• 1 Post By Denny_D
  • 1 Post By rxqueen
  • 1 Post By amberwish
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
2 weeks without suboxone!!!
    amberwish is offline Member

Default 2 weeks without suboxone!!!

Hey friends,
    Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how great it feels to be drug free! Yes, it can be done!!! Like everyone that has gone before me has said, everyday gets a little easier. I went away for 7 days to a sunny place. I got to reflect and really be aware of what a gift I was given (again) and how grateful I am to this forum and the people that hung in there with me. Now I must work to keep this gift and not take it for granite for one second.

My biggest problem was forgetting the pain and letting the disease tell me that I can try one more time to be a successful drug addict....whatever that is? I fell for it every time!!! I worked hard to get clean and I dont ever want to go through this again. Im getting old (40) and I wasted too many years chasing, lying, cheating, stealing and whatever else......Im exhausted and want to live the life I was meant to live.

Man, it feels good just typing this. I cant thank you enough and you know who you are. I hope whoever is reading this realizes that it does get better. Give it a chance and hang on for the miracle. Dont let any more time pass you by. One day at a time you too can get your life back. My energy level is slowly getting better, my desire to live life is back, sleep is slowly coming back and most importantly Amber is beginning to come alive!

Whoever is struggling....dont give up!

Thank you all,
    Amber
    Robert_325 and Denny_D like this.

I'm so happy for you!!! Keep it up! I know your such an inspiration to many!
    amberwish likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Amber ..... I am so glad that you're another success story. Remember that you're now a full-fledged member of the pickle club! Once you're a pickle you can never be a cucumber again. You can't use "just one" or you'll be right back at day one again like you never stopped. Temptations will happen, so prepare yourself. It takes some significant clean time to be able to sit next to a bottle of pills, or it did for me at least. After almost ten years clean I detest pain meds but for several years I dreamed about them, I could taste them, it was disgusting. I thought about it constantly. But just staying clean for today I've made it almost ten years and you can do the same thing! Congratulations on your huge accomplishment and I am proud of you! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

fedupnow is offline Member

Wow look at you go!!

Your free and clear to the otherside! You have been a HUGE help in my recovery and when I'm feeling down or looking for answers I still go through your taper thread!

It must feel great to be sober and non dependent on anything! Keep a spot warm for me cuz I will be joining you soon

Congrat's and keep it up!
    amberwish likes this.

Denny_D is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by amberwish View Post
    Hey friends,
    Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how great it feels to be drug free! Yes, it can be done!!! Like everyone that has gone before me has said, everyday gets a little easier. I went away for 7 days to a sunny place. I got to reflect and really be aware of what a gift I was given (again) and how grateful I am to this forum and the people that hung in there with me. Now I must work to keep this gift and not take it for granite for one second.

My biggest problem was forgetting the pain and letting the disease tell me that I can try one more time to be a successful drug addict....whatever that is? I fell for it every time!!! I worked hard to get clean and I dont ever want to go through this again. Im getting old (40) and I wasted too many years chasing, lying, cheating, stealing and whatever else......Im exhausted and want to live the life I was meant to live.

Man, it feels good just typing this. I cant thank you enough and you know who you are. I hope whoever is reading this realizes that it does get better. Give it a chance and hang on for the miracle. Dont let any more time pass you by. One day at a time you too can get your life back. My energy level is slowly getting better, my desire to live life is back, sleep is slowly coming back and most importantly Amber is beginning to come alive!

Thank you all,
    Amber
    Hi Amber ..... Wow you sound like a totally different person! An amazing transformation! So happy for you and so proud too! You put in all the hard work and it certainly has paid off. That week in the sun did wonders for you and glad that you rewarded yourself with it. So well deserved.

Like you have been told and as you also know, please always be aware of those bad guys doing their best to sneak up on you when you least expect it to happen. They will always do their best to get you to try one more pill now that you have beat them down. And it's your job to let them know that you just aren't interested any longer in that type of life right? I have every confidence that you will remain drug-free and have an truly amazing life! God Bless....Denny
    amberwish likes this.

rxqueen is offline Junior Member

Amber great job! Keep up the good work! That's wonderful to hear. The more time you have clean the better it gets. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.
    amberwish likes this.

amberwish is offline Member

Hey Denny!
    Thank you for all your help, couldn't have done it without you. I have to admit and it's crazy that you just said it in your post but today while driving home I thought to myself.... If I just buy 10 percs maybe I could enjoy them and be done. How insane is that? I mean it's been less than 3weeks that I'm clean and I already forget the nightmare. Crazy! Thank you Denny..... You knew before I did!
    Amber
    Denny_D likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Default Yeah amber!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amberwish View Post
    Hey friends,

Thank you all,
    Amber
    Hey Amber,

I am so excited for you! Now you have a whole new life in front of you just waiting to be lived totally drug free!!! Awesome job. Keep up the great work, and don't forget there is never just one!
    amberwish likes this.

lilnadz is offline Member

Thats amazing Amber.. All the best.! you are motivation to alot of users that want to be clean