Antidepressants and sub taper
    blueopiate is offline Member

Default Antidepressants and sub taper

Hello all,

I am nearing the end of my sub taper. I have been feeling great but just noticed a twinge of anxiety. This is usually the start of what I remember turning into moderate to high anxiety. I have been prescribed celexa in the past for this but opiates took the place for a while. I am wondering if as I continue to taper if the anxiety will grow.

Is it not a good idea to start on the celexa until I'm done with the sub? I normally would start slow, taking only 5mg for a couple days, then 10, then 15, then stop at 1 20mg pill per day. What does anyone think? Has anyone else done something similar?

Thanks

Robert_325 is offline Retired

If you were already on celexa it may help you. If you weren't previously taking them I would say NO! You could try it but a little depression is normal doing this. If you hang tough you may be just fine. Keep me posted. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

blueopiate is offline Member

Robert,

Yes, I did take it a while back for high anxiety and it did help. It is doctor prescribed. However, I am wondering if I should just tough it out and see what happens. My only concern is is if my anxiety returns with a vengeance when I'm clean, I could be in for a rough ride for a while until it starts working. I'm thinking I might just wait and see.