Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By bekka1964
  • 2 Post By MP5
  • 1 Post By Crystalclear651
  • 1 Post By MP5
Day 14 off Suboxone~ I'm gonna be honest
  1. #1
    bekka1964 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida (near the beach)
    Posts
    49

    Default Day 14 off Suboxone~ I'm gonna be honest

    I came here a month or so back to come off suboxone. I used Robert's taper method and found support of some good people. I took my last dose 14 days ago and I was too sick to even log on for 8-10 days. BUT you have to be sick,no matter the taper but I never thought that by day 11 I would turn the corner and although I still am not sleeping at night much and I have almost no energy (comes in sputs) and I feel every muscle in my body (hot bathes and massege or heating pad) along with 1 benedryl every 4 hrs (no benedryl for about 4 days now) I AM LOVING IT ! I am getting my life back, I can look in the mirror and crack a smile...I knew I was still in there somewhere. Suboxone does help get you clean but it's also a drug, it's does get you high,it does make you feel different and it controls you the same, when am I gonna run out? How do I get $$ for dr? How long can I keep this up YES its costs less than most habits but still between dr visits and meds about 100 a week for me here in fla. YOU CAN DO THIS I PROMISE> use the taper method, come here and talk when you can, everyday you think you can't do it STOP and think of who is in control....YOU are and you will love yourself more and feel better in the long run. My history is different than some, and alot like many others. I started pain meds ,muscle relaxers and anti-anxiety etc almost 20yrs ago after my Mom passed away and I was in a bad car accident. When I ran out I found it elsewhere. My best friend of 35 yrs shot herself 13mos and 4 days ago. She was on alot of meds too,then menopause and she lost herself. So many people loved her and tried to help,my Dad passed away 2 days before she killed herself, I spoke her for over and hour the day in between their deaths, she said she loved me and she be there for me. She could'nt be, but I knew menopause was around the corner for me and I had a choice.....LOSE MYSELF or LOVE MYSELF, I choose love. The pain of my loss,after being medicated on suboxone and ambien for the last 12 months is gonna coming crashing back I know and I think I will be ok. YOU CAN DO THIS< IF I CAN MAKE IT YOU CAN TOO>

  2. #2
    MP5
    MP5 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Portland,OR
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Hey bekka,
    I am glad you are feeling better! I have seen Robert's taper work for so many people, including myself, and I can not help but wonder exactly what your taper schedule was? It seems you have had such a hard time in the end(that I know of). I would be curious to find out what the difference was that made the subs be so painful for you. How long were you on subs, what was your taper from beginning to end, what did you jump at, did you skip days at the end? I can not help but feel that somehow you deviated, and I am curious how, and why. No case, have I seen that involve being sick for 8 days. I have watched or helped countless people use Roberts taper, and have never seen nor heard on someone sick for multiple days, let alone 8 days. Subs are a great tool to help people get clean rather painlessly, that is after all why we use subs. I am curious to find out exactly why you have the problems you did. If it could help one person avoid what you went through, it would be worth it.

    Mike
    Robert_325 and bekka1964 like this.

  3. #3
    PatrickB is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    That's awesome and I'm very happy for you. So many of the things that you said in there about the fears and annoyances associated with continued suboxone use and some of the joys of finally not being on it. (even though I have trouble sleep, low energy etc)

    I'm on day 11 right now, so it was kind of funny that I was reading you talking about turning a corner on that day. Out of no other choice I jumped off around .75 mg without skipping days but I feel like the withdrawal was not bad - would have been if I had to work though I'm sure but fortunately I did not. Day 3 was the worst for me but none of it was too bad.

    Anyway, It's just great to hear about people's success because it gives me hope...even if I can't stay asleep yet lol. Hope you remain clean and enjoy your life.

    Patrick
    Last edited by PatrickB; 06-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.

  4. #4
    Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
    Hey bekka,
    I am glad you are feeling better! I have seen Robert's taper work for so many people, including myself, and I can not help but wonder exactly what your taper schedule was? It seems you have had such a hard time in the end(that I know of). I would be curious to find out what the difference was that made the subs be so painful for you. How long were you on subs, what was your taper from beginning to end, what did you jump at, did you skip days at the end? I can not help but feel that somehow you deviated, and I am curious how, and why. No case, have I seen that involve being sick for 8 days. I have watched or helped countless people use Roberts taper, and have never seen nor heard on someone sick for multiple days, let alone 8 days. Subs are a great tool to help people get clean rather painlessly, that is after all why we use subs. I am curious to find out exactly why you have the problems you did. If it could help one person avoid what you went through, it would be worth it.

    Mike
    Hi all, n congrats for fighting thru the wds! My first jump wasnt good n I felt yucky for awhile. Just hang in there, some of it is a mental game for those of us who didn't have guidance n jumped incorrectly.
    Just take it one day at a time, there will b that day you feel great again!

    I'm at 6 mg from 32 in the beginning, n started tapering at 24-6 w/in last 2-3 months. Im starting to feel very anxious so maybe mike you could help give some tips when u feel stuck feeling at a dose? I def want to do this right this time around n stay clean for good.

    Great work overcoming subs, I've been there n I know u can do it. You'll have some yoyo days but don't get discouraged.

    Mike, Right now I'm at day 4 at 6mg after being on 8 for 2 weeks n feel worse today than yesterday so I should prob stabilize a couple more days?

    Just know you have a great support team here, even tho I'm new I'm here for ya tOo!

    Big hugs n my prayers go out to u. Xoxo
    Last edited by ddcmod; 06-04-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    bekka1964 likes this.

  5. #5
    MP5
    MP5 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Portland,OR
    Posts
    235

    Default

    crystalclear, yea...If I were you I would stay at 6mg's for a couple more day till you stabilize. If I remember correctly you dropped from 8mg's to 4mg's and were not feeling good so you went back up to 6mg's. Some of the feelings you are having could possibly be from that. It is very important to keep things consistent with your taper. If you drop to much at one time you could start having negative consequences, and then from that point you are trying to play catch up so to speak, and sometimes it is hard to get stabilized again without having to re increase your dose. In the long run it is best to stick to plan. Trying to speed things up too much will often times ending up take more time and more discomfort. Think about the taper like walking on a fence. You want to be balanced right in the middle, to much or to little can be quite counterproductive.

    I posted something on your thread in the "need to talk" section. Like I said over there, Cheeky knows what she is doing, and will not steer you wrong.

    Keep it up!

    Mike
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

  6. #6
    bekka1964 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida (near the beach)
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Patrick HOPE is all we have, benedryl did help I took i took 1 tab every 3 hrs, after a week of that dr called in ambien, and thanks goodness I can sleep 8hrs at a time, after you get past the oh first 15 day,then you are drained, no energy,and I cried alot but I have other going on, when my dads inheritance comes through my husband of 30 yrs wanta me to move on....not gonna be easy buy I will do it. Some how I feel theres something maybe someone out there for me. I will be checking in on you take care
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
    That's awesome and I'm very happy for you. So many of the things that you said in there about the fears and annoyances associated with continued suboxone use and some of the joys of finally not being on it. (even though I have trouble sleep, low energy etc)

    I'm on day 11 right now, so it was kind of funny that I was reading you talking about turning a corner on that day. Out of no other choice I jumped off around .75 mg without skipping days but I feel like the withdrawal was not bad - would have been if I had to work though I'm sure but fortunately I did not. Day 3 was the worst for me but none of it was too bad.

    Anyway, It's just great to hear about people's success because it gives me hope...even if I can't stay asleep yet lol. Hope you remain clean and enjoy your life.

    Patrick

  7. #7
    rxqueen83 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Good for you bekka! I'm taking the final step toward jumping. I'll be jumping off completely in about two weeks. I tell you it's been a bit rough tapering, especially being pregnant cause I can't take anything but Tylenol and hot baths BUT, my energy is back! I can feel it! I'm not SO freaking tired all the time! And, my sex drive is back! Those two things were really weighing me down. I'm only 29. I should be full of life and stamina. I can imagine once I'm done this is going to be great. I thank suboxone for saving my life as well as methadone. They both had lots of side effects but they enabled me to free myself from addiction and now it is time to say goodbye. Good job Bekka.

  8. #8
    PatrickB is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bekka1964 View Post
    Patrick HOPE is all we have, benedryl did help I took i took 1 tab every 3 hrs, after a week of that dr called in ambien, and thanks goodness I can sleep 8hrs at a time, after you get past the oh first 15 day,then you are drained, no energy,and I cried alot but I have other going on, when my dads inheritance comes through my husband of 30 yrs wanta me to move on....not gonna be easy buy I will do it. Some how I feel theres something maybe someone out there for me. I will be checking in on you take care
    Bekka,

    I hope you remain strong. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you're feeling better. I'm on day 14 now and surprisingly it hasn't been as bad as I expected but still really looking forward to feeling I guess as close to normal as possible and just trying to take this thing a day at a time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22