Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Comeback Kid
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By Sunny mom
freaking out about suboxin and possible withdrawals? help!
    emmy7147 is offline New Member

Default freaking out about suboxin and possible withdrawals? help!

hey there...hoping for some input or advice here...im a 27 yr old female and i was taking between 5-10 norcos a day for maybe a little over a year everyday basically. i was sick of feeling tired and having no energy and i wanted to put a stop to it for good. a friend of mine had some suboxen from his doctor and he was not taking them but had reccommended i try. he told me what to do and how to take it. he told me i could not take a sub within 24 hrs of using norcs/vics or >> get sick. so i tried it a few times but decided to go back to norcos. i did this for a few days...take a sub one day and take norcos the next and so on and so forth...probably for 3-4 days. then i told myself i needed a doctors help. so i called my insurance and found a doctor in my area. he seemed like...he didnt rly listen to me, i felt like he wanted me out and needed to leave for the day....anyways i explained what i was doing and my situation. i told him a friend gave me a few subs to try but still was using the norcos. i told him i had withdrawals from not doing norcos on the days i didnt do them but i definitely was not in any full blow withdrawals and from what i see on these boards you should have full blown withdrawl symptoms?? so without hesitation he tells me to do a week of these films strips, 1 per day under the tongue. u know the drill. he wrote a script and i left. the first couple days i was sick and nauseas and had to leave work. i was crying and was a total mess. had bad headaches every morning that went away in a couple hrs but still annoying. horrible constipation too sorry thats probably TMI. it was a rough 3 or 4 days but then it got better. i ate some food when i felt i may be nauseas and took some advil for headaches and tried to get a lot of sleep. thats another thing all i wanted was SLEEP the first few days. my dad asked if something was seriously wrong with me. i dont need him knowing anything. but now im good for NOW. heres the problem....im looking at these forums and seeing a lot of things and now im thinking maybe this doc just gave me this script not knowing and not caring and im in for even worse withdrawals. i went in for a 1 week check up today. he told me to keep it up and do the strips for another month and come back in and he will "wean" me off and go from there....now im freaking out maybe im just reading too many dang forums and scaring myself but it sure seems like these sub withdrawals can be HELL. i have a great job and cant afford to lose it i cant be having weeks of withdrawals calling in sick everyday! ugh. so scared. so should i just wean my self off now? or do i listen to this doc who seems like he doesnt have a damn clue?? is it a miracle drug like some say or am i gonna regret this? :\ im picking up my 30 day supply tomorrow ...if anyone has any ideas or comments pls help >> appreciate anything! thank u!

Comeback Kid is online now Senior Member

You should have never been offered or given by the doctor suboxone to combat a 5-10 norco a day habit. That is complete overkill. And by one strip im sure you mean 8mg daily. You are entirely over medicated on the subs. This is why you are tired all the time and have so many side effects. You need to look up Robert325's taper plan and the COWS worksheet and go from there. Good luck.
    Robert_325 likes this.
    Hi my name is Adam, i'm an addict
    "Do you have another day 1 in you?"
    “If I can't win what sense does it make to fight?” -Father Martin on Step 1
    Clean as of 05.30.2014 (4:00pm)

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Emmy .... CK is totally correct. Lots of these sub drs will give it to anyone if they have money. You could be totally clean in a week if you wanted to do it badly enough. You could >>>> being sick and your life would go on, no one would know the difference.And if you really got the flu or whatever and were down a week you might inconvenience your employer but no one would know the difference. Life would go on while your getting your true self back in control. Plus you'll have nothing in your medical records about needing a medication for opiate dependency.

You could also use the Thomas Recipe, which is my suggestion. Lots of people have gotten clean here on that process. Here is a link for you for the Thomas Recipe. I agree though that subs is an overkill for what you've been doing. You just need a little help. Hopes that this gives you the hope and ultimately the peace you are seeking being totally clean again. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    Comeback Kid likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Wesfree315 is offline New Member

Suboxone is good if you use it properly, It seems like most people in here are anti doctor and subs. Like seriously people really beleive they have more knowledge then a doctor who is specifically trained for Suboxone programs. It makes me sick, people saying doctors over medicate this and that. These people are just trying to make an impression on someone elses life for a void in their own. It is truly crazy. You will never get any good advice on a forum, half these people sit here and bash your ideas and are so stuck on themselves they think they know the exact formula to cure someone else. I guarantee half the people who say they're clean aren't and still use daily. It doesn't matter if it's suboxone, >>>>>>, or any other opiate. Once an addict always an addict. It's a disease. Not something that can be treated with another drug. I realized this when I asked a question about my dosing of suboxone and instantly got accused of wanting someone to tell me I should be on more of a dose. I obviously don't care if someone tells me that I was just curious as to why I wasn't having success. I now know that these forums are all a bunch of people who want to make you feel li9ke ???? so they can try and take control of your life over the internet. These taper posts and threads are all bs. If someone wants to get off a drug they will do it, The taper threads don't have anything to do with it lol. It's just a mental thing. I stopped doing >>>>>> cold turkey without anything and had a really bad habit. I just stopped. Three years later I found myself using again, This time not >>>>>>, But prescripition pills. Then they weren't getting me high so I went back to dope. I'm sure I could once again quit and if I wanted to just put an end to it for the rest of my life. But... I do enjoy getting hihg. I am trying the suboxone program right now. I am going to figure this out and see how it works for me, There isn't two people in the world Suboxone works the same for. It's a weird medicine. If you want to get clean you can do it. I'm sure at some point down the road you will either contemplate using again or will use again but it's life. There isn't any point in being stressed out over it. You're going to die no matter what, maybe suboxone will prolong your life. Maybe not. Who knows. There isn't too much anyone can say about a drug that has only been out for 15 years. NOBODY KNOWS THE LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS OF SUBOXONE. Not even drs. It's all bs

Wesfree315 is offline New Member

And BTW strips don't just come in 8MG they also come in 2MG which is the dose mostly used for people recovering from pills habits, Such as 5-10 norcos a day... DUH

Sunny mom is offline Member

Lol...yes, that's it...posters wanting to take control of other people's lives over the internet...it couldn't POSSIBLY be that many doctors are prescribing suboxone without having a clear understanding of how to use them, or WORSE, doing so for the easy money, right? Btw you were the one who came here asking for help (from knowledgeable or experienced people, is how you put it, iirc)...you have the same rotten attitude as another troll who came on here not too long ago, who flipped out at the board. Go away and do your own thing if the taper posts are all bull in your mind.
    Robert_325 likes this.