Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By newyorkgal
from metadone to suboxzone

Default from metadone to suboxzone

Sometime I don"t think Dr.s know what they are doing I just started suboxzone I was on 90 mgs methadone Dr. said oh 90 mgs not much no problem prescribed me 60 8 mg sub films told me to wait 18 to 24 hours before starting subs so i waited 24 well that is when my hell began i went straight into withdrawal after 12 hrs of hell the sub wore off and the methadone started working again waited another 24 hrs started withdrawal started taking subs again but i was having to take two at a time 4 times a day it is now day three and I'm starting to slow down on sub dosage I will have a meeting with my Dr. this week and fill him in on details I guess he might learn something

sookie3 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by sickandtiredofthiscrap View Post
    Sometime I don"t think Dr.s know what they are doing I just started suboxzone I was on 90 mgs methadone Dr. said oh 90 mgs not much no problem prescribed me 60 8 mg sub films told me to wait 18 to 24 hours before starting subs so i waited 24 well that is when my hell began i went straight into withdrawal after 12 hrs of hell the sub wore off and the methadone started working again waited another 24 hrs started withdrawal started taking subs again but i was having to take two at a time 4 times a day it is now day three and I'm starting to slow down on sub dosage I will have a meeting with my Dr. this week and fill him in on details I guess he might learn something
    WHAT OH MY GOD!!!
    That Dr is full of it..
    How are you feeling now?

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

WWWWOW..... Instead of having a meeting, I'd get a new sub doctor ASAP.... He knows nothing about sub and everything he told you is wrong, especially when coming off methadone. First, methadone is very long acting so the wait before starting sub is somewhere around 72 hours. You need to be in moderate to severe withdrawal for sub NOT to put you into full precipitated withdrawal. Second, 90 mgs. methadone is way to high to switch to sub. What they say is you need to taper down to 30 mgs. before making the switch. Third, if you got down to 30 mgs. and waiting the right amount of time, you would be able to induct on sub at a way lower amount then do a taper off the sub. I can't believe that doc is even allowed to perscribe sub. They are supposed to take a little online class and it looks like he didn't even do that. I switched from 30 years of methadone to sub the right way and had no problem making the switch. You should get back on meth and taper down as a first step.
    sookie3 likes this.

time to end this is offline New Member

Default just want to start!!!!!!!

Hay, I've been tappering down from 30mg of meth a day to 10mg for the last few weeks. I'd like to know how soon I can start subs being down to 10mg for about a week and a half..Thanks for any info.........

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

you could start subs right now. 10 mgs. is a low enough dose. The thing is you can't take your first sub dose until you are in moderate to sever withdrawal which usually takes about 3 days of no meth. You need to score a 26 on something called a COWS worksheet which you can find by going on google or searching for it here on the forum. It assesses how much you are in withdrawal and lets you know when it's safe to start. If you plan to switch to sub, I'd find someone on this forum who knows Robert's taper plan or talk to Robert himself so you can taper off the sub if that is the plan.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by time to end this View Post
    Hay, I've been tappering down from 30mg of meth a day to 10mg for the last few weeks. I'd like to know how soon I can start subs being down to 10mg for about a week and a half..Thanks for any info.........
    Hello and welcome! Here is the link that NewYorkGal referred to. Like she said you need to be in moderate to severe withdrawals BEFORE you take that first dose of the sub. You need to produce a thruthful score of 26 or higher.

This will get you started and when you are ready then post back and someone will be here to help you. God Bless.....Denny

COWS Sheet
    http://www.drugs.com/resources/opioi...wal-record.pdf

time to end this is offline New Member

Thank you both. I'll make an assessment from the COWS sheet to start my new life. Thank you both VERY much.