Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
I'm looking for you, Robert :)
    raven4141 is offline New Member

Default I'm looking for you, Robert :)

OK I'm going to come out and ask. I know you are a very popular man out here. I read a thread from a couple years ago where you discussed how you could not help everyone and that I can totally understand. But then I read threads (I won't mention names) where you walked people through the process and I am so inspired and I WANT TO DO THIS!!! I WILL DO everything you say. I TRUST you more than any of my stupid doctors from what I've read here over the last week!

I've read the thread on weaning subutex and I understand the 25% method. I am a tad more complicated, however, and that is where I have questions. I have genuine chronic pain, but an willing to let go of the pain medication at this point. It's not worth it. I also have depression issues/bi-polar II so I do take xanax for severe anxiety and ambien for sleep. This has kept me away from traditional detox programs as they would have taken me off of those medications and even my psychiatrist cautions against this right now. My goal is to get off of those as well, but later this year...not now. I should also mention here that I take muscle relaxers at night for my pain. I can go with or without it but it does really help me and it is the only thing I have left for pain. BUT if I had to give up a "mood altering med" right now that would be my first choice.

Anyhow, I have tapered myself from 16mg to 6 (sometimes 8)mg over the last week and am doing ok. Just severe sweating. I was having a constant headache and that has actually improved!!

My question is, would it be better to "re-induce" to a super low dose or to just cut by 25% every 4 days from here? I seem to be missing that part.

Also I want to mention that I am leaving for my family vacation in 6 days and will be gone for 10. I have two small children and would prefer minimal sweats/discomfort at that time but am willing to put the pedal to the metal when I get home.

I[m super excited about doing this! I have also started with a private therapist that specializes in addiction, am reading tons of books, going to an NA meeting tomorrow am for the first time, and found a program that focuses on the out-doors and meditation (which is more my thing.) I feel like I'm finally on the right set of tracks...they point AWAY from the scary dragon!! I just don't trust the people that got me into this mess to take me out of it physically. I want to battle that on my own now and would be so blessed as to have your assistance, Robert. I have posted a couple times on another thread with questions and am not getting responses.

Blessings,

Anonymous Guest

dropping from 16mg to 6mg in a week is too fast. you are asking for trouble. if you have read the taper regime, you KNOW it is 25% drop at a time...

you also mention 6 or 8.mg. you cant be willy nilly taking it up or down..

you need to get to a stable dose. if you are stable on 8mg stick to that. and then do the 25% taper thing... plenty of us here have followed the protocol and got clean and are still clean today... but ya gotta follow the instructions...

and im sure your headaches have iimproved, 16mg is a helluva high dose... no wonder they feel better..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-30-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Red face

I totally understand what you are saying. My doctor had told me (I explained this in another post) to "play with the dose and see what works for me" a few weeks ago. So I had literally been trying one pill one day and two another day. I tried dosing twice in a day and dosing four times in a day. She ENCOURAGED me to do that to SEE WHAT WORKED for me.

Now that I have read Robert's instructions I realize that THAT is what was making me so sick!! NO WONDER I had sweats, headaches, and was sick as a dog all the time! Holy ????! So I guess I shouldn't even every say I was on 16, That is just as "high" as I ever went. Maybe for 4 or 5 days. And there were days in between that I would only take one. Or one and a half. I only took what I "thought" I needed. I had NO CLUE what I was doing!!! I was literally taking the drug on an "as needed" basis and it even says that on my bottle. Take 8-16mg per day as needed.

So I had already taken myself down to 6mg before reading the thread and realizing how much of a jump that was and seriously I feel a hundred times better now than I did doing what I was doing before! I will admit that there were two days when I took that one extra dose that I'm allowed "for pain" and I suppose that is still the addict in me that is used to "prn". I have not done that in 2 days and will not do it again. I have about 35 of these left and would really like it if I did not have to refill this bottle!

I feel so blessed that I found my way here. I would still be blindly following my doctor and still probably be taking my subutex as I was before because even when I went back and complained about the side effects, I was told to go to urgent care for my headache and to "stick with it" and it would "get better when I got used to it" with the Sub. Ick. Yeah. When I'm totally hooked and you guys make some more money off of me, Guess what. I'm taking you OFF my payroll!!!

And one question...It's been a week since I went down to the (mostly) 6mg. You mentioned that I'm asking for trouble. I seriously feel 100x better. Now you're freaking me out a bit. Do you think it's going to get worse at this point? I would have thought that it would have bit me by now if something really bad were going to happen?

Other than sweating like a pig (I took my son to a museum today and had to step into the bathroom and seriously pat myself down with paper towels-ugh), I seem to be ok.

I'm just nervous because I am in charge of two children - one being a 2 beautiful 2 year old boy. And it is my daughters birthday this weekend and if I was sick for her festivities I would not forgive myself. I have missed so much already.

Is there something I should change? I'm ok with the sweating..

Anonymous Guest

no. if you have been mostly on 6 for a week. stay put. specially if you feel better. typical doctors instructions will screw us over every time... and subs are cr@p for pain, so taking one for pain is a waste of time and will only put your taper back.. and one is 8mg, and thats a helluva lot to be 'adding in for pain"..

stick to 6mg each day... once you are stable on that. then you can go to 4.5mg and see how ya go from there...

dont take extra, nope. that is the addict in you playing up. as we know. dont worry ive been there done that too.

BUT NO, IF YOU ARE STABLE NOW ON 6MG... STICK TO THAT....

you doin ok. dont worry.

p.s i only ever dosed ONCE A DAY... some people take it in a split dose twice a day. so 3am and 3pm. if you have been taking it once, stick to that. but no way take it more than twice a day.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-30-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

raven ..... I have been off the forum most of the last few days. Just a post here and there and didn't see you. But cheeky has given you good advice. If you're stable at 6mg stay there about four days and go down to 4.5mg. Stay there four days or so and drop again by 25% of that dose and continue that process down till you're well under 1mg. Then you can decide if you want to do the day skipping process or taper down to nothing. You can do this the way it's best for you as long as you adhere to the main principles like the 25% reductions. That is what makes this work for most people. Be aggressive but don't push yourself until you get sick. Do it with the structure in the protocol we use here. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-30-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Perfect. Ok. I have been dosing three times a day. Morning, afternoon and evening. I think what I'll do is get used to dosing twice a day over the weekend and try dropping to 4.5 on Monday. It's little lady's birthday party so I have to be able to perform mama duties.

Next week I pack the whole family for a 10 day vacation and we go to Denver. I will see how 4.5 goes. I should know by Wednesday if I'm going to have issues with that, right?

You shouldn't have any trouble going from 6mg to 4.5mg. That is normally a pretty simple reduction. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you very much.

Can you please point me in the right direction on this board for some group support? Would it be the "I need to talk" section? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

When I first joined Kellen kindly said that there was a lot of support here on this board and I see there are a lot of people in the same boat as I. I'm just not sure this is the right place to bring up certain day to day topics such as cravings.

For example, today I am going to the pool, Olive Garden, and a roller derby for my 10 year old's birthday. I am having wild cravings. Probably worse than I have since I quit. I find this very very frusterating and I am very angry with myself for even having such thoughts. Where would I go on this forum, as an opiate addict, to find support for a topic such as this.

I really appreciate all of the help for this newbie. I look forward to paying it forward some day when I have killed the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by raven4141 View Post
    Thank you very much.

Can you please point me in the right direction on this board for some group support? Would it be the "I need to talk" section? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

When I first joined Kellen kindly said that there was a lot of support here on this board and I see there are a lot of people in the same boat as I. I'm just not sure this is the right place to bring up certain day to day topics such as cravings.

For example, today I am going to the pool, Olive Garden, and a roller derby for my 10 year old's birthday. I am having wild cravings. Probably worse than I have since I quit. I find this very very frusterating and I am very angry with myself for even having such thoughts. Where would I go on this forum, as an opiate addict, to find support for a topic such as this.

I really appreciate all of the help for this newbie. I look forward to paying it forward some day when I have killed the dragon.

The NEED TO TALK category gets a lot of traffic and support. But I always tell people to go to the top right side of this page, click on "Quick Links" and a list will drop down. Then click on "Today's Posts" and you see all the posts from today, which gives you the most current subjects and people on the forum. Typically there will be from 35 - 50 plus threads open on a given day.

You can also go to the specific categories and find all the threads, both current and those that haven't had any communication for several days, weeks, months, or whatever. But you can find some old threads with excellent info that will help you too doing that.

Live support is definitely the best. Some people tend to stay on their own thread, regardless of the category unless they find a friend that is in a similar situation to them and they become kind of partners going through the process. That is an ideal situation. Hope that helps. God bless.

I just wanted to mention that on my daughters birthday, when I was having all of those horrid cravings, we went to the pool and I MADE myself get in. The girls ran off to the wave-section and I dragged myself over to the lap-lanes. I planned on literally floating down the lanes 6 times and then sitting in the hot-tub. Ya know what?! I ended up swimming 24 LAPS!!!!! 6 of them were HARD!!! I got in there and it felt really good. The rhythmic breathing. The water. So refreshing. I haven't excercised since my neck surgery in December - at all. All of a sudden I felt this anger...but good anger...rush over me and I swam. And didn't stop until I couldn't swim anymore. I felt fantastic. I was up late last night looking at local pools planning out my new swimming routine. It is going to be a part of my new excercise/sobriety/healing plan. Everything happens for a reason!

Swimming is great exercise, low impact or no impact pretty much, and it does wonders for getting our natural endorphine production working properly again. You couldn't do much that would be better for you! Exercise is the BEST med there is for detox. God bless.

Ashleyy is offline Member

I don't think this is a place to talk about cravings, as it triggers me.

I wish you the best of luck.
    Ashley

Anonymous Guest

ashley wot are you on about.....?? people who are getting clean get cravings. its part of it. and part of dealing with it is to talk about it...

i seen the other thread where you accused suzie of this, (mistaken identity) i think you need to realize if you get triggered reading a thread that isnt even yours, STOP READING IT....

this is ravens thread. and if needing to post about cravings. well so be it...

you havent even posted on this thread at all and you tell raven this..? bit rich girl... you need to sort out a bit of anger issue here...

RAVEN. dont stop posting ... YES THATS WHAT THIS PLACE IS ALL ABOUT....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-03-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Ashleyy is offline Member

cheeky I am just being truthful. I apologized to Suzie, yes... and felt horrible for saying that to her. Absolutely wrong person.

I have just seen so much inspiration and haven't heard people talk about craving a lot, at all. It just triggers me to think of other things... and I just believed there was another place to talk about that kind of stuff.

I am here to get better... and hopefully Raven will find support to keep on tack. I wish her the absolute best.
    Ashley