Looking for Robert_325 advice on suboxone treatment
    Dsmith0073 is offline New Member

Default Looking for Robert_325 advice on suboxone treatment

Robert,
    I am currently unsure what course of action to take. a little back story to help you see where i'm at. Was hooked on roxy 30's for years. Up to 35/day until January 2011 when i came clean with the wife and admitted myself to a 28 day program. Had over a year clean and decided i wasnt an alcoholic/addict and started messing around. Well, we all know how that story ends up...Here i am hooked on roxys again. Was using for a total of about two months and up to 10/day in my last 2 weeks. Took my last one sunday ay 2pm and hopped on suboxone around 1pm monday. started with 4mg's(i know..too much) and took another 4 later that day(i know...way tooo much). Took another 4mg this am at 7pm. Feel pretty much OK now. Should i try and stabilize myself at just 4mg's for a few days and taper from there or will i have to stay at the 8 for a few days now that i started there, in order to not feel ????ty. Really need to get this done asap, but with minimal symptoms as my wife now knows what they are and will catch on if i am "sick". Another thought was just to say screw the suboxone and deal with it. With the length and amount of use, you think its possible to hide it(W/D's) with just the thomas recipe(minus benzos) and clonidine(i have that). I have a week off work, starting yeaterday have to return monday the 21st. Really confused on best course of action and looking for some guidance and ideas. Thanks a million!!

Don

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmith0073 View Post
    Robert,
    I am currently unsure what course of action to take. a little back story to help you see where i'm at. Was hooked on roxy 30's for years. Up to 35/day until January 2011 when i came clean with the wife and admitted myself to a 28 day program. Had over a year clean and decided i wasnt an alcoholic/addict and started messing around. Well, we all know how that story ends up...Here i am hooked on roxys again. Was using for a total of about two months and up to 10/day in my last 2 weeks. Took my last one sunday ay 2pm and hopped on suboxone around 1pm monday. started with 4mg's(i know..too much) and took another 4 later that day(i know...way tooo much). Took another 4mg this am at 7pm. Feel pretty much OK now. Should i try and stabilize myself at just 4mg's for a few days and taper from there or will i have to stay at the 8 for a few days now that i started there, in order to not feel ????ty. Really need to get this done asap, but with minimal symptoms as my wife now knows what they are and will catch on if i am "sick". Another thought was just to say screw the suboxone and deal with it. With the length and amount of use, you think its possible to hide it(W/D's) with just the thomas recipe(minus benzos) and clonidine(i have that). I have a week off work, starting yeaterday have to return monday the 21st. Really confused on best course of action and looking for some guidance and ideas. Thanks a million!!

Don

Don ..... You got off to a bad start doing the induction the way you did it. My best advice, especially considering that you have a week off work, is to stop the subs totally and let's see if you can make it. In a week's time the worst of it SHOULD be past. If for whatever reason you can't make it on your own cold turkey, I can re-induct you properly on the subs at a tiny dose and have you clean in a short amount of time. But go for it first taking nothing but the supplements and let's see how you do. You have a great opportunity with this week off work to get out of this spot! Let me know if I can help you along. Keep me posted on your progress! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert,
    Thanks for your response and I am going to try and stay off the subs and let you know how i do. If i cant, for example, get through the night tonight without(only took 4mg this am at 7), should i try and take just 1mg and see where that gets me? Confused on best way to find lowest dose possible from here...

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmith0073 View Post
    Robert,
    Thanks for your response and I am going to try and stay off the subs and let you know how i do. If i cant, for example, get through the night tonight without(only took 4mg this am at 7), should i try and take just 1mg and see where that gets me? Confused on best way to find lowest dose possible from here...

No, you should give it a few days just to allow for the long half life of the subs. Don't take anything unless we talk first or I can't help you. If after a few days you can't make it then I will properly induct you starting with .5mg doses. Don't start it on your own PLEASE!!! I've done this for years and doing a proper induction is an art form. You don't just pick a dose and take it! I know how it needs to be done to have you on the lowest effective dose. But you need to give it a few days to get what's in your system out! Pray that you are able to do this and not even need the subs. Giod bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    No, you should give it a few days just to allow for the long half life of the subs. Don't take anything unless we talk first or I can't help you. If after a few days you can't make it then I will properly induct you starting with .5mg doses. Don't start it on your own PLEASE!!! I've done this for years and doing a proper induction is an art form. You don't just pick a dose and take it! I know how it needs to be done to have you on the lowest effective dose. But you need to give it a few days to get what's in your system out! Pray that you are able to do this and not even need the subs. Giod bless.

Understood. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again.