2mg taper and wisdom teeth info
    plzfreeme is offline Member

Default 2mg taper and wisdom teeth info

Hey guys! I have tapered down with my Drs help. Now at 2mg and it's getting harder as you know. I had a root canal that failed and they are going to extract it along with my upper left wisdom tooth. The wisdom tooth is fully through the gun but is crowding my teeth. The oral surgeon says local anesthetic only is needed. I've seemed not too bothered by the suboxone but said it would make the sedation choice more difficult. He said he would give me gas to relax me and then numb the areas like crazy. I can't help but wonder if he's just saying this because he doesn't want to deal with the suboxone issue. He said he would prescribe the normal narcotic pain control afterwards and a script for ibuprofen 800. I personally have found Advil works 10 fold better than hydrocodone for dental pain so I probably won't even get it filled. But my question do you think I should push the issue and be sedated? My sub dr suggested a single dose of Valium he could prescribe if I'm nervous but truth be told I don't know what's best. Any advice from my fellow sub users? Also if I did need pain control by some odd chance my thought is to ask for non opiod as 2mg should still be blocking right? I took Percocet in 2010 for an abdominal surgery and it only kept me out of wd never felt high. I went back to sub 48 hrs post surgery and tossed the percs. I hate the freakin dentist!

plzfreeme is offline Member

Wow nobody?

Anonymous Guest

i had 8 teeth extracted only using the local anaesthetic, while i was on subs...

i used ibuprofen and paracetamol only for the pain afterwards..

dont know why he would prescribe opiates while on subs, shows he doesnt have a clue, coz they wont work while you are on subs anyway...

go with the otc stuff... you will be ok...