Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
I could use Robert's help
    splitcane is offline Junior Member

Default I could use Robert's help

I will keep it short but want to provide you with a quick history. A car accident 7 years ago started me on the road of pain killer addiction. I went from perc 10/325's 3x per day to 30 mg roxi's 4-8x per day. I also learned that snorting them made them work faster and sent my tolerance thru the roof. I still see the doc once a month and he writes them (script of 4x per day..120 per month) but I dont want them anymore. I haven't screwed up my life, lost my home etc. but I def have a problem that will not get better unless I fix it. I took my last 2 30's about 7hours ago (man do I want one now). I have 6 Suboxone strips ( 8mg bup 2mg nox) and can get more if needed. I plan to have a few drinks tonight and maybe something to help me sleep. I will hopefully wake up tomorrow above the 26 mark on the COWS sheet so I can begin a Sub detox. I have read Robert's instructions and they certainly sound good to me. The last few months have seen me run short on my meds so I am definately out of control. I can burn or rather snort thru 120 in 1-2 weeks. I told my fiance that I had a problem and she wants to help so I have some support. I just want and need this to be as painless possible (I know that's asking for a lot) because I cannot let down my kids, job etc. I am really hoping Robert's method works. I dont want to go to a doctor because I don't want to trade an oxy habit for a sub habit..I want to get it over with ..I am not looking for a maint program. I will deal with the back pain another way but honestly, i don't even know what hurts anymore....... Advice from anyone on this board would be appreciated. Robert..if you are out there..I've read your posts...your help would be a godsend.

Default Change in plan

Quote Originally Posted by splitcane View Post
    I will keep it short but want to provide you with a quick history. A car accident 7 years ago started me on the road of pain killer addiction. I went from perc 10/325's 3x per day to 30 mg roxi's 4-8x per day. I also learned that snorting them made them work faster and sent my tolerance thru the roof. I still see the doc once a month and he writes them (script of 4x per day..120 per month) but I dont want them anymore. I haven't screwed up my life, lost my home etc. but I def have a problem that will not get better unless I fix it. I took my last 2 30's about 7hours ago (man do I want one now). I have 6 Suboxone strips ( 8mg bup 2mg nox) and can get more if needed. I plan to have a few drinks tonight and maybe something to help me sleep. I will hopefully wake up tomorrow above the 26 mark on the COWS sheet so I can begin a Sub detox. I have read Robert's instructions and they certainly sound good to me. The last few months have seen me run short on my meds so I am definately out of control. I can burn or rather snort thru 120 in 1-2 weeks. I told my fiance that I had a problem and she wants to help so I have some support. I just want and need this to be as painless possible (I know that's asking for a lot) because I cannot let down my kids, job etc. I am really hoping Robert's method works. I dont want to go to a doctor because I don't want to trade an oxy habit for a sub habit..I want to get it over with ..I am not looking for a maint program. I will deal with the back pain another way but honestly, i don't even know what hurts anymore....... Advice from anyone on this board would be appreciated. Robert..if you are out there..I've read your posts...your help would be a godsend.
    Instead of trying to get thru the night and start sub detox tomorrow (before work) I am going take my last dose after work today I will sleep fine tonight....go to work in the morning and stay busy.or try to anyway...then at the end if the work day I will be hitting the 24 hr mark since last opiate use and should be able to start on the subs.....I will also be at home in case it doesn't go so well....that would be much better than being at work.......does that make sense? Any advic would be appreciated. Thank you.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Hi there, I'm not in any position to give you advice, im currently tapering off subs myself, but while you are waiting for one of the experts to respond make sure you read over Roberts suboxone induction / taper plan. Also I know they will tell you it's imperative to be scored at minimum a 26 on the COWS worksheet, it doesn't go by the amount of time since your last dose of medicine, goes by intensity of symptoms. Please read the following link carefully and read the COWS worksheet info. http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html

Hope this helps answer some q's for now until someone can hop on n guide you through this. Hang in there and congrats on making the decision to quit. Roberts plan has worked for so many so make sure you read the above link carefully. Hang tight n take care,
    Crystal
    Last edited by Crystalclear651; 07-26-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Strong Desire likes this.

Thank you Crystal. I know I am going to feel terrible in the morning but I will deal with it......I am so looking forward to getting clean. Tomorrow will be a long day but it will end with my first step to detox and Suboxone....I just hope everything I have read is true. My research led me to this site and people like you...I hope one day I can offer some help to someone else. Thanks again.

Shawn
    toni.s. likes this.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Aren't we aiming for 72 hours here? I'm sorry, just don't want you to get started on the wrong foot. Does it have to be 72 hours & 26 on the COWS, or just one or the other? Please someone step in and give the correct instructions.
    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

Robert_325 is offline Retired

26 on the COWS worksheet!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen83 View Post
    Aren't we aiming for 72 hours here? I'm sorry, just don't want you to get started on the wrong foot. Does it have to be 72 hours & 26 on the COWS, or just one or the other? Please someone step in and give the correct instructions.
    I will help you with what I know from my own induction and taper if you would like? I recently inducted with Robert's help and guidance and can give you the directions as they were given to me. I have been clean now for 12 days. I was addicted for over 7 years from every drug out there, but my main drug of choice was narcotics.

Like Robert just replied you MUST be at a 26 on that cows sheet. It doesn't matter if it's 12 hours, 24 hours, or 72 hours. What really matters is that 26 score. And make certain that you don't take ANYTHING that would help you to feel better. Things like aspirin, motrin, tylenol, or ANYTHING that would deter your symptoms and help you feel better.

You will have to feel your worse before you can feel better! And like Nadia said, when you get to about a score of 20 or so your symptoms should begin to rise rapidly from that point on. And judge your symptoms accurately. Don't "fudge" on the score, make certain that it is an honest 26 or above!

Then when you do get there just make certain to follow the induction and taper plan according to what's written. And that is to get stable on the lowest effective dose. Begin with .50mg and wait a good hour to 2 hours and if that isn't enough then take another .50mg and wait the same length of time. Just follow the plan.

Hope this helps and I'll be around if you have more questions. Just know that you only have to do this ONE TIME if you do it right the FIRST TIME! Good luck and have a great day. And RELAX as best you can.

Hugs,
    Karen

p.s. And PLEASE stay on ONE thread only! It''s very confusing to everyone (me) if you have more than one thread going as you can get answers on all of them and it just gets a little confusing. Hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Desire View Post
    I will help you with what I know from my own induction and taper if you would like? I recently inducted with Robert's help and guidance and can give you the directions as they were given to me. I have been clean now for 12 days. I was addicted for over 7 years from every drug out there, but my main drug of choice was narcotics.

Like Robert just replied you MUST be at a 26 on that cows sheet. It doesn't matter if it's 12 hours, 24 hours, or 72 hours. What really matters is that 26 score. And make certain that you don't take ANYTHING that would help you to feel better. Things like aspirin, motrin, tylenol, or ANYTHING that would deter your symptoms and help you feel better.

You will have to feel your worse before you can feel better! And like Nadia said, when you get to about a score of 20 or so your symptoms should begin to rise rapidly from that point on. And judge your symptoms accurately. Don't "fudge" on the score, make certain that it is an honest 26 or above!

Then when you do get there just make certain to follow the induction and taper plan according to what's written. And that is to get stable on the lowest effective dose. Begin with .50mg and wait a good hour to 2 hours and if that isn't enough then take another .50mg and wait the same length of time. Just follow the plan.

Hope this helps and I'll be around if you have more questions. Just know that you only have to do this ONE TIME if you do it right the FIRST TIME! Good luck and have a great day. And RELAX as best you can.

Hugs,
    Karen

p.s. And PLEASE stay on ONE thread only! It''s very confusing to everyone (me) if you have more than one thread going as you can get answers on all of them and it just gets a little confusing. Hope you understand.
    Thank you....I will do it right...will check back in a awhile. It's been 22 hours now

Thank you....I will do it right...will check back in a awhile. It's been 22 hours now
    Your last report said you were at a score of 12. Where are you at right this moment? And again please make certain that you are at a score of 26 or ABOVE. You should be really feeling those symptoms as I was, but as soon as I took that 1st and then the 2nd dose of sub I was feeling great. Not high at all, just so much better with the withdrawal symptoms down to about nothing. Give us your current score when you get a minute please. Hang in there, you CAN really do this!

Hugs,
    Karen

And remember the amount of time you have been in withdrawals means nothing really.....it's that score of 26 or above that's imperative!

Thx Robert n Karen for popping in to help! Just a suggestion from seeing others who inducted on here, Post often in the beginning so they can monitor you n make sure you induct properly. It will help them in helping you. Like she said youve only gotta go through this once so hang in there! You can do it! you'll realize what an amazing place this is. Great ppl, support, etc. good luck...here rooting for ya. Take care, Crystal

Hi splitcane,

Something I just thought of....You said you had the 8mg film strips in your first post here. If you could cut them up into smaller mg's before your symptoms get too bad, or much worse, it would definitely be to your benefit.

It's easier to hold the strip with some tweezers others here say. I had the 8mg pills so not real sure about that, but worth a try I guess. And most use either a single edge razor blade or some very small scissors to cut them with.

If you have already cut them up then please disregard this post, but if not then cut a 8mg strip in half. Then in half again, and those pieces in half again. You will end up with (8) - 1mg pieces.

Then you can cut those tiny peices in half again and you will have (16) - .50mg pieces. Tthen you will need at some point in the induction, or for later on, to have even smaller pieces so cut a couple of those .50mg pieces in half and that will give you the .25mg pieces that you will be needing.

Like I said it's better to do it now before the symptoms get worse if they haven't already. Hope this helps and please post and give your score when you are able. Thank you and all the best.

Hugs,
    Karen

Good morning Karen, Crystal, Robert and anyone else who may be following my tale of oxy detox. I reached 26 on the COWS chart about 26-27 hours into withdrawal. My symptoms seemed to level off and stay in the 18 range for hours. I wasn't sure they would get any worse and I was praying they would. It felt so strange to be praying to get worse so I could get better. That was the worst 26-27hours I have ever spent. Couple that with the fear of taking the subs too early and the anxiety on top of it all was at times unbearable....seemingly anyaway but in the end I did bear with and I got thru it. I followed Robert's induction plan and stabilized at 3mg. In all honesty I probably could have done it with 2.5 or maybe even 2 but 3 is where I am. I plan to follow the rest of the plan and if all goes well will be done with these shortly. Once they kicked in I rapidy felt better. I was weak from not eating and puking and I was tired but I was rapidly getting better. By the time I went to sleep, I was sitting up in bed, having a bowl of soup, watching TV and telling my fiance how much I loved her for helping me thru this. She had no idea until I told her a few days ago and decided to detox. She knew I was in pain management etc but had no idea of how dependant and then addicted I had become to the little blue 30mg oxycodone tablets. One thing I do feel good about is the fact that I went thru it with a bottle of pills in the nightstand. I promised myself not to touch them and I didnt...this morning I flushed them. I honestly never touched them thru the whole ordeal because I knew it would put me back to square one and with each hour that went by, I was getting closer to my goal. Time certainly moves slow in situations like that but it does keep moving. I cannot thank you all enough. When I decided to put them down I searched all over the internet and spoke to everyone I could think of who might be able to offer advice. This site and the people here seemed to be the most informed and the most genuine. I am so glad I found you. I will keep providing updates for those interested and because this actually feels like a form of therapy for me. Thank you again. I feel like I am getting my life back and I am going to cancel my next pain management appointment.

Wow splitcane! I am so impressed! Let me say how refreshing it is to see someone follow the plan and do it on their own. I am so proud of you and you certainly should be proud of yourself. Great job, really great!

And to get stable at 3mg is awesome! Not bad at all my friend! As the plan says the induction is a 4-day process so if you need to "tweak" it within the 4 days that is what you should be doing. And if you remain stable for those 4 days then it will be time to reduce according to the taper plan you have read.

And flushing those pills was absolutely the "right thing" to do! All around one fine job! You're doing it! You're going to be completely clean in no time now! A few more weeks and done. I would suggest to keep following the plan just as you have. You know the drill.

So nice that you have your fiancé for support. That makes it even better. She has to be so happy with you right now? I'm sure that she is. Well congratulations again and you couldn't have done better. PLEASE keep posting and updating all of us. You will also want to look back at some point and see how far you've come and progressed. So the more you post the better it will be for you and for all of us here.

If you should inquire any problems just jump on here and ask for some help. Lots of experienced people here with the answers you will need. I am a beginner myself like I said, but did use the same plan and I am now clean for 13 wonderful days! You'll be there soon too! Take care my friend and talk to you again soon I'm sure.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Thank you so much for the support and words of encouragement. I am super emotional right now...it feels as though some sort of numbness has worn off and I am actually feeling real emotions in a way that I have been missing. Maybe that's all in my head but either way, it feels great. I am glad to hear that you are 13 days clean and feeling great..you are an inspiration. Big Hugs back! Thank you so much

Shawn
    Strong Desire likes this.

I almost forgot....BIG THANKS TO ROBERT for posting the induction and tapering plan. It is saving my life!

Thank you so much for the support and words of encouragement. I am super emotional right now...it feels as though some sort of numbness has worn off and I am actually feeling real emotions in a way that I have been missing. Maybe that's all in my head but either way, it feels great. I am glad to hear that you are 13 days clean and feeling great..you are an inspiration. Big Hugs back! Thank you so much

Shawn
    Hi Shawn,

You're very welcome! I know all about those emotions! If you have a chance to look at my thread in the Need to Talk section you can see where I was really struggling with my emotions shortly after my last sub dose. Went from laughing to crying, and then laughing and crying at almost the same time! Now that's hard to do! LOL. I would cry at car commercials! LOL.

But I was told by the others here that they would begin to settle down and they have now for the most part. Still have a few at times, but nothing like they were. We've been numbed by the drugs for so long and in basically a "fog" for most of our addicted lives. And when we begin to get clean that fog begins to lift and we see things in a different perspective. That's what they all told me about it anyway. Your just beginning your sub experience and you have those emotions going already. I didn't have those emotions until after my last dose of sub, so not certain why you're having them now?

So just try your best to deal with them and work through it. They will soon settle down as those with the most experience here were right about it. Are you going to be checking into some kind of support system. Like maybe NA, AA, or CR meetings? I highly recommend that you check out a meeting with a 12-step program. I actually really love those meetings. So many others with the same issues that you have had, and are going to have will be there. I'm sure there are some in your immediate area. Check one out and see what you think.

Take care my friend and again I'm very proud of you. You did a great job with the induction. Please keep posting some updates for us. Talk to you later and have a great weekend!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Just a quick update...waking up to day 3 of no oxy's and feeling good..on my way to church. Sticking to Robert's taper plan...so far so good....no ill effects at all. Keeping my fingers crossed...thank you all for the advice and support!

Shawn

Just a quick update...waking up to day 3 of no oxy's and feeling good..on my way to church. Sticking to Robert's taper plan...so far so good....no ill effects at all. Keeping my fingers crossed...thank you all for the advice and support!

Shawn
    Hey Shawn,

That is so nice to hear! So happy you are feeling good. Are you still taking the 3mg dose or did you need to tweak it a bit? I had to adjust my dose only one time during my induction and that was it. Then I began the taper and now clean for 2 weeks today in fact. Any idea when you may begin your taper? Certainly don't need to rush anything. This is no race and you only need to finish this is all. Proud of you Shawn!

Thanks so much for the update and please keep posting your progress. You can bet there are many others out there just reading along that haven't joined the forum. They need to read about your efforts and your continued progress as well. Take care and have a great Sunday.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hi Shawn, so happy you hung in there...I know the feeling of waiting to take subs, but u did it n at 3 mg, that's FANTASTIC!! Glad you came on here n inducted right - I just wanted to pop on here n say congrats! Great job, have a great night bud,
    Hugs,
    Crystal

Good Morning....so far so good. Going to begin tapering down tomorrow. I feel great and just want to get this over with but I will be patient and do it right. Lots of thanks to Crystal and Karen....your support is a big help. I hope someone else who may struggling with the decision to get off of the opiates gets some strength from what I've written here. It is a tough decision. Realizing that you are going to subject yourself to the pain of withdrawal is no fun. The fear of withdrawal is what kept me on them for so long. I just knew it had to be done. I faced the fact that it was eventually going to happen anyway. One way or another, so I decided I would rather have it happen on my terms as opposed to someone elses. It was the best decision I ever made. I know I am still in the honeymoon stage and have a long road of recovery but I feel damn good right now so I am going with it. Thanks everyone. I will update again on the tapering process soon.

Hey Shawn, sounds like you are doing great, n that's GREAT!! I'm very impatient myself so I totally get that u just want off everything NOW but if you taper down it will be much smoother n you'll be off everything in no time. Keep up posting, good or bad, it will be a great tool for you to look back n see all the progress you've made. N like you mentioned I think it's a great tool for others scared to go thru the wds to get on subs to see "yes I CAN do this too"...also try to go to a meeting during this time on subs so that you have the coping skills to deal with life without meds. NA, Celebrate Recovery, a chronic pain support group, etc can be helpful to you. Keep up the great work Shawn! So happy for you. Take care, chat soon,
    Crystal

Good Morning....so far so good. Going to begin tapering down tomorrow. I feel great and just want to get this over with but I will be patient and do it right. Lots of thanks to Crystal and Karen....your support is a big help. I hope someone else who may struggling with the decision to get off of the opiates gets some strength from what I've written here. It is a tough decision. Realizing that you are going to subject yourself to the pain of withdrawal is no fun. The fear of withdrawal is what kept me on them for so long. I just knew it had to be done. I faced the fact that it was eventually going to happen anyway. One way or another, so I decided I would rather have it happen on my terms as opposed to someone elses. It was the best decision I ever made. I know I am still in the honeymoon stage and have a long road of recovery but I feel damn good right now so I am going with it. Thanks everyone. I will update again on the tapering process soon.

I began the taper this morning......dropping by .5mg and splitting it between am & pm. So far so good. I have looked into a group called CDA...Chemical Dependents Anonymous. It's more my speed from what I can tell. NA in my area is full of very young people (teens and early 20s) hooked on things that I've never tried. I am a 45 year old corporate guy and when I went thru my experimental stage all those years ago, cocaine and weed was pretty much the order of the day. I sort of grew out of that I guess and for the last 20 or so years it's been the occassional drink until my car accident and the painkiller dilema. Anyway, this CDA group is primarily made up of people like me who ended up on the "legal" drugs and found out too late just how addictive they can be. I think my problem was/is more of a physical dependence than a mental one but I am not so naive as to believe that the mental part can't, didn't or won't happen to me...It's only been 5 days with no oxy but I'm not stupid..I know the subs are covering..... so only time and a taper to 0 will tell. If I start cravings or jonesing for a pill, I will RUN to a meeting but my plan, like everyone else's, is to just taper off the subs and start living my life. I live on the beach and have 5 kids between 14 and 6 years of age so there is plenty around me to keep me active...I just need to stay positive. I appreciate the advice and experience of the people here more than I can ever say. I will keep updating and if I can ever help anyone else, please let me know. Thank you again, Crystal, Karen, Robert, RxQueen, Cheekysod etc.....the info I found here is saving my life.

Hi Shawn,
    So what is your total dosage for the day? If you stabilized at 3, the 25% drop should have you at 2.25...

Glad you'll be attending some type of mtg...I know each of us is different and have different needs so at least you have something figured out. Sounds like you have a great family. They should be so proud of you!

