Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
I have a question for Robert 325
    Kriskay80 is offline Junior Member

Default I have a question for Robert 325

Hi Robert,
    I am hoping you can help me. I have been taking suboxone for four years. I was taking 6mg a day. I tapered myself to spitting a 2 mg in half and now taking that once a day. I am really ready to stop taking it completely. I wanted to know how much lower do I need to go before I stop completely? I read where if you crush them it's easier to prevent WD. I went cold turkey off of oxy's and Percocet and the WD about killed me! I am afraid of going through that again! Any advice you have would be appreciated!
    Thankyou for all your information!
    Kris

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kriskay80 View Post
    Hi Robert,
    I am hoping you can help me. I have been taking suboxone for four years. I was taking 6mg a day. I tapered myself to spitting a 2 mg in half and now taking that once a day. I am really ready to stop taking it completely. I wanted to know how much lower do I need to go before I stop completely? I read where if you crush them it's easier to prevent WD. I went cold turkey off of oxy's and Percocet and the WD about killed me! I am afraid of going through that again! Any advice you have would be appreciated!
    Thankyou for all your information!
    Kris

Kris ...... So are you one 1mg or 2mg a day?? I think that I understand that you've split the 2mg pill and are taking half of it daily in one dose, is that correct? If that is correct you are still on too high of a dose to stop cold. You have a ways to go yet. Give me a little more info so I know that I'm right. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Robert,
    Thanks for getting back with me. Yes, I am currently taking one half of a 2mg pill a day. I have been doing this for the last past week. Do you feel I am ready to reduce it or should I continue to stay on that dose for awhile longer? I felt alittle WD, but nothing compared to what I experienced before. Thanks for your help!
    kristina

I also forgot to tell you, I only have 30 polls left and I really don't want to get it refilled. I had told myself this would be it. Do you feel that is enough to taper off?
    Thanks again!

I also forgot to tell you, I only have 30 polls left and I really don't want to get it refilled. I had told myself this would be it. Do you feel that is enough to taper off?
    Thanks again!

Being on 1mg you have plenty of pills to taper off if you follow what I ask you to do to the letter. After a week at 1mg you should be totally stable. I am assuming that is the case. If so, then you can reduce by 25% and reduce to .75mg today or tomorrow.

Keep me posted, let me know whether you reduce today or not. I will be gone to a funeral this afternoon and won't be back until late in the day. I will check for replies at that time. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

I am going to start to take .75 today. I will let you know how I am doing. I am hoping I can get through this without the terrible WD some people experience. Thanks again for getting back to me, I appreciate it!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert,
    I am sorry I forgot to ask you a question. For about the last 6 months, after taking the suboxone I sometimes would get sick. The taste of it, will make me nauseated and there were times where I had to spit some of it out. Is this normal? Even now, at times the taste makes me want to spit it out, but I know if I do I will go into WD from not tapering. I also want to make sure I am cutting my pill correctly to .75. Do I just split the 1 milligram in half? I just want to make sure I am not giving myself too much or little. Thanks again for your help!

Robert,
    I am sorry I forgot to ask you a question. For about the last 6 months, after taking the suboxone I sometimes would get sick. The taste of it, will make me nauseated and there were times where I had to spit some of it out. Is this normal? Even now, at times the taste makes me want to spit it out, but I know if I do I will go into WD from not tapering. I also want to make sure I am cutting my pill correctly to .75. Do I just split the 1 milligram in half? I just want to make sure I am not giving myself too much or little. Thanks again for your help!

You should not be spitting the subs out. If you take a 2mg sub and crush it, you divide the powder into four equal piles. Eyeballing it is fine. Each pile will be .5mg. So take 1 1/2 piles, that will equal .75mg.

If you cut 1mg in half that will only be .5mg. God bless.

Hi Robert,
    Today is my second day on the .75, but I made a mistake. When I was tapering down from 2mg I went to 1 mg. I was reading where you said to always taper to 25 percent. Should I start my taper over and start out at 25% of the 2 mg? I was just concerned that I might have done it too fast and am going to start WD that I could of prevented. Or should I just stay at the .75 and see how I feel? Thanks for your help!

I have been taking .75 for three days now. Today was the first day I had withdraws, not like when I went cold turkey but I feel spacey, stomache and shakey. When I took my dose it got a little better. I was just wandering if this is what I should expect through the rest of my tapering? If this is as bad as it gets, I know I will be ok because it's nothing compared to full blown WD. I have been telling myself, that this too shall pass! Iam going to take some advil to see if it helps with the aches. Should I stay at the .75 for another couple days to see how I feel before tapering again? I have been reading some of the post on here and it has really inspired me to get through it no matter what! I have been on suboxone for four years and my doctor never mentioned tapering, he tried to convince me to stay on it for the rest of my life. Like that is really possible! I don't want to be 80 years old still depending on a drug to get me through the day. I am so grateful that there are people here willing to help others!
    gunnawin likes this.

gunnawin is offline Junior Member

Kriskay.....I just read ur poast about the doc not telling ya about the tapering part of the SUB PROGRAM ( that's what the docs here call it) Well my doc did not tell me about it as well. I just decided to reduce my dose over time bcuz I had a problem affording it. I quit when I was at 1mg. I thought I would be fine...HAHA!!! I was wrong!!!! So, about 6 or 7 days into my wd's, I found this website and learned I should have tapered. I was too far in to turn back and do it correctly. Robert_325 has helped many. I suggest u use his taper plan. Cuz, I sure would have!!!! I'm on day 16, I have some rough days but they are so much better than that first 10 days of my "JUMP". Hang in there and the best of luck to u!!!

gunnawin,
    Thanks for your comment! I did the same exact thing, I just decided enough is enough and I am not paying him anymore money to just have me addicted to another medication! It has been 4 years, and not one time did he even try to get me off. Had I known then what I do now, I would of tried a long time ago to get off of it. I am now down to .75 and having with draws, not as bad as before but they are defintley noticeable. I had read where if you begin to have withdraws but not to the point where you are suffering, then that is a good sign. It is your body letting you know that is responding to the taper. I am not sure if that is true, but I am hoping! It has been a long road for all of us here, but it is so nice to have a place to get help and reassurance. I am never going back once this is over, I have learned more on this board in the last few days, then my doc ever told me. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble but I am just relieved that this is almost over! Good luck with your tapering and let me know how you are doing!

Kris kay!!! U are welcome. From my experience it is very comforting to have someone respond. I'm not saying my comments about wd's or even the suboxone are correct. I just put my experience out there cuz everyone is different and every situation is different. At first, I was full of HATE. I hated that I put myself here. But now, I tend to laugh about it. ALOT!!!! But, it's not that funny at times. On my bad days, I just tell myself, "I spent alot of money to feel this way". Sad but true. But, at least now I do get a laugh. That's better than the beginning when all I had was hate.

SuzieOf is offline Member

Hi KrisKay,

I am tapering about the same as you. I'm have taken .50 for a few days now. The first couple of days at this amount I had w/d symptoms but like you said..not like cold turkey. Then the next couple of days it was better so I have to assume it has gotten stable and I'm ready for the next 25% reduction (although I panic that I am not doing the math right). Robert told me that it is normal for us to feel a little something when we taper especially for as long as we took it.

I also had a dr. who never mentions a taper plan to any of his patients and wants us to be on it for the rest of our lives. I have taken it for 3 years. I tried to quit at 2mg. and after nine days where I thought I was dying I decided to do it right after I found this forum. I'm so glad you found this site before you jumped at 1mg. If you click on my name and choose threads that I have started you can read how Robert has helped me. Btw, I read that he is away today at a funeral so he won't be replying to you until later. Good luck to you and know that y ou have a lot of support here. I also have 30 pills left so we really have a lot in common.. except I quit my doctor so cn't get more even if I wanted to, lol
    Last edited by SuzieOf; 04-09-2012 at 03:33 PM.

SuzieOf,
    The wd today have been worse i guess because i am really begin to taper to a low amount. Not like before, I just feel irritable, hot flashes, sweaty palms. I guess I should be thankful that I am not sitting on the couch rocking back and forth from pain. When I went cold turkey I thought I was going to die, it was almost as bad when I went off the pain pills! Did your wd eventually get better? How long have you been tapering down? Thanks for your support, it is nice to know that I have others to discuss this with. Good luck and let me know how you are doing!

I just thought about all the money I have spent throughout the years! My doc charges 100.00 dollars for his visit, then all the co pays which were 60.00 dollars and not to mention the reasons that made me take the suboxone. I was spending so much money on oxycotin and percocets, it really makes me so upset with myself! I realize it is in the past and I am moving on, but I could of bought a car or went on a nice vacation. I am going to start to put the money back that I would of spent on my doc and prescriptions and do something for myself when I am done tapering! I am just so ready for this to be over, I want to feel 'normal' again! The last ten years of my life has revolved around opiates, it really makes me want to just cry at times! I have missed out on so many things because of it. I am looking forward to the future, and being free from it!

I have been having some stomach issues, does anyone know of a good over the counter med to get? I am nauseated at times but trying to eat as much as I can. Thanks!

I have been having some stomach issues, does anyone know of a good over the counter med to get? I am nauseated at times but trying to eat as much as I can. Thanks!

You can use Pepto, Alka Seltzer, any one of several. Best thing is to get some good food in you, but keep it to bland foods, nothing spicey. Oatmeal, plain cereal, things like bananas, avacados, rice, beans, things that will help you physically but not be harsh on your stomach are the idea. Also protein shakes are good if you buy the really good ones. Hope that helps. God bless.
    gunnawin likes this.

Kriskay....Hang in there sweetie!!! I'm not a coach by any means but I have just went through what u are going through now. It does get better. I'm still having those stomach issues as well. Not much, but still lingering a little. But my energy level has came up tremendously!!! I was scared I would never see that again!!! But It's back........And it is so awesome and very rewarding!!!

Robert and gunnawin,
    Thanks for responding. I got some Pepto and I have been making my own smoothies. I made one today with raspberries and sherbet and it seemed to help. I went out with a friend, and it really helped with taking my mind off things. I haven't been sleeping well and it is weird. Not because of pain from the wd because they aren't that severe, but it is like my brain won't shut off. the entire time I lay down it's like my mind is racing, I am sure it is part of the WD, but I wish I could get at least 6 hours of sleep. I have small children at home and 6 o"clock comes rather quickly! Thanks so much for all of your support, and for getting back to me! It has really helped me through this process.

Robert,
    I had forgot to ask , I have been on .75 for 5 days now, but I am still having some withdraws. They are stronger now then before when I was tapering. Is it because I am starting to take lower doses? I wanted to ask you if I can stay on this dose for a couple more days until I feel a little more stable? Thankyou!

Robert and gunnawin,
    Thanks for responding. I got some Pepto and I have been making my own smoothies. I made one today with raspberries and sherbet and it seemed to help. I went out with a friend, and it really helped with taking my mind off things. I haven't been sleeping well and it is weird. Not because of pain from the wd because they aren't that severe, but it is like my brain won't shut off. the entire time I lay down it's like my mind is racing, I am sure it is part of the WD, but I wish I could get at least 6 hours of sleep. I have small children at home and 6 o"clock comes rather quickly! Thanks so much for all of your support, and for getting back to me! It has really helped me through this process.
    Unfortunately the same thing happens with me as regards to sleep and it has been since day one of tapering. The same exact thing. Mind racing, not sleepy at all. I wake up every hours throughout the night. The only thing I can suggest that has helped me is a very hot bath right before going to bed. As hot as you can stand it. And just soak and relax... don't wash your hair or exert yourself in any way. Good luck with this honey. I can imagine how hard it is when you have a full day with young children. But then again, keeping busy really helps too. I've noticed that the w/d's are so much better when I'm moving then sitting still. I just reduced today myself. The numbers are hard for me, lol.. I went from .50 so whatever 25% less is

kellennn is offline Member

Just keep on keeping on alright? We're all always rooting for you here. I know that's not much of a comment but I figure somethings better than nothing.

I know how much even the tiniest comments meant to me when I was in the throes. I hope you find that guiding light.
    Ashleyy likes this.

kellennn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuzieOf View Post
    Unfortunately the same thing happens with me as regards to sleep and it has been since day one of tapering. The same exact thing. Mind racing, not sleepy at all. I wake up every hours throughout the night. The only thing I can suggest that has helped me is a very hot bath right before going to bed. As hot as you can stand it. And just soak and relax... don't wash your hair or exert yourself in any way. Good luck with this honey. I can imagine how hard it is when you have a full day with young children. But then again, keeping busy really helps too. I've noticed that the w/d's are so much better when I'm moving then sitting still. I just reduced today myself. The numbers are hard for me, lol.. I went from .50 so whatever 25% less is
    It's funny, every time I read you talking about baths, you always mention not to get your hair wet... I just think that's really funny because I'm the EXACT same way. I'm so tired by that point I don't even want to dry my hair.. it's why the late bath is wayyy better than the late shower!

Robert,
    I had forgot to ask , I have been on .75 for 5 days now, but I am still having some withdraws. They are stronger now then before when I was tapering. Is it because I am starting to take lower doses? I wanted to ask you if I can stay on this dose for a couple more days until I feel a little more stable? Thankyou!

You're getting down close to the end. Don't reduce again until you're pretty much stable or the symptoms will follow you down till the end. God bless.
    Ashleyy likes this.

Thanks everyone for your support, my husband travels a lot and I have no family here so it really helps to be able to vent at times. I got 6 hours of sleep last night and woke up today feeling pretty good! Hopefully, my body is adjusting to the dosage. I wish the best for all of you and thankyou Robert for taking time out of ur day to help others! You have helped me more in a week then my doctor ever did, pretty sad but true! It has been almost 8 years since I have been totally opiate free, and I am so ready to close that chapter! Have a good weekend and I will check in next week!
    Robert_325 and SuzieOf like this.

Thanks everyone for your support, my husband travels a lot and I have no family here so it really helps to be able to vent at times. I got 6 hours of sleep last night and woke up today feeling pretty good! Hopefully, my body is adjusting to the dosage. I wish the best for all of you and thankyou Robert for taking time out of ur day to help others! You have helped me more in a week then my doctor ever did, pretty sad but true! It has been almost 8 years since I have been totally opiate free, and I am so ready to close that chapter! Have a good weekend and I will check in next week!
    Kriskay, we have a lot in common. It has been about 8 yrs. since I have been opiate free too and my doctor never helped me at all. My appointments with the sub dr. lasted 10 min. and the only questions he asked me had to do with covering HIS azz not about me. I had no idea that the pills cost so much until I read here. Oddly enough, medicaid paid for the whole amount but the dr. had to have cash for his visit. Would not take any insurance. I am at a lower dose than you now and while I do feel the taper I also get flashes of energy or rather... don't know how to explain it.. but I get flashes of clear head and energy in between the w/d symptoms that are very encouraging to me. I know when I finally get all of the sub out of my system that's what I have to look forward to. Clear head and natural energy... yay!!!
    dsac6060 likes this.

Nomoremethadone is offline New Member

Default ? For Robert please

I am writing because I used pills for pain for 6 years and now on methadone and I am on50mg a day I am going on a trip in June and don't want to be on it when I. Go how do I get off before then

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoremethadone View Post
    I am writing because I used pills for pain for 6 years and now on methadone and I am on50mg a day I am going on a trip in June and don't want to be on it when I. Go how do I get off before then
    It would be better if you started your own thread as it would get more views and more responses and Robert will see it faster. Here is how to do it. Go to the top left of the page and click on Forum. Then pick the forum that is best for your topic and click on it. Then at the top of the page it says New Thread. Click on that and you will have started your own thread. Good luck to you honey.

nomo momo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomoremethadone View Post

Also, Robert will be unavailable for the next few days, i do not feel comfortable giving any advice as your situation as very different than mine and Roberts advice to the induction will be crucial.

However, he did say that there are others here capable of assisting so i'd take the advice, post your own thread, spell out as much info as possible, and make the title obvious to everyone.

...maybe Prescription Drug Addiction section is your best bet since you really are not on suboxone.....yet.

good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast