Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Help Robert!
    Kristin13 is offline Member

Default Help Robert!

Hello there....first time poster and about to start my sub treatment. I would appreciate any input you have to help me out as I do not want to be taking more than I need....and it seems this doctor gave me way more than I need. A little background....I've been addicted to percocets for about 2 years. The past few months I have been taking up to 100 mg a day (when I have them). I JUST took my last pill. I plan on starting on the sub Sunday (it's 12:30 a.m. Friday night right now). Does that seem like a safe amount of time to wait before starting the sub?? Also, my doctor instructed me to take two 8mg pills a day. I have a 30 day supply, so.....that makes sixty 8mg pills total. Thank you so much for any guidance you can give me.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin13 View Post
    Hello there....first time poster and about to start my sub treatment. I would appreciate any input you have to help me out as I do not want to be taking more than I need....and it seems this doctor gave me way more than I need. A little background....I've been addicted to percocets for about 2 years. The past few months I have been taking up to 100 mg a day (when I have them). I JUST took my last pill. I plan on starting on the sub Sunday (it's 12:30 a.m. Friday night right now). Does that seem like a safe amount of time to wait before starting the sub?? Also, my doctor instructed me to take two 8mg pills a day. I have a 30 day supply, so.....that makes sixty 8mg pills total. Thank you so much for any guidance you can give me.

Kristin ..... I'll be happy to help you. If you already have your meds, 60 8mg subs, I would like to induct you myself so you get off on the right foot. Here is a link to how I do this sub therapy including the induction. You have enough meds where you never have to go back to the sub dr again. I can have you totally clean before those sixty 8mg doses are used so that is good you have enough meds. Read the following link closely and pay close attention to the INDUCTION section. Notice the link to the COWS (clinincal opioid w/d scale) worksheet within the INDUCTION section. You need to be scoring a 26 on that worksheet before we begin the induction whatever time you reach that score. Let me know if you want to do this after reading the link. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Kristin ..... I'll be happy to help you. If you already have your meds, 60 8mg subs, I would like to induct you myself so you get off on the right foot. Here is a link to how I do this sub therapy including the induction. You have enough meds where you never have to go back to the sub dr again. I can have you totally clean before those sixty 8mg doses are used so that is good you have enough meds. Read the following link closely and pay close attention to the INDUCTION section. Notice the link to the COWS (clinincal opioid w/d scale) worksheet within the INDUCTION section. You need to be scoring a 26 on that worksheet before we begin the induction whatever time you reach that score. Let me know if you want to do this after reading the link. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    Thank you, Robert! Based on past experience I should be at a 26 tomorrow....hopefully....I really do not want to wait. I'm already anxious just thinking about starting to go through wd. I was a little confused about the first four days.....and how much to take so I'm going back to re-read again.

Also wondering about how to make sure I'll be getting the correct mg dosage when breaking up the pill....

Sorry for all the messages....I experimented by breaking up a pill. Again, my pills are 8 mg. I cut them into 4 equal pieces....so now I have four 2 mg pieces. It becomes very difficult at this point to break them any smaller keeping the pieces equal which worries me when starting the first day of induction.

Sorry for all the messages....I experimented by breaking up a pill. Again, my pills are 8 mg. I cut them into 4 equal pieces....so now I have four 2 mg pieces. It becomes very difficult at this point to break them any smaller keeping the pieces equal which worries me when starting the first day of induction.

I'll explain how to dose properly, don't worry it's simple. I go to church in the morning and If you want me to induct you after church I will be doing three inductions tomorrow afternoon. So you may as well join in the party! I always have room for one more!

This is the most important part kristen. I am not on an ego trip but I can induct you better than any dr around. I guarantee that if you do as I say this will make all the difference for you. But you have to be at a 26 on that COWS worksheet no matter what we plan in advance. That is what will allow me to make you successful. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you so much Robert I truly appreciate this from the bottom of my hear. Starting to feel the wds already. Not sure I'll be at a 26 tomorrow or not....we shall see. Maybe Monday, but I'll be on tomorrow afternoon to touch base. Thank you again!
    Robert_325 likes this.

where will I be able to see your induction? I'm still not at a 26 today. I'm not quite sure what's going on here.....I'm usually feeling like hell by now. I've had some aches, sweats, stomach cramps, but nothing putting me at a 26....I'm at around a 9. Ugh, I NEVER wanted to get sick and now that I want to it's taking too long. I was planning on going to work tomorrow but it looks like I'll be calling out. UGH!

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Cheeky!

Kristen .... I am back! Let me know how you're doing. Want to do this induction properly. God bless.
    ''
    Kristin13 likes this.

Hey Robert! I'm still feeling ok....I'm at a 12 right now. Maybe tomorrow will bring a 26. I read the induction about 7 times so far.....I think I know what to do. I'm guessing I'll only need to start off on about 2 mg a day.....I'm anxious to get this started! I want to get off the couch. I need my energy level back up.
    Last edited by Kristin13; 03-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Hey Robert! I'm still feeling ok....I'm at a 12 right now. Maybe tomorrow will bring a 26. I read the induction about 7 times so far.....I think I know what to do. I'm guessing I'll only need to start off on about 2 mg a day.....I'm anxious to get this started! I want to get off the couch. I need my energy level back up.

If you're a bonafide 12 now you could be a 26 later today in the evening. keep me posted. I bet that I can induct you at less than 2mg. Let me help you when you're ready. It's your call. God bless.

You give me so much hope Robert! So....say I'm at a 26 later tonight....is that when I should start with the .5 mg???

You give me so much hope Robert! So....say I'm at a 26 later tonight....is that when I should start with the .5 mg???

Yes but it's a critical factor timing the doses properly to reach the lowest effective dose. It's not that I'm just hungering to do more inductions, it's just that I've done so many I can induct you better probably than any dr on the planet. Then you get to a point where you need to switch to .25mg doses rather than .5mg and it's very important to do that at the right time, again to reach the lowest effective dose. And that is what you want to be at. Let me know if you want me to do it. God bless!

After reading all I have read I trust you completely Robert and I would very much like for you to induct me. I wouldn't have it any other way!

I think I'm going to wait until the morning even if I'm ready tonight. I want to give myself the entire day to work with this....I'm feeling worse as I type this so I'm sure I'll be ready in the morning....so....I guess I'll just follow your instructions on that induction section?? Do I wait 2 hours before my next dose or do I wait to see how I feel???

I think I'm going to wait until the morning even if I'm ready tonight. I want to give myself the entire day to work with this....I'm feeling worse as I type this so I'm sure I'll be ready in the morning....so....I guess I'll just follow your instructions on that induction section?? Do I wait 2 hours before my next dose or do I wait to see how I feel???

Kristen ....... GOOD!!!! I was SOOO hoping to hear that. I've been up two days on here all night and helping people on facebook and emails and I'm about to drop over! The 26 is a minimum score. The higher you are the easier I can induct you at a lower dose. So I will check on you first thing in the morning and hopefully you'll be ready! I will be here! Take care and God bless.

Awesome, thank you Robert! Would email or facebook be easier for me to reach you??

Awesome, thank you Robert! Would email or facebook be easier for me to reach you??

It's really best right here. I use all the posts and replies as notes to refer back to. With as many people as I work with I couldn't do it all by memory on facebook or email. I just do a few there where there are personal things happening that don't need to be on the forum for the benefit of the individual person. But I do most all these right here so others can see what is happening for everyone's benefit. This does the most good for the most people and it's the easiest for me. Take care, will talk in the morning. God bless.

Ok, you got it, I'll be here late morning. I'm on the east coast....not sure if our mornings are at the same time. haha.

Ok, you got it, I'll be here late morning. I'm on the east coast....not sure if our mornings are at the same time. haha.

I am Central time in Texas. Talk in the morning. God bless.

Kristen .... post to me when you are up! God bless.

Hello Robert! I just got up AND..............I'm further down on the scale today than I was Saturday and yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this make any sense at all???? Is it possible I went through a super mild wd and it's over??? I feel so good I even walked to the store before posting this....energy level is still low...no sweats last night....stomach is very mildly upset.....I'm so confused!!!!

Hello Robert! I just got up AND..............I'm further down on the scale today than I was Saturday and yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this make any sense at all???? Is it possible I went through a super mild wd and it's over??? I feel so good I even walked to the store before posting this....energy level is still low...no sweats last night....stomach is very mildly upset.....I'm so confused!!!!

It happens but don't count yourself that lucky yet. Keep me posted later in the day and we'll hope for the best but be prepared for whatever may happen. God bless.

Ok, I'll keep you posted....I can't get over how good I feel today....So glad I didn't start the subs too soon (all thanks to you)....I may not even need them!!
    Robert_325 likes this.

To be perfectly honest I never made it to a 26 ever....I would always just get more before serious wd started.....so....I suppose it's possible that I wasn't as addicted as I thought. I dreaded the horrors of what were to come....I'm approaching my 60th hour of no percocets and I'm feeling pretty darn good. I know that later on or tomorrow may bring a different story but I'm keeping some faith that this was all in my head....I think half the time I made myself sick with anxiety.....what a horrible drug.

dsac6060 is offline Member

Well you are lucky, keep rolling with it girl
    Kristin13 likes this.
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

awww thanks dsac! I read your post in another forum....your dr started you at 8 mg a day?? Mine started me at 16 mg a day!!! Thankfully I found Robert before even starting the therapy. Waiting for a 26 on the cows sheet may have proven that I don't even need the suboxone. BUT......I know I'm still not out of the clear yet. I'm thinking if I pass hour 72 without getting sick, I may just be in the clear. We shall see.

dsac6060 is offline Member

I agree, if you do get passed that point, im telling you just stick with it. You do not want to take sub unless you absolutely have to. I regret it
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

awww thanks dsac! I read your post in another forum....your dr started you at 8 mg a day?? Mine started me at 16 mg a day!!! Thankfully I found Robert before even starting the therapy. Waiting for a 26 on the cows sheet may have proven that I don't even need the suboxone. BUT......I know I'm still not out of the clear yet. I'm thinking if I pass hour 72 without getting sick, I may just be in the clear. We shall see.

Kristen ...... I agree with you that the 72 time frame is a good, solid indicator for you. If you make it three days without hitting a 26 there is NO WAY that I would take even one sub!

This just backs up what I say about overzealous sub drs giving people who don't really even need subs 16mg a day or more. That is another reason I ask everyone to wait for that critical 26 number on the COWS worksheet. Not only does it help to prevent patients experiencing precipitated w/d, lots of people never get to a 26! Those people are almost past the worst of w/d by three days clean and there is no reason to take anything. So the 26 number has multiple uses in this deal.

I personally don't think you're going to make it to 26 with what my experience tells me. You weren't taking 25 pills a day for years, you weren't on oxycontin or some of the really serious drugs, I wouldn't have prescribed subs for you personally to begin with. So without saying that in the beginning, as you might have taken my comments the wrong way, now I can say what I think and you will pay closer attention. That is good! I think you are going to luck out on this deal and never need sub number one. But we shall see and make a call after 72 hours. God bless.
    Kristin13 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast