Anyone from Illinois I need help!!!
    wizz587 is offline New Member

Default Anyone from Illinois I need help!!!

I went to my family DR. last Fri. hoping to gets Suboxone be he wouldnt and reffered me to another Dr., but cannot get in for 2 months....so I checked out the suboxone website and 3/4 of the phone numbers where disconnected and the ones I did get through wanted $600 or more......I live in the Suburbs of Chicago, IL if anyone knows of a Dr. withen 100 miles please help......Please please please I need help!!!!
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-28-2011 at 10:53 PM.

VacuumKirt is offline Banned

Suboxone is the trade name for a medication that contains buprenorphine and naloxone. A very similar medication, Subutex, contains buprenorphine without naloxone. Both are manufactured and sold by a British company, Reckitt-Benckiser, and are scheduled to lose their patent protection in 2009. Both medications are indicated for treatment of opiate dependence, and both are also used 'off label' to treat chronic pain.

I currently take suboxone and i will tell you the real deal about them. As stated above, yes suboxone is buprenorphine and naltrex (or Narcan)in a 4:1 ratio. Our brains have 3 different receptors that accept opiates, delta kappa & mu. Mu seems to be the receptor that causes the body to become dependant on different opiate substancs. Since suboxone is a "partial-opiate" it only acts on delta and kappa receptors, thus relieving the users withdraw symptoms. The Naltrex(or Narcan) which blocks opiates from binding to receptors, stops them from working. Naltrex(narcan) has a half-life of 2-3 hours... which means it is active in your body for 6 hours, 8 hours just to be safe. Since i take suboxone daily i know you can take an opiate the same day. For example: I wake up at 10am take my suboxone and by 8pm that night I can take an oxy and not go through any withdraw. In reguards to this drug not having a market on the street and the do not crush warning above, that is all BS. I have lived in 3 major citys and have found markets for suboxone in all of them. Also, if you crush up a suboxone and snort it, it will be stronger than taking it sublinguily and you will not withdraw that is a myth, believe me i have done it. I do not inject anything so i will not address that issue. Party safely please people.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-29-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Jay44 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by wizz587 View Post
    I went to my family DR. last Fri. hoping to gets Suboxone be he wouldnt and reffered me to another Dr., but cannot get in for 2 months....so I checked out the suboxone website and 3/4 of the phone numbers where disconnected and the ones I did get through wanted $600 or more......I live in the Suburbs of Chicago, IL if anyone knows of a Dr. withen 100 miles please help......Please please please I need help!!!!
    Hey Wizz, I also live in IL & found out when my family dr referred to a sub dr they initially told me it would be 6wks to get in. I told them I really needed to get in as soon as possible & they got me an appt 2 days later. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. It's sad it takes so long to get in to see a sub dr.