Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Last dose at 4pm yesterday of .5 mg....None yet today, I might jump
    dsac6060 is offline Member

Question Last dose at 4pm yesterday of .5 mg....None yet today, I might jump

Yesterday I took a dose of .5mg at 4pm. I haven't taken anything since that time and am considering trying to jump today. I normally take my dose around 730-8 a.m. while I am drivng to work. Today I decided to wait til late morning to take my dose only once daily like Robert stated, but I am honestly debating just not taking anything. I feel fine right now, just freaking myself out thinking about it. I have some minor sweats and my vision feels blurred. I know I should continue with the taper but I'd like to see how I feel before dosing. Any ideas let me know?~?~?
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Personally I would finish the taper. But the good thing about subs is that if you start going into w/d you can always take a sliver and come out of it in a very short time. Use your own judgement, it's your life. And I don't mean that sarcastically. If you think you can handle it go for it! You'll likely go through some w/d though doing it from .5mg. God bless.
    dsac6060 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you Robert, I will see how I continue to feel at work today. It is hard because I sit at a desk all day so I am fidgity, if thats how you spell it lol. Ill keep going and see what happens but I understand your point of view. I might end up just finishing the taper for another week. I just got fed up with taking such small pieces and feeling like ???? every day. But I guess that feeling MILDLY like ???? is better than a full blown WD. I shall see what happens sir!!!!!!! I will keep you posted as I most likely will continue my taper lol

Thank you!

fedupnow is offline Member

If your really fedup and feeling it, then go for it. I would plan at least 4-5 days off though, I just went through this and day 3-7 were the worst. Like robert said you can always just pull out of it if it get's too much, then try and skip days..

Good luck, keep us updated! I'm here for you!

I wish I could take off but I cant with my job so I have no idea what to do

fedupnow is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    I wish I could take off but I cant with my job so I have no idea what to do
    just take it easy and hang in there! If it get's to be too much then just continue your taper and maybe stop on a wednesday because thurs and fri won't be crazy, then have sat sun off if your schedule works that way.

Otherwise keep tapering down, i know your struggle and you just want to end the madness but make it easy on yourself and taper to 0mg if you have too

I'm currently off for the winter so it was easy being at home and sick, but also very boring!

True, thank you! Good idea. It just so happens that when I finish my taper its on a Wed so that is good. I appreciate you messaging me to help. Hope you are well and finally finished your process, I know you were like 9 days in when I last saw = AMAZINGGGGGG. I want to be there SO bad. Yes, I do want to be there but i agree when ppl say I should not torture myself and just finish the taper, to help ease any WD. WISH ME LUCK! Almost there
    fedupnow likes this.

Anonymous Guest

if you think you are stuggling, taper right off to zero.... take that .5mg and split if further.... good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    if you think you are stuggling, taper right off to zero.... take that .5mg and split if further.... good luck
    Thanks! So I assume I should not make my suffer and just finish the taper? BC i didnt take my dose till around 11 today and i am much better with only .5mg. I can see what ppl are saying.

Thanks! So I assume I should not make my suffer and just finish the taper? BC i didnt take my dose till around 11 today and i am much better with only .5mg. I can see what ppl are saying.

You don't HAVE to skip days. Cheeky is right in that if you are more comfortable tapering then just taper down to nothing all the way. This deal is not a one-size-fits-all. That is what drs do.

We have all been doing this long enough around here to have learned that different things work best for different people. I used to be insistent on skipping days, but I've seen lots of people, especially those who were terrified of skipping days, that tapered down to zero and they have years of clean time today.

Whatever floats your boat and gets you over the finish line is the way to go! I'm with you whatever route you choose for yourself at this point. You're almost done either way! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You don't HAVE to skip days. Cheeky is right in that if you are more comfortable tapering then just taper down to nothing all the way. This deal is not a one-size-fits-all. That is what drs do.

We have all been doing this long enough around here to have learned that different things work best for different people. I used to be insistent on skipping days, but I've seen lots of people, especially those who were terrified of skipping days, that tapered down to zero and they have years of clean time today.

Whatever floats your boat and gets you over the finish line is the way to go! I'm with you whatever route you choose for yourself at this point. You're almost done either way! God bless.
    Robert, I agree. Why make myself more uncomfortable when I can just finish the taper all the way!!!! I am just going to taper to zero and see how I feel. No point in rushing this and no point in feeling bad when I do not have to!!!! Many ppl have also inspired me to continue instead of jump. I usually take my med at 8 am and 4 but i waited till 1130 bc i was planning on stopping. So now its 830 pm and i feel absoutely fine like this at two doses of .5mg
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-01-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Day 2 of .5 mg...I am feeling alright. I decided not to jump and take everyones advice. It is crazy how such a small amount is noticeable. I tried not taking the med yesterday and i could say i def felt weird, but once i dosed i was feeling better. I may stay here for a few days and then move down to .25 then to 0. I honestly wanna say screw it and be off this stuff ASAP. I am tired of having to carry something with me on a daily basis to feel good. I want to be FREE and independent of anything besides my CIGARETTES, this is something I definitely have been smoking a lot more of lol. I hope ppl feel me on that, nicotine definitely relaxes me. Also, i think the supplements are helping me. I have been sleeping every night but with weird patterns but sleep is better than no sleep. Im wondering what the road ahead leads for me.

Suboxowned is offline Member

Hang in there dsac.....you are doing really well. I think tapering down to zero might be in your best interest. But, it is totally up to you...only you know how you feel. I'm glad you are feeling okay with that such a small dose. I'm hanging out at 1mg until I'm all healed up. I feel really good. No foggy feeling. I actually feel like getting out of the house today.
    Keep up the good work and stay strong...you are doing awesome!!!
    I'm around if you wanna talk.

Aud

Thanks AUD! I think I have been making out okay because of was using sub for only 3 months and before that oxycodoen for only 6-8 mths. The taper def helps, I felt the worse when I dropped from 2 to 1.5 mg but now im becoming more and more stable. I am glad you are also on track. We are basiclaly almost at the same point so we need to talk to each other through this!!!! ALMOST FREE! Exercise helps me, even though ive been tapering. I have not missed one day the gym in over 3 months lol. It works magic.!!! Do it , even if you walk. Put on a sweatshirt and sweat that EVIL ORANGE OUT OF YOU!!!!!

Hang in there as well!!!!

Dave

Thanks AUD! I think I have been making out okay because of was using sub for only 3 months and before that oxycodoen for only 6-8 mths. The taper def helps, I felt the worse when I dropped from 2 to 1.5 mg but now im becoming more and more stable. I am glad you are also on track. We are basiclaly almost at the same point so we need to talk to each other through this!!!! ALMOST FREE! Exercise helps me, even though ive been tapering. I have not missed one day the gym in over 3 months lol. It works magic.!!! Do it , even if you walk. Put on a sweatshirt and sweat that EVIL ORANGE OUT OF YOU!!!!!

Hang in there as well!!!!

Dave

Dave .... as you get down to around 1mg the 25% reductions begin to become even more critical. Lots of people try to knock too much off the dose at this point. People often taper down to .25mg and jump, and that is okay if that is what they want to do. But I suggest that if you're going to taper down to zero, then taper by 25% when you reduce down to at least .125mg or less before jumping off cold. Just some advice for you. God bless.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. I only thought I was supposed to jump from .25. Ill see if I feel comfortable enough to do it! I will continue to taper lower as I am sure that will only benefit me more

Thank you Robert.

>> rather have you tell me the right thing than not offer at all

sjan17 is offline Member

Day 2 of .5 mg...I am feeling alright. I decided not to jump and take everyones advice. It is crazy how such a small amount is noticeable. I tried not taking the med yesterday and i could say i def felt weird, but once i dosed i was feeling better. I may stay here for a few days and then move down to .25 then to 0. I honestly wanna say screw it and be off this stuff ASAP. I am tired of having to carry something with me on a daily basis to feel good. I want to be FREE and independent of anything besides my CIGARETTES, this is something I definitely have been smoking a lot more of lol. I hope ppl feel me on that, nicotine definitely relaxes me. Also, i think the supplements are helping me. I have been sleeping every night but with weird patterns but sleep is better than no sleep. Im wondering what the road ahead leads for me.
    Hey Dsas6060,
    Did you jump from 1mg to .5mg? That's fantastic that you are okay and stable. I know how you feel about not being able to miss work so I would just taper to zero. That's what I plan on doing. If you're still having the sweats during the day, take the .1mg of clondine at night before bed. I noticed I can't take it during the day as it makes me too tired and taking a crumb doesn't do anything, but if you take it at night, the sweating does subside the next day. I know I'm getting stable as my eye does not ever twitch anymore and I'm not in w/d when it's time to dose. I just took a step back and decided to do this slower. Tomorrow is for sure taper day and I plan on .5 mg in the a.m. and .25 mg in the late afternoon. I hope it's bearable. I have an appt with an osteopath on Wed. so I'm hoping he can figure out what the cause of this darn backache is. The subs may not be a full opiate, but do I notice a difference in my back pain once I take it.

You are almost there my friend. We need to join fedupnow and ddave_45 and everyone else that's sub free.

Suboxoned....we are right there at the same dose. I hope your foot is healing well. So sorry you have to deal with that too as if the addiction is not enough. We just have to hang in there and remember we are all making progress. I don't post all the time, but I'm always reading guys and rooting for you all the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    Hey Dsas6060,
    Did you jump from 1mg to .5mg? That's fantastic that you are okay and stable. I know how you feel about not being able to miss work so I would just taper to zero. That's what I plan on doing. If you're still having the sweats during the day, take the .1mg of clondine at night before bed. I noticed I can't take it during the day as it makes me too tired and taking a crumb doesn't do anything, but if you take it at night, the sweating does subside the next day. I know I'm getting stable as my eye does not ever twitch anymore and I'm not in w/d when it's time to dose. I just took a step back and decided to do this slower. Tomorrow is for sure taper day and I plan on .5 mg in the a.m. and .25 mg in the late afternoon. I hope it's bearable. I have an appt with an osteopath on Wed. so I'm hoping he can figure out what the cause of this darn backache is. The subs may not be a full opiate, but do I notice a difference in my back pain once I take it.

You are almost there my friend. We need to join fedupnow and ddave_45 and everyone else that's sub free.

Suboxoned....we are right there at the same dose. I hope your foot is healing well. So sorry you have to deal with that too as if the addiction is not enough. We just have to hang in there and remember we are all making progress. I don't post all the time, but I'm always reading guys and rooting for you all the way!!!
    Yes I jumped from 1mg to .5 mg and i feel fine. and yes i can definitely not miss work so it sucks. because I would honestly tough this out. Hmmmmm maybe I will try and take the .1 mg clonodine at night as well. But will it help with the anxiety the next day as well ? I am fine and not experiencing sweating anymore as Robert hinted at would happen at lower doses. YESSSSS we are both almost there. Im glad someoen who is so close to me in the taper messaged me. you should add me as a friend as we can do this together. I want to join FEDUPNOW and DDAVE 45 in the world of normalcy and cleanse again where I used to be! Its time to get my life back and be healthy!

Today I took another major step towards being clean, I am a good person and have confidence I can do this!

sjan17 is offline Member

Smile

Yes I jumped from 1mg to .5 mg and i feel fine. and yes i can definitely not miss work so it sucks. because I would honestly tough this out. Hmmmmm maybe I will try and take the .1 mg clonodine at night as well. But will it help with the anxiety the next day as well ? I am fine and not experiencing sweating anymore as Robert hinted at would happen at lower doses. YESSSSS we are both almost there. Im glad someoen who is so close to me in the taper messaged me. you should add me as a friend as we can do this together. I want to join FEDUPNOW and DDAVE 45 in the world of normalcy and cleanse again where I used to be! Its time to get my life back and be healthy!

Today I took another major step towards being clean, I am a good person and have confidence I can do this!
    Hey DSAC6060,
    You are my friend silly!!!! I'm checking on you daily

You are doing awesome!!! Wow...you jumped from 1 to .5 (how I envy you). I'm too chicken...I'll be happy if I do okay at .75. Tomorrow's the day. Man....you are almost there! What a joyous occasion it will be!! I'm not sure if the clonidine will help with anxiety, but stay off of benzos (from what I've read) and if you're not sweating anymore, forget the clonidine. The less drug your body has, the better...moving toward normalcy...

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    Hey DSAC6060,
    You are my friend silly!!!! I'm checking on you daily

You are doing awesome!!! Wow...you jumped from 1 to .5 (how I envy you). I'm too chicken...I'll be happy if I do okay at .75. Tomorrow's the day. Man....you are almost there! What a joyous occasion it will be!! I'm not sure if the clonidine will help with anxiety, but stay off of benzos (from what I've read) and if you're not sweating anymore, forget the clonidine. The less drug your body has, the better...moving toward normalcy...
    Oh whoops, hahah I'm sorry I forget some things. I am so focused on tapering and keeping my mind busy off this stuff. Yes, I jumped from 1 to .5 and its been around 4-5 days almost!!!! You can do it. Get to .75, no reason to rush. I just felt it necessary bc how my body was reacting. I would def consider taking one dose like ROBERT recommends, but it may be easier with 2 doses (.5 in am and .25 in pm) The reason he wants us to do 1 dose is to get used to the lower doses, for half life to catch up, and to get used to skipping days with no dose. SO we get in a habit of not dosing. Get me?

It will be a wonderful, fabulous, amazing, unforgetttttttable occasion my friend!!! The clonodine has def helped with my anxiety(nervous and anxious) HATE that feeling omg. Also, with a few other WD symptoms have been slight because of it. Like right now I don't feel like im WD'ing but my eyes feel like they are out of my face or like I was outside in the sun all day lol. I cant describe it better than that!!!!! I am about to make some tea to get me to relax. I haven't taken any benzos at all. Have you? I know they prescribe a low dose to help ppl at the end of the taper, which I may do if it gets bad. My Primary doctor, not my sub Dr said she would give me like 15 to get through it. Just to help a little, so I may if NEED be. Trust me, Im a very strong minded person, body and emotions, but when it comes to WD im such a mental case. I start bugging out for no reason if I don't dose, i make myself WD, its unreal! Thats the case with many ppl, whereas if they don't dose they may make actually convince themselves they should be WD.

I been going to the gym about 6 days a week somehow, guess I shouldn't question it. I feel like when I sweat there, all the bad EVIL ORANGE (what i call subs) is leaving my body. I force myself to go even if I feel tired. I've been doing well with that. IF i need motivation to go, I take my preworkout drink which has some caffeine and a ton of amino acids which are good for repairing the brain and body from damage by drugs. I'm not questioning how I can go to the gym. I feel like it will be the day I do not go that it will all hit me and start WD full fledged. So maybe this is preventing some WD?? Anyone think this to be true????? Exercise makes you feel better? I know when u do exercise you produce endorphin's or whatever makes you happy,but can this offset the WD???? Anyways Im rambling, as you can tell I feel fine enough to be on here. I know that if i was in WD i sure would NOT be on a computer hahahha...Let alone near it or moving around at the gym.

SJAN stay positive!! You can do it my man. You better keep my updated as to every single day how you are feeling and I will do the same. I think that we should keep messaging in this thread or do you think we should start our own??? Let me know OK? I don't care if you have to message me 40 times a day, DO IT!!!! I check this forum a bunch of times a day. GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!!!!

GET AFTER IT ... .75mg. KILL IT

Kristin13 is offline Member

I've been lurking through the boards and wondering how you guys are doing.

Im doing good right now. I am def feeling slightly like ???? but im trying to get passed that. I am at .5mg a day total. So I need to jump or drop soon.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

dsac6060.............ofcourse exercise makes you feel better....i think its one of the main reasons that when i finally got off suboxone i had no withdrawls at all. No problems sleeping or anything. I think it had a lot to do with my taper but also with exercise. If you continue to exercise and follow a structured taper plan.....you will be off these subs in no time.

Yes Ive noticed that when I am at the gym I feel much better. I also am a trainer, so train ppl during the week plus train myself. Sitting at work is terrible doing this taper....Honestly I look back at some of my threads and I can honestly tell how good I was feeling from the subs lol. Also, its amazing how when your body needs it .25 mg will get you a long way haha. Is .25 really that strong???? If I did not have work, >> stop today honestly. I could have made it if I was home but sitting here at my computer no way! Also, I started reading back at some of my posts of where I was at before in my taper, and it makes me proud to see how low I've gotten in such a short period of time. I was only on subs for about 2 1/2 months before I began to taper and on pills for about 8 months before that, quitting two times before with short 3 month intervals of pill use and trying to cure my depression by numbing it. Wrong move! Next time you better believe I will thnk twice.
    Suboxowned likes this.

DDAVE:

Sorry but also, I was planning on ending my taper soon. Do you recommend this or should I prolong it? I have a goal in sight but I also have things on the next two weekends that I need to attend like a wedding and an event. I wanted to stop at .5 mg but ppl say to go lower. Obviously I would like to have a little as possible WD's but Im not even sure what I'll experience since my sub use was not prolonged and i did not abuse pills long at all. A lot of ppl i read about on here have used for years and also have taken subs for extended periods of time. I know my brain is cleaned of mentality to go use a pill when Im depressed. That is the reason I started this taper. I just wanted your opinion bc I have things to attend and I cannot miss, but I also dont want to keep prolonging my sub taper because I have things to do.

Suboxowned is offline Member

Keep up the good work dsac!!!
    You've come a long way....you're almost there.

Aud

Thanks Aud!! I am fightin......rough roads at some points but they subside usually. Hopefully I stabalize soon. Then Im dropping to either .325 or .25 . we shall see I know that cutting up small pieces gets a lil difficult

DDAVE45 is offline Member

i def. dont think you should jump at .5................even tho you havent been on subs that long i think you should taper some more. And yes .25 is a lot.....these subs are stronger than morphine. Being that your a personal trainer you shouldnt really have too bad of a time comin off. I tapered to basically nothing...but i also ran alot and went to the gym 4 days a week and i really had no withdrawls.

Thanks Aud!! I am fightin......rough roads at some points but they subside usually. Hopefully I stabalize soon. Then Im dropping to either .325 or .25 . we shall see I know that cutting up small pieces gets a lil difficult

I would not jump from .25mg. If you want to start skipping days from there I would say okay. But if you're going to jump off I would taper down to .125mg. Trust me it will be lots easier and will only take a week longer. You've gone this far another week would be worth it. Personally I choose skipping days for what it's worth. God bless.

Robert I thought in your taper plan you said to start skipping days at .5mg. I am confused? I guess that you have tweaked it a bit? And now by ppl dropping lower than .5mg they have even less and less WD symptoms? This is kind of obvious but I was just wondering in case I am wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast