Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
need help with sub taper
    beoversoon is offline New Member

Question need help with sub taper

i am new to this community,i read a lot but never post.this site has helped me a lot threw my detox and i love reading the post on here because it gives me hope(crying now lol).....i have slowly tapered off of suboxone down to .25 mill,i cut an 8 mill strip into 8 1 mill pieces and then cut one of those into 4 pieces,i have took that for 4 days now and felt fine so yesterday i stopped.....boom straight into the withdrawels...it seems that the little speckle i am taking should not have that much affect on me but it does.i want this soooo bad so my question is do i cut the .25 pieces down even smaller or just tough it out...i have came this far and i do not want to screw it up,but then again i have to work all weekend and can not lose my job.....please anyone help!!!!

iloerose is online now Platinum Member

First of all you are not going to screw anything up. What are your w/d symptoms? Do you think they're manageable? If you don't think they're manageable then you can take the .25mg. Many people do "skip" days.
    Last edited by iloerose; 03-29-2013 at 06:16 PM.

thanks for replying....mostly cold chills,hot flashes,bad anxiety,and havnt really slept great since the jump....depression and being very emotional have been lingering for a while now,i guess that comes with it.if i continue the .25 do i need to go 4 days again and cut down or just start skipping days on the .25.Thank you so much!!

You took your last .25mg. yesterday, right? You could use that as a skip day or you could stabilize on the .25mg. and taper to .125mg. You may not get out of this totally w/d symptom free. It's just how bad the w/d is and only you know how you feel. Keep me posted. Let me know what you want to do.

Peace,

Iloerose

i think im going to stablize then drop to the.125,because today being the second day was pretty bad and i am so scared of the withdrawals....i guess i will get as low as possible then start skipping days...i was feeling strong and confident and i think i jumped the gun on stopping...just so ready to feel what normal feels like again...thank you so much!!

Good news, be over. Yup. Get back on the .25mg. and stabilize, probably about 3-4 days then 4 days at .125mg. and then you can skip days if you want or just drop from the .125. DO NOT borrow trouble worrying about w/d. I'm not going to say that you will have NO w/d when you finish, but the w/d should be minimized. What you can do is get yourself ready: Positive mindset is the most important. There are supplements you can take that WILL help. You can google the Thomas Recipe for some of those. Take a good multi-vitamin, including magnesium and pottasium. For some of the symptoms you did experience:

1. Stay hydrated, water, pure fruit juices: gatorade (electrolytes and helps with RLS)
    2. Hyland's Restful Leg (RLS)
    3. If you experience lethargy and lack of motivation: L-tyrosine with B-6 (b-6 is crucial for the L-t to
    metabolize)
    4. EXERCISE. Even moderate exercise will help you.
    5. Sleep: benedryl is fine, but you can also try melatonin, sleepy time tea.

You probably did jump the gun. Some people do stop at .25mg. and get away with it, not without some symptoms though and some, well, it's just too soon.Some just tough it out. Everyone is different though. You want to listen to your body, but never get complacent. As addicts, we are wimps sometimes when it comes to losing our DOC. W/D symptoms loom like the monsters in our closets when we were young. Our brains fight us.

Keep posting and let us know how you are! Have a good night's sleep.

Peace,

Iloerose
    subsnomore and alexnt like this.

I see you have been reading threads. A good one to read is HarrySmooth's thread. LOL. There's great information there and it's humorous as well.

yes i have read lots and i love hearing great stories,thats how i know i can do this.i went a head and started the suplements and eating healthy a couple of weeks ago so they can be in my system and the exercise as well,i just hope i can keep it up when im done....im not so scared of a relapse im just scared of the withdrawels because i have been there before while using,so i know what to expect im just dredding it so bad...but thank you for the great advice and your time and im gonna run the sub out as little as i can cut it lol....although .25 is pretty small already

Btw..maybe one day i can help someone like you have helped me

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Beover. I take it you decided to stay on .25 for the next few days then reduce. You might reduce to .187 since that would be a 25% drop. I myself went from .25 and dropped to .20 is what i always tell people. I had a bunch of .25 lefts and snipped off a little of each one so i dont know if it was .20. Might have been .18 to .21. I then jumped form there and did it by skipping days. I see Rose has already given you good advise as she always does. Keep posting and let us know how your doing.

Alex
    iloerose likes this.

Yeah, what alex , (he gives excellent advice and knows his stuff), said: you can even do slower drops. Listen to your body and try to stay out of your head. Don't borrow trouble, simply deal with today. One day at a time: that is what you need to focus on. Don't get into projecting what MIGHT happen. You're almost there: CLEAN. Every bit of what you do should be working to the goal of none. Check out alex's thread. When you're afraid of something the fear outweighs the reality.

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

thanks for the great advice guys,it just seems like since i started back which was on day 2 the .25 hasnt been enough and before i jumped it was fine.im still having symptoms on the .25 but i dont think its worth going back up on the dose,and plus im down to only 3 mills left and i cant get any more nor do i want too,im suppose to drop again in a few days but now im thinking do i stay at .25 a couple of more days till i stablize or go on ahead with the drop,my symptoms are liveable on the .25 just aggravating

No, don't go back up in dose. Give yourself a few more days at the .25mg. Just don't get complacent or scared, it's like the big bad witch in the deep dark woods: but don't let the possibility of w/d get into your head. Like I said, you might not get out symptoms free, symptoms can be treated and managed, yeah, it's going to be worth a bit of aggravation to finally be sub free and drug free. So focus on what you can do to make yourself comfortable. If you mention specific symptoms, we can perhaps give you some of our ideas of how to get more comfortable.

You also mentioned before about helping people: when you post, discuss your situation, get over the hurdles and humps it DOES help people. Many people who are thinking of quitting see this and know that there is HOPE. That they too can get through this, just like you will, so you are already contributing!

Peace,

Iloerose
    alexnt likes this.

with the .25 my symptoms are mostly sweats and bad anxiety,and for the chills i feel one every now and then....i almost think this would be easier if it was summer time but not sure,mentally i am stable but i still feel those tears boil up at the craziest things lol....it really tore me up when i thought i could jump but couldnt, i have let that go now....i just keep thinking i only have a couple more weeks of this and im free....it is going to be so worth it but i also know i have more obstacles ahead of me but this hurdle is a big one,i have the rest of my life to be clean and i love how that sounds..and so thankfull that there are people like you guys out there to help me thru it!!

and trust me this is nothing compared to how i have felt in the past so many times when i didnt have my doc....so glad to be where im at right now and will push on through it!!

oh and also its been raining a lot here so i have not been out of the house much,i have noticed being out and being motivated really helps a lot and i think thats a big part of my problems

Try some valerian root for anxiety and stay hydrated. Yeah, try to keep yourself distracted and stay out of your head. I think you'll feel better once you're stable on the .25, then you can taper further either to .187 as Alex said or .125, whichever you feel comfortable with. Yup, you're so close! You'll get there. The symptoms you speak of are bothersome, but the anxiety for sure should go down, that was the real bothersome thing for me, but the further I got from my DOC, the further away the anxiety. In fact, crazy as it seems, I was more anxious on the drug then going off of it. We will definitely hang in there for you! Every step of the way (and you're welcome, just paying it forward).

Peace

Iloerose
    Kikker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by beoversoon View Post
    oh and also its been raining a lot here so i have not been out of the house much,i have noticed being out and being motivated really helps a lot and i think thats a big part of my problems
    Beover being cooped up could very well be part of your problem. Sitting around doing nothing at least for this addict is no good. Just get stable on the .25 agaian and definitally dont go up as that will really mess things up. You should be back to normal on .25 probably by day 3. As you mentioned your having a little discomfort but when you feel that just think back to when you were out of your DOC and sick and compare it to that. Helped me all through my taper.
    Alex
    Kikker and iloerose like this.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by beoversoon View Post
    Btw..maybe one day i can help someone like you have helped me
    u already are helping my friend. just by posting u help me to learn more about this, and in return i am able to better help others. we all help each other. we pay it forward.

every post u make helps SOMEONE.

wanted to welcome u to the forum. i have been reading along and u have been getting excellent advice and suggestions from Iloerose and Alex. they both know what they are speaking about i promise u.

just keep posting and if something comes up and i am logged on i will jump in and give ya a shout.
    iloerose and alexnt like this.

guys it feels so good to have people there for me,i have no one here for me so i am doing this alone....my family has no idea about this and only a select few friends even know....im ashamed to tell my true friends and my pill buddies i want nothing to do with,sometimes addiction feels like a whole nother life that consumes your real life....i actually started this with a friend of mine who has relapsed numerous times since then,when he has money he buys pills and when hes broke he takes the sub(you know how that goes)..i really tried helping him but it seems hes not done chasing the high yet and my main priority right now is to fix myself then work on him...hes not trying to push anything on me and hes still got my back but i have slowly been putting distance between us because i am totally done with this lifestyle and dont want any temptation around me if you know what i mean....every day gets better and better and having people like you guys( who have been there and done that)to talk to about it makes it a whole lot better....thanks guys for all your help and support and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer and closer! and i think what you guys do for people is amazing and far better than most doctors because they have never been there and seems like they are all about the money,just my opinion!
    alexnt likes this.

A lot of people feel the same way you do about the docs. Robert_325 started the sub protocol and through the years it has served as a template of sorts for people who want off the subs or do not want to get stuck on subs for extended time.

It's hard to put distance between friends, but sometimes that's what you have to do. You're so close to getting there, a few more tapers and you're done and then you need to learn to be clean again. Staying away from triggers and learning how to stay clean are the hard parts. But you know how hard it is to finally to make the decision to be free of pills. Opiates rob us of so much of our "free will".

I'm glad to hear that each day is getting better and better for you. Are you getting stable on the .25mg? You are doing great! Glad you didn't just give in and just dusted yourself and got back up again to your taper. Stay strong!!!!

Peace,

Iloerose

yes rose the .25 is working great now,im planing on tapering again pretty soon prolly monday....i felt good yesterday and today as well...im gonna wait till monday because my son is going in the hospital tomorrow for a procedure and he wont be out until sunday and i just dont want the extra stress if the drop dont go as planned...guess im just being a worry wart lol,thank you as always rose and i will keep u posted.

Don't worry about going the extra days. Priority one Your son. Deal with that first and you need to deal with this with a clear mind. I hope your son will be o.k. I have one son, my only child and I know any type of hospital procedure would near put me in a panic. When you're ready, then drop. Alex gave some excellent suggestions. Just deal with your child, you are not being a worry wart, you need to be all the way present for you kid, understandable. Just keep on going forward. I do hope everything's o.k with your son and will be thinking of you.

Peace,

Iloerose

Totally agree with what Rose advised you. You dont need to be dropping right now with whats going on with your son. I hope eveything goes ok with his procedure and i mean that from the bottom of my heart. Best wishes to you my friend and keep up the good work and keep posting.
    Alex

Tdymc is offline New Member

Alex, thanks for your quotes. I have been on suboxen for 2 years and slowly tapering off. I was takin .25 of an 8 mg tablet. I took a week off work so I could just stop. Withdrawals are sweats no energy, the normal but so far no leg cramps. It has been 3 days since any sub but feeling like >>>>. Would you suggest taking a litte piece- 1/2 of a quarter or just grind it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tdymc View Post
    Alex, thanks for your quotes. I have been on suboxen for 2 years and slowly tapering off. I was takin .25 of an 8 mg tablet. I took a week off work so I could just stop. Withdrawals are sweats no energy, the normal but so far no leg cramps. It has been 3 days since any sub but feeling like >>>>. Would you suggest taking a litte piece- 1/2 of a quarter or just grind it out?
    Were you taking .25 of a milligram or 1/4 of 8 mg. if you were taking 1/4 of 8 mg you are jumping at to high a dose

Alex

I was taking 1/4 of an 8mg. So I guess that means I was 2 mg and not .25. I have been off work all week and have only taken a little piece which is probably .25 or less. I cannot believe this is so strong. I do feel a little better today. I have the rest of the week to just stay at home. What dose do you suggest to drop down to? I want to stop so bad I feel like am failing at quitting. If I get on a gradual dosage will I still have major withdrawals when I finally quit? Thanks for getting back to me. Tedd

One other thing, I have been reading your posts and I to am a friend of Bill Wilson. It looks like you have found a great wy to help many people. My hat is off to you. Your are very inspiring. I am new to posting so I hope I am doing tis right. Should I be posting to a thread?
    Last edited by Tdymc; 05-22-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Adding

Sorry about the additional posts. I can't stop reading all the posts ad great stories. In one post you talk about the "plan" to get off subs that was posted by Emily. I sure could use that. My way surely has not worked. If I have taper plan I think I could follow that. Tedd

Quote Originally Posted by Tdymc View Post
    Sorry about the additional posts. I can't stop reading all the posts ad great stories. In one post you talk about the "plan" to get off subs that was posted by Emily. I sure could use that. My way surely has not worked. If I have taper plan I think I could follow that. Tedd
    Ted the taper plan here that most use calls for a 25% reduction every 4 days or more if needed. I dont know how to paste it here but if you go to the thread called tapering off subs need advise by subsnomore its on the first page of that thread on reply #5 i think. Read it over and you can see the info there. You might also want to start your own thread here so more people will see it and you can get more replies. You were taking it looks like 2 mg a day and that is way to high of a dose to jump off at. With the long half life of subs you were able to get by 3 days but it looks like its catching up to you now. I would dose now at 1.5 and then you can start weaning down properly. Keep posting Ted and i will talk to you later.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast