Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Losing My Life Over Subutex
    Flaman is offline New Member

Default Losing My Life Over Subutex

I have been prescribe Suboxone post Vicodin dependency, for the last 11 years. Over the last 5 years, 8 mg a day, plus Corazapate 7.5 mg 3 x a day. The reason for the continued use, at first, was a chronic pain condition. After a terrible divorce 5 years ago, where wife split and lost primary custory of my boys, my pain management doctor decided to keep me on the Subutex indefinately b/c of the emotional impact of the divorce. I did not question that, until about 2 years ago when I wanted off. Very low drive, motivation, lack of happiness in anything (unless taking Suboxone), and the rest of the negativity. I am totally lost in the abyss of medical advice, going downhill emotionally, been through several jobs, and am a late 40 year old professional trying to support two boys with "generous" child support while keeping my own home, living alone b/c of an inability to bond with anyone--as friends or otherwise. I've effectively lost a decade but want my life back. Please help me help myself. Rapid detox...lose my job via inpatient...? Then of course my kids...? My God, how did I get into this ?

Catrina is offline Advanced Member

Flaman,

There can be a light at the end of this nightmare. I don't have personal experience with subs but many others on this site do and have successfully tapered off of them. I have watched while Robert, a very long time member of this Forum, has helped hundreds (probably thousands) to leave opiates, including subs behind them. I'll bet he'll find your post here and offer his help to you. Please be a bit patient and he and others will be along soon with support and advice to get you on track toward being clean.

Peace,

Cat
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahil Gibran (1883-1931).

Flaman is offline New Member

Thank you for listening (Frazier--a joke for a needed moment of levity). Someone other than a "medical doctor" with more pills to counter-act the last pill is listening. Which is why I was told to visit here. For the first time in ages, I am told there is hope OUTSIDE OF: "rapid detox/inpatient or outpaient programs" that cost thousands more. Is this truly doable without convulsing, going insane, ischemic strokes etc ? The medical community dictates going alone (i.e. without daily medical supervision) is far too dangerous, and you must go inpatient for a month. I am at a cross-roads, dying for solutions. I have post graduate degrees up the gazoo that are useless on this life/death issue, and don't know who to trust. So again, thank you for a ray of hope that I will hold onto closely.
    Last edited by Flaman; 01-25-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Anonymous Guest

hey there. i started my journey to get clean by using subs back in 09, in my mid 40s. i had a long history of drug abuse, with a few goes on methadone programs before i switched to subs.... and i am clean for over a year now....

at the bottom is a link you should read... but know, if you want to taper off, slowly, it is entirely possible... i took 1 year 3 months to get off subs. longer than the taper you will read about, but after being on sub for a few years, i want you to know it is still possible. to do without going inpatient or to rehab.....

i worked thru the whole process (ok two days off initial screwed up induction) but otherwise i was able to function 'as normal' for the whole deal....

hope this helps you, but yup, things are lookin up, and you can do it too...

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...tml#post220161

good luck
    cheeky
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Flaman View Post
    I have been prescribe Suboxone post Vicodin dependency, for the last 11 years. Over the last 5 years, 8 mg a day, plus Corazapate 7.5 mg 3 x a day. The reason for the continued use, at first, was a chronic pain condition. After a terrible divorce 5 years ago, where wife split and lost primary custory of my boys, my pain management doctor decided to keep me on the Subutex indefinately b/c of the emotional impact of the divorce. I did not question that, until about 2 years ago when I wanted off. Very low drive, motivation, lack of happiness in anything (unless taking Suboxone), and the rest of the negativity. I am totally lost in the abyss of medical advice, going downhill emotionally, been through several jobs, and am a late 40 year old professional trying to support two boys with "generous" child support while keeping my own home, living alone b/c of an inability to bond with anyone--as friends or otherwise. I've effectively lost a decade but want my life back. Please help me help myself. Rapid detox...lose my job via inpatient...? Then of course my kids...? My God, how did I get into this ?

The link that Cheeky gave you is the process I used for myself years ago as I journaled my recovery process and we've used it here for years successfully. I used opiates 35 years and have almost ten years clean now.

Let me know if you want my help to work with you. I have worked with others that had used subs ten years from Europe several times. They weren't available in the USA until 2003, but we can get you clean if you will be naive enough to listen and follow some instructions.

The world isn't about to end for you, it's about to begin again if you'll allow it. Hang in there and read that link closely. Let me know what you think. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.