Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
.5 mg once a day or split dose?
    dsac6060 is offline Member

Default .5 mg once a day or split dose?

Im on .5mg. I was taking .25 at 8am and .25 at 4pm. Should i consider taking 1 dose? DDAVE said this is why I may be getting more anxiety when I am getting to the lower doses. I know that when i take the .25 it lasts me till around 2 then i start getting feelings of WD in my body/stomach.

So what should I do? Take .5mg once or split it into two doses?????? I seriously feel like the past two days I have been putting my body through torture. Makes me feel like why not just JUMP now. Could me dosing twice at such a low dose cause anxiety and not being able to get stable? and is this proven?
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    Im on .5mg. I was taking .25 at 8am and .25 at 4pm. Should i consider taking 1 dose? DDAVE said this is why I may be getting more anxiety when I am getting to the lower doses. I know that when i take the .25 it lasts me till around 2 then i start getting feelings of WD in my body/stomach.

So what should I do? Take .5mg once or split it into two doses?????? I seriously feel like the past two days I have been putting my body through torture. Makes me feel like why not just JUMP now. Could me dosing twice at such a low dose cause anxiety and not being able to get stable? and is this proven?

At that low of a dose just take it all in one dose! No reason to split that. I wouldn't jump yet, I would still do the day skipping process from .25mg. God bless.
    Suboxowned likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks Robert...This morning I took my .5mg and for some reason it made me at first very anxious and sweaty. I still kind of even feel that way and I took it like 45 mins ago. I have been stable up to the past 3 days. What is going on with me? I swear anxiety through the roof. I feel actually better before I take the sub lol

Suboxowned is offline Member

I have read on other taper threads that when on that small of a dose, they actually feel worse when they dose. I can't figure out why, but, maybe it is the body's way of deciding it is time to finish.
    Good luck d...

Aud

Hey AUD thank you so much!!! Yea at first for like 30 mins I felt "off" Not sure what that is but maybe it is my body telling me that. I am going to listen to Robert and DDAve who told me to taper down to
    .125 even then start skipping days. What threads do you remember which ones??? >> like to read them. I hope you are feeling good, I know that you said you were pretty content at 1mg. i know when i was there and lower until .5mg I did not get bad WD symptoms at all. Just usual sweats, lil anxiety, and restless at night.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

dsac.....give it a few days dosing 1x a day at .5.......take it at the same time everyday and make sure your exercising. Then your gonna want to decrease your dose by either 20 or 25 % depending on how you feel. Try reading Fedup's thread....i know he was experiencing some of the same issues as you.

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    dsac.....give it a few days dosing 1x a day at .5.......take it at the same time everyday and make sure your exercising. Then your gonna want to decrease your dose by either 20 or 25 % depending on how you feel. Try reading Fedup's thread....i know he was experiencing some of the same issues as you.
    Okayyyy, sounds good. I am just excited to finish honestly but i guess another week wont hurt, especially if it will minimize wd symptoms. So if I take .5 mg for like 7-8 days, that wont affect me?

Okayyyy, sounds good. I am just excited to finish honestly but i guess another week wont hurt, especially if it will minimize wd symptoms. So if I take .5 mg for like 7-8 days, that wont affect me?

I still say it will make it easier on you if you'll follow the protocol and do the day skipping process. It's worked well for most people over a period of years. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

No robert, I meant because I didnt yet feel stable at 7-8 days of it. If I continue on this mg will it hurt my taper

No robert, I meant because I didnt yet feel stable at 7-8 days of it. If I continue on this mg will it hurt my taper

Are you sick or just feeling a little w/d? I want you to be stable, but if we feel nothing we aren't being agressive enough. Doesn't mean you should be in w/d though. If it takes a few extra days at this dose I wouldn't freak out about it. We can still do the day skipping as soon as you feel a little better, but I would go down to .25mg before we do the skipping. God bless.

Ok so basically, ill taper till .25mg then do the day skipping?

My anxiety is bad. Its killing me....thats the worst part
    Besides that I can tolerate stuff, the anxiety is the only thing making me wonder.
    Last edited by dsac6060; 03-08-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Ok so basically, ill taper till .25mg then do the day skipping?

My anxiety is bad. Its killing me....thats the worst part
    Besides that I can tolerate stuff, the anxiety is the only thing making me wonder.

What supplements are you using for anxiety?

I have GABA, L-Theanine, and clonodine .1mg but nothing works ...my stomach is in a constant knot

I have GABA, L-Theanine, and clonodine .1mg but nothing works ...my stomach is in a constant knot

Have you tried any really good protein shakes and are you eating good?

Yes I take protein shakes twice a day, and exercise 6 days a week. Also, my diet is 5-6 small meals with all good stuff. I'm a personal trainer at the gym and take photo shoots

Daily diet:

8am: Egg white omelet with vegetables
    10am: Protein shake
    12pm: Fruit
    1:30-2: Lunch: Salad, chicken, tuna, vegetables
    330: Yogurt
    4:30 Two scoops peanut butter
    445: gym and cardio Amino acid drink while i work out, filled with glutamine, leucine, lysine, taurine
    6:30-7: dinner: chicken, fish, vegetables, wheat pasta

So basically, this is a daily thing for me. I am very on point with it. Lost 50 lbs to be where I wantd to be!

dsac.......i also eat like that and had no problems, but everyone is different. My doc also gave me the clonodine but i never even used it, maybe try not takin it till your completely off the subs.

i think your also freaking yourself out about this.....focus on the fact that soon you wont have to take this stuff....you are in control my man.

haha thanks...maybe I am . I know when I start thinking about stuff it gets way worse and moves to another level. Hopefully you are right man.

Also, I had my doctors appointment yesterday. She only gave me 10 of the lorezepam .5mg pills. said that she didnt want to get me addicted. How the heck is that going to last me?

Sorry, and also 20 of the 3.75 Sustained release Clorazepate pills. I have no idea what this even means as far as sustained release and when I have to even take them. 3.75 mg seems like such a low dose. I also have 8 clonodine left from a previous WD that I saved

Also, I had my doctors appointment yesterday. She only gave me 10 of the lorezepam .5mg pills. said that she didnt want to get me addicted. How the heck is that going to last me?

Take it a day at a time. You're geting close, if they're needed I beieve she will help you out again. But you only want to take the benzo if absolutely necessary so you don't have another monster to deal with later. Don't freak out, it will all work out! God bless.