Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By bekka1964
  • 1 Post By bekka1964
  • 1 Post By HeadStarter
  • 1 Post By HeadStarter
  • 1 Post By bekka1964
  • 2 Post By nomo momo
NEWBIE here (kinda)~pls advise down to last 9 tablets(Robert HELP)
    bekka1964 is offline Junior Member

Default NEWBIE here (kinda)~pls advise down to last 9 tablets(Robert HELP)

Hello everyone! I have been here before but had to reg with new email,old one hacked beyond repair. Hopefully I wil get help and maybe help some others. I am a good listener. I am getting a bit desperate her. I have been on suboxone since May 2011. I want to stop and really I have too, cant afford it anymore. 8-9 bucks a tab and 150 a month for doctor. I am down to my last 9 tablets unless I go back to doctor. I have tapered down to 2mg twice a day,so the crucial time is coming up. I will need alot of support through it and even after I will be happy to stick around and help others. I'm on skype robbie.annett. getting ready to logon for work (I work from home) so I will check back later. Take Good Care! Have a nice day! ps. everyone get taxes done? (i did not
    HeadStarter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bekka1964 View Post
    Hello everyone! I have been here before but had to reg with new email,old one hacked beyond repair. Hopefully I wil get help and maybe help some others. I am a good listener. I am getting a bit desperate her. I have been on suboxone since May 2011. I want to stop and really I have too, cant afford it anymore. 8-9 bucks a tab and 150 a month for doctor. I am down to my last 9 tablets unless I go back to doctor. I have tapered down to 2mg twice a day,so the crucial time is coming up. I will need alot of support through it and even after I will be happy to stick around and help others. I'm on skype robbie.annett. getting ready to logon for work (I work from home) so I will check back later. Take Good Care! Have a nice day! ps. everyone get taxes done? (i did not
    I found alot of info just by reading the other threads. I will keep checking back, and I do have a friend I can call for daily support. take care
    HeadStarter likes this.

HeadStarter is offline New Member

I found alot of info just by reading the other threads. I will keep checking back, and I do have a friend I can call for daily support. take care
    Hi Bekka...

I feel for you and hope you will be able to check back with that doctor at least once. This is a tough one to do by yourself and having the advice and support of your doctor would be helpful to you as well.

There are substitutes so perhaps your doctor can recommend something else. This doctor should be able to come up with less expensive alternatives and or other suggestions for you...like "talk" therapy, if it is called for.

I am new to this community and not as familiar with this med. I'll go check it out so perhaps my next post can be a bit more informed.

The support is here, Bekka and it takes courage to post about this stuff and ask for help. CONGRATULATIONS, you took that first step...I look forward to getting to know you better and helping you along the way, if I can. I'll keep you in my prayers and ask for guidance, support and wisdom for you so that the answers will become clear to you as you seek them through this journey.

Blessings,
    Mary
    bekka1964 likes this.

Hi Bekka...

Just adding in this bit of information:

"Do not stop taking Suboxone without first talking to your doctor. Your doctor may want to gradually reduce the dose to avoid or minimize withdrawal symptoms."

So keeping your doctor in the loop is probably a good idea in case you need assistance in your offline life.

Blessings,
    Mary
    bekka1964 likes this.

Thanks Mary, the problem with the dr is kinda of extensive. My first visit was May 2011,then June ,after that they let me do phone visits,still had to pay 150 but did not have to see dr.and I was on subutex at first. about 3mos ago my pharmancy was no longer suppling subutex. I do not have a car and I work from home, so the pharmancy recc I ask dr for a subsitute. Thats when they called in suboxone,the next month I did phone visit and the meds did not get called into pharmancy,it was a thurs and dr office closed on fri,I was out of meds. so I paged the dr,he was nice at first then he said WHY are you on suboxone?? I was baffled? he said I must have begged them for it?? I could not believe my ears.He had some other ugly things to say. So at that point he did call the 60 tabs in but I started cutting myself down on my own. so a one month supply would last 2 mos. I figured if I can get by on 2mg a day for a few days and continue cutting back with 9 tabs left I should be able to do it. I hope so. gonna try and the imformation I get here is priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStarter View Post
    Hi Bekka...

Just adding in this bit of information:

"Do not stop taking Suboxone without first talking to your doctor. Your doctor may want to gradually reduce the dose to avoid or minimize withdrawal symptoms."

So keeping your doctor in the loop is probably a good idea in case you need assistance in your offline life.

Blessings,
    Mary
    HeadStarter likes this.

nomo momo is offline Member

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Bekka, if you have not already, take a look at this link for the taper plan that has been successful for many.

Based on what you have shared here, I really think you do not have enough subs left, at least to not go into some pretty moderate withdrawal. Assuming you have 8mg tabs and yesterday still took 4mg, you would come up short about half way through the recommended taper plan.

I also would like Robert_325 to comment here as he is the real expert when it comes to induction and tapering, although i think if you are stable at 4mg per day, he would agree you can continue on the taper plan rather than re-induct. --- I will try to get him to stop in here.

So you have been on subutex then suboxone for a total of about 12 months?

How did you get to 4mgs? Where did you start? What has been recent dosages say for the past month?

Do you think you can go back to the Dr. 1 more time? Or see another sub Dr. 1 more time?

I'm sorry my reply is not definitive but I do know Robert will ask you similar questions and aside from that, I'm sure you can use the support.

I commend you for taking the initiative to get off of the subs! Good Luck!
    HeadStarter and bekka1964 like this.

Default Hey Bekka, Be careful and monitor your reactions

So you are down to 2mg a day because you are splitting the tabs? Do you have a "Plan B" if this doesn't work so well??? I am concerned for you that is all and hope you will consider all of your options in case the one you are planning on...doesn't go so well.

Keep us posted in case you need the additional support and so we know how you are fairing along the way....

God Bless,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by HeadStarter View Post
    So you are down to 2mg a day because you are splitting the tabs? Do you have a "Plan B" if this doesn't work so well??? I am concerned for you that is all and hope you will consider all of your options in case the one you are planning on...doesn't go so well.

Keep us posted in case you need the additional support and so we know how you are fairing along the way....

God Bless,
    Mary

It looks to me that Bekka is taking 2 doses of 2mg = 4mg per day as of yesterday.

No I have no plan B. I am hoping if I follow the thread above,I will beable to get through with minimual wd. thanks for checking with me, I have trouble navigateing around here,guess I just have to get used to it. I will save the thread this time so I can refer back easier. have a good day
    Quote Originally Posted by nomo momo View Post
    It looks to me that Bekka is taking 2 doses of 2mg = 4mg per day as of yesterday.

THank you so much. I was on subutex for 9mos then switched to suboxone. I started at 8-10mg a day and I am down to 2-4. I need to get my self on a better schedule and dont understand why I am having such a tough time. some days I take a 2mg in the morning and by dinner I realize thats all I took and I will wake up sweating and feeling not sick but a little stange so I will take another 2mg thats whay I say 4 mg every 24hrs. this morning I took 2mg and broke in half and took that at 8am. I think I am mainly just getting very nervous about running out and I cant think straight. wanted to acknowledge your response and anyone else who responed that I missed..thank you so much. I am going to the taper thread and then get my doses ready for the rest of week
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Bekka, if you have not already, take a look at this link for the taper plan that has been successful for many.

Based on what you have shared here, I really think you do not have enough subs left, at least to not go into some pretty moderate withdrawal. Assuming you have 8mg tabs and yesterday still took 4mg, you would come up short about half way through the recommended taper plan.

I also would like Robert_325 to comment here as he is the real expert when it comes to induction and tapering, although i think if you are stable at 4mg per day, he would agree you can continue on the taper plan rather than re-induct. --- I will try to get him to stop in here.

So you have been on subutex then suboxone for a total of about 12 months?

How did you get to 4mgs? Where did you start? What has been recent dosages say for the past month?

Do you think you can go back to the Dr. 1 more time? Or see another sub Dr. 1 more time?

I'm sorry my reply is not definitive but I do know Robert will ask you similar questions and aside from that, I'm sure you can use the support.

I commend you for taking the initiative to get off of the subs! Good Luck!

hey n
    bekka, just wanted to let you know i did ask Robert to stop in to check on you but i am almost certain he did not see it yet....he was having difficulty getting on here the past few days. i'm sure he will be in soon.

thank you i look forward to his imput. So far so good. I feel a bit more confident and organized about taking this journey with your advice & suport and that that others have given me. this of course is not my first rodeo.but at my age this has to be it. I want to live the rest of my life free of narcotics & other addictive things. I did starta journal but I am doing it in writing so at the end I can burn the pages in a bonfire,my husband said when I am ready he will take me to do my favorite thing for vacation and that's camping. have a good day!
    hey n
    bekka, just wanted to let you know i did ask Robert to stop in to check on you but i am almost certain he did not see it yet....he was having difficulty getting on here the past few days. i'm sure he will be in soon.

Robert has been here but it looks as if he still is having pc issues.

Where are you at with sub doses?

You said you took half of a 2mg, so 1mg @ 8am yesterday? and since then?

I took 2 more doses of 1mg approx. 2 more times about 5hrs apart. Then I crushed an 8mg to seperate,took approx 1mg at 8am this morning. I am going to the store to find a tiny measuring spoon & a pill organizer, think that will be easier than having crushed sub in a empty pill bottle I did spill a little.18th-21st 3mg ~12mg
    22nd-25th 2.25mg~9mg
    26th-29th 1.5mg~6mg
    30th-3rd 1.125mg~3mg
    4th-7th .75mg
    8th-11th .5mg
    12-15th .25mg
    Then start skipping days
    I am following the schedule you gave me (thanks again) so tomorrow will be last day at 3mg. are we allowed to give email addresses on here? if so I will post next time. in case we have trouble catching up on here..this is a big forum...have a great day!
    Robert has been here but it looks as if he still is having pc issues.

Where are you at with sub doses?

You said you took half of a 2mg, so 1mg @ 8am yesterday? and since then?

I see Robert all over this forum, he just posted in a new member thread this morning, either I dont stand out enough or he just does not have the time for me too. But I am fine you &headstarter & suzie and a couple others have been helpful. I am running out to the store,check back in a bit. thanks agian
    I took 2 more doses of 1mg approx. 2 more times about 5hrs apart. Then I crushed an 8mg to seperate,took approx 1mg at 8am this morning. I am going to the store to find a tiny measuring spoon & a pill organizer, think that will be easier than having crushed sub in a empty pill bottle I did spill a little.18th-21st 3mg ~12mg
    22nd-25th 2.25mg~9mg
    26th-29th 1.5mg~6mg
    30th-3rd 1.125mg~3mg
    4th-7th .75mg
    8th-11th .5mg
    12-15th .25mg
    Then start skipping days
    I am following the schedule you gave me (thanks again) so tomorrow will be last day at 3mg. are we allowed to give email addresses on here? if so I will post next time. in case we have trouble catching up on here..this is a big forum...have a great day!

few thoughts...

I can't speak for Robert but a big part of his plan is the induction, which you are past and I know he would have wanted it another way. Be it as it may that doesn't mean he won't necessarily help you or chime in and it doesn't mean you can't be successful!

If i read your schedule correctly you are taking 3mg daily now and will drop to 2.25 on sunday. your next drop to 1.5 would actually be 1/3 rather than 1/4 and then i see from .75 to ,5(1/3, .5 to .25(1/2). Robert's plan calls for a 25% reduction every 4 days until skipping days but he will also tell you to keep yourself stable while continuing to make progress. No problem with planning it out like you have but don't get down on yourself if you need an extra day at a level.....the point is to stay stable. For me, one day at a time is working.

I am unsure of the rules but this is an anonymous forum and as such, i do not see personal emails on here. Not that emails can't carry the same anonymity but you will have support to help you through....don't hesitate to ask around....i have found that most are in Rx addiction & suboxone treatment.

I hope you have a Great day as well!

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hi There Bekka
    I had a look at your taper schedule. For what you have left that's probably the best thing you could do. Robert reccomends a reduction of .25 mg every FOUR days until your at .25 mg's and ready to jump off. If you are very uncomfortable you can take a .25 mg sliver but it puts you back to your last dosing amount. What your actually doing is rapidly jumping off about 2 or 3 mgs after a year. It won't be effortless but you'll be okay. Its not the common horse dose of sub people are usually trying to get off of. What I would suggest to try and slow this down a bit is skip doses every other day between your taper plan. I think that would help you a LOT.

During my taper I purchased some small ziploc bags commonly sold for drug packaging and cut my doses up ahead of time. I labeled them Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 etc. I have done this slowly and I am currently at .25 mgs every other day. I am also six months pregnant so I think a little slower was best for me.

If you can, go to the ER or regular Doctor and ask for a benzo to help you through the last few days when you completely jump off. If you get very ill most ER Doctors will write you some scripts to help you through for nausea, blood pressure etc. DO NOT accept any morphine doses etc. They sometimes will try to do it to be helpful but only make it worse. I have felt slight discomforts but I must say its MILD and not bothersome enough to stop working or functioning. I yawn a lot, feel hot and cold tingles, nausea and loose bowels.

You may feel symptoms throughout your entire taper that will progressively get worse when you stop completely OR you may feel no symptoms until a day or two after you stop and then be symptomatic for a week or two. I suggest staying here posting frequently especially in the need to talk forum, find a support buddy (I am available) and keep BUSY. Robert is a busy guy and he is in high demand, I wouldn't take offense. He is not a magician and continually reccomends the same plan for most which is the .25 reduction every four days. Good luck.

Nadia

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Hi There Bekka
    I had a look at your taper schedule. For what you have left that's probably the best thing you could do. Robert reccomends a reduction of .25 mg every FOUR days until your at .25 mg's and ready to jump off. If you are very uncomfortable you can take a .25 mg sliver but it puts you back to your last dosing amount. What your actually doing is rapidly jumping off about 2 or 3 mgs after a year. It won't be effortless but you'll be okay. Its not the common horse dose of sub people are usually trying to get off of. What I would suggest to try and slow this down a bit is skip doses every other day between your taper plan. I think that would help you a LOT.

Robert is a busy guy and he is in high demand, I wouldn't take offense. He is not a magician and continually reccomends the same plan for most which is the .25 reduction every four days. Good luck.

Nadia
    just a note i think you mistakenly wrote the reduction wrong....its actually to reduce by 25% current dose every 4 days, not .25mg. And I have not seen Robert recommend skipping days until down to .25mg daily although i'm pretty sure he started skipping at .5mg himself way back when.

Your right its 25% my bad. I haven't seen him say anything about skipping that was something I recomended.

Thanks to everyone chiming in and helping out. I have learned so much. i am sorry if it seemed I took aoffense. I reread what I wrote and I was not trying to offend just stating the fact that I see Robert in the fourm posting other places but just had not made to me yet, thinking in my head I KNOW he's busy and has people hes been helping so I REALLY DID NOT MEAN IT negitively. So I am doing ok. the less tablets I have the more nervous I get. I tried crushing a 8mg tablet plus a little more to make 9mg and taking out what I measured out as 1mg and it did last 3 days. Then I got a a pill organizer for 2 weeks and broke up little over 2 tabs and put a daily dose of about 1.75 .as I am writing this I am confusing myself and relizing thats not correct.I am going back to my taper calender so I can get it right...ugh thanks for being here.
    just a note i think you mistakenly wrote the reduction wrong....its actually to reduce by 25% current dose every 4 days, not .25mg. And I have not seen Robert recommend skipping days until down to .25mg daily although i'm pretty sure he started skipping at .5mg himself way back when.

Hi Bekka,
    I'm sure it is nerve wracking to see your meds get lower and lower. I would suggest breaking your doses up all ahead of time right to the last days dose and having it ready. Don't touch or handle it except to take your dose. That's what I do. Mine is already ready in a small plastic baggie, I take it every AM and don't touch the meds after that. Keep yourself busy! Although it's good not to think about it, it's something you do need to think about. Your last day will come, it will be your last dose. Be prepared mentally. It's gonna happen! Make sure you plan a busy day for that day. Second, can you exersize? That makes a HUGE difference. If you start now it will help keep your energy up and your endorphins high through w/d. If you exersize and take vitamins NOW your body will be better prepared.