You have the right mindset in that you need to stay positive, it really helps...also exercise will help to get those natural endorphins going...I've heard that exercise, a good healthy clean diet, and some vitamins can help u while tapering.

Glad to hear all is well, have a great day!

Crystal
    MP5 likes this.

Hi Shawn hows everything going? Hope all is well with ur sub taper - post an update when u have a chance. Take care bud,
    Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalclear651 View Post
    Hi Shawn hows everything going? Hope all is well with ur sub taper - post an update when u have a chance. Take care bud,
    Crystal
    Hey Shawn,

DITTO on Crystal's request. Give us an update when you get the chance please! Hope you are doing well on your program. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
    Karen
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

Hello everyone,

The taper has been going very well. I got a little aggressive and tried to drop by .5 but it wasn't "bad". I could just tell that sticking with the .25 is the way to go, so that's what I am doing. No cravings and I feel great. My appetite has come back full force. I remember sitting at my desk at work and if i got hungry but was busy, i would pop a 30 instead of going tp lunch....now I am eating 3 times a day....gonna try and keep it healthy. On a personal note, my sex life has gotten much better too. I am owing to stick to the plan and hopefully put these behind me very soon. Thanks to everyone for the advice and words of encouragement. This was the best thing I could have ever done. The Friday I decided to kick was the best and worst day of my life. It was the best because I was stepping towards an addiction free life and the worst because the withdrawals were ....well....terrible...but worth it. Thanks again everyone and please let me know how you are all doing.

Wow Shawn, I'm sooooo HAPPY to hear ur doing so well - really great news!!! Keep up the great work n let us know how ur doing with your ongoing taper. It's nice to hear ur progress. Have a great Sunday,
    Crystal

Hello everyone,
    The taper has been going very well. I got a little aggressive and tried to drop by .5 but it wasn't "bad". I could just tell that sticking with the .25 is the way to go, so that's what I am doing. No cravings and I feel great. My appetite has come back full force. I remember sitting at my desk at work and if i got hungry but was busy, i would pop a 30 instead of going tp lunch....now I am eating 3 times a day....gonna try and keep it healthy. On a personal note, my sex life has gotten much better too. I am owing to stick to the plan and hopefully put these behind me very soon. Thanks to everyone for the advice and words of encouragement. This was the best thing I could have ever done. The Friday I decided to kick was the best and worst day of my life. It was the best because I was stepping towards an addiction free life and the worst because the withdrawals were ....well....terrible...but worth it. Thanks again everyone and please let me know how you are all doing.

Hello everyone,

Way to go Shawn! Proud of you my friend. Sounds like your life has definitely made the turn for the better. Keep up the great work and keep that positive thinking going. That means so much as you continue to taper. I'm so happy for you. Can't wait until your next update for us. Take care and again, great job!

Hugs,
    Karen
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to check in and say that things in my world are going great. I have continued the taper regimen posted by Robert and have not experienced any problems at all. I got a little agressive and tried to drop by more than .25 but quickly learned that patience is the key. I am hoping to be free and clear of the subs in the near future. I do have one question though. I was scheduled for an MRI (unrelated matter) earlier in the week. For some reason it really seemed to mess with my head..that has never happened before but damn if I wanted to lay in the machine for 45 minutes....again, I've had several of them over the years and it's never been an anxiety issue....anxiety is new to me. The tech suggested that I call my Doc and have him write me a few ativans or xanax.......he gave me 4 .5mg Ativans (lorazepam) but he's not aware of my oxy detox / sub therapy because I am doing it "off the grid" .......my MRI is scheduled for this afternoon, is it safe for me to take 1 or 2 of these to calm me enough to get thru the MRI?...will there be any sort of adverse reaction to the suboxone?...I am not on much of the sub..less than 1mg 2x per day I have virtually no experience with benzos so I wanted to ask before mixing the two. Other than that, my world is great. I hope everyone else is doing well. Talk soon.

Shawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast