Need advice ASAP
    wnthlp is offline Junior Member

Default Need advice ASAP

I started an earlier post asking for help to get off suboxone. It makes me feel so wierd and I just cannot function, think straight, or feel normal. I was given the link to Roberts' taper plan and I read through it and he says that if someone is not inducted right that they usually have problems all the way through their treatment. So, I want to know if I am having so many problems and I have already adjusted my dose from 8 mg to 6mg and now to 4mg, should I stop taking it for a minute and then be reinduced? I really think I probably could have been induced at 2mg or less. I have always had a low tolerance to all medication I have ever started taking and I had been taking methadone for only 6 months consitstently before I started suboxone. I was taking 10-30 mg of methadone a day.

If someone can tell me what they think I should do i would greatly appreciate it. I just can not take this feeling and now I have to go back to work today and I just feel so out of it. My docotor only gave me enough of my suboxone to get til Wednesday and then I have to go back in and see him and get another week. I can't seem to get them on the phone to talk to me and give me an answer. Right now I feel like I should just stop and yes get high. At least that way I felt like I could function and then go back in and ask him to induce me the way I want to be induced. I'm not even sure that would go over well!! Help!!!!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I think you should wait for Robert and Cheeky. I'm not sure exactly what you should do. Just how bad do you feel? Robert can help you stabilize. You need to score at least a 26 on the COWS worksheet before you begin treatment on subs or you go into precipitated w/d. I know it's hell, even though I've never been on methadone or sub. Try to hang on and someone who can help will respond. Meanwhile, I'll keep on eye on your posts so they stay to the top of this thread. Doctors usually don't know a great deal at sub or how to induct people to get off quickly, with minimum discomfort. So hang tight, someone will help. Until then, just know someone is here and is sympathetic to your problem.

Iloerose

Posted over top this. Just trying to keep you first in line here.

Iloerose

Repost your thread to Help with subs ASAP.

Iloerose

Okay, thank you soooo much. i just feel out of it. I cannot think straight, I am sooo tired, I feel numb and tingly. Mind you i took 4 mg of suboxone last night and only 1 mg this morning when i felt like I needed to. I guess I just feel like I was inducted at too high of a dose and so i want to get off of it. Give myself a break and then be reinducted at a low dose. i really feel like 2 mg would have been plenty. Robert said that if you are inducted at too high of a dose that you will probably have problems all the way through so i want to start over and try to do it right this time. i just want someone who knows more about it than I do to giev me their opinion. I truly appreciate you getting back to me it really means a lot.

If I can get someone to respond and they tell me this is a good idea I will not take any suboxone tonight but if Ican't get someone to respond I dont know what i'll do. I really hate the way I feel right now. It is making me scared to do suboxone at all.

Comeback Kid is offline Advanced Member

Man, I hope Robert comes in soon and gives you some advice. He will want you to get clean and re-induct at a much lower dose. You could start by doing that. Don't take anything and score 26 on the COWS worksheet, then he will work it. Sorry someone hasn't been here for you man. Hang in there.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?”
    Do tomorrow what you did today, you get tomorrow what you got today
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm CST)

Thank you for replying. Robert did get back to me but unfortunately I had already taken some methadone. I just couldn't handle it anymore. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and I will see if I can be reinducted at a lower dose. I am willing to try it one more time. I really want it to work for me. I just pray it does.