Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Donnella needs Robert's help on sub taper
    Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default Donnella needs Robert's help on sub taper

Donnella .... Here is your new thread. We can do all communications right here. I have copied and pasted our previous conversation so nothing is left out. This should help you. God bless.

Could someone please help me ? I am new here.
    Hi I am new on here and I pray that I'm not on anyones page. But I am begging and desperately needing help. I started taking buprenorphin ( suboxone) 6 days ago from being addicted to pain pills so 6 days ago I went to see a suboxone doctor after reading everything about the medicane I truly want to get off of these but I am scared to start going into withdrawls . I am begging anyone if you have any information would you please let me know..Thank you all . Like
    Reply Reply With Quote
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yesterday, 08:38 PM #30 Robert_325 View Profile View Forum Posts
    Double Diamond Elite Join Date Jul 2007
    Location Texas
    Posts 16,338
    Originally Posted by Donnella
    Hi I am new on here and I pray that I'm not on anyones page. But I am begging and desperately needing help. I started taking buprenorphin ( suboxone) 6 days ago from being addicted to pain pills so 6 days ago I went to see a suboxone doctor after reading everything about the medicane I truly want to get off of these but I am scared to start going into withdrawls . I am begging anyone if you have any information would you please let me know..Thank you all .

Donnella ..... I will be happy to try and help you. First tell me your using history so I know the best route to take. What dose did the sub dr start you at six days ago, this is critical! Give me some info to work with, don't be embarassed, no one gets judged here, we are all just a bunch of druggies (some more reformed than others). LOL No one is here to do anything but help you.

Send all of your replies that you want to send to me right here on this thread. I have subscribed to this thread and I will see anytime you post anything here. We'll get you your own thread started once we get squared away as this is a big thread and you'll get lots more support on your own thread. God bless. Last edited by Robert_325; Yesterday at 08:40 PM. I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

#34 Donnella View Profile View Forum Posts
    New Member Join Date Jun 2012
    Posts 3
    Hi and thank you so much for responding ! I started taking lortabs 6 years ago after having back surgery the doctor put me on percocets.( All in 2006 ) I m just so tired of taking pain pills I want off of them for good. After going into rehab 3 different times and coming back home I would relapse with a week or two. Well last week June 7 th I went to a suboxone doctor and I sat down and told him everything . He put me on subs. 8 mgs. 3 times a day. It is way too much for me. I was so sick the 2nd day I called his office to let them know and the nurse said it would take at least 2 days for that feeling to go away after getting in my system. So since the 2nd day I cut the subs down myself to a quarter 4 times a day which has been 8 mgs. I need and want help desperatly off of these. ( Subs.) after reading on different websites then coming to this one I have learned alot and I thank everyone especially Robert. At least after getting on the computer and researching myself. the doctors office hasnt called me once to check in on me. It is all about money with these doctors I paid $230.00 for my office visit and of course my prescription of subs. I want off of the pain pills and these subs.. Since its only been 6 days taking suboxone am I over the percocet withdrawls? And also could you please help get me off of the subs? Do I stop at once on them? I just dont know what to do. I have prayed and prayed and I truly believe I have came to the right place and thats here. All I want is to be like I use to be . me, a clean body with no pills in my system and having to rely on a pain pill just to get out of the bed to day started. This is one terrible feeling. If it will work I will do it. Please tell me if I need to wean myself off of the subs. or any information. I do sincerly appreciate any advice and help. Thank you so much. Like
    Reply Reply With Quote
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yesterday, 11:43 PM #35 Donnella View Profile View Forum Posts
    Posts 3
    Hi rxqueen83 I am just now reading your post and thank you so much !! I will definitly do that first thing when I get up in the morning. I am new on here so I will start a new thread with him and hopefully he can help me. And please do keep me in your prayers. I really need them. Thank you again so much and have a good night. Like
    Reply Reply With Quote
    Today, 08:39 AM #36 Robert_325 View Profile View Forum Posts
    Location Texas
    Posts 16,338
    Originally Posted by Donnella
    Hi and thank you so much for responding ! I started taking lortabs 6 years ago after having back surgery the doctor put me on percocets.( All in 2006 ) I m just so tired of taking pain pills I want off of them for good. After going into rehab 3 different times and coming back home I would relapse with a week or two. Well last week June 7 th I went to a suboxone doctor and I sat down and told him everything . He put me on subs. 8 mgs. 3 times a day. It is way too much for me. I was so sick the 2nd day I called his office to let them know and the nurse said it would take at least 2 days for that feeling to go away after getting in my system. So since the 2nd day I cut the subs down myself to a quarter 4 times a day which has been 8 mgs. I need and want help desperatly off of these. ( Subs.) after reading on different websites then coming to this one I have learned alot and I thank everyone especially Robert. At least after getting on the computer and researching myself. the doctors office hasnt called me once to check in on me. It is all about money with these doctors I paid $230.00 for my office visit and of course my prescription of subs. I want off of the pain pills and these subs.. Since its only been 6 days taking suboxone am I over the percocet withdrawls? And also could you please help get me off of the subs? Do I stop at once on them? I just dont know what to do. I have prayed and prayed and I truly believe I have came to the right place and thats here. All I want is to be like I use to be . me, a clean body with no pills in my system and having to rely on a pain pill just to get out of the bed to day started. This is one terrible feeling. If it will work I will do it. Please tell me if I need to wean myself off of the subs. or any information. I do sincerly appreciate any advice and help. Thank you so much.

With your history the subs can be an asset to get clean, but obviously not at 24mg per day! That dr is clueless! What kind of script did he give you as far as the mg and the quantity of meds? If you got enough from him I can help you taper down and off them in about sixty days. You would never even have to go back and see him if you have enough on hand, and the fact that you've already tapered down to 8mg daily is great!

You don't want to dose so often. You should only take two doses each day. Subs last a long time and taking them throughout the day is addictive behavior, something we want to eliminate immediately. So give me a little more info and we'll make a plan for you, set you up with your own thread, and get you clean off everything in a short time without a bunch of misery. I know how to do this, done it a long time. God bless. I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.
    Reply Reply With Quote
    Today, 11:34 AM #37 Donnella View Profile View Forum Posts
    Posts 3
    Hi Robert , how do I start a new thread ? I am hoping and praying you can get with me today. I am praying that my post showed up lastnight well it early this morning that my post showed up for you to read with my information about how long I have been on pain pills and then started the suboxone but today is day 7 on the subs and I haven't taken any pain pills since that morning .Please Robert or someone let me know when yall get a chance if they are showing up or not. Meanwhile I am going to google to see how I can make a thread. I am desperate for help. Thank you all so much. Like
    Reply Reply With Quote
    Today, 11:42 AM #38 Robert_325 View Profile View Forum Posts
    Location Texas
    Posts 16,338
    Hang on. I'll start a thread for you and give you a link to it. Just sit tight. I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.
    Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

There now you have your own thread with all the relevant info on it. Hope this helps. God bless.
    Donnella likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Donnella is offline Junior Member

Hi Robert, I am on the desktop now. The only thing is it doesnt show if I have messages or will I get emails with your replys back ? The doctor gave me a prescription for 90 suboxones / 8 mgs. for 3 times a day. I took what he said to on Day 1 ( June 7th ) last week but it was too much. So the 2nd day I started to them them in quaters. But I would love to be off of them . I havent been out of the house since I started taking them. I feel horrible and also let me mention that he wants he to come back next month for another prescrition this one has no refills. Thanks

Hi Robert, I hope that my post showed up. Please let me know if you see it when you get a chance. I would just love to start my sub tapering today ( asap) I will follow everything that you say to do. Thank you.

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi Robert, I am on the desktop now. The only thing is it doesnt show if I have messages or will I get emails with your replys back ? The doctor gave me a prescription for 90 suboxones / 8 mgs. for 3 times a day. I took what he said to on Day 1 ( June 7th ) last week but it was too much. So the 2nd day I started to them them in quaters. But I would love to be off of them . I havent been out of the house since I started taking them. I feel horrible and also let me mention that he wants he to come back next month for another prescrition this one has no refills. Thanks
    Hello Donnella,

Just wanted to post and offer you some support. I am also new here and working with Robert. Do everything this guy asks you to do and you will have NO problems! I have a thread in the "need to talk" section here and you can take a look there if you choose. Anyway I will be checking on you and hopefully together we can beat this thing! Talk to you soon. Blessings.

Hugs,
    Karen
    Donnella likes this.

Hi Robert, i am going to fix me something to eat so I wanted to let you know. I will be back checking the post and letting you know when I am back on. like I said I would really love to start tapering the suboxnes today. I will be back on shortly. Thank you

I have been in the pool. lol So exactly what dose are you taking right now? We need to get your dose down low and I can taper you off them easily. You won't have to see the dr again, you'll have tons of them left over when we finish. Tell me what you're taking daily, how many times a day and I will reply back to you as soon as I get out of the shower. God bless.
    Donnella likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hey Donella,
    Go to the top of the thread and hover your mouse over "thread tools". Under that drop down list you will find "subscribe to this thread". Please subscribe to it. That way anytime a new post is made to this thread you will receive a notification email to the email address that you used when you signed up to the forum. If you have a yahoo email or google you can also download the messanger service and will get an IM each time you receive a new email. If you have an Android or web capable phone I believe you can tweak your settings to receive a text message notification as well. I would also like to re-welcome you, and encourage you to join myself, Karen and some other ladies on our thread in the "Need to Talk" forum. It's called "Looking for a Taper Buddy". It's actually my thread where I met Karen and some other nice ladies. It's always good to have support.

You've definately come to the right place and remember, you made the right choice getting on sub and cleaning your life up off those nasty pain pills. Your dose is high which is very typical for sub doctors but Robert CAN and WILL help you. He's helping Karen right now and many others. It's just about tweaking your dose and setting up a plan. Your in good hands. Getting down to 8MG was great! Good job, give yourself a pat on the back. As for feeling lousy, it's normal and the fact they gave you way too much of a POTENT drug is not helping. You will feel better and better as your dose goes down. Same thing happened to me. They gave me three 8MG subs, clonidine and trazadone the first time I was inducted onto Sub and I was a mess. I was hitting things driving, getting delerious, dizzy and having awful symptoms. I know and feel your pain. Hang in there woman. I'll be back later! Hugs!

Donnella ...... talk to me!

Hi Robert, I have been taking 1 suboxone ( 8 mgs. ) splitting it into quarters and taking it 4 times a day. So that is 8 mgs. a day total.

Hi Robert I am having trouble getting on this page when I am on the desktop but when I am on my cellphones ( internet ) I have got it bookmarked and can go right to this page. Hopefully I will learn this on my desktop it just makes it easier to see. I have got to because I need help and want it so bad to get off of the subs. So hopefully you will get this reply back. also, on my cellphone I subscribed ( added ) this group so I can get automatic emails. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will work. But I am here and thank you so much for taking your time to help me.

Hey Karen, Thank you for your concern and support !! It really means alot. I was taking lortabs and then switched to percocets about a year ago. I first started taking lortabs from having back surgery and my mind and body got addicted to them. I am so tired. I prayed and prayed for help then last week June 7 th I saw a suboxone doctor and explained my situation and then put me on suboxones 8 mgs. 3 times a day. On the 2nd day I felt like I was going to die. I called his office and told them but they said to allow a couple of days for my body to adjust and on the 2nd day I couldnt do it. So thats when I started the subs. my way and I feel better it was just way too much ( the dose ) but after reading on the internet stories how you can become addictive and diffrent things about them I decided I just want completly off of them and of course pain pills. I am hoping that my replys are getting posted where yall can read them especially Robert. God knows my heart and what I am struggling I really do need help tapering down and off of the subs. Thank you so much Karen. It means alot !!

Hey Karen, Thank you for your concern and support !! It really means alot. I was taking lortabs and then switched to percocets about a year ago. I first started taking lortabs from having back surgery and my mind and body got addicted to them. I am so tired. I prayed and prayed for help then last week June 7 th I saw a suboxone doctor and explained my situation and then put me on suboxones 8 mgs. 3 times a day. On the 2nd day I felt like I was going to die. I called his office and told them but they said to allow a couple of days for my body to adjust and on the 2nd day I couldnt do it. So thats when I started the subs. my way and I feel better it was just way too much ( the dose ) but after reading on the internet stories how you can become addictive and different things about them I decided I just want completely off of them and of course pain pills. I am hoping that my replys are getting posted where yall can read them especially Robert. God knows my heart and what I am struggling I really do need help tapering down and off of the subs. Thank you so much Karen. It means alot !!
    I'm sure Robert will see your post right here soon. He is just so busy here helping so many people. Sometimes I think there must be 3 of him with all of the people he posts too! Talk to you soon I'm sure.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

p.s. by the way there is a thread in the "need to talk" section titled something like: "looking for Taper Buddies". There are several of us there all looking for support through this. We have got a very good thing going and would love for you to be a part of it!

Thank you so much rxqueen83 for your support and information !! Like I said.I am new here I have never been in a group like this. I went to my setting and subscribed like you said so I am waiting for my emails to come with my fingers crossed.

Hi Robert, I have been taking 1 suboxone ( 8 mgs. ) splitting it into quarters and taking it 4 times a day. So that is 8 mgs. a day total.

Donnella ..... Glad we finally got connected here. Actually I fell asleep on the couch! LOL Sorry! I've been out in the sun working a lot today and it just knocked me out. Have been cutting and burning big trees all week and the heat index is like 100 degrees plus! Thank God for my pool, but I've been tired. Know that I'll go to bed early tonight!

I'm glad you're at 8mg now. You have dropped from 24mg very quickly. How has that made you feel? I'm concerned that you may still have some residual effects from dropping the sub dose so quickly as it has such a very long half life. Think you should stay at 8mg a couple more days to be safe but we need to change the way you're dosing during that time. Only dose twice daily and at the same time each day in equal amounts.

Dose 4mg when you get up and take 4mg at about 5:00 or as close to that as is convenient for you. Dosing four times a day is addictive behavior and we need to stop that. Plus we will be able to see how you feel over the next couple days. If all goes well we will have you reduce by 25% to 6mg daily in a couple days. Let's take it slow these next couple days as I don't want you jumping down too quickly and getting ill from the w/d from the subs. Just trust me and I'll have you on track getting the dose down low very soon. I'm just playing it safe for your benefit the first couple days to protect you! Let me know how you're doing each of the next two days. God bless.

Hi Robert, I just recieved my email for suboxone dose and thank you !! I replied back about the milligrams to let you know on my cellphone. ( I was responding back after it came in and sent it by email ) because I want to start this dosage right away. Now I am on the desktop but I dont see where you sent my reply and I dont see where my reply back to you is on the desktop. I am going to have to find out where to go ( the menu ) on my desktop and other option buttons on here. I hope that you did recieve it. Please let me know when you get a chance. Thank you

I replied back to you about an hour ago. You need to subscribe to this thread so you get all of your messages. All you have to do is go to the second "submit reply" button at the bottom of the posting box and make sure it's set for an "instant email notification" when you hit the "submit reply" button under that.

Hi Robert , I took 6 mgs. of subs. today so far .I havent took the other quarter (2 mgs.) yet. Which would be my 8 mg. dosage for the day. I am waiting to see what you want me to do with my dosage. Do you want me to start taking the 8 mgs. of subs. in the morning ( 4 mgs.) and the other 4 mgs. tomorrow evening at 5:00 ? Or do you want me to go ahead and take the other quarter ( 2 mg.) now ? I am still on. When you get a chance please let me know. Thank you so much

toddio14 is offline Member

Default Long term suboxone user wanting help with taper

Robert, I am wanting to successfully taper off of suboxone and have seen you on alot of these forums and it seems you are the person to talk to for advice on having a successfull taper. I have read your taper method, but am not sure if i should follow that taper rate because i have been on suboxone long term. Been on it about 6 years, starting at 16mg a day for the most part and over last few months have tapered to 4mg. The last two days i have taken 2mg and feel that i reduced that dose a little too quickly, think i may go back up to 3mg for a short time. Anyways my question is should i take it slower than the 4 days you reccomend since i have been on it for so long? I do not want to drag this out but want to avoid wd symptoms as much as possible also. The biggest thing i am having a problem with is just anxiety of deciding when to quit, how long to taper, ect. Any advice or help would be very appreciated!
    Donnella likes this.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Hang in there guys. I feel for ya, I was inducted at 32 mg n stayed at 24 for a few month, then tapered myself down to 8 in a couple or so months (6 months total)...wish I found Robert sooner but ur at the right place. There's alot of great support under the need to talk section (under forums), n lots of ppl in similar situations. It's been a godsend for me to talk things out n get advice from the pros on here on tapering. Ull find ppl are amazing here n we r all here for each other, rooting eachother on thru our each individual tapers. Hang in there n welcome! Big hugs, xoxo
    Donnella likes this.

Hey, I am just checking in. I am waiting on Robert to reply with what dose of suboxones to take or rather when to start the 4 mgs. in the morning and the other dose of 4 for the evening time. But I am going to wait it out because everyone talks so highly of him and I have seen him in alot of the forums. So for me that gives me alot of hope. I am just so tired of taking pain pills. And I also got anxiety going on with me. I haven't been out of my house since last week the day I first started taking my suboxones for percocet withdrawls. Then when I started reading about them I knew I wanted to get off of them too. I am so greatful that I found this site and Robert. I will be checking back in before I go to bed. And thank you everyone and most of all Robert. I hope that everyone has a great night and please do keep me in your prayers. Thanks a bunch ; )
    Chrissytee likes this.

Donnella,

Just checking on you to see how you're doing today? Please post and let us know what's going on. You can do this thing. Several of us here all going through it at one dose or the other. So remain positive and we will be in your corner fighting with you and for you! Take care and have a great day!

Hugs,
    Karen
    Donnella likes this.

Thank you Karen for replying back. I am hanging in there. I have got this thread set up where I can recieve my replys by email. So today I'm going to be watching for all of my emails to come in. I just got up about 10 minutes ago and I'm going to wait to see if Robert responds to me shortly so I'll know if he wants me to start the dosage today. ( Take half of a sub in the morning and the other half at 5:00 in the evening. Thanks so much again for your support..
    Strong Desire likes this.

Thank you Karen for replying back. I am hanging in there. I have got this thread set up where I can recieve my replys by email. So today I'm going to be watching for all of my emails to come in. I just got up about 10 minutes ago and I'm going to wait to see if Robert responds to me shortly so I'll know if he wants me to start the dosage today. ( Take half of a sub in the morning and the other half at 5:00 in the evening. Thanks so much again for your support..

Donnella ..... that is exactly what you need to do. Split the 8mg into two doses today and tomorrow. Then we'll see how you're doing. I have a reunion party from high school tonight, so I won't be around later. You shouldn't have any problems with that 8mg. God bless.

Hi Robert I did recieve my reply back from you. its almost 1:00 and I went ahead and took the 4 mgs. Do you want me to take the other half 4 mgs. at 5:00 this evening or should I wait til a little later than that since I just took the first dose. I dont want to take it too close. But whatever you recommend I will do. I am just ready to get this going . Thank you so much for helping me during this time of need .

Thank you Robert for your quick reply !! That didnt take long. I will do these dosages as you say and I hope that you have a wonderful time at the reunion !! I will be looking foward to hearing back from you. Have a wonderful as well ; )

toddio14 is offline Member

hello, im new here. Sorry for posting on your thread im not sure how this works. I want to get in touch with robert to see if he could help me with my taper. I have been on subs for about 6 years so not sure if i should follow the taper schedule i found or should go slower since i have been on it so long. dont wanna drag it out but also wanna minimize wds. Do I need to create my own thread, and if so how do i do that? Could not find out how to pm robert, again sorry im not trying to hijack your thread.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toddio14 View Post
    hello, im new here. Sorry for posting on your thread im not sure how this works. I want to get in touch with robert to see if he could help me with my taper. I have been on subs for about 6 years so not sure if i should follow the taper schedule i found or should go slower since i have been on it so long. dont wanna drag it out but also wanna minimize wds. Do I need to create my own thread, and if so how do i do that? Could not find out how to pm robert, again sorry im not trying to hijack your thread.
    thanks
    Hi Toddio,

Welcome to the forum! Just go to the main drugs.com page and then look for the "Need to Talk" section. Then look on the left side and you will see the blue oval that reads "new threads" I believe. Click on that and you are on your way! That section seems to get lots more responses on it. And make your thread TITLE something like "Looking for Robert 325...Need Sub Help Please!". Or something close to that. You came to the right place my friend!

Best wishes to you! I will be looking for you there and offering you some support. I am new here myself and Robert is helping me. He is amazing! One thing I would like to tell you right now and that is to follow what this guy says EXACTLY! Do NOT go against his instructions! He knows more than ANY sub doctor out there I believe. Take care!

Hugs,
    Karen

Toddio,

Correction! Sorry about that. It is a Blue oblong box that reads "Post New Thread". Just click on that in the "Need to Talk" section!

Karen

hi toddio14 , I dont mind at all if you post on here . Robert is going to a reunion but I know that he will be checking in on us. He just started my 1st suboxone dosage taper today. That I am so greatful for and he is very good. i have saw him on alot of forums on here. When he comes back he will see all of our replys so you will be on your way to your taper dosage. I am so glad that I found this site myself. When I first got on I didnt even know where the message or menu places were located on my screen and I am still learning. I would definatly wait in Robert to return before you start tapering your dose because you have been on it for awhile now. I am also here if you need someone to talk to. Also, there is a group Need To Talk Buddy that you can go to on here. I havent had a chance to go yet. Like I said I am still learning how to use this site. The same as you. Try to hang there and I will be talking to you soon. I hope that you have a great day !!

Hi Karen ! I just saw your reply and I am going to do the same and go to the group. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there thats in the situation I am in. I started my dose today as Robert told me and so for I am not having any problems. Thank you so much for coming on here for your support It does mean alot. Hugs to you ; )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast