Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By SuzieOf
I was inducted too high!
    Baconator is offline New Member

Default I was inducted too high!

I'm mainly writing this after reading a bunch of these threads.
    Robert, I wrote thread earlier in another forum. Rather than rewrite it maybe you can just jump over there real quick and then hopefully I can get some advice.
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...tml#post361289
    I would really appreciate any advice from any of you but I read the taper plan Robert posted and it sounds like a winner.
    My doc didn't use COWS at all. He took my blood pressure and had me hold my hands out to see if I was shaking.
    He asked me if I was sick and I said yes, which I was, but not like I probably should have been.
    Thanks a ton for all the info on this site.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

You mean you had opiates in your system when you were inducted on sub? Is that really the Doctor's fault? This is the start of a long journey for you if you cannot start being honest with yourself RIGHT NOW. Doctor's don't have much to go by when gauging the w/d of a patient other than some symptoms and your word as the patient. I'm 100% you were told before you started that you could not have opiates in your system for atleast 72 hours for this to be effective for you. If you had told the Doctor you were "high" I'm sure he would have sent you home. I don't understand why people have such a problem with this. I was a junkie with the tolerance of two horses. When I decided to seek treatment and they told me I needed to remain clean for 72 hours I took it seriously and did what was required of me because I truly wanted to stay clean enough to warrant being sick for a few days. I'm not sure what Robert can do to help you. He may either suggest stopping and re-starting or hang in for the ride. Either way good luck.

Anonymous Guest

actually rxqueen i have done the same thing and often YES IT IS THE DOCTORS FAULT.... my doctor never used a cows sheet either and i ended up the same, in horrible precipitated withdrawls for 2 days. bit of a sanctimonious attitude coming thru there. we cant always have the luxury of getting it right....

baconator (bit of a bk freak are we lol) same happened to me. i know how awful prec wd is. totally sucks and people who havent gone thru it have no frikkin idea....
    now that you have your subs, you should no way take that much ever again... tomorrow try only 8mg....

i will put up a link for you to read. but you can get thru this and still come out ok.... for me, i went thru a clinic so i had no choice but to do what they said, and next day i was too scared to take the 12mg i was inducted on, they said, no take it... well i only took 10mg and never went back up... i took it thru a pharmacy every day so i had to be strong, telling them i wanted to taper. once i got takeaways i had a bit more control of my own taper.

you can have control.... once i post the link, have a read... and go for it... i got clean using subs. its been 18months now. woo hoo.....

i read your other post too, so im not judging you like rx seems to have done....

my doctor had told me to go without for 72 hours as well. but i was on methadone. and that stays in a lot longer, and if he had used the cows sheet he might have known.. he did same as yours, seen if my hands were shaking, looked at pupils, took blood pressure.

ok i post the link for ya anyway. and good luck. and its totally do able... so get out there and grab the freedom.... its awesome.
    Baconator likes this.

Anonymous Guest

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...tml#post220161

baconator. (still makes me smile) here is a great link... read it carefully....

theres two options. try and only take 8mg tomorrow, (which is still pretty high) and carry on..... or take nothing, and google the cows worksheet, and start over... induct slowly and get on a lower dose...

i didnt have the luxury of starting over, coz the clinic do it their way or the highway, so i spent two days in bed fully clothed, in horrible withdrawls...

i so know how it feels. and wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. (well ok maybe, lol)
    Baconator likes this.

Anonymous Guest

just re read your other thread, you are on day 5 of subs. and you are still on WAY TOO HIGH....

YOU NEED TO REDUCE AS SOON AS YOU CAN OR YOU ARE IN FOR A POWER OF TROUBLE... you only take subs once or at max twice a day, and you dont take it if you feel like a bit more later....

16mg is a ridiculously high dose, so taking one more later is insane.....

you gotta read around carefully and take control of this, or you are just gonna end up hooked on subs at a stupidly high dose...

READ THE LINK AND START REDUCING... you can drop 8mg of that high dose tomorrow, and you will not notice it....
    Baconator and Suboxowned like this.

Yes rx queen the doctor who started me on subs told me to quit taking the dilaudid at 4 a.m. he said he would start me on subs the next day at 1 pm. Sounded a ,little weird but hey, he's the doc right? I was completely honest with him. I haven't seen him since but I talked to him on the phone and told him I was in withdrawals and he told me to take another strip .

Thank you, I appreciate your kindness. Rx queen must not have read my other thread cause I think I explained it pretty good. Either way, I'm here for advice, good and bad. I'll read your link now.
    By the way, the user name has nothing to do with my absolute love for bacon:-)

SuzieOf is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Yes rx queen the doctor who started me on subs told me to quit taking the dilaudid at 4 a.m. he said he would start me on subs the next day at 1 pm. Sounded a ,little weird but hey, he's the doc right? I was completely honest with him. I haven't seen him since but I talked to him on the phone and told him I was in withdrawals and he told me to take another strip .
    I was inducted by a psychiatrist and he told me to come in withdrawals the next day but never said anything about 72 hours or any time factor. I had to drive an hour on the highway to get there so not sure I could have done it if I was in more w/d's anyway. He didn't look at my pupils or my hand or take my blood pressure. All he did was make me sign forms that covered his asz. The only saving grace was that he only started me on half a pill or 4mg.'s but I still had a hard time driving home and stayed in the slow lane going as slow as I could the whole way. What I find unforgivable was that he never mentioned to me that for a 3-4 hydrocodone a day dependence taking suboxone for the rest of my life was not the best way to go. Btw, when I got home I started feeling sick too and the next day I only took 2mg. and felt much better.
    Last edited by SuzieOf; 04-28-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Anonymous Guest

suzie theres no way you need subs for the rest of your life if you do the taper.... get clean....

In general the docs don't believe a word we say...it's a result of repeatedly being lied to. Sound familiar? If not, keep coming around and I'll talk to you when you count your clean time in years instead of days. By then it will sound familiar.

But more to the point, cheeky is right. What's done is done and all that remains is to taper and detox. Just like the rest of us. You can be a slave or be saved. The choice is yours. I was inducted too high, went into PD, got stabilized, tapered over months, detoxed over weeks, got clean and have been completely free for 15 months. Anyone can do it, I am living proof. I wish you well.

Jon

SuzieOf is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    suzie theres no way you need subs for the rest of your life if you do the taper.... get clean....
    oops, I guess I thought you knew about my thread and that I am doing Robert's taper. I'm almost at the end, or very close. I'm at .50 mg.'s once a day and tapering
    Baconator likes this.