Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes
I'm Feeling My Jump off suboxone soon!! Need a bit of guidence..
    fedupnow is offline Member

Default I'm Feeling My Jump off suboxone soon!! Need a bit of guidence..

Ok Time for my story.. I'm male 31 yrs old and from Canada.. not the best place for suboxone treatment lol..

About 5 years ago I did take methadone for about 1yr because of self medicating habit's and jumped from 25mg.. it was hell, didn't sleep for 4 days straight!! 5-6 day i was good enough to function and after 3 weeks i was clear..

well i got into a car accident and was injured about 1 year later and prescribed 40mg oxy's 2 a day from my doc.. well that was stupid and after about 4-5 months back to methadone..

I was on methadone for about 2.5yrs and was at 120mg and weaned down to 17mg.. I couldn't take it anymore because I am a fast metabolizer and it wouldn't last me the day, even with splitting doses..

10 months ago I found this forum and started suboxone. the 72 waiting hour was complete agony but I somehow managed it. it's all in my past posts too.. I had to plead with my methadone clinic doc to switch me over and after a couple days of pleading I got it..

I am supposed to take 8mg of sub's a day but I take 6mg. The last 2 weeks i have weaned down. I get a script for 2 weeks at a time and have to urine test before i grab my next script. I haven't ever taken any other opiate's while on methadone or sub's. that part of my life has been long gone..

Now 2 weeks ago I came back to this site because I have full intentions on quitting.. Amberwish, sookie3, Jay, denny and other thread's have helped tremendously!!

I work in construction and am currently off for the winter. I don't start back up until about mid april weather permitting.. This is the reason why I need to do this now! This is my time and it will get done!

I did wean down pretty quick.. I use to take 2mg's about 7:30am, 2 mg's at 5:00pm, 2 mg's at 10-11 pm..

Saturday the 14th I changed this, 2 mg's 9:00am and 2Mg's at 7:30pm, this was the hardest to date!! at about 4-7pm i would get major leg pains, Rls, yawning, teary eyes..

I managed to hold 4 days and was fine and jumped down to 3mg split twice for 3 days and went fine, then jumped to 2 mg's split twice for about 3 days and still good, minimal discomfort.. no rls, not much tiredness, mostly just time watching and still constipated lol...

yesterday i only took 0.50mg at 4:00pm then 0.50mg at 3:30am.. i was considering to jump but then thought hey i made it this far why not go easier on myself and wean further!

I'm sitting here at 10:00 am and feel pretty good! I have a bit of sweating not much at all and that is it.. I do feel a bit weaker then i did a few weeks ago but nothing i can't handle.. I keep waiting for that crazy rls i got from jumpimg from 6-4mg but it still hasen't showed up to greet me lol. They key to my weaning is dosing at night then i can sleep like a baby and deal with withdrawal during the day..

So i decided to call my pharmacy to see about switching to the films but they don't carry it! I also called my methadone clinic and told them i want to change my script to a lower dose and they gave me ???? about weaning.. i didn't tell them how much i weaned, just told them that i have weaned a bit.. I was supposed to see the doc feb 18th but managed to get that switched to next monday..

Here's a little issue.. I have to go for urine test on sat and grab my new script, they do a supervised dose at the pharmacy on my first pick up date of 8mg's (not really an issue .. ways around this.. i'm still being treated as if i'm on methadone lol.. My doctor has absolutely no clue about suboxone and I'm his first ever patient for this.. he even got another doctor to induct me and then took over from there...

Now i do have quite a bit of sub's left from the last 10 months, about 5 packs.. I would like to try and get some 2mg tabs to make things a bit easier for dosing but am also thinking about just not going to the damn clinic anymore, it actually drives me nut's down there.. there is a lot of basket cases there lol..

please give me your thoughts!! I'm sorry for rambling but i really wanted to give you my true story and backround I know i went about this pretty fast but the faster i get this done then more time I have at home to re-coup before going back to work especially if this really does take a month or 2 to re-coup from
    Last edited by fedupnow; 01-23-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Jay44 is offline Member

Default Congrats

Hey, glad to see you've decided to wean yourself down. I agree with u, it's easier with 2mg films to be a bit more precise with our dose. It would be nice if your dr would listen to u. I told my dr I felt better with the lower dose & luckily he didn't have a prob giving me the 2mg films.

My dr originally put me on 12mg's a day & I could barely function. Im now down to .5 in the am & .5 in the pm. Hopefully he'll give u the lower dose. Good luck & keep us informed.
    fedupnow likes this.

INDCNTRY is offline Junior Member

Hey Fedup You have been around forum for a little while and put some time in to this. Could you maybe boil this down some? What is your taper at? Why can't you coordinate with your sub Dr. about your needs? Why do you still have to be a meth patient?
    I am not judging or anything like that but I sense some deception that maybe isn't good for your recovery...?
    fedupnow likes this.

well the problem is i called the pharmacy and they said there manufacturer doesn't carry the films so I'm stuck on the pills...

Also if i tell my doc that i dropped this low i think he will have a heart attack and kick me off the program! this is a Methadone maintenance clinic and they are very strict with there rules and such.. They DO NOT LIKE when you wean on your own..because you will have extra med's!

This is why I feel i should just drop the clinic and do this myself. plus it may give me even more motivation if I'm free from that damn place! He is also so clueless when it comes to suboxone, he took the course years ago and I'm his first guinea pig..

It's 12:00pm here now and still feel great, going to take 0.50 again at 4pm then will do another .50 before bed.. this seems crazy because i was at 6mg's 2 weeks ago but i can honestly say it doesn't hurt at all. No where near methadone weaning..
    INDCNTRY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INDCNTRY View Post
    Hey Fedup You have been around forum for a little while and put some time in to this. Could you maybe boil this down some? What is your taper at? Why can't you coordinate with your sub Dr. about your needs? Why do you still have to be a meth patient?
    I am not judging or anything like that but I sense some deception that maybe isn't good for your recovery...?
    i can garentee you 150% there is absolutely no deception other then weaning on my own and not telling the doc.. this was planed when i started so i can get to these tiny doses..

I switched from methadone to suboxone thru the clinic... I'm in canada and they really don't like suboxone here, try and google a sub doc here in canada and i bet you will not find 1... I've dun this, trust me..

look at my older posts, there's only about 4-5, it was from when i did the switch over, you will notice I had a hard time convincing him to switch me.. i litterly had to stop my methadone on my own from 17mg and went to his office and told him i researched this (sub's) and need this,, i pleaded for 3 days before i go the ok.. he says because it's still a meth clinic I'm forced to go by there rules..

my taper yesterday and today is .50mg at 4pm and 0.50mg at bedtime, roughly 3-4 am.. i have been spacing my doses and kicked the 3 times a day dose..
    Last edited by fedupnow; 01-23-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    INDCNTRY likes this.

INDCNTRY is offline Junior Member

I see. thank you for not taking offense. I totally understand. I also had to visit a clinic that was like some post apocolyptic future hellscape. Not the reason I got clean but whether its chasing pills or wasting life there...its all part of it.

I certainly think with what you have, you can taper to a very low and managable end point. I am not an expert but lots of others have with the right support. I am not that person as you know Fed. I am new to this too. 24 days clean for me.

But you know the drill. Keep posting. Keep tapering.
    fedupnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INDCNTRY View Post
    I see. thank you for not taking offense. I totally understand. I also had to visit a clinic that was like some post apocolyptic future hellscape. Not the reason I got clean but whether its chasing pills or wasting life there...its all part of it.

I certainly think with what you have, you can taper to a very low and managable end point. I am not an expert but lots of others have with the right support. I am not that person as you know Fed. I am new to this too. 24 days clean for me.

But you know the drill. Keep posting. Keep tapering.
    hahaha Thank you! i know the story!!

I'm just so motivated to do this and i will too be a success story! I have a great life and great support! My girlfriend who i live with is amazing, she doesn't or hasn't taken drugs ever! she's see's my struggle, I'm completely honest with her, but it's hard for her to understand why i can't just stop.. she's does still support me 100% tho! I have an excellent job and lot's of responsibilities with it, these subs and that damn clinic is the only thing holding me back..

I feel like i'm part of the 2% at that clinic that are actually there for help.. it's hard to see it there and sucks to see people struggle but most are there for backup and they wheel and deal out of there like crazy.. numerous of fights and constant line up's.. makes you feel like a loser even going there, i literally duck in and out as best as i can lol.. it's honestly a zoo!
    INDCNTRY likes this.

crazin is offline Junior Member

Hi Fedup,
    People have been using the 8mg pills on here for years, following Roberts plan. He always says when you get down to .5 and .25mg doses, to get it as close as you can and it will be good enough to taper with. Literally 100s or 1000s of people have done this with the 8mg pills, so you can too! Just think about it, if you have that many saved up, you can be done with the clinic NOW! At the dose you're at, you're very close to being done completely! That's an amazing thought, don't you think? Congrats on your progress!
    fedupnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crazin View Post
    Hi Fedup,
    People have been using the 8mg pills on here for years, following Roberts plan. He always says when you get down to .5 and .25mg doses, to get it as close as you can and it will be good enough to taper with. Literally 100s or 1000s of people have done this with the 8mg pills, so you can too! Just think about it, if you have that many saved up, you can be done with the clinic NOW! At the dose you're at, you're very close to being done completely! That's an amazing thought, don't you think? Congrats on your progress!
    Your right! agreed! Can't wait to put this all behind me and declare it a BAD dream!

it is a bit of a pain too split an 8 in 4, then i have been crushing 2mg piece and dividing it in 2, then i divide those by 2 again lol.. has anyone around here tried the liquid taper method?

Even tho it's a pain. it still get's done

Man this 1mg a day is kicking my butt!! I do now realize that i may have dropped a bit too quick.. I was fine at 1 mg for 2 days then had too take 1.25 the 3'rd day to get some sleep! forth day i had to do the same.. I have also been trying to train my body to dose only 1 time at night and it has been rough! I get bouts of depression and just irritable at times.. It's my fault because I'm really not keeping a consistent schedule dose.. I need to re-stabilize myself..

Today is a new day though and I will forget about yesterday's problems! I will wait it out as long as I can then will take .50 once i feel bad and .50 again at night to sleep. if i do again have to take another .25 i will then continue this schedule until I'm completely stable for a few days.. but will do .50 in afternoon and .75 at night..

On the bright side, I'm not at 6mg anymore, just hope my body will agree with me soon lol.

Anybody see any issue's with what I'm doing? I know I'm going to need some help with this. Also will probably need a modified taper plan since my metabolism is crazy and eat's this stuff up in no time!

thanks for listening!

Robert, denny_d or anyone else. I do need your help and I am 150% committed!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-25-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by fedupnow View Post
    Man this 1mg a day is kicking my butt!! I do now realize that i may have dropped a bit too quick.. I was fine at 1 mg for 2 days then had too take 1.25 the 3'rd day to get some sleep! forth day i had to do the same.. I have also been trying to train my body to dose only 1 time at night and it has been rough! I get bouts of depression and just irritable at times.. It's my fault because I'm really not keeping a consistent schedule dose.. I need to re-stabilize myself..

Today is a new day though and I will forget about yesterday's problems! I will wait it out as long as I can then will take .50 once i feel bad and .50 again at night to sleep. if i do again have to take another .25 i will then continue this schedule until I'm completely stable for a few days.. but will do .50 in afternoon and .75 at night..

On the bright side, I'm not at 6mg anymore, just hope my body will agree with me soon lol.

Anybody see any issue's with what I'm doing? I know I'm going to need some help with this. Also will probably need a modified taper plan since my metabolism is crazy and eat's this stuff up in no time!

thanks for listening!

Robert, denny_d or anyone else. I do need your help and I am 150% committed!

Fedup ..... found you! I have worked with tons of people in Canada and subs are harder to get there. Let me just give you my honest opinion. If you are having a hard time on 1mg bump it to 1.5mg and let me walk you all the way down. We'll talk daily and I can have you totally clean in a matter of weeks. That is a promise. I only suggest going to 1.5mg as I would like to see us do this with you feeling good from the beginning.

If you have a good stash of subs, and I don't care if they are 8mg pills or whatever, we can do this just fine. Blow off the goofy clinic if you have enough meds and let's just do this here together. How many 8mg pills do you have right now? And blow off the liquid taper. I know how to do this and we'll be done with you being another success story in no time. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 01-25-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    lilnadz likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Fedup ..... found you! I have worked with tons of people in Canada and subs are harder to get there. Let me just give you my honest opinion. If you are having a hard time on 1mg bump it to 1.5mg and let me walk you all the way down. We'll talk daily and I can have you totally clean in a matter of weeks. That is a promise. I only suggest going to 1.5mg as I would like to see us do this with you feeling good from the beginning.

If you have a good stash of subs, and I don't care if they are 8mg pills or whatever, we can do this just fine. Blow off the goofy clinic if you have enough meds and let's just do this here together. How many 8mg pills do you have right now? God bless.

Thank you so much Robert!!

I have 35 - 8mg tabs...

I have been cutting down really fast so I may not be as stable as i think.. Yesterday i held out my dose for 24hrs. I was actually trying to skip a day and took a 25mg sleeping pill and it actually made me soo much worse. was getting real bad electric feeling and couldn't sit still yet my eyes were closed, horrible feeling that I will NEVER do again!! so i took a dose of 1.25mg and went to slept fine 30mins later..

Today I took .50 at 1pm est and it is now 5pm here.. I feel good, I have energy, my only side affect is I'm sweating.. I can sometimes feel it drip and hit my sides (gross sorry) lol.. other then that I'm good to go so far..

So should i now dose 1mg at night time? maybe say 10-11pm? or should i do it if symptoms start to become worse at night? I can hold out and have no problem with little symptoms..

I also ordered some vitamins called Power for men, L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) and 100 tabs of Hylands restfull legs so i can be prepared later.. will start vitamins as soon I get them..

Thanks for your help Robert and will stick with you all the way out of this struggle

Thank you so much Robert!!

I have 35 - 8mg tabs...

I have been cutting down really fast so I may not be as stable as i think.. Yesterday i held out my dose for 24hrs. I was actually trying to skip a day and took a 25mg sleeping pill and it actually made me soo much worse. was getting real bad electric feeling and couldn't sit still yet my eyes were closed, horrible feeling that I will NEVER do again!! so i took a dose of 1.25mg and went to slept fine 30mins later..

Today I took .50 at 1pm est and it is now 5pm here.. I feel good, I have energy, my only side affect is I'm sweating.. I can sometimes feel it drip and hit my sides (gross sorry) lol.. other then that I'm good to go so far..

So should i now dose 1mg at night time? maybe say 10-11pm? or should i do it if symptoms start to become worse at night? I can hold out and have no problem with little symptoms..

I also ordered some vitamins called Power for men, L-Tyrosine (500 mg caps) and 100 tabs of Hylands restfull legs so i can be prepared later.. will start vitamins as soon I get them..

Thanks for your help Robert and will stick with you all the way out of this struggle

Dude .... you have been jumping around all over the map! You have enough meds for me to taper you off a bad >>>>>> habit from day one! Blow off the clinic entirely. I promise that I won't let you down. You've tapered too quickly and erratically so I again suggest that you bump it back to 1.5mg and see how you feel. I want to get you stable totally then we will taper you down properly. And I guarantee you'll have way over half of your meds left over when we are done and you're another success story. I will jump back on here later today and check on you. This is a done deal if you will just go along with me. God bless.
    sookie3 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Dude .... you have been jumping around all over the map! You have enough meds for me to taper you off a bad >>>>>> habit from day one! Blow off the clinic entirely. I promise that I won't let you down. You've tapered too quickly and erratically so I again suggest that you bump it back to 1.5mg and see how you feel. I want to get you stable totally then we will taper you down properly. And I guarantee you'll have way over half of your meds left over when we are done and you're another success story. I will jump back on here later today and check on you. This is a done deal if you will just go along with me. God bless.
    no problem I will bump up to 1.5mg, I have been splitting my dose. not sure if you want me to keep splitting them or should i take 1mg now and then do 1 daily dose?

sorry for the confusion! I'm with you 100% clinic is done! thank god!

Edit: I re-read your post again and i will take 1mg now and we will go from here, Thanks again Robert and eager to work with you on this!
    Last edited by fedupnow; 01-25-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    sookie3 and lilnadz like this.

sookie3 is offline Member

no problem I will bump up to 1.5mg, I have been splitting my dose. not sure if you want me to keep splitting them or should i take 1mg now and then do 1 daily dose?

sorry for the confusion! I'm with you 100% clinic is done! thank god!

Edit: I re-read your post again and i will take 1mg now and we will go from here, Thanks again Robert and eager to work with you on this!
    Hey fedup good on you!!! Your going to do this I can feel your eagerness and you have Robert on your team...so way to go..
    Having guidance is important and you've got it now.
    So kick on Canadian....Love Canada would really like to visit there someday!
    Sookie
    Robert_325, fedupnow and lilnadz like this.

Don't mistake mild symptoms for full blown withdrawal. It took me DAYS to go into withdrawal after my last dose (.5) of Subs on January 10th 2011. I still have an entire bottle of 2mg Subs leftover from my taper and detox...unbroken seal. Just listen to Robert...and perhaps consider finding a local support group to have someplace to vent. Getting clean always appeared to be my biggest hurdle, but looking over the entire last year, it was just a start. Staying clean is really the challenge. Good luck and best wishes for a slow recovery.
    Robert_325 and fedupnow like this.

Thanks Sookie and SiriusMoonlight, Congrat's on getting and staying clean!

Canada is pretty nice and quiet depending where your from. WE have a ton of nature and unused land to explore if your into it.. Nothing like the U.S tho. You guys have way more to do down there! I guess we all like to venture somewhere else for a change

I have completed group therapy a few times and attended counseling on a monthly basis for a year.. Being in the methadone program also meant I was tested weekly then bi-weekly and I have never had a dirty urine, ever. I haven't touched or craved anything for about 4 years now.. I still understand once I stop sub's then those cravings may try to nag me.. I know being clean will excite me more tho. it's been about a 5 year battle and healing process and my life has changed so much for the better.

These sub's are honestly my last and final struggle.. once I'm completely done with this then there is No looking back at all... I am prepared for the nagging once I'm done and if I ever feel I need more therapy then I honestly will do it.. I actually did enjoy it.

Robert I did take that 1mg for a total of 1.5mg for the day. I feel great, no sweating or anything bothering me so far. I just got back from a 40 min walk with the girlfriend and dogs. Pretty cold out there and that's about my only complaint
    Last edited by fedupnow; 01-25-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    Robert_325 likes this.

I feel pretty good, slept a good 8 hrs last night without the needs of sleeping meds..

not sure if I should continue to split my doses today at .75 am, 0.75 pm or should a wait a little longer and just dose 1.5mg once today?

over the last 10 months I have been splitting my doses..

Thanks Sookie and SiriusMoonlight, Congrat's on getting and staying clean!

Canada is pretty nice and quiet depending where your from. WE have a ton of nature and unused land to explore if your into it.. Nothing like the U.S tho. You guys have way more to do down there! I guess we all like to venture somewhere else for a change

I have completed group therapy a few times and attended counseling on a monthly basis for a year.. Being in the methadone program also meant I was tested weekly then bi-weekly and I have never had a dirty urine, ever. I haven't touched or craved anything for about 4 years now.. I still understand once I stop sub's then those cravings may try to nag me.. I know being clean will excite me more tho. it's been about a 5 year battle and healing process and my life has changed so much for the better.

These sub's are honestly my last and final struggle.. once I'm completely done with this then there is No looking back at all... I am prepared for the nagging once I'm done and if I ever feel I need more therapy then I honestly will do it.. I actually did enjoy it.

Robert I did take that 1mg for a total of 1.5mg for the day. I feel great, no sweating or anything bothering me so far. I just got back from a 40 min walk with the girlfriend and dogs. Pretty cold out there and that's about my only complaint

Man if I could only control the weather I would be a rich man! Stay at that dose another day. Want you totally smooth for a couple days. Need to let your body relax a little. Then we'll start a slow, regular taper that will be a breeze for you after what you've put yourself through. And I would continue to split the doses for a while longer until you're under 1mg. We'll make that decision together soon.

We'll have you clean in no time. Keep me posted how you're doing and I'm glad you are finally feeling better. The light is at the end of the tunnel and it's not a very long one I promise. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 01-26-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    lilnadz likes this.

Man if I could only control the weather I would be a rich man! Stay at that dose another day. Want you totally smooth for a couple days. Need to let your body relax a little. Then we'll start a slow, regular taper that will be a breeze for you after what you've put yourself through.

We'll have you clean in no time. Keep me posted how you're doing and I'm glad you are finally feeling better. The light is at the end of the tunnel and it's not a very long one I promise. God bless.
    ha ha thanks robert! It's nice and can finally start to see that little light along that long tunnel lol.

do you recommend me splitting doses or hold out and take 1 dose? I'm just a bit nervous of dosing once now and it not holding thru the night tonight?

Jay44 is offline Member

Man if I could only control the weather I would be a rich man! Stay at that dose another day. Want you totally smooth for a couple days. Need to let your body relax a little. Then we'll start a slow, regular taper that will be a breeze for you after what you've put yourself through. And I would continue to split the doses for a while longer until you're under 1mg. We'll make that decision together soon.

Sorry for jumping in on the thread. Hey Robert, I thought u fell off the face of the earth after the Texans loss? Hopefully a healthy team will get u over the hump next year. How u been?

Im down to .90 but still dosing twice a day. Staying positve & getting healthy. Take care my friend. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay44 View Post
    Sorry for jumping in on the thread. Hey Robert, I thought u fell off the face of the earth after the Texans loss? Hopefully a healthy team will get u over the hump next year. How u been?

Im down to .90 but still dosing twice a day. Staying positve & getting healthy. Take care my friend. Thanks for the help!

Hi Jay .... I did go through a mourning process after my Texans were totally mauled by Brady and company but I'm better now! I really believe they are one of the teams of the future if they can just stay healthy. Really hurt us finishing the season with the third string quarterback, though he did a good job all things considered.

Proud of you buddy getting down under that 1mg mark! That is awesome. I have just been staying out of Denny's way on your thread and giving him some space. But I'm on and off the forum daily and you can hit me up anytime you feel like it. You will be clean in no time now and I surely hope you hang around and share with newcomers how you are newly clean. They relate more to people like you than someone like me who has a long period of clean time. You know that a new person is just trying to make it a day, so newly clean members are really helpful just sharing that this process works the way it's supposed to.

Don't work too hard dude! Stay in touch and you've done awesome! Proud of you! God bless.

Jay44 is offline Member

Default Thank You!

It truely mean the world to me to get positive feedback from you & Denny & everyone else on this forum. The forum really has been a savior with my crazy work schedule. I occasionaly pop in on other threads but I dnt like to step on the more experienced toes. Thanks for all u do!

God knows I have the time to stick around on the forum. It makes me feel good giving a little positve feedback.

Fedup, how are u doing?
    Robert_325 likes this.

Doing pretty good jay thanks! I went about my taper a bit too quick at first and was surely unstable for 2 weeks buy hey it did get me to 1.5mg and am pretty happy about it.. wouldn't recommend it to anyone tho lol..

I just dosed .75mg and will wait to later tonight for another 0.75mg.. I usually split my doses as i find i can sleep better thru the night. I guess I'm just afraid one early dose won't hold me. I have a pretty fast metabolism 5'9" 150lbs guy that never gains or losses wait and can eat ???? all day long lol..

Congrat's so far on your success! Your doing great! Your thread has helped me a lot and given me strength to push on!

I'm right here behind you and will do this the right way now and get errr done!
    Robert_325 likes this.

I'm now at day 3 of 1.5mg but i was taking a little less for maybe 2 days before starting 1.5mg.. so it must be more like day 5.. I'm not sure how stable I am because of my erratic tapering and haven't felt stable for a while.. I know I do feel so much better these last 3 days then i did during my quick taper.

I did sleep a good 6hrs last night.. that's normal for me. Because of my work I only sleep 5-6 hrs a night and have been doing this for years.. I'm still having washrooms issue's in the morning before taking my dose of 0.75 at 9am.. I'm going to push my afternoon dose from 5pm to maybe 7-8pm and it will probably hold me much better. I actually started re-painting the house and got 1st coat done in the upstairs bedroom. Today, second coat and finish.

I do need some answers tho:

When tapering, and you feel stable, do you feel as stable as you did when at a higher dose? or do you still have mild symptoms which are tolerable and still reduce?

I know when I was at a higher dose, I would feel myself going into withdrawal it was much more intense. bad RLS, yawning, teary eyes, feeling the need to stretch..

Now between doses it seems much more milder for some reason, they come on slow and are no where as intense? which is a good thing! hope this makes sense..lol

Anyways I'm asking all this because I'm trying to figure out stable.. I would guess I'm at least 85-90% stable?.. No depression at all, I do get mild emotional in the hour leading up to my next dose, also start to stretch and crack my ankles. that's my sign that it's almost dose time.

I really want to do this the right way now! I'm so glad to have teamed up with Robert and friends, I have no doubts about making it to that finish line!

I'm now at day 3 of 1.5mg but i was taking a little less for maybe 2 days before starting 1.5mg.. so it must be more like day 5.. I'm not sure how stable I am because of my erratic tapering and haven't felt stable for a while.. I know I do feel so much better these last 3 days then i did during my quick taper.

I did sleep a good 6hrs last night.. that's normal for me. Because of my work I only sleep 5-6 hrs a night and have been doing this for years.. I'm still having washrooms issue's in the morning before taking my dose of 0.75 at 9am.. I'm going to push my afternoon dose from 5pm to maybe 7-8pm and it will probably hold me much better. I actually started re-painting the house and got 1st coat done in the upstairs bedroom. Today, second coat and finish.

I do need some answers tho:

When tapering, and you feel stable, do you feel as stable as you did when at a higher dose? or do you still have mild symptoms which are tolerable and still reduce?

I know when I was at a higher dose, I would feel myself going into withdrawal it was much more intense. bad RLS, yawning, teary eyes, feeling the need to stretch..

Now between doses it seems much more milder for some reason, they come on slow and are no where as intense? which is a good thing! hope this makes sense..lol

Anyways I'm asking all this because I'm trying to figure out stable.. I would guess I'm at least 85-90% stable?.. No depression at all, I do get mild emotional in the hour leading up to my next dose, also start to stretch and crack my ankles. that's my sign that it's almost dose time.

I really want to do this the right way now! I'm so glad to have teamed up with Robert and friends, I have no doubts about making it to that finish line!

fedup ...... you've got to remember that you're tapering DOWN from opiates. If you feel nothing at all you're really not making any progress. Perhaps I make it sound too easy at times. During the four to six days you spend between reductions you should stable out again. You don't want to reduce yet again if you're not feeling well or that feeling will just worsen as you go down in your dose. This is nothing a person can't handle, especially compared to a cold turkey, but yes, you will feel a little uncomfortable if you're doing it right. But you shouldn't be sick or feeling like you're in bad detox. If that happens tell me and we'll make the necessary changes. Keep me posted. You're doing awesome. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 01-27-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Robert Thank you.

I'm definitely not feeling anything near a bad detox Just a little bit icky before doses.. I guess my confusion comes from my crazy taper i did. I feel so much better these last 3 days then I did during my rapid taper! I can totally function and go out, I'm not in bed, I have been doing reno's on the house and all! I have some tiny sweats that pass once I take my pm dose..

I might actually be ready to do my next taper tomorrow or sunday

Is my next taper dose 1.125?

is 0.125 half of a 0.25?

Robert Thank you.

I'm definitely not feeling anything near a bad detox Just a little bit icky before doses.. I guess my confusion comes from my crazy taper i did. I feel so much better these last 3 days then I did during my rapid taper! I can totally function and go out, I'm not in bed, I have been doing reno's on the house and all! I have some tiny sweats that pass once I take my pm dose..

I might actually be ready to do my next taper tomorrow or sunday

Is my next taper dose 1.125?

is 0.125 half of a 0.25?

Yes, .125 is half of .25. Remember this about figuring your next dose as it's very simple. Always take your current dose and multiply it by .75.

So you are at 1.5mg X .75 = 1.125mg. Multiplying by .75 gives you a 25% reduction. If you split that into two doses take .5mg each dose and just cut a little tiny extra with it and that will be close enough. We can make this more difficult than it has to be. You're doing awesome! God bless.
    fedupnow likes this.

Hello everyone!

The last 2 days have been great, it's lasting me all day and I do feel stable. The one and only issue I have is I woke up the last 2 days at 3am drenched in sweat? got up had a glass of water, washroom break and back to sleep.. then I'll get up around 8am because I'm restless and wait till 9 am for my dose.. it's getting much easier.. I also have been getting some real vivid, sometimes nightmare dreams which I actually don't mind..

The sweating might be because I'm actually drinking a lot more water now during the day..

Today will be day 1 at 1.125mg.

Is it better for me to switch to 1 daily dose soon or later? does it matter if i keep splitting doses all the way to the end? these are my only questions for now.

I would wait to do one dose until under 1mg. Just my opinion. Some people take one dose from day one. I think that splitting it is easier during a taper. God bless.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast