Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 98
Like Tree20Likes
Donnella needs Robert's help on sub taper
  1. #61
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi Karen !! I am still at home lol..I am on day 2 of tapering . I'm on 6 milligrams of suboxones now. So far I'm doing good . Thank you so much for checking in on me. I hope that you have a great Wednesday. I will be posting and letting yall know how I'm doing . Hugs to you ; )
    You are doing really great! I have read here so much that the lower the dose, the better you will feel. So that's something to really look forward to! Keep up the great work Donnella and I'll check with you later. Have a great day!

    Big Hugs,
    Karen

  2. #62
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Goodmorning Robert ! Well I have been on 6 mgs of suboxone taking 3 mgs. in the morning and the other 3 mgs. at 5:00. Actually I went over 2 days but I am doing it and so far its going good !! ; ) I am sorry I haven't been able to post. I have had my grandchildren so they have been keeping me busy. Robert I am ready to taper down . Just let me know the dosage you want me to go down to whenever you get a chance. I hope that you have a wonderful Sunday !! I look foward to hearing back from you. Hugs to you and everyone ; ) !!

  3. #63
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Goodmorning Robert ! Well I have been on 6 mgs of suboxone taking 3 mgs. in the morning and the other 3 mgs. at 5:00. Actually I went over 2 days but I am doing it and so far its going good !! ; ) I am sorry I haven't been able to post. I have had my grandchildren so they have been keeping me busy. Robert I am ready to taper down . Just let me know the dosage you want me to go down to whenever you get a chance. I hope that you have a wonderful Sunday !! I look foward to hearing back from you. Hugs to you and everyone ; ) !!



    The extra two days is fine. You've come a LONG ways since you got here. Go to 2mg twice a day starting tomorrow. That is a little higher than 25% but I think you can handle it. We can always add to it if we have to, let's see how you do at 4mg for the day. You're getting close! Proud of you. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  4. #64
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hi Robert !! Thank you for getting back with me before my 5:00 dose. I will do this and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks so much and I will be talking to you soon . Sending hugs your way ; )

  5. #65
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi Robert !! Thank you for getting back with me before my 5:00 dose. I will do this and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks so much and I will be talking to you soon . Sending hugs your way ; )
    Hey Donnella,

    How's it going this evening? Hope you are all well and good today! You seem to really have the right attitude for this. You want it bad enough. Keep doing what you're doing. I'm very proud of you, and really impressed with your taper. Talk to you again soon. Blessings to you.

    Big Hugs,
    Karen

  6. #66
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Goodmorning Robert ! I was wanting to let you know how I'm doing with the 4 mgs. a day ( 2 mgs. in the morning and the other 2 mgs @ 5:00 in the evening. So far I'm doing well with this. Just let me know how long to do this when you get a chance. With your help I'm getting there and thank you so much. I have got a doctors appointment today so I will be checking back in.. I hope that you have a wonderful day ; ) !!

  7. #67
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Goodmorning Robert ! I was wanting to let you know how I'm doing with the 4 mgs. a day ( 2 mgs. in the morning and the other 2 mgs @ 5:00 in the evening. So far I'm doing well with this. Just let me know how long to do this when you get a chance. With your help I'm getting there and thank you so much. I have got a doctors appointment today so I will be checking back in.. I hope that you have a wonderful day ; ) !!




    You have come so far so fast! Proud of you! Don't let the goofy dr convince you to do anything different. We will have you clean before you know it! I think you are ready to drop to 3mg daily personally! 1.5mg twice a day should be no problem for you at this point. Keep me posted. And after you get through this dr appt unless you are out of meds I wouldn't even bother going back again. That's just me! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  8. #68
    ndm1952 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I am new to this and not to good with the computer.. I have been reading the posts by Robert on reducing the daily dose of suboxone.. I am currently on 16mg Subutex, have been for several years, and am aware that is way to much.. My Dr. is working hard to decrease my dose but my "Addict Mind" seems win the battle.. I do not want to interfere with Roberts conversation with Donnella, but am interested in what Robert has to say.. How do I open a dialog with Robert.. Nathan

  9. #69
    ndm1952 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Robert.. How can I start a dialog with you about reducing my subtex intake.. Currently on 16mg and know that is way to much.. I have been on Sub's for years, and I am using them as an antidepressant rather than to keep off pain pills.. I am in recovery and attend at least 2 meetings per week, but I am an addict, and still react as one.. Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks..

  10. #70
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndm1952 View Post
    Robert.. How can I start a dialog with you about reducing my subtex intake.. Currently on 16mg and know that is way to much.. I have been on Sub's for years, and I am using them as an antidepressant rather than to keep off pain pills.. I am in recovery and attend at least 2 meetings per week, but I am an addict, and still react as one.. Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks..
    I just posted to you in the Need to Talk section. Robert will see your post!

    Karen

  11. #71
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hi Robert ! I just got back from the doctor. I will start at 5:00 this evening my 1.5 dose . Like I said so far I'm doing good with my tapering. Thank you so much for helping me get through this. and anyone is more thann welcome post on my thread. Karen and everyone thank you all so much for checking in on me. I hope that everyone is doing well and yall have a wonderful day.

  12. #72
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hi Robert ! I wanted to check in and let you know that I took my 1.5 mg. of suboxone at 5:00 and so far thank God so good ; ) and thank you ! I have a question is there anyway on here where I could talk private to you ? I have a question. When you get a chance please get back with me. I know you stay busy and I can not thank you enough for being here from day 1. Thank you so much and I cant wait to hear back from you. Sending hugs your way ; )

  13. #73
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    You can get on my friends list and then we can talk privately!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  14. #74
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi Robert ! I wanted to check in and let you know that I took my 1.5 mg. of suboxone at 5:00 and so far thank God so good ; ) and thank you ! I have a question is there anyway on here where I could talk private to you ? I have a question. When you get a chance please get back with me. I know you stay busy and I can not thank you enough for being here from day 1. Thank you so much and I cant wait to hear back from you. Sending hugs your way ; )



    Go to the support group section of the site, add me as a friend request, then I can reply back to you.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  15. #75
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hi Robert and thank you so much !! When I get home I will get on the computer and I look foward to talking to you !! Thank you so much Robert and I'll be talking to you soon.Sending hugs your way ; )

  16. #76
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Hi Donnella,

    I haven't spoken to you in quite some time and was thinking of you. I hope things are going well for you. If you get a chance could you please send me a post and let me know that you are ok. I would really appreciate it very much! Take care and hope to chat with you soon.

    Big Hugs,
    Karen

  17. #77
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hi Karen ! I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. I can't get on my desktop and it makes it hard using my cellphone. I am still on

  18. #78
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi Karen ! I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. I can't get on my desktop and it makes it hard using my cellphone. I am still on
    Well hello there Donnella! So nice to hear from you! How have you been? I hope all is well and good with you now. I totally understand about using the phone to type and read on. It can be a real pain sometimes. I won't even attempt to use my phone to type on....I have way too much trouble using it for that.

    When you get to a computer maybe you can give an update then. I will be watching and waiting for you to do that. But thanks bunches for coming on today! I am doing just great myself. I will take my last sub dose on Sunday and be completely clean on Monday at 12 noon! Can hardly wait until then.

    You take care and hope you come back real soon ok. Talk to you later my friend!

    Big Hugs,
    Karen

  19. #79
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hey Karen. ! Thank you for your quick reply back to me. I am so proud to hear you are almost there congratulations. !! I am still on my 1.5 mg twice a day and I have just got to get in touch with Robert to see what he wants me to go down to since I have been on it a while and actually I am doing great with that. I just want to be like you. I am so ready to get off of these for good. Just shortly I'm gonna talk to Robert and see what dose I can go down to now. Please keep me in your prayers and I'll be talking to you soon! Hugs from Donnella ; )

  20. #80
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hey Karen. ! Thank you for your quick reply back to me. I am so proud to hear you are almost there congratulations. !! I am still on my 1.5 mg twice a day and I have just got to get in touch with Robert to see what he wants me to go down to since I have been on it a while and actually I am doing great with that. I just want to be like you. I am so ready to get off of these for good. Just shortly I'm gonna talk to Robert and see what dose I can go down to now. Please keep me in your prayers and I'll be talking to you soon! Hugs from Donnella ; )


    Donnella ..... that is 3mg daily. Drop to 2.5mg which is 1.25mg twice a day. It's definitely time to drop your dose, glad you're doing well. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  21. #81
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Thank you so much Robert! ! I have got a crazy question? How do I get my pills split into for the 1.25 mgs. I feel like a fool for asking but please tell me how to do this to get them right. Thank you so much for being here for me. Hugs to you !! Donnella. ; )

  22. #82
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Do you have the 2mg or the 8mg pills?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  23. #83
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hey Karen. ! Thank you for your quick reply back to me. I am so proud to hear you are almost there congratulations. !! I am still on my 1.5 mg twice a day and I have just got to get in touch with Robert to see what he wants me to go down to since I have been on it a while and actually I am doing great with that. I just want to be like you. I am so ready to get off of these for good. Just shortly I'm gonna talk to Robert and see what dose I can go down to now. Please keep me in your prayers and I'll be talking to you soon! Hugs from Donnella ; )
    You're really doing great and nice to see that Robert is right on your dose amount for you! Can't go wrong with him on your side! And going down to 2.5mg per day is awesome! You're getting your dose down low now and it won't be too much longer and you will be skipping days too. If you decide to use the day-skipping process. Either way I'm so happy for you. Keep me posted and I'll talk to you later.

    Hugs,
    Karen

  24. #84
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    I have the 8 mgs.

  25. #85
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Donella .... I was actually in the middle of something and didn't have my mind on what I was doing on my last reply. Your new dose should be 2.25mg daily. 25% off of 3mg is .75mg so I was not thinking correctly.

    Just take a 2mg piece, or 1/4 of that 8mg pill, break it in half and that will give you two 1mg doses. Then crush a 2mg piece into powder, divide it into four equal .5mg piles with a razor. Add 1/2 of one of those .5mg piles to the 1mg piece and take that twice a day.

    Sorry for the oversight. I get involved doing too many things at once sometimes and have to force myself to slow down and think straight. God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 07-12-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  26. #86
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Hi Robert! My cellphone is going very slow. I am not good with math and I have always been slow. Would it be ok if I could take the 1 mlg in the morning and the other 1 mlg at 5:00 until I learned how to split the rest into piles? I hope that will be ok please let me know when you get a chance. I am just nervous about trying to split them with a razor and the dose not coming out right.

  27. #87
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi Robert! My cellphone is going very slow. I am not good with math and I have always been slow. Would it be ok if I could take the 1 mlg in the morning and the other 1 mlg at 5:00 until I learned how to split the rest into piles? I hope that will be ok please let me know when you get a chance. I am just nervous about trying to split them with a razor and the dose not coming out right.


    It's your call but dropping from 3mg to 2mg is a 33% reduction vs a 25% reduction. That is almost ASKING for w/d symptoms. If you start feeling badly you'll need to be breaking off little pieces anyway to make yourself feel better and that's a good way to get totally off track. It's a big drop in dose and I hate to see you get yourself into trouble with not feeling ok! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  28. #88
    Donnella is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Thank you so much for letting me know that Robert. I will have to find someone to help me cut them up the right way.I definitely don't want to go into withdrawals. So I will get the dose down. Also I will start my new dose tomorrow and I will keep you posted. Thanks so much again and have a great night.
    Strong Desire likes this.

  29. #89
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Hi Donnella,

    How are you doing today? Sure hope all is well and good with you this fine day! Were you able to get your dose cut up well enough to get the correct amount? Sure hope so girl! If you have time could you please log on and give us an update? I would enjoy hearing from you and how you're doing. Thanks and have a great day!

    Lotsa Love,
    Karen

  30. #90
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Hey Donnella,

    You still around? If you are could you please drop by and give us an update? I would really appreciate you doing that. How is your taper going? Did you reduce recently? How are you feeling? Did you reduce to the 2mg, or did you maybe not go as low? I know lots of questions, but only because I care about you! I will check here later for any reply you might give. Hope you are ok.

    Big Hugs,
    Karen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22