Like Tree1Likes
need help!!! think i need to reinduce!!!
    Elad22 is offline New Member

Default need help!!! think i need to reinduce!!!

Hello all... I've been on suboxone for 10 days now and I don't think im doing it right tried the induction, stabilization, taper plan as per Robert_325's instruction on a post I read but somethings not right. ? I have 9/ 8mg strips left and am hoping to start over so I wont feel like CR*P anymore. Can someone take the time to walk me through the process again so I can succeed in getting through this without going crazy? I'd really appreciate it.
    thanks.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 08-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elad22 View Post
    Hello all... I've been on suboxone for 10 days now and I don't think im doing it right tried the induction, stabilization, taper plan as per Robert_325's instruction on a post I read but somethings not right. ? I have 9/ 8mg strips left and am hoping to start over so I wont feel like CR*P anymore. Can someone take the time to walk me through the process again so I can succeed in getting through this without going crazy? I'd really appreciate it.
    thanks.
    Hello and welcome to the forum. You'll have to provide more information so others can be of help. Like how much Suboxone are you taking per day right now? Any other meds taken? Anything you want to share so we can help you. Post again and provide ALL the info you care to share and someone will get back to you.

Please know that the weekends are slow, but someone is here usually that can help you. Again welcome and congratulations for wanting to change your life!

Karen

Thanks Karen! Started 7/31 ...my suboxone Dr said to take 3/4 an 8mg film a day then just when I feel w/d coming on.. ? Kinda vague don't ya think? She. Said she'd see me in a month. Im not to sure how im expected to make the 14/8mg films last that long cause what she instructed me to do isn't really any kind of organized process with a tapering plan. She is kinda like all the other DR s I've dealt with so I figured I'd look up a plan and found Robert_325's and it made sense and seemed practical. So I tried it and failed. ...I was just feeling worse every day. So now I want to give it another try but not sure how to ...do I have to go into w/d again to reinduce or? ??? Just would like some help on this. I was under the assumption that what my Dr had started me on was way too much but now im not sure and just confused. Just want to start low and taper off this stuff as soon as what will be deemed smart and safe. Only other meds is zoloft 100 mg once a day and. .5 ativan every now and then when im to wired to sleep. Anyone got any advise?....I could sure use it....
    Oh yeah was talking dilaudid 36 mg a day for 2 years cause of bulging disks

Anonymous Guest

if you go without for as long as possible. and then use the cows worksheet. (google it) and then follow roberts taper plan, you should be able to reinduct yourself on a low dose. go back to that doc one more time, tell them whatever they need to hear. and get out of there with as much subs as possible to make this work.

all the best. im on the road so cant post much.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Listen to cheeky she knows what she is doing and can walk you through this,
    Sup Cheeky, Da Kiwi knows !

splitcane is offline Junior Member

To echo what surfdog said...listen to cheekysod and Karen.....they know what they are talking about and have been thru this...they helped me and I am following Roberts plan as well...so far so good in my world...i am doing it off the grid and get my subs from a friend at $8 each worth every penny.......do exactly what cheekysod said and tell that doctor whatever he or she needs to hear to get your hands on enough Sub to do this right.....you can do it. I tried to get a bit aggressive with the taper and started dropping too fast......I quickly learned that patience is a requirement.....hopefully Karen or maybe if you're lucky Robert will jump in and walk you thru a re-induction.....if they do....LISTEN TO THEM.....if you want to do this then you will.....you can do it...the fact that you are here asking for help is a major step...just keep stepping in the right direction. Good luck to you....I am dealing with it myself and understand how you feel...hang in there.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elad22 View Post
    Thanks Karen! Started 7/31 ...my suboxone Dr said to take 3/4 an 8mg film a day then just when I feel w/d coming on.. ? Kinda vague don't ya think? She. Said she'd see me in a month. Im not to sure how im expected to make the 14/8mg films last that long cause what she instructed me to do isn't really any kind of organized process with a tapering plan. She is kinda like all the other DR s I've dealt with so I figured I'd look up a plan and found Robert_325's and it made sense and seemed practical. So I tried it and failed. ...I was just feeling worse every day. So now I want to give it another try but not sure how to ...do I have to go into w/d again to reinduce or? ??? Just would like some help on this. I was under the assumption that what my Dr had started me on was way too much but now im not sure and just confused. Just want to start low and taper off this stuff as soon as what will be deemed smart and safe. Only other meds is zoloft 100 mg once a day and. .5 ativan every now and then when im to wired to sleep. Anyone got any advise?....I could sure use it....
    Oh yeah was talking dilaudid 36 mg a day for 2 years cause of bulging disks
    Maybe you can do as Cheeky advises and go back to your doctor and get more subs and then come back here and follow a plan she can lay out for you. She has lots of needed experience with the subs. I only have minimal experience myself, but will be happy to offer you my support while you are attempting to get your life in order.

Follow Cheeky's plan of going back to your doctor, tell him or her what you need to so that you can HOPEFULLY leave the office with a script for as many subs as possible. Then come back and post to Cheeky and she'll take it from there. I have some ideas, but like I said, minimal experience helping others with an induction and taper. I'm learning, but not quite there yet.

You could read my thread that's in the "Need to Talk" section here. But just know in advance that my sub experience is NOT your typical experience. I had no symptoms or problems of any kind. Most everyone has some kind of trouble, symptoms, or issues with the subs. Doesn't mean it has to be that way with you. Everyone is different and you make your own rules. But I can tell you the more you put into this, the more you get out of it. In other words you have to WANT IT bad enough.

I'm sure you do, so just try to get more subs and come back here ok. Read the sub therapy thread of Robert's so you can see what is about to happen during the sub induction and subsequent taper. You'll get lots of support as you go along. So the next step is up to you. Let us know what's going on ok?

Karen

Wow...wrote a long a** reply but guess I didn't post it and have been waiting for a notification that I received an answer. oh well. To sum it up...im. broke, my DRs a quack and I now have 7/8mg films left.. I didn't want to go this route but I do feel better ..a lot better taking a little more than I had been. Just scared ill run out before my next appointment ...urgghh...its like being on pills all over again...help.

And thanks to all for responding!

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

How much are you taking per day? Did you reinduct yourself? Give more info and we'll see what we can do to help you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Ok cool. Well I didn't reinduce. I just uped my dose a little to about 4 mg a day. ..2mg x2 a day. I was just taking 3little slivers daily in hopes that the less I take the easier it would be to get off .... not gonna do that again! . Did some thinking ( yeah I know scary) but really im on my 3rd week and only taking 4mg a day that has to be pretty good right? Think ill make it to my next appointment and once I get my new script I can use them to start tapering down. What do ya think? Am I on the right track? Feeling so much better now and can actually think clearly so any advice is welcomed!
    Thanks again for the support
    Dale

You definitely didn't induct correctly and are on a higher dose than you would have been had you done it correctly. At least, however, you are stable. You need to start tapering. You don't have that many subs left. When is your next appointment? If you are stable at 4mg. per day, you should probably start reducing by .25 per day AT LEAST, which would be about 3.5 mg. per day and split the dose in two. In 3 days, you should reduce another .25% AT LEAST. You needed to induct at the lowest possible amount. You could probably have inducted at 1 or 2 mg. You can't do this willy nilly. Subs ARE an opiate. You best get some more or you are going to run out. You said you only had 7/ 8mg. films left back on the 16th. Get straight here. How much sub do you have? You can reduce from this amount, but if you only have a few subs left, you are going to be in trouble. You need to start reducing right now. Re read the taper plan. Let me know what you have.

Peace,

Iloerose

Have 3 1/2 8mg films left and my Dr appointment is on 8/28.. and yes I know that I didn't induce right that's why im asking for help my sub Dr originally wanted me to start on 16mg a day but I knew that that was crazy! So I just winged it at a little sliver a couple times a day and felt like cr*p. Until I finally stabilized at the dose im at now...about 4 days ago.not trying to fool anyone its just if you can't trust a MD who supposedly is an expert you have to ask those who know for help.

I thought someone else would jump in and advise you on how to get through with the 3 1/2 you have left until the 28th. Are you hanging in there? Sorry, I didn't mean to add hurt to injury with the induction remark. Hopefully you've been doing some reductions, but staying stable. Don't want to see anyone relapse. I don't know what your dr. is thinking, but hopefully you will get enough to see you through your taper. Just checking on you and hoping you're hanging tight.

Peace,

Iloerose

Hey thanks for the concern and yeah im doing ok. Some days are better than others I just know I have to do this. Got 2 1/4 to last until my appointment on the 28th...that should be enough. When I get my new script I really want to cut down to almost nothing but I know I must be patient and do this the right way. Just sick of how I feel and want to be normal again
    Ill definitely post up again when I get my new script and follow all the advise I get.
    Thanks to all, Dale

Hey, Dale, You will get there! As someone wise says here all the time: this too shall pass.

Peace,

Iloerose

thanks! I think I needed to hear that. hit a little speedbump but nothing im scared over....have my Dr appointment tomorrow on the 28th but had to cancel cause I wont have the funds till the 31st. im not too concerned cause at my taper rate I should be ok till then. ill keep all posted

bppb is offline Member

Hope your doing ok. Get more subs and there are plenty of people here that can offer you their two cents. Good Luck!
    Sub Free: 8/6/2012

Well....got an appointment for Saturday morning so all should be good
    thanks!

Hope you're hanging in there. Let us know when you get your subs so we can help you get a decent taper going. Sounds like you've got a good mindset! Hang tough!

Peace,

Iloerose

Well went to my Dr app. On Saturday and got a script for 14 8mg/2mg films but.....the really inexpensive pharmacy I drive 60 miles to was closed till today. And im visiting my Dad in Laguna for a few days and everything out here is so much more exprensive! But he will help me get my medication of course,just. Really a lot more than I pay..ill post back in when I got em

Got 14 8/2mg films but am at an impass...have been concentrating on regulating my suboxone intake so I've failed at coming up with a plan on dealing with my neck and back pain! Really want more than anything to be pain free but am unsure of how. Thing is the suboxone has been a big help cause it does make my pain subside for a while much like the PK's use to. I would like some opinions on this matter cause im much better( in all aspects) on the Subs than I was on the full opiates but my pain is still unbearable. ??..want to be Med free but maybe the Suboxone is benificial to my condition? IDK ..any suggestions? ??

Anyone?????

surfdog is offline Senior Member

suboxone really does not work well for pain is my understanding butt don't take that as gospel not positive Dog