Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By NoFear23
  • 3 Post By Anonymous
  • 3 Post By rxqueen83
  • 1 Post By sm0gg
Anyone thats been through withdrawl knows NO WAY CAN U EXERCISE
    bekka1964 is offline Junior Member

Default Anyone thats been through withdrawl knows NO WAY CAN U EXERCISE

I just had to get this out. I am sure if you could it may help but when in withdrawl you can barely get to the bathroom in time much less exercise. I went off suboxone in may and had a relapse last week because I was so sick of the lack of energy and focus! Today is my first day out of bed. Just the thought of putting on my shoes EXHAUSTS me! I keep hoping to wake up feeling better, feeling like doing anything. Part of the problem Im sure is depression. In the year I was on suboxone I gained 80lbs. and the fact I have no car and lost my job last year. among other things.

NoFear23 is offline Junior Member

the mind is a powerful thing. and if you believe you cant exercise and keep stressing everyday about how tired you are and not do anything about it your not going to see progress. us drug addicts have been used to 100x the percent of endorphins being produced then the average person all coming from drugs. when you get off them your body doesnt remember how to produce those endorphins naturally anymore and is waiting for you to react. you can either react by using again or picking yourself up and gradually start excerising. start being more positive about your progress and pushing yourself every day to get better. its no easy task but in order to succeed you have to want it. you have to want it more then anything else going on in your life. and if you start producing endorphins naturally by exercising and keeping yourself in a good mood even when things seem bad your brain will begin producing the endorphins you need and you will get better everyday. its not physical withdrawals your going through. the drugs are already out of your system. what your going through is your brain not used to functioning on its own anymore and in order to fix it you have to work for it. nothing else i can say but that. ive been off subs for 35 days now and im tired every single day i wake up. but i push myself to get up and work out and train every day. and i gradually feel better every day. if you want it bad enough youll succeed. its really as simple as that. keep your head up. and know that if you push yourself even when your down that it will get better. get out of your addict ways and realize that this aint easy but its worth the hard work.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bekka1964 View Post
    I just had to get this out. I am sure if you could it may help but when in withdrawl you can barely get to the bathroom in time much less exercise. I went off suboxone in may and had a relapse last week because I was so sick of the lack of energy and focus! Today is my first day out of bed. Just the thought of putting on my shoes EXHAUSTS me! I keep hoping to wake up feeling better, feeling like doing anything. Part of the problem Im sure is depression. In the year I was on suboxone I gained 80lbs. and the fact I have no car and lost my job last year. among other things.
    bekka, you relapsed on a couple of pills, you are NOT IN FULL WITHDRAWLS. this is more a mind thing, from your guilt.... cmon... yes depression is by far your worst problem right now... yes we know exercise sucks when we are in full withdrawl, BUT WE ALSO KNOW IT ACTUALLY HELPS... just go for a walk. have you got a dog. jeez just take it for a 20min slow walk up your country road...

you gotta get out of your own head... your attitude is part of this problem. cmon you got 2months up your sleeve, and you took a couple of pills.. get on with carrying on.

make yourself get to a meeting. yes they are important. and making excuses is jsut that. excuses.

how bad do you want this... no far has got it right, YOU HAVE TO PUSH YOURSELF....
    bekka1964, toni.s. and ARTIST658 like this.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hi Bekka
    They gave you excellent, spot on advice. Believe me girly, I'm exhausted. I'm 8 mos pregnant, have a house, a four year old who is FULL of life, a full time job and just quit sub on the 20th of July. Believe me, I'm beat! The heat here is unbeleivable, average of 92 every day. I would love to stay in bed with the covers over my head! Can't do it. GET OUT. You HAVE TO PUSH, PUSH, PUSH through this. Start out with small, ten minute walks up and down your road or driveway, and add five minutes a day. The endorphin thing is exactly why your so depressed. cheeky is right, a small relapse will not readdict you so much you should be in agonizing wd or sick. It's your depression paralyzing you. You have two options, get up and move or lay down and take it. Second option, you'll be back to using in no time.
    bekka1964, Lam34fus51 and SherryMN like this.
    COMPLETELY CLEAN (Sub FREE) as of 7/20/12

"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs LIKE ME" Marilyn Manson

sm0gg is offline New Member

yeah, it can help to go for a walk & get some very light exercise, you don't wanna overdo it though. The idea is to get the metabolism moving a bit & move that nasty subs out of your system asap. I know what you mean though. I usually do 60 pushups in the morning & when I was w/d's I tried some on the 3rd day & could only do 20 & that felt like 200.
    bekka1964 likes this.

bekka1964 is offline Junior Member

Thanks everyone..getting a bit better, I walk a little everyday, not too far yet..afraid I wont make it back

zabko is offline Member

Mind over matter. You're only as sick as you think you are.