm a little OCD! I spend the entire day just doing the sauce.

I look forward to helping you in any way that I'm able. I would consider it a pleasure. That is why I'm here! We'll talk tomorrow and you won't have to look hard for me. Post right here on this thread. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.