• 1 Post By Strong Desire
  • 1 Post By rxqueen83
  • 3 Post By Jmarket
  • 1 Post By Jmarket
  • 1 Post By Jmarket
11 days off of suboxone.
    Jmarket is offline Junior Member

Default 11 days off of suboxone.

The short story.. I have been on opiates for the last 5 years. The last two years I have been on suboxone. I have posted in this forum several times before before when I previously tried to get off.. I had only planned to be on subs for a short detox, well that turned into a 2 year roller-coaster ride. I stayed on due to fear of coming off the sub, mainly because of the many stories I have read on here about how long people were experiencing WD and how terrible they felt.... And let me tell you, I did the whole taper thing got down to .5 then .25 for a couple days then off. That was 11 days ago (july 4, 2012) and I have not felt much at all. I have felt tired and some anxiety and mild sweats. But I have slept a full 8 hours from day 1 through day 10. The sleep thing is what I was worried about the most. SO I have been so great full I have not lost any sleep, from what I have read I consider my self lucky..

One thing I forgot to mention is that the day I jumped off of suboxone (july 4, 2012) I fell and split my chin and broke my jaw. Luckily I did not have to get my jaw wired shut, but I still have to eat through a straw for 6 weeks . The doctor tried to give me vicoden but after all the tapering I had done with the sub I couldn't accept. I have relapsed way to many times in the past and I am finally 11 days free of any opiate. So I have only taken High doses of Ibuprofin to manage the pain.

I have been active everyday, exercise is KEY. I have been working out and running everyday for a few months and I know this made a huge difference, I have not had ANY RLS or muscle spasms at all. So if you are starting your taper now drop the mouse and keyboard and do some push ups and go for a run. It will help tremendously when you get to the end of your taper.

I am so proud of myself for getting to where I am at. All of you guys that are scared/ worried about jumping off of sub, DONT BE. I know everyone is different and has different experiences but I have had very little discomfort and NO loss of sleep or appetite at all.

If you have any questions about my taper schedule I will do my best to answer but I jumped around a lot so its difficult for me to remember day for day dosages. I will help in any way i can though.. Goodluck and GOD bless
    "Put your pain in a box.. LOCK IT DOWN.. No man is stronger or more dangerous than one who can harness his emotions."

CRYintheNIGHT Guest

WoW! Jmarket what a wonderful post. You did it! You definitely inspired me...thank you!!

bppb is offline Member

That is great to heart. Keep up the good working one step at a time!

Day 12: slept 8 hours last night, woke up went for a run. Made some breakfast/ coffee, I feel great. Its weird not waking up and running to your stash to dose. Pretty damn cool though.
    "Put your pain in a box.. LOCK IT DOWN.. No man is stronger or more dangerous than one who can harness his emotions."

Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarket View Post
    Day 12: slept 8 hours last night, woke up went for a run. Made some breakfast/ coffee, I feel great. Its weird not waking up and running to your stash to dose. Pretty damn cool though.
    Hello Jmarket,

I wanted to introduce myself to you and tell you how proud of you I am. Great job as you continue to add to your clean time! Very impressive! I wanted to ask how your jaw was feeling? Giving you any problems at this time. I'm sure it's sore and hurts quite a bit, but overall how much time is involved until you're back to being able to eat solid foods again? I know you said 6 weeks, but could it be sooner?

I wish you continued success. You have a great attitude and that will take you all the way I believe. And that exercise is really the key. So keep right on moving! Take care and have a great day.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Strong desire, Nice to meet you. As of now my Jaw seams to be healing very slowly. When it happened I also completely shattered 6 of my teeth, and I can't see a dentist until my jaw heals due to the fact I can not open my mouth wide enough. The pain has been pretty bad but it is somewhat bearable. I think this injury may have helped me and my jump from sub in a weird way, Keeping my mind preoccupied. Today is day 13 and other than the pain in my mouth I feel great.

Strong desire, Nice to meet you. As of now my Jaw seams to be healing very slowly. When it happened I also completely shattered 6 of my teeth, and I can't see a dentist until my jaw heals due to the fact I can not open my mouth wide enough. The pain has been pretty bad but it is somewhat bearable. I think this injury may have helped me and my jump from sub in a weird way, Keeping my mind preoccupied. Today is day 13 and other than the pain in my mouth I feel great.
    Thank you for your post and the update. I really appreciate it. That has to be one of the most painful injuries, and also one that just basically stinks. Not being able to have your teeth repaired must really be a downer!

I'm just really curious, but how did you happen to fall? Were you running, walking, trip or something else? That is one nasty injury to have by falling. You do mention that you run everyday, so I am guessing that's what you were doing when you fell. I feel so bad for you right now and can barely imagine how it must feel.

I will say a prayer if you don't mind, for your quick recovery, and the pain to subside even more than it has. I pray for EVER member of his forum every single day.

I must say, your entire attitude about your injury is amazing! You really seem to have a grasp on the whole thing and that is really great! And congratulations on the 13 days of clean time! Again, that is amazing! I wish you the very best in the future. You are really doing great and I'm very proud of you. You should be proud of yourself!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

The short story.. I have been on opiates for the last 5 years. The last two years I have been on suboxone. I have posted in this forum several times before before when I previously tried to get off.. I had only planned to be on subs for a short detox, well that turned into a 2 year roller-coaster ride. I stayed on due to fear of coming off the sub, mainly because of the many stories I have read on here about how long people were experiencing WD and how terrible they felt.... And let me tell you, I did the whole taper thing got down to .5 then .25 for a couple days then off. That was 11 days ago (july 4, 2012) and I have not felt much at all. I have felt tired and some anxiety and mild sweats. But I have slept a full 8 hours from day 1 through day 10. The sleep thing is what I was worried about the most. SO I have been so great full I have not lost any sleep, from what I have read I consider my self lucky..

One thing I forgot to mention is that the day I jumped off of suboxone (july 4, 2012) I fell and split my chin and broke my jaw. Luckily I did not have to get my jaw wired shut, but I still have to eat through a straw for 6 weeks . The doctor tried to give me vicoden but after all the tapering I had done with the sub I couldn't accept. I have relapsed way to many times in the past and I am finally 11 days free of any opiate. So I have only taken High doses of Ibuprofin to manage the pain.

I have been active everyday, exercise is KEY. I have been working out and running everyday for a few months and I know this made a huge difference, I have not had ANY RLS or muscle spasms at all. So if you are starting your taper now drop the mouse and keyboard and do some push ups and go for a run. It will help tremendously when you get to the end of your taper.

I am so proud of myself for getting to where I am at. All of you guys that are scared/ worried about jumping off of sub, DONT BE. I know everyone is different and has different experiences but I have had very little discomfort and NO loss of sleep or appetite at all.

If you have any questions about my taper schedule I will do my best to answer but I jumped around a lot so its difficult for me to remember day for day dosages. I will help in any way i can though.. Goodluck and GOD bless
    your story is absolutely amazing. You are such a strong person! I have been clean over a year, and the thought of breaking my jaw and taking only >>> well, i cant even think about that. Thats so wonderful!
    Clean and Sober as of 4-25-2011

it is an amazing feeling waking up every morning and realizing you dont have to worry about how many pills you have, when your gonna take it etc. awesome!
    Jmarket likes this.

i think you are right about the jaw incident pre occupying you so your not really feeling any sub withdraw. As weird as it sounds, i was in jail last year for 5 days, and was detoxing off a bunch of drugs, and barely noticed because my mind was so caught up in the fact that i was in JAIL. weird how the mind and body can work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by shybaybe2003 View Post
    it is an amazing feeling waking up every morning and realizing you dont have to worry about how many pills you have, when your gonna take it etc. awesome!
    You're so right about that! I have been clean only 2 days now and waking up and never having to worry about how or when the next dose comes truly is AMAZING as you said!

Thanks for saying that!

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    shybaybe2003 likes this.

Strong desire, I broke my jaw while skateboarding. There may or may not have been alcohol involved -_-. ( not a drinker).. And yes it has been really painful. Especially because I shattered a bunch of my teeth. It has not been fun to say the least..

But I am now day 14 off of subs and THAT feels good. I just cant believe how mellow this has been. I was expecting so much worse. I am starting to get into a new routine and I feel better than I did when I was on suboxone, so cool to say that. I do have moments throughout the day where I feel a little weird still, but after 5 years on opiates I know I have awhile to go before I am 100% again.

God Bless

jrburnit is offline New Member

Very encouraging, I've yet to quit for the same fears. I personally have "tried" to stop after about a week or so at 2mg and once I start experiencing the "sweats" is when I relapse. I have also taken Ibprufrin and Tylenol for the headaches and heat flashes and they do the trick, especially headaches at night before sleep. I will be making an attempt prior to summer's end and hope I can conquer this time.

Strong desire, I broke my jaw while skateboarding. There may or may not have been alcohol involved -_-. ( not a drinker).. And yes it has been really painful. Especially because I shattered a bunch of my teeth. It has not been fun to say the least..

But I am now day 14 off of subs and THAT feels good. I just cant believe how mellow this has been. I was expecting so much worse. I am starting to get into a new routine and I feel better than I did when I was on suboxone, so cool to say that. I do have moments throughout the day where I feel a little weird still, but after 5 years on opiates I know I have awhile to go before I am 100% again.

God Bless
    Well I must say that you are in a really good frame of mind dealing with that jaw right now! Good for you my friend! Hopefully it won't be that much longer and you can get back to a more normal state.

And congratulations for the 14 days off those subs! That's really awesome! I'm at day 4 off them and having some emotional issues right now. But I know what's going on so I will just have to deal with it for a while longer.

Keep up the positive attitude. That will take you all the way right now. Good that your routine is becoming more stable too. You're doing all the right things and that's so important. Take care of yourself and I'll catch up with ya later on. Have a great day.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hang in there, I know how the emotional thing goes. It was really my only noticeable symptom. Trust me when you get to day 5, 6, 7 the emotional thing starts to subside because you will start to be happier and happier with yourself for getting that far. Then it just gets better and better. YOU GOT THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by jrburnit View Post
    Very encouraging, I've yet to quit for the same fears. I personally have "tried" to stop after about a week or so at 2mg and once I start experiencing the "sweats" is when I relapse. I have also taken Ibprufrin and Tylenol for the headaches and heat flashes and they do the trick, especially headaches at night before sleep. I will be making an attempt prior to summer's end and hope I can conquer this time.
    You can do it, I was scared to get off for about a year and a half and I procrastinated my jump off for way to long. The only advice I can give is to taper as low as you can. It was a little difficult to taper at first, I know exactly what you mean about the sweats, the sweats were always my cue to redose.. but dont. The mild sweats and hot flashes you get while tapering will pass and you will then stabilize on the smaller dose. The weird thing is, for me anyway, I felt way better on .5mg, and .25mg then I did at 2-3mg. And the jump for me was next to painless. I did get minor sweats and a touch of anxiety the first few days but it has been completely manageable. I have gone out and done things everyday since I jumped and I think getting out and staying active has helped the most. When I sit at home I seem to dwell on every ache and pain in my body. Today is day 15 for me and I feel great. You can do this, just believe.

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Thanks for sharing your progress. I love your quote by the way. I jumped 70 hours ago, almost 3 days and I'm feeling okay. Not too bad. Wondering when I'm going to get slammed with symptoms that are unbearable and how I'll deal with them. Trying not to mentally obsess.
    soscrewed likes this.

No problem, I was right where you are, thinking "when are the W'Ds coming.. Mine never came.. hope you have the same experience. Day 19 for me, I feel great. My jaw is starting to feel a little better as well..

Rxqueen, my advice would be to stay active as much as possible. Keep your mind occupied. The only time I felt any symptoms would be when I sat around the house. Just going for a walk helps a lot.

Crystalclear651 is offline Senior Member

Been following your jump so just wanted to jump in here n say congrats! Hope your jaw injury heals up fast. Take care of yourself, thanks so much for sharing!
    Crystal

Mike_925 is offline Junior Member

Congratulations Jmarket...what a Inspiration you are to so many here. I am down to 1.75 mg...I feel that I'll be ready to jump In about three weeks or so. Im using Roberts tappering plan also. I feel that his plan Is a god send....It also makes a lot of sense. It's Important to go slowly down with the doses. I was taking 12 mg's for several years....so to be at 1.75 is a huge Improvement for me.

I will start a thread when I jump so I can share my experences like so many other fine people here have. I went to see my doctor and told him about my situation with the subs. This Is a doctor that I've been seeing for about seven years. He has a open mind so I felt that he would understand my needs for certain meds. I was able to get Clonidine Restorial Neurontin...just In case. I've also joined the YMCA so as to have access to a Sauna steamroom Jacuzzi and swimming pool. Im also trying to eat a clean diet of mostely brown rice vegies and fruit. Im trying to follow Robert's plan to the letter....or least get as close as I can.

Again congratulations Jmarket...you should be very proud of yourself. I wish you the very best In reguards to your recovery Jaw/teeth and life In general.

I also want to thank Robert for giving so much of his time helping others...what a wonderful human being.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike_925; 07-28-2012 at 03:34 PM.

I apologize for not updating my post in a while. I am officially on day 120!!... I can"t even begin to explain how much my life has changed.. I have been through so much in the last 5 years and 120 days ago I NEVER thought I would get to where I am today.

If you are reading this and you are struggling, trying get off of suboxone. or any opiate. I was exactly where you are 120 days ago, and I can honestly tell you, no matter how terrible ???? may be right now. No matter how bad you think it might feel to get off.. ITS NOTHING COMPARED TO HOW GREAT YOU FEEL ONCE YOUR HERE.

Seriously people. I was so scared to quit, not only because of the terrible feeling of withdrawal, but also because I had been on opiates so long I really didn't know who I was without them, I didn't know how I would be/feel..

If only I knew then what I know now..

Our minds and bodies have such an amazing ability to heal ourselves. At this point the only trouble I am having with my opiate addiction is trying to comprehend why I stayed on so long, why it took so many years to make that last jump off. I just hope I can help someone that was in my position. JUMP AND NEVER LOOK BACK. Your worst day of Independence is far better than your best day of dependence.

ToSubOrNotToSub is offline New Member

Your worst day of Independence is far better than your best day of dependence.
    Truly inspiring quote!!!!!

Day 179, I should have waited until tomorrow to round things out, but here I am. Life has taken a major turn and for once it has taken a turn in the right direction.

Today I was trying to think of a few things that got me through the worst of it and it was then that I truly realized how much of an impact this forum had on me.

I need to thank ROBERT_325. I have never met you in person, but that is one hand shake I would travel half way around the world for. Your advice + taper plan is what gave me the confidence to jump, and although you probably don't even remember helping me, you may have just saved my life.
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

Day 179, I should have waited until tomorrow to round things out, but here I am. Life has taken a major turn and for once it has taken a turn in the right direction.

Today I was trying to think of a few things that got me through the worst of it and it was then that I truly realized how much of an impact this forum had on me.

I need to thank ROBERT_325. I have never met you in person, but that is one hand shake I would travel half way around the world for. Your advice + taper plan is what gave me the confidence to jump, and although you probably don't even remember helping me, you may have just saved my life.
    J-Mar....

182 days today is fricken awesome...

That's a half a year bro...Congrats!

How have you been feeling now 6 months clean compared to 1 month clean??

Keep up the good work man..

-Buck

staysober10 is offline Senior Member

JMarket,

Just read your entire thread, it is very inspirational. Its nice to read a POSITIVE suboxone story instead of the many negative ones we tend to come across. I am on a suboxone taper as well and I am eager to get to where you are today!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye13 View Post
    J-Mar....

182 days today is fricken awesome...

That's a half a year bro...Congrats!

How have you been feeling now 6 months clean compared to 1 month clean??

Keep up the good work man..

-Buck
    After the first month and a half is when I really started to feel myself again. I feel very fortunate to not have gone through terrible W/D this time around. It just took a while to get my natural energy back.

Now I feel better day to day then I ever did on opiates and its an amazing feeling. Just hang in there, suck it up for the first few weeks and never look back.

Find a hobby. I have been doing a lot of surfing/snowboarding and it gives me this adrenaline rush that I never fully appreciated while on opiates. Turns out our bodies already produce the good stuff, we just have to find a way to release it!
    Buckeye13 likes this.

Buckeye13 is offline Banned

After the first month and a half is when I really started to feel myself again. I feel very fortunate to not have gone through terrible W/D this time around. It just took a while to get my natural energy back.

Now I feel better day to day then I ever did on opiates and its an amazing feeling. Just hang in there, suck it up for the first few weeks and never look back.

Find a hobby. I have been doing a lot of surfing/snowboarding and it gives me this adrenaline rush that I never fully appreciated while on opiates. Turns out our bodies already produce the good stuff, we just have to find a way to release it!
    True Dat JM....

If I tried to surf, I would end up in the ER and back on pain meds, or drowned..

I do enjoy snowboarding though...

-Buck