Can I use tramadol to help my suboxone withdrawal? PLEASE HELP?
    SubJumpin is offline New Member

Question Can I use tramadol to help my suboxone withdrawal? PLEASE HELP?

I also posted a question on this site. My dr gave me 15 tramadol 50 mg pills for my stress fractures in my back.. I sit the entire day at work, what should I do? Nothing otc helps for partial relief. Can i take the 15 and be fine? Will it help with my suboxone taper as I am down to .5 mg a day? Or will it set my taper back? Please help me with your knowledge as i am new to this site.

Anonymous Guest

if you look around this site there are plenty of people who are addicted to tramadol.... why not just do your sub taper properly, take it slow and steady, get right down to .25mg before you jump off.

i would be careful taking the tramadol... they are nasty

SubJumpin is offline New Member

its for my stress fractures recently from sports. Dr said to take only that amount. So would it help me or no?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SubJumpin View Post
    its for my stress fractures recently from sports. Dr said to take only that amount. So would it help me or no?
    Tramadol works on the same brain receptors as hydrocodone or percs or other opiates. They won't do anything to help you and will totally mess up your sub taper. Your dr doesn't know how to prescribe meds with subs obviously. DON'T take them! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Ashleyy is offline Member

I have a prescription of Tramadol, but have NOT taken it with the Suboxone since I have started a few weeks ago. Honestly, I'm scared to. I don't want to go into precipitated withdrawals or anything. I've seen my boyfriend go through it and the whole thing was horrific to say the least.

I have also heard of people trying to take Tramadol after stopping Methadone usage. I don't know how successful it would be for each individual, as Tramadol is such a mild opiate- but does effect the SSRI (which helps for depression)... BUT you can just as easy get addicted to the Tramadol.

Hope I helped... if any at all.
    Ashley

dsac6060 is offline Member

I flushed all 15 tramadol down the toilet this morning. As i am currently on .5mg a day of sub and not stopping. CHEERS to me
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

dsac6060 is offline Member

I suggest doing this SUB JUMPIN. Get rid of anything that will entice you ! I have had these Tramadol sitting in my house since my surgery last year and decided to just throw them out. 1) I kept them around to show my will power and 2) TO prove a point
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong