• 1 Post By gunnawin
  • 3 Post By Ashleyy
  • 1 Post By gunnawin
  • 1 Post By DDAVE45
  • 1 Post By gunnawin
  • 1 Post By DDAVE45
On day 13. Suboxone wd's. Roberts input or anyone else's would be great
    gunnawin is offline Junior Member

Default On day 13. Suboxone wd's. Roberts input or anyone else's would be great

I stopped taking my suboxone 13 days ago. I had been on it for 2 years. I was at 1mg a day, maybe less on some days. At times I would even skip a day. Well due to finances I could not go back to the docs or afford the script. I kinda was forced to quit. To me, that's probably a good thing. The first week wasn't very pleasant, AT ALL!!!! I had the crazy leg thing badly. Anxiety, watery eyes, loss of appetite, sleepless nights, stomach problems were also not so pleasant. I can say that wd's are milder but it's when I wanna sleep at night, that I have a problem with and of course fatigue from not getting good rest. I just want it to be over. That's what I ask myself over and over again " HOW MUCH LONGER DO I HAVE TO DO THIS?" Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up. I'm just wondering if this will last for another couple weeks? Thanks to all of u for ur stories. This site has helped me with my will power. I will continue to come back to this site even after I'm all cleaned up. It's been a blessing : )
    mcunger likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gunnawin View Post
    I stopped taking my suboxone 13 days ago. I had been on it for 2 years. I was at 1mg a day, maybe less on some days. At times I would even skip a day. Well due to finances I could not go back to the docs or afford the script. I kinda was forced to quit. To me, that's probably a good thing. The first week wasn't very pleasant, AT ALL!!!! I had the crazy leg thing badly. Anxiety, watery eyes, loss of appetite, sleepless nights, stomach problems were also not so pleasant. I can say that wd's are milder but it's when I wanna sleep at night, that I have a problem with and of course fatigue from not getting good rest. I just want it to be over. That's what I ask myself over and over again " HOW MUCH LONGER DO I HAVE TO DO THIS?" Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up. I'm just wondering if this will last for another couple weeks? Thanks to all of u for ur stories. This site has helped me with my will power. I will continue to come back to this site even after I'm all cleaned up. It's been a blessing : )

Stopping at 1mg is still kind of high dose to quit abruptly. Here is a link to the Thomas Recipe. It consists of supplements and vitamins that will help you through this as your sub symptoms could easily last a month doing a cold turkey. This will help you. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    Ashleyy and gunnawin like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Day 14..........Thanks Robert325 for responding. : ) Although that probably wasn't the answer I was looking for. LOL I was kinda looking for " It's about over". But, I had a fairly good day yesterday. The good part of the day didn't start till I went to work and was able to keep myself busy. Although I had to some what force myself, I really felt almost better. I wish I would have found this site b4 I ran out of subs. I would have deff done Roberts taper plan. My doc,even after 1 year, NEVER explained that I was suppose to taper. I just did it myself cuz of the cost of the doc and the script. So......Me being uneducated about the subs, thought 1mg was a low dose. It was so low I called it a SLITHER. Guess I was wrong. Being on my 14th day, I don't want to turn back now. I will just have to deal with the coming and going of my wd's. Hoping they won't get any worse. Thanks for the info!!!! : )

DDAVE45 is offline Member

look at it this way..........your on day 15 so your half way there!! 1mg is a high dose to jump from so its gonna take some time for you to adjust. You've made it this far already ......with the thomas recipe it should make things a little easier on you. Good luck
    gunnawin likes this.

alleycat4714 is offline Junior Member

Talking

You should be over the worst of it very soon. It took about me about 3 weeks to feel better. I was on 24 mg/d and in jail with nothing. Subs have a very long half-life and are very potent (think of 1 mg as about 40 mg of morphine, so they say). Good luck!
    gunnawin likes this.

alleycat4714 is offline Junior Member

Default One more thing..

Try getting a little exercise. I know it probably sounds like the last thing you want to be doing right now, but even walking for like 15 minutes. It reduced some of the restlesness for me.

SuzieOf is offline Member

Day 14..........Thanks Robert325 for responding. : ) Although that probably wasn't the answer I was looking for. LOL I was kinda looking for " It's about over". But, I had a fairly good day yesterday. The good part of the day didn't start till I went to work and was able to keep myself busy. Although I had to some what force myself, I really felt almost better. I wish I would have found this site b4 I ran out of subs. I would have deff done Roberts taper plan. My doc,even after 1 year, NEVER explained that I was suppose to taper. I just did it myself cuz of the cost of the doc and the script. So......Me being uneducated about the subs, thought 1mg was a low dose. It was so low I called it a SLITHER. Guess I was wrong. Being on my 14th day, I don't want to turn back now. I will just have to deal with the coming and going of my wd's. Hoping they won't get any worse. Thanks for the info!!!! : )
    My story is similar to yours as I did not find this site until the 5th. day after I jumped. I thought I was on 1mg. but I was taking it twice a day so actually it was 2mg.'s when I jumped. I did not know about crushing the 1mg. to taper further but that's the way to do it. I was calling the one mg. a "crumb", LOL. Anyway, good luck to you I know you will have better luck than I did as I took it for 3 years and I"m 62 yrs. old and my body is not as strong for withstanding withdrawals as it was in the old days. I did not want to throw away the 5 days either but after 9 days I gave up and started the taper over. I wish you the best of luck and don't forget about hot baths for the painful legs. Immediate relief. Also to keep moving really helps. Nightime laying still is the worst for me and as soon as I get up and move around it is better. Try taking a bath before you go to bed and as hot water as you can stand.

Hi Suzie!! I've made another day go by. 15 and counting still : ) It was a bit tough today but I made it through. I didn't get much sleep last night. I hope it all is going well for u. I get discouraged at times because one day I will feel great and the next it hits me hard!! Can't wait till all the poison is out!!!! There is no turning back now. Good luck to u and God Bless!!!

Hello alleycat!!! Thanks for the advice : ) Yes.....I do agree with u on the exercise. I really have to force myself at times but I try to get on my treadmill for at least 15 to 30 a day. And when I have to work, it helps as well. Cuz at work.......I can't let them know I'm in wd's. I really don't think about it as much when I'm working!!

kellennn is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Stopping at 1mg is still kind of high dose to quit abruptly. Here is a link to the Thomas Recipe. It consists of supplements and vitamins that will help you through this as your sub symptoms could easily last a month doing a cold turkey. This will help you. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...wal-35169.html
    Two months.

gunnawin likes this.

kellennn is offline Member

You were not wrong at all! 1 mg is a very low, very reasonable dose. It's just, when you quit cold turkey, even a low dose can be really painful to kick.

Think of it this way: I took 24 mg's a day for 2 years. Yeah. Only 24 times as much as you every day... lol. I'd say you did pretty freaking good staying on 1 mg, or even cutting it down to that over time!

Also, quitting cold turkey is super sweet, makes that victory all the more satisfying. Hope you make it! Will be checking in and rooting for you!! I'm 57 days clean so... yeah, I can relate!! Get ready to start loving music and life and friends and hobbies again.
    gunnawin likes this.

Kellennn.........A SUPER Thanks to u!!!!!!! I just woke up this morning after a pretty darn good night of rest. I suppose it was because I didn't get much sleep the prior night. But, at the beginning I would have problems sleeping for 3 nights in a row then by the 4th my body would just fall out, still tossing and turning but I would get some sleep. So I do see things getting a lil better. I have no cravings for the subs no more. Although maybe my body may still want them. If that makes sense. I do post on both sides of this web site. It took me some time to figure it out though. LOL I know most people come here to do the taper plan. Which I didn't do. Should have, could have, would have, had I known. Your words of encouragment this morning here in Virginia, USA are greatly appreciated. SWEET VICTORY!!! That alone just makes me smile and feeling so proud by the thought of it. Even though I did not do the taper, I feel myself drawn to this site every single morning. I know my experience may not help others as well as some. But, I feel I need to share. Even if it's looked at by "WHAT NOT TO DO". Kelllennn.....Congrats on ur 57 days. That is just so awesome. People like u help people like me through some tough days : ) Thanks for replying
    Ashleyy likes this.

Day 17.........Woke up this morning feeling FANTASTIC!!!! I've basically been on an every other day of feeling half way decent. One day good, the next would be oh.....not so good!!! But, today makes it TWO days of feeling happy, energetic, and looking forward to my day ahead. Thanks to ALL of u. Everyone said, " It gets better". It was alittle hard to believe at first. I assumed it never was gonna happen. REALLY!!!! I thought NEVER!!! I know tomorrow may be different but, I'm taking today and gonna cherish it!!! This is such an AMAZING feeling. All of my new friends have been absolutely wonderful. Thank U ALL!!!!
    SuzieOf likes this.

Ashleyy is offline Member

gunnawin Congrats to you!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling much better!!

Have a fabulous day!! You're FREE now!!!!
    gunnawin, SuzieOf and Icculus83 like this.
    Ashley

Good Morning ALL!!! I'm here this morning with my freedom back!!!! Day 20!!! Yep!!! And it's wonderful. I've had 4 days in a row of feeling good!!! 4 DAYS IN A ROW I SAY!!!! I didn't even have that when I was taking my script of subs!!!!! WOW!!! Thanks everyone and I do wish every single one of u the best!!!! I guess I can say.......I WIN!!!!! Woo HOO!!! It deff was a battle worth fighting!!!
    Last edited by gunnawin; 04-13-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Adding message
    SuzieOf likes this.

thats awesome.......dont take your freedom for granted, remember what it took to get here and never go back.
    gunnawin likes this.

DDave......I didn't mean to sound as if I was taking this freedom for granted. Believe me it will take me a very long time to forget this past few weeks. Honestly I don't think I will ever forget. To tell u the truth I took the past 5 years for granted while I was addicted. Didn't realize that till recently though. I'm sorry if I sounded that way. It was the biggest struggle I've ever had to do. I'm just so full of pride right now because honestly I've been talking about quitting for about a year and always found an reason for why I needed them for one more month!! I don't have many people to tell about my accomplishment cause most didn't know. I just feel so proud and it's like each day I'm really looking forward to. Before everyday seemed like the same ole same ole!! Although my story wasn't as popular as others, I still can say that this support group helped me tremendously. Even if I was just reading. We are all here for the same reason. Of course, some people say that the subs saved their lives and I do believe that. But I'm a little against the subs completely at this point!! I was so misinformed about them and didn't know anything except it made me feel better. I just feel that it would be better just to deal with the original wd's. But I do realize some people had or have a bigger habit than I did. I know most of u will say I'm wrong but that's just the way I feel. I got so mad the first week. I hated subs!!! Now mostly clean........I STILL HATE THEM!!!! I would never recommend them to anyone!!!!
    DDAVE45 likes this.

hey you deserve to be proud of yourself and you should be. I was just saying that you shouldnt take your sobriety for granted......i never meant to imply that you have. Subs did save my life so i cant say that i hate them ....i think i just hated the power and control they had over me. You are now officially clean.....doesnt it feel great?
    gunnawin likes this.

Ashleyy is offline Member

gunnawin You definitely have every right to be proud!!

I am so proud of you!!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Ashley

SuzieOf is offline Member

gunnawin.. hooray for you!! I can't wait until I can say I had 4 days in a row that felt good and I can't wait for it all to be over. I feel so vulnerable and unable to make plans because I don't know how I will feel that day, but it's great to read about your experience and to know that there is definitely an end to it. It's funny how we all go through so much of the same thing with this stuff. I planned to stop and there was always some reason to postpone it until I started running out, lol. Btw, what did you mean when you said there was another side to this site? What other side and what is it called and how do you get there?

samgul is offline New Member

You will have a lot of problems. It is better go to a real doctor for help.

Samgul!!!!! The doctor was the problem!!!!!!! LOL I'm clean dude!!!! 40 days and feeling great!!! I did it without a doctor!!! Cold Turkey!!!! Maybe u mistaken me for someone else!!! LOL But no thanks.......no more docs for me!!!! At least not for opiate wd's!!!!!! I'm done with that misery!!! PURE MISERY!!!!!! Have a good one.