• 1 Post By Kriskay80
  • 4 Post By dsac6060
  • 1 Post By gunnawin
  • 1 Post By DDAVE45
  • 1 Post By DDAVE45
21 days clean~!
    dsac6060 is offline Member

Talking 21 days clean~!

Hey everyone, so its now been 21 days Sub free! Woo...I feel so much better. Right now I am loving life, absolutely cherishing every feeling and moment I may have missed in the past year! It's crazy how "numb" drugs make you to the world. I never realized it until now. I never felt any emotions or feelings. The only symptom i have been seeing is my malaise. I sometimes feel so sluggish its unreal, but >> rather have that then anxiety or RLS. WORST stuff ever.

I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. Without your help and guidance/support I would still be on suboxone. Im glad that I took the initiative to say to myself, "What am I doing??" It was a serious wake up call, which now leads me to the future. Reading ppls posts on the forum and having friends guide me through this process will forever be remembered. I would have not been able to do it otherwise.

If anyone needs help or has questions about my taper, post on my thread. I usually check this thing a few times a day, remaining yet another "lurker" who got clean through the taper process.

Have a great day!

P.S. I think I play music the entire time im awake, nothing better!!!!!

" Oh life it seems a struggle between what we see and what we do "
    Ashleyy, gunnawin, DDAVE45 and 1 others like this.
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Ashleyy is offline Member

dsac ... You just amaze me!!... and I am so danng proud of YOU! What a success you are in so many ways

Please always check in and let us know what's up... because I will be looking as well.

Sometimes I lurk n' read but don't have time to post-- until later.

You are an inspiration to me and I know I go back and read your story over and over. It is giving me strength for the hurdles that may lie ahead shortly.

Thanks for being you!!

my edit... ALSO, I wanted to add that I am so thankful you will be here for me when I jump. It is an awesome thing we have here... NOT KNOWING ANYONE on a personal level, but helping other selflessly- whether it is by lending an ear, giving advice, and most of all - SUPPORT, that SHOULDER to lean on. WE ARE NOT ALONE!!
    Last edited by Ashleyy; 04-06-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    dsac6060 likes this.
    Ashley

alleycat4714 is offline Junior Member

Talking

Congrats! What dose were you on? I want to detox, but I'm so afraid of the w/d. It seems like it's worse everytime. And I definitely agree with you on Subs numbing your emotions. I feel like a block of wood a lot of times. I see people get upset over things that I would normally feel, but I just can't feel anything. Anyways, keep it up. You are an inspiration!

Hey Ashleyy, thank you so much!! I will absolutely be on here checking on people. Thats my new daily task. I usually look at the site anywhere from 2-3 times a day lol. Always checking up on people, and seeing whats happening. Ill be here to guide you and cheer you on! Just read my thread, it will prob help.

alleycat: I was at .25mg for one day and I said Im jumpin. I couldnt take the mild prolonged wd while tapering. I went from 8mg to .25mg in a month, super fast taper. Symptoms may have lasted a little longer but now its all good. Yea I hated feeling like that. Its an eye opener when you feel normal again, unreal feeling. You have one goal in mind and thats it!
    gunnawin likes this.

SuzieOf is offline Member

Congratulations!! I have just read all the threads you started from the time you were at 1.5 and I have to say you are a true inspiration. Very proud of you and hope to be there in a month or less myself. I'm at .50. I never took more than 2mg.'s twice a day for the first two years and then 1mg. twice a day for a year before I thought I should stop to see what is going on w/my body. Since then I found this forum and realized I should quit for good. It never even occurred to me that there are side effects like a numbing of emotions or malaise but then I'm 62 and I thought I was just getting old. It's true that for years I have been a hermit, a recluse but I thought that was just because I didn't like people that much, lol.. now I'm excited to see if the old me is in there when I come off of it.

DDAVE45 is offline Member

dave........so proud of you man. You've had your bad days (and bad weeks lol) ......but still held strong throughout. Your def an insiration to many people here.......now you get to take full advantage of a subfree life and you've earned it. You have beaten this and im sure you'll never go turn back.

ps.....im still gonna have to show you up in Modern Warfare though......you cant beat everything.
    Ashleyy, gunnawin and dsac6060 like this.

kellennn is offline Member

WOoooOOO yeah I think I need one of these victory threads too. They're so freaking sweet! Take that lap, hold that flag high!

Revel in it my friend. Revel in the greatest victory of your life.

You know I know all about those emotions coming back. And that music... man that music just speaks to my soul.

Godspeed! So proud of you. Glad we could walk that dark forest together, if only in spirit.
    dsac6060 and gunnawin like this.

Kriskay80 is offline Junior Member

I just read your post! I am new here but in the tapering process right now. You have inspired me to keep going no matter how hard it gets! I am almost there and I can't wait to be physically, emotionally, and mentally free of this drug! Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing your story.
    dsac6060 likes this.

Talking

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to get back to you all. I've been keeping busy dealing with my grandmother in the hospital. Before I'd use any excuse to do a pill. Oh my grandmothers in the hospital so I'll take a bunch of pills to numb my emotions. Nope. Not this time around this is not beating me ever again, I've worked so hard and long for this. There Is absolutely no way I'll go back. 3rd times the charm. I went through CT WD twice now off of Oxycodone 30. N this time around I tapered subs. They truly did save my life, but they also were not good for me. Unaware to my knowledge at the time. Good for me I only used them for a total of 3 months. This site, this forum truly saved my life for real. Any tapering use this website for total support n cheers the entire process. Makes you feel good that you're not the only one in this situation. A def confidence booster.

I love life right now and hope you guys can be sub free with me!!!!!!!
    SuzieOf, Ashleyy, gunnawin and 1 others like this.

gunnawin is offline Junior Member

CONGRATS dsac6060!!!! I'm happy for u!! Freedom from that stuff is truely amazing!!! Hope ur grandmother is doing ok. Have a wonderful day today and many, many more to come!!
    dsac6060 likes this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DDAVE45 View Post
    dave........so proud of you man. You've had your bad days (and bad weeks lol) ......but still held strong throughout. Your def an insiration to many people here.......now you get to take full advantage of a subfree life and you've earned it. You have beaten this and im sure you'll never go turn back.

ps.....im still gonna have to show you up in Modern Warfare though......you cant beat everything.
    DDAVE: come on now lol....you're right, I cannot beat everything but hey, nothing wrong with trying. Next time I am getting on, Ill look for your friend request. I apologize for not playing lately. Been so distracted with my situations over here so. But thank you for those comments, big big big help you were the last leg of my taper.

haha....i thought you would like that.. ....to be honest man i havenet been playing either. Im glad to see that your keeping yourself busy man...hope your not slacking at the gym lol. Sorry about your grandmother ....hope everything works out.

haha....i thought you would like that.. ....to be honest man i havenet been playing either. Im glad to see that your keeping yourself busy man...hope your not slacking at the gym lol. Sorry about your grandmother ....hope everything works out.
    Thanks man, me slack???? Come on now. I didn't miss a day even when I was going through WD. I sure am not missing now lol....feels great to be where I'm at now. How many days are you at

nice man .....yo you should think about doing tough mudder in october.....its at tri-state raceway park in new jersey, i did it last year and its a good time and something to train hard for. Im 74 days subfree today and never felt better.

Thats crazy because I just signed up for it last week!!!! WOW. Where you live at? I was going to do one soon but I figured Ill train hard until October then do that one. Awesome man, im at 27 days!!!!

thats sick man.......im on long island .......make sure you step your cardio up. Ill see you there then.....you doing it alone or with some friends?

thats sick man.......im on long island .......make sure you step your cardio up. Ill see you there then.....you doing it alone or with some friends?
    Im doing it with some friends. Yeaaaa I Better see you out there !!!

yeaaa budddy......shouldnt be hard to spot me...ill be the one in front of you lol

yeaaa budddy......shouldnt be hard to spot me...ill be the one in front of you lol
    whoooooooaaaaaaa now!

LOL Im in good shape but Ive been training doing crossfit twice a week with my lifting regimine. Hopefully, i get in Tough Mudder shape

as long as your cardio is good.....your ready now man. Crossfit is no joke ....so you'll tear through obstacles. Electro-shock therapy knocked me out last year lol......so be ready to have 10,000 volts runnnin through your body lol. And just remember....we beat addiction so we already have the advantage.
    dsac6060 likes this.

as long as your cardio is good.....your ready now man. Crossfit is no joke ....so you'll tear through obstacles. Electro-shock therapy knocked me out last year lol......so be ready to have 10,000 volts runnnin through your body lol. And just remember....we beat addiction so we already have the advantage.
    Hahaha that sounds ridiculous!!!! I have heard about the electro shock thing....apparently before it was not in all obstacles, but now its included in all. Correct? That sounds insane though....I have been trying to get my cardio up so we shall see. Its not till October so I Hope that I'll be ready, I know i'll push myself to be ready so. I have been loving life, its now 38 days for me!!! Feels like forever long ago, but I never want to feel that way again my man! Terrible, God Bless everyone on here. Sorry I have not been around. Apologies, but Ive had a ton going on and I'm trying to get my life fully back on track!

Hope all is well!

thats awesome dave.....you've made amazing progress man .....so proud of you man. Dont apologize for living your life .......keep it up man. Im sure others have read your thread and have been inspired by you.....so even though you havent been on....your still helping people.
    dsac6060 likes this.

thats awesome dave.....you've made amazing progress man .....so proud of you man. Dont apologize for living your life .......keep it up man. Im sure others have read your thread and have been inspired by you.....so even though you havent been on....your still helping people.
    DDAVE: 50 days now!!!! Love life, I played COD tonight. We got to rip n play some multiplayer. Hit me up

Niiiiice...........time flies man, cant believe its been 50 days for you already. Ill def play with u bro just accept my friend request.

Absolutely time flies! Its been a long time since I can even think to look back at where I was......its crazy how your body heals and repairs itself to get back to its normal functioning. I have been around drugs and I have to say it was hard to not want it but I did stay strong and with hold from taking any. Hope all is well with you, when I play again Ill accept your friend request.

Glad you stayed strong man.....its not easy when your only 50 days clean, your still vulnerable this early. And it is amazing how your body and mind slowly repairs itself; its almost like you become a new person and hate the person you used to be. I think im done with modern warfare ....lol ....game gets me too angry...im gonna wait till the new one comes out in november. Hope everything is good man...talk to you soon