Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes
Help! suboxone and dilaudid trouble
    kellennn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by soundboy1 View Post
    So Robert thanks for the support. I'm glad someone out there cares it really means a lot. I didn't tell my wife about the suboxone treatment because she barely knows about the oxy's and dilaudid... So of course she found my script and is understandably upset. Her brother is into >>>>>> pretty bad and she freaked when she saw the bottle. He had been on it before to no effect... So she is somewhat happy that I am attempting to get clean but overall is not very happy with me. So we have some issues right now. She's also really pissed at my dr's and is very confused how they could prescribe it to me when I wasn't in full withdrawal or high when I went to the Dr. Do you think the dr holds any fault in this? I mean obviously I'm the user so it's my fault but the dr. carries no fault? What's your take on that?
    More than just Robert cares. More than just "someone." A lot of people that read these forums never even post - I'd say these forums have, maybe, the highest troll to poster ratio i've ever seen. Most people just never make accounts. I promise there's a lot of people out there rooting for you, that simply will never let you know, because they don't have accounts.

I, on the other hand, do have an account, and I'm here to let you know I'm pulling for you! Stay strong my friend. Don't let those crooked doctors get you too down. I owe them nearly 1,000 dollars at this very moment. But I'm not bitter, just happy to have escaped my crippling opiate addiction. I wish you only the best, always!
    Ashleyy and gunnawin like this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

soundboy ..... Sure in a lot of situations the drs play a huge part in causing patients to become addicted to opiates. At the same time we have to own our part in it too. When I was at my worst I would have taken all the meds the dr would give me, no matter what they were, as long as they were mind-altering. Granted, the drs shouldn't have prescribed all they did, but I was guilty too. Few people care much about addicts or will come to their defense. We have to use some common sense when things are obviously appearing to not be right! If we really look at the situation we should realize when things are getting totally out of control. But that is why they call it addiction. It's a tough thing for an addict to see. God bless.
    Ashleyy likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

raven4141 is offline New Member

Soundboy - I struggle with blaming my doctor as well. Is it his fault or mine?

In my situation, I knew exactly what to tell them. I knew to tell them that my meds were not effective anymore so that I would get more so that I had extra meds to play with above what I needed for the physical pain. I knew that some people needed to change their fentanyl patches every 48 hours instead of 72 hours so I told them I was having sweats and headaches that third day and boom...my script was changed to 48 hours. Did I change them every 48 hours? Nope. I just had 5 extra patches to "play" with that month. So there is where I take the blame upon myself. They did their job and had me sign a contract that I knew what I was doing and that I was being honest.

NOW...at the same time, I believe that my treatment was inappropriate for my age and medical condition. I have mild to moderate daily pain. I went from a few vicodin a day to Oxycontin and then Fentanyl and Oxycodone for BT pain on top of that within a year and a half. I am a 33 year old female. At some point I believe they should have told me NO regardless of what I was telling them. I got EVERYTHING I ever asked for. Additionally, after my most recent surgery I received over 600 pills total a month (very very strong pills) to take and when I asked to wean was repeatedly told it was "too soon".

Again...I was the one who snorted them and took them other than as prescribed. But I never ever had to obtain a single pill off the street or from a friend not once and in the end was snorting 30-15mg oxy's a day....from a DOCTOR. Pretty hard not to place some blame there.

My "doctor" is the president of the board of pain management physicians in my state. He is not some strip mall shady guy. That made it even worse in that I trusted him and thought, "well if HE thinks it's ok then it must be appropriate and I must NEED this."

I don't mean to hyjack your thread. I just wanted to share with you and let you know that there are other doctors out there that I feel are way irresponsible when it comes to prescibing this stuff and it makes me scared to take an rx for subutex from the same "doctor".

Also, I feel for you in regards to your family. That must be extremely challenging and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Ashleyy is offline Member

soundboy I had posted a while back when you posted about your mother's passing. I do not know why it did not show up. However... what I wanted to say (that did not appear) was that you have been in my prayers... and that I look up to you so much for all you have been through and how far you have gotten through thick or thin!! You are truly amazing for being so strong through such a hard time! Staying on your low dose and wanting the best for yourself... and seeing what is best for you through all the darkness

We are all rooting for you, always remember that.

11 is my favorite and lucky number. It's on my son's soccer jersey ... I make wishes at 11:11 ... and always choose the number 11 if given a choice. I use to say to myself I was going to get married November 11, 2011. Well, didn't happen... but it actually ended up being one of the best days of my life, lol.

Anyways... I take klonopin as well. It helps me sleep at night. When I am in withdraw it does not seem to touch it. I had to stay off Methadone for 5.5 days before I was inducted with Suboxone. It was a nightmare to say the least. But, about the klonopin... I feel that it does greatly reduce the anxiety during withdraw- like you've stated. It helps relax the constant worrying we can do when we are in withdraw and help calm the mind.

Just checking in on you... I have been reading your posts. Let us know how everything is going
    dsac6060 likes this.
    Ashley

dsac6060 is offline Member

11 is my favorite number, its my birthdate and also my baseball number!!!
    Ashleyy likes this.
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

soundboy1 is offline Member

WOW! Thanks everyone. The quote at the top of this page was definitely from the middle or so of this thread. I do think the pharma company should be training their doctors better. I work for big Pharma sometimes doing conferences where they introduce drugs to the world and to their doctors that they pay to prescribe them( yes that totally happens). This was totally my fault. I mean the Dr. didn't call me right? No I know it's not his fault. I do think that he was not trained correctly and the FDA needs more oversight of this potential wonder drug. It really is great for the right people and when applied right. When applied wrong it can really put you under!

Today I tapered to .15 mgs. using the liquid method. I know I can probably jump whenever but with all that's gone on I am going to take it as easy on myself as I possibly can.
    My personal inspiration comes from people who overcome severe handicaps to achieve the seemingly impossible. The guy with no arms and legs who's a running back. The guy from 127 hours. Things like that. I just have to deal with my family and life!

11 is just this shiiz--nisthh! :P
    soundboy1 likes this.
    Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by raven4141 View Post
    Soundboy - I struggle with blaming my doctor as well. Is it his fault or mine?

In my situation, I knew exactly what to tell them. I knew to tell them that my meds were not effective anymore so that I would get more so that I had extra meds to play with above what I needed for the physical pain. I knew that some people needed to change their fentanyl patches every 48 hours instead of 72 hours so I told them I was having sweats and headaches that third day and boom...my script was changed to 48 hours. Did I change them every 48 hours? Nope. I just had 5 extra patches to "play" with that month. So there is where I take the blame upon myself. They did their job and had me sign a contract that I knew what I was doing and that I was being honest.

NOW...at the same time, I believe that my treatment was inappropriate for my age and medical condition. I have mild to moderate daily pain. I went from a few vicodin a day to Oxycontin and then Fentanyl and Oxycodone for BT pain on top of that within a year and a half. I am a 33 year old female. At some point I believe they should have told me NO regardless of what I was telling them. I got EVERYTHING I ever asked for. Additionally, after my most recent surgery I received over 600 pills total a month (very very strong pills) to take and when I asked to wean was repeatedly told it was "too soon".

Again...I was the one who snorted them and took them other than as prescribed. But I never ever had to obtain a single pill off the street or from a friend not once and in the end was snorting 30-15mg oxy's a day....from a DOCTOR. Pretty hard not to place some blame there.

My "doctor" is the president of the board of pain management physicians in my state. He is not some strip mall shady guy. That made it even worse in that I trusted him and thought, "well if HE thinks it's ok then it must be appropriate and I must NEED this."

I don't mean to hyjack your thread. I just wanted to share with you and let you know that there are other doctors out there that I feel are way irresponsible when it comes to prescibing this stuff and it makes me scared to take an rx for subutex from the same "doctor".

Also, I feel for you in regards to your family. That must be extremely challenging and I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Wow I just digested that for the first time. Yeah there are problems with the system, Because in the end addiction is also a medical condition. I just think the doctors need to be trained better. They have to undergo classes called continuing medical education. Opiate addiction should be a required course. It would save everyone a lot of trouble(Except Big Pharma's bottom line)Suboxone could probably help you a lot. I think though that Robert's help in inducting you is more helpful than most doctors. I have heard too many stories of people being inducted at way too high a dose....
    Last edited by soundboy1; 04-02-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: adding

tomorrow will be my 4th day at .15. I'm not even sure if I am getting any meds. I think at this point it's completely in my head. But doesn't that describe addiction in general? I know with my mom I used to get so upset that she couldn't get sober. But I do believe in my heart that is wasn't on purpose. She got hooked on drugs. Drugs which years earlier she despised.But once you start taking something and it disappears it's very disconcerting. Hence ther reason I am taking a nearly nonexistent dose. Had a fantastic day today career wise. I will be able to pick and choose my schedule starting next week. Which is great. I also will be working for the local union for some shows in coney island this summer. I'm psyched.
    dsac6060 likes this.

tomorrow will be my 4th day at .15. I'm not even sure if I am getting any meds. I think at this point it's completely in my head. But doesn't that describe addiction in general? I know with my mom I used to get so upset that she couldn't get sober. But I do believe in my heart that is wasn't on purpose. She got hooked on drugs. Drugs which years earlier she despised.But once you start taking something and it disappears it's very disconcerting. Hence ther reason I am taking a nearly nonexistent dose. Had a fantastic day today career wise. I will be able to pick and choose my schedule starting next week. Which is great. I also will be working for the local union for some shows in coney island this summer. I'm psyched.
    Nice, im from jersey. Lol, .15 mg will still give you a feeling and some relief. I jumped after one day of .25mg. Im not almost three weeks clean my friend!!!!! No its not on purpose at all. Our body gets so accustomed to taking something, that if we do not we get SICK! Its disgusting, i hated it. I can wake up every single day and not worry about taking a pill or cutting up my suboxone and putting that gross piece of film under my tongue. I despised that orange taste, yuck!!!

Thats awesome for you!!!! I got laid off one week after I jumped, so it was good and bad hahaha. Keep after it soundboy, you are so close. Do it
    Last edited by ddcmod; 04-08-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    soundboy1 and gunnawin like this.

Ok so I am going to explain how I feel I guess i'm an interesting case study for someone who has a hard time jumping. My big problem is I'm afraid that I'm going to be really really sick. I stay at home with my baby and work 30-40 hours a week as well. I really don't have time to be nauseous. So I'm tapering at an incredibly slow rate. I am now on my 7th day at .15. When I first taper I feel fine for the first 3 days or so. then I get mild nausea for at least 5 days. It's not constant but it's there. So I have decided to stay at the dose until I feel no nausea. Sometimes it takes ten days. At this point I don't care. I am going to go to .1 on Monday depending on how I feel tomorrow. Then a week ten days later I am going to .05 mgs. After that it gets tricky. but I am going to go as close as I can to 0 and then jump. Last time I tried to jump my mom died the next day so that has contributed to my long taper. I will let y'all know how it goes even if I relapse... I appreciate the support I have received from this board. In rehab they say group is the only thing that can really help addicts. I consider this my group. I don't like being around complete strangers IRL that I may see later on at work or something y'know. I'm a private person but I have a lot on my mind that I need to get out... If anyone wants to know about me I have a blog where I talk about my nondrugged life...

SuzieOf is offline Member

I am like you too about jumping and in fact I think most people are. You are doing great and it is important to listen to your body like you are doing because everyone is different. It makes total sense to me to wait until the nausea is gone and to taper to 0. I hope to do the same thing. I am currently at .50 for the last 2 days and not feeling completely stable at all. I'm hoping that in the next couple of days the uncomfortable symptoms will disappear and then I will reduce by 25%. Wish I had strips or liquid as crushing the pills and then eyeballing the piles feels inaccurate and not good for my anxiety, lol. Today I had a headache after I too my dose and I never get headaches. Keep up the good work. I look forward to being on your dose!!!

[QUOTE=SuzieOf;359447]I am like you too about jumping and in fact I think most people are. You are doing great and it is important to listen to your body like you are doing because everyone is different. It makes total sense to me to wait until the nausea is gone and to taper to 0. I hope to do the same thing. I am currently at .50 for the last 2 days and not feeling completely stable at all. I'm hoping that in the next couple of days the uncomfortable symptoms will disappear and then I will reduce by 25%. Wish I had strips or liquid as crushing the pills and then eyeballing the piles feels inaccurate and not good for my anxiety, lol. Today I had a headache after I too my dose and I never get headaches. Keep up the good work. I look forward to being on your dose!!! [/QUOTE

Regarding the liquid I do it myself! I have 8mg pills of which I have had a script since october. I still have half of it! Anyway heres how you do it. Buy a pill crusher and a medication syringe at a pharmacy. Take whatever mg pill you have and crush it. Then add a 1 to1 ratio of water to the crushed pills. To get as low as I did I do a 4:1 ratio of water to pills. That allows me to measure down to .05 that's 5 hundreths of a mg! it has worked so much better than just guessing with piles of powder or breaking off pieces of pills... Read this whole post and I go through my whole process... Good luck!

So I went to .1 today. Is this doing anything? I have no idea. But I have felt mild nausea since about 4 days at .15 so I just went to the .1 Silly I know. Am I just feeding my addict side? I can't tell. i'm definitely not getting high off of it though. It doesn't do that anymore. I'm just afraid I will jump and be really really sick. I messed a dosage up in January and I was so incapacitated I couldn't move. I just laid on the floor moaning. It lasted like 8 hours. I don't want that again. I'm a wimp. Well that's my status update. I hope everyone is well.

2nd day on .1. It's becoming clear to me that I am stringing myself along here. I will continue to taper but I am going to have to stop at some point...

Robert_325 is offline Retired

2nd day on .1. It's becoming clear to me that I am stringing myself along here. I will continue to taper but I am going to have to stop at some point...

soundboy ..... after a few days at this dose you should either do the day skipping or jump off. You're down to nothing, it's time to make a move. Just my humble opinion, you are there, buddy! God bless.
    dsac6060 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

soundboy You are doing so good!! What a tiny dose!

I agree with Robert. You can start skipping days and see how it goes. I bet you'll be surprised that you'll be fine, especially since you are at such a low low dose.

Keep up the great work ((pat on the back))!
    soundboy1 likes this.
    Ashley

Thanks guys! I have been very busy with work and I work freelance so there is no such thing as a day off.....But. Still at .1 because i'm afraid of wd's at work or around the baby... i feel really stable so i will start skipping. Today is the first day of the rest of my life! THANK YOU EVERYONE.

didn't go quite as smooth as I hoped but I am just about done. I am on 96 hours of no subs. I have been taking clonopin to deal with my stomach because it seems more like an anxious stomach than true nausea. it seems to work. I am hoping I don't take anymore but I have not made it more than 96 hours since I posted last time. Still working on it!

You're awesome. Stick it out. I'm over 45 days clean from subs. Trust me it sucked but was way easier than CT from pills. If u at 4 days your so close trust me. Symptoms will dissipate, sleep will take a while but all the bad stuff should go away shortly. DO NOT take klonopin for more than 7-10 days or you'll start another addiction. N benzo are harder WD than sub lol.

Congrats to sobriety

I am clean! It took way longer than I wanted... I would go a week and then give in. Finally I told my wife to just flush the rest of the subs. That was probably the hardest part. it's been 3 weeks now and I feel pretty good. Mentally not so much but I was taking painkillers to kill the pain in my heart and brain.(and I'm a drug addict) So all these things I just forgot about (many deaths in a short time) are reappearing in my thoughts. I'm quite sad a lot of the time but my daughter helps me deal with that. One other issue is I get very easily frustrated with just about any situation. And sometimes the baby sees that and I REALLY don't want that. I don't want to be like that but I don't know how it can be helped. My dr said that withdrawal from subs is going to take up to 6 months. I believe it. The physical wd's seem to be gone and that only lasted a few days. Oh and I'm not sure if this is the depression or what but I feel like sleeping 24/7. I could sleep 16 hours a day it feels like... Anyway thank god for this board. I shudder to think where I would be without the help I received here. THANK YOU ALL I will check in every once in awhile but I've found now that I'm clean reading about this stuff is no fun at all.... Happy and healthy 4th of July all!

Kdeorio0324 is offline New Member

I know you got your job (congrats!!) so you passed the drug screen? I wasn't able to read any posts if anyone answered you. Suboxone doesn't come up in urine tests (as far as I know). I'm almost positive it is excreted through fecal matter. I've taken countless urine drug tests (greater than 5 panels) while taking 8mg of suboxone and it does not show up. These drug tests were all for very large pharmaceutical &/or medical device companies. I also worked for a company that makes oral drug tests and I formulated the components that went into the device (doesn't detect suboxone). As for the benzos, they will come up in nearly all drug screens (possibly not a 5 panel). Your doctor also should have warned you about taking suboxone with any benzos, due to drug interactions. Because you are on a weaker benzo and a lower dose, you were lucky to avoid the syncope (random fainting). I'm on a very very high dose of Xanax and I have drug interactions with the suboxone at times. Every urine test I took came up positive for benzos (they take a little bit longer than pain killers to clear the system, but before you are clean you may be withdrawling). Congrats on getting clean and good luck on getting off the benzos (I'd consider staying on them for panic attacks, they are very effective).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123