Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Robert_325
First time poster
    Anonymous Guest

Default First time poster

I'm new to the forum. Not sure what to expect, but maybe just some support from others that can relate.
    I j ust got off opiates after 17 years of hard use. I'm a 33 year old male. A series of injuries, auto accidents, and surgeries had me spiraling out of control with opiates. Anything from lortab, oxy, opana, morphine, dilaudid, >>>>>>, etc... I was using it all.
    Just started suboxone 3 days ago and "wow", I have felt great, since about an hour after my induction. I'm on 2 8mg tablets a day.
    Anybody have any advice to offer??? Fire it at me, please. Thanks.
    Chris

Suboxowned is offline Member

Default Hi Chris

[QUOTE=KY CAH;353573]I'm new to the forum. Not sure what to expect, but maybe just some support from others that can relate.
    I j ust got off opiates after 17 years of hard use. I'm a 33 year old male. A series of injuries, auto accidents, and surgeries had me spiraling out of control with opiates. Anything from lortab, oxy, opana, morphine, dilaudid, >>>>>>, etc... I was using it all.
    Just started suboxone 3 days ago and "wow", I have felt great, since about an hour after my induction. I'm on 2 8mg tablets a day.
    Anybody have any advice to offer??? Fire it at me, please. Thanks.
    Chris[/QUOT

You sound like you are doing great!! But, before I go on (blah, blah, blah), you need to start cutting that dose. I was on 2 8mg a day, then down to 12mg when I decided to start weaning. I am currently at 1mg (one) a day and I feel better now than I have since the first few days I started subs 4 years ago. After a while at those high doses, You'll start to feel "foggy". Plus, the more you take and the longer you take them, the harder it will be to get off of these things. Suboxone has saved lives!!! But, its not meant to be taken for years. Even though the doctors tell you its okay to take it for the rest of your life, you will not want to. Eventually you will want to be free because trust me before too long you will be living around that pill bottle just like you did when you were on the pain pills. Who wants that?? Us addicts obsess about our meds. With the half life of sub, its okay to skip a day or two and not feel anything. But the way our brains are wired, you'll be freaking out half way thru that day of not dosing. It will get old....
    I'm sure one of the more experienced men or women will be around to talk with you and all I can say is....listen to what they have to say. As far as I'm concerned, a man with experience to an addicts way of life, weighs a lot more than a doctor who went to school for 8+ years. I have learned a helluva lot more on this forum from the old timers than from my suboxone doctor(s).
    Hang in there and enjoy your days of being off of your "d.o.c"

Ashleyy is offline Member

Chris

I am new here as well. I had my induction February 15th, 2012... a few weeks ago.

It has been a wonderful trade off and experience for me, as I was illegally taking 25 mg of Methadone daily for about 3 months. Before that I would take Tabs, Percs, Roxies, etc.

CONGRATULATIONS on starting YOUR ROAD TO RECOVERY!!

I applaud you. There are so many individuals here with a wealth of information and knowledge pertaining to the treatment of Suboxone. I have been blessed to find this site, as I am able to relate to others- here other's stories- and ask questions.

Hope to see you around more!
    Ashley

Anonymous Guest

To the first reply to my post...
    Don't plan on weaning, after only getting my dose straightened out to 3 a day... today. I just started this on Tuesday... 3 days ago. Taper??? What? No. I'm an addict. I could bang enough dope to kill a horse. I'm 5'7" 160 lbs, just to give you an idea. I'm looking at maybe a couple years of this suboxone treatment, along with about 4 group meetings a month. My Dr. said this is a long process and with an addiction as bad as mine, it would be be a minimum of about 3 years. It's gonna be a long, hard road to get over this addiction, after using for the past 15 years everyday, only missing about 2 days at the most, ever off my opiates... whatever I had to use.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by KY CAH View Post
    Don't plan on weaning, after only getting my dose straightened out to 3 a day... today. I just started this on Tuesday... 3 days ago. Taper??? What? No. I'm an addict. I could bang enough dope to kill a horse. I'm 5'7" 160 lbs, just to give you an idea. I'm looking at maybe a couple years of this suboxone treatment, along with about 4 group meetings a month. My Dr. said this is a long process and with an addiction as bad as mine, it would be be a minimum of about 3 years. It's gonna be a long, hard road to get over this addiction, after using for the past 15 years everyday, only missing about 2 days at the most, ever off my opiates... whatever I had to use.

Chris ....I've done literally TONS of opiates over a 35 year period. I won't even go into details but it would be impossible that you ever did more drugs than me. I GUARANTEE IT!!!!

I got on subs at 8mg with no guidance, tapered off in two months and have been clean almost ten years now. No way you need to be on subs two or three years at three subs a day. That is insane and your dr is creating a money train out of you. Sure you feel great, you're taking ten times as much suboxone as you need which is also an opiate. What would you expect?

Why are you here? If you plan on doing that for three years wait until the three years is up and you're totally addicted to them and then come back and I'll help you get clean. Good luck my friend. I could help you if would allow it. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-02-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    Suboxowned and Melissa B like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Suboxowned is offline Member

I wasn't suggesting you taper off of Sub, just taper down. Like I said earlier, I was at 16mg and maybe even more on some days and now I'm on 1mg a day and I feel great. Trust me, in a couple of years you're going to wish you would've tapered down to a "do-able" dose. We all felt great our first few days/weeks on Sub. But, just like any other drug, the honeymoon phase will fade away and you're left chasing another pill bottle around. Do what you gotta do to stay clean..............that's all that matters.
    Good luck to you!

dsac6060 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by KY CAH View Post
    OF course your doctor told you 3 years! He wants your money! WOW, thats way too much. Just because you used for that long and tha much does not mean you should be taking that much suboxone and for that long. Robert could help you get down low and clean in a matter of months. LISTEN TO HIM! I am so sickened to hear a story like this
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